Wisconsin Gay Marriage ban struck down

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

There is no such thing as a "gay" Christian, they turn away from that lifestyle after they accept Jesus.

I don't know man, that sounds pretty gay to me.

Accepting Jesus "sounds pretty gay" to you? That's your comeback. Really??

#102 Posted by theone86 (22126 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu-: The guy wandered the region with twelve other dudes and one prostitute between them all, you don't think there was some experimentation involved?

@deeliman: I always finish first, it's not always a good thing.

#103 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

There is no such thing as a "gay" Christian, they turn away from that lifestyle after they accept Jesus.

Judging by the way I hear a lot of Christians talk about their relationship with Jesus, yes it does sound pretty gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I don't mean it in a derogatory way at all.

There's a lot about Christianity that strikes me as homoerotic

You have 13 guys wandering around in the desert together, none of them seem to have any sexual interest in women whatsoever.

You even have Judas and Jesus kissing

And then there's the whole eucharist thing but to be fair that is more cannibalistic than anything

#104 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Judging by the way I hear a lot of Christians talk about their relationship with Jesus, yes it does sound pretty gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I don't mean it in a derogatory way at all.

You have 13 guys wandering around in the desert together, none of them seem to have any sexual interest in women whatsoever.

And then there's the whole eucharist thing but to be fair that is more cannibalistic than anything

You pretty much just summed up your ignorance in one post. Good job!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
#105 Edited by deactivated-5b19214ec908b (25072 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Loading Video...

#106 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

I'd love to know how my post was in any way ignorant.

Fact 1: Jesus and his 12 disciples did wander around the desert together, and none of them expressed any sexual interest in women. All of whom were also quite fond of each other, especially of Jesus. Many of these disciples later went on to die for him they loved him so much.

Fact 2: Judas did kiss Jesus (quite passionately I might add) and Jesus was fine with it

You can't tell me there are no elements of homoeroticism here

#107 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Fact 1: Jesus and his 12 disciples did wander around the desert together, and none of them expressed any sexual interest in women. All of whom were also quite fond of each other, especially of Jesus. Many of these disciples later went on to die for him they loved him so much.

Fact 2: Judas did kiss Jesus (quite passionately I might add) and Jesus was fine with it

Your post was obviously an attempt to poke fun at Christianity and its beliefs, uttering blasphemous comments and showing no respect for religion, or for those who do believe in God. If you don't agree or believe, that's your prerogative, but exercise a little common sense and show some respect for the other members in this community who hold an opinion different than your own. THAT part is clearly laid out in the FAQ of this forum. Maybe you want to go back and re-familiarize yourself with it. Might do you some good.

#108 Edited by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Your post was obviously an attempt to poke fun at Christianity and its beliefs, uttering blasphemous comments and showing no respect for religion, or for those who do believe in God. If you don't agree or believe, that's your prerogative, but exercise a little common sense and show some respect for the other members in this community who hold an opinion different than your own. THAT part is clearly laid out in the FAQ of this forum. Maybe you want to go back and re-familiarize yourself with it. Might do you some good.

If you're offended by me speculating about the sexuality of Jesus, well that's just too damn bad. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry that I have a different opinion than you do. Rather than whine it'd be much more productive if you actually engaged in the conversation. I'm approaching this with an open mind, I can be convinced otherwise but as of right now Jesus strikes me at the very least as a sexually ambiguous character in history.

I'm curious, when is it not gay for two grown men to passionately kiss one another? I guess maybe Judas has the excuse of being "gay for pay" but I don't know where that leaves Jesus.

#109 Posted by theone86 (22126 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@jasean79 said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Lol, blasphemous. I didn't think I could take you any less seriously than before, but I've been proven wrong after reading that comment.

Avatar image for popeanonymousxv
#110 Posted by PopeAnonymousXV (168 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Get on your knees for Jesus! Then be patient and wait for the second coming.

I brought up Jesus not commenting on homosexuality because Christians constantly forget that being a Christian means to be Christ-like, and Christ taught love and compassion.

@christiangmr14 Keeping your gay neighbors from getting married is not love. "I don't hate you, I just want to deny you equal rights to me and people like me because of my religious beliefs" is hate. You hate gay people, and that hatred had to be learned, and we all know where it was learned.

You say you want government out of religion, but then defend the abhorrent anti-american practice of letting majorities vote to determine the rights of minorities on a state level. Just be honest and say you want the FEDERAL government out of marriage so that you guys can continue oppressing homosexuals on a state level at your leisure.

#111 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15435 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

...but exercise a little common sense and show some respect for the other members in this community who hold an opinion different than your own.

Christians are always telling gay people they're going to burn in hell, they're a blight on society and are constantly trying to push laws through local, state and federal governments that make such people second-class citizens and legalizes straight-up discrimination against them, and now you're going to come at us from a position that we should respect those who hold an opinion that differs from ours?

Piss off.

#112 Edited by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@popeanonymousxv said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

fantastic

#113 Posted by ChristianGmr14 (157 posts) -

@popeanonymousxv said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

I brought up Jesus not commenting on homosexuality because Christians constantly forget that being a Christian means to be Christ-like, and Christ taught love and compassion.

@christiangmr14 Keeping your gay neighbors from getting married is not love. "I don't hate you, I just want to deny you equal rights to me and people like me because of my religious beliefs" is hate. You hate gay people, and that hatred had to be learned, and we all know where it was learned.

You say you want government out of religion, but then defend the abhorrent anti-american practice of letting majorities vote to determine the rights of minorities on a state level. Just be honest and say you want the FEDERAL government out of marriage so that you guys can continue oppressing homosexuals on a state level at your leisure.

Stop with the fallacious hyperbole....I don't hate gay people. They are not bad people (well some of them can be, but not all), I have said nothing homophobic or hateful in anyway. Disagreeing is not hate. So much intolerance from people who like to pretend to be tolerant.

Really you guys are the hateful one's here. You are basically a Christianphobe. That's a real bigot and I don't converse with bigots. Goodbye.

#114 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15435 posts) -

@christiangmr14 said:

That's a real bigot and I don't converse with bigots. Goodbye.

i.e. "I can't defend my position so I'm taking my ball and going home."

lol, typical.

#115 Posted by Master_Live (19073 posts) -

Come on guys, give it up. It is better from this side.

Loading Video...

The gayness rises.

#116 Posted by theone86 (22126 posts) -

@christiangmr14: Hate doesn't just manifest in obvious ways, it's not simply wishing harm on someone. The insidious thing about hate is that it often manifests in rather benign ways, at least from the point of view of the person exhibiting hate. White plantation owners, for example, thought they were civilizing Africans when they enslaved them and forced them into hard labor. They hate black people? Perish the thought! No, they were bringing them out of their primitive environment and exposing them to civilized society, it was an act of love really. Whether you're forcing someone into a life of hard labor or trying to strip them of equal standing in society, when you're trying to exert dominance over a group simply because of who they are it's hate, plain and simple. You are a homophobe. Just because you don't go out murdering gay people doesn't make the hate you do exhibit any less real.

#117 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@christiangmr14 said:

That's a real bigot and I don't converse with bigots. Goodbye.

i.e. "I can't defend my position so I'm taking my ball and going home."

lol, typical.

Pretty much.

#118 Edited by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

@TheFlush said:

Bigots might kick and scream, but they will eventually lose in the end and they know it... Even if it takes another decade. They're grasping at straws and they will go down.

I'm not against Gay people (but registered marry is out of question although it's not my right to stop you ) and in my opinion of your claimed ...... I don't thinks it's about bigots .... but what happen when the child they adopt or surogate say ....

* WHERE IS MOMMY??

* which one is my real daddy and which one is my uncle?

* Daddy, where is your girlfriend

* I'm ashamed because everybody have mommy except me

* all my classmate tease me because they said my two daddy is ... is ... like what they do in UFC games

#119 Edited by TheFlush (5917 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

@TheFlush said:

Bigots might kick and scream, but they will eventually lose in the end and they know it... Even if it takes another decade. They're grasping at straws and they will go down.

I'm not against Gay people (but registered marry is out of question although it's not my right to stop you ) and in my opinion of your claimed ...... I don't thinks it's about bigots .... but what happen when the child they adopt or surogate say ....

* WHERE IS MOMMY??

* all my classmate tease me because they said my two daddy is ... is ... like what they do in UFC games

really? *facepalm*

#120 Edited by deeliman (3981 posts) -

I wonder in what alternate dimension christianmgr lives where the evil gay people are oppressing the christian minority

#121 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

@TheFlush said:

@hippiesanta said:

@TheFlush said:

* WHERE IS MOMMY??

really? *facepalm*

your "faceplam" is only for your own convenience ..... but do you know what's inside the feeling of a child with gay parents? They don't want to spend their time explaining about their different life to other kids who are naturally wont understand it.

I believe the child wont have any problem explaining when he/she turn into adult ..... but their childhood won't be like other common children.

#122 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

@deeliman said:

I wonder in what alternate dimension christianmgr lives where the evil gay people are oppressing the christian minority

it's happening (not in a form of LGBT but by other dominant religion... guess it yourself) ...

Pakistan, Iraq, Malaysia, Indonesia

#123 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79 said:

...but exercise a little common sense and show some respect for the other members in this community who hold an opinion different than your own.

Christians are always telling gay people they're going to burn in hell, they're a blight on society and are constantly trying to push laws through local, state and federal governments that make such people second-class citizens and legalizes straight-up discrimination against them, and now you're going to come at us from a position that we should respect those who hold an opinion that differs from ours?

Piss off.

First off, I never said anything about anyone burning in Hell, let alone homosexuals, nor am I trying impose my beliefs on anyone here (and please, if I did, find that exact quote on these forums and show me). I simply stated that those who hold different opinions than what appears to be the majority on here, should respect their point of view. However, you chose to stereotype all Christians based on whatever information you've read in the past. So, really you're showing the exact sentiment towards Christians as you accuse them of showing towards gays - hate, discrimination. Pot, meet kettle.

Secondly, my post wasn't even addressed towards you, so you're getting your panties all up in a twist for nothing. :)

#124 Edited by deactivated-5b19214ec908b (25072 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79 said:

Piss off.

First off, I never said anything about anyone burning in Hell, let alone homosexuals, nor am I trying impose my beliefs on anyone here (and please, if I did, find that exact quote on these forums and show me). I simply stated that those who hold different opinions than what appears to be the majority on here, should respect their point of view. However, you chose to stereotype all Christians based on whatever information you've read in the past. So, really you're showing the exact sentiment towards Christians as you accuse them of showing towards gays - hate, discrimination. Pot, meet kettle.

Secondly, my post wasn't even addressed towards you, so you're getting your panties all up in a twist for nothing. :)

So people should respect people that want to limit other peoples rights and force their religion on others? That's like saying you should respect the KKK.

#125 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15435 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Piss off.

There are two distinct nouns in my post that refer to who is being addressed and in what instance. Christians, and You.

Christians I am addressing as a collective, you I am addressing directly. I don't address you at all until the very last of the primary paragraph.

And yes, I am sending hate toward them, but I'm not being hypocritical about it. You're the one saying "all positions should be respected" and then do anything but. I've never claimed to respect all positions, because I don't. I call stupidity where I see it, and the modern Christian movement is full of it.

#126 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79 said:

Piss off.

So people should respect people that want to limit other peoples rights and force their religion on others? That's like saying you should respect the KKK.

Am I forcing my religion on you, burnt toast? Did I come out and say in this forum that "all should accept Jesus Christ as their savior or forever be condemned to Hell"? No, I don't recall doing that. My point was that regardless of what beliefs you hold, others will have different views, so you should at least respect that they feel differently towards certain topics. I think if we can reach that agreement, then debating on this forum will be a lot more constructive for us all and we won't have to resort to name calling and making jokes about religion, etc.

#127 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Piss off.

There are two distinct nouns in my post that refer to who is being addressed and in what instance. Christians, and You.

Christians I am addressing as a collective, you I am addressing directly. I don't address you at all until the very last of the primary paragraph.

And yes, I am sending hate toward them, but I'm not being hypocritical about it. You're the one saying "all positions should be respected" and then do anything but. I've never claimed to respect all positions, because I don't. I call stupidity where I see it, and the modern Christian movement is full of it.

Well at least I know where you stand. Thanks for elaborating.

#128 Posted by deactivated-5b19214ec908b (25072 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79 said:

Piss off.

Am I forcing my religion on you, burnt toast? Did I come out and say in this forum that "all should accept Jesus Christ as their savior or forever be condemned to Hell"? No, I don't recall doing that. My point was that regardless of what beliefs you hold, others will have different views, so you should at least respect that they feel differently towards certain topics. I think if we can reach that agreement, then debating on this forum will be a lot more constructive for us all and we won't have to resort to name calling and making jokes about religion, etc.

You're in a thread about gay marriage and saying that people should respect other peoples opinions. Are you really suggesting that the opinion that people should have less rights because their religion says so is an opinion that should be respected? You are a hypocrite.

#129 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

we won't have to resort to name calling and making jokes about religion, etc.

Now where's the fun in that?

#130 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79 said:

Piss off.

You're in a thread about gay marriage and saying that people should respect other peoples opinions. Are you really suggesting that the opinion that people should have less rights because their religion says so is an opinion that should be respected? You are a hypocrite.

Oh I see. So, because the topic is about gay marriage, I'm not allowed to offer a different (religious) point of view, is that it?

Talking to you about this is pointless. Every topic that you and I participate in never goes anywhere. You and others like you are already set in your ways about how you feel towards Christians that no matter what I say or sources I cite, you'll always have a comeback about how we're "against gay rights" or resort to name calling. It's a shame really, because I'd like to share more of my thoughts on the matter, but there's really no point.

That being said, I'll just go on being a "bigot" and "homophobe" in my fight to shut down gay rights. Because that's what Christians do. :)

#131 Posted by deactivated-5b19214ec908b (25072 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79 said:

Piss off.

Oh I see. So, because the topic is about gay marriage, I'm not allowed to offer a different (religious) point of view, is that it?

Talking to you about this is pointless. Every topic that you and I participate in never goes anywhere. You and others like you are already set in your ways about how you feel towards Christians that no matter what I say or sources I cite, you'll always have a comeback about how we're "against gay rights" or resort to name calling. It's a shame really, because I'd like to share more of my thoughts on the matter, but there's really no point.

That being said, I'll just go on being a "bigot" and "homophobe" in my fight to shut down gay rights. Because that's what Christians do. :)

so you think everyone should respect others views. Yet you oppose freedom of religion?

#132 Edited by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@toast_burner: so you think everyone should respect others views. Yet you oppose freedom of religion?

#133 Posted by deactivated-5b19214ec908b (25072 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner: so you think everyone should respect others views. Yet you oppose freedom of religion?

Yes if you oppose people having equal rights due to your religious beliefs then you oppose freedom of religion. What the hell do you think freedom of religion is? Outside of a theocracy you can't mix religion and politics.

#134 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@jasean79 said:

Piss off.

You're allowed to hold that opinion and express it. Just don't expect it to automatically be respected.

#135 Posted by TheFlush (5917 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

@TheFlush said:

@hippiesanta said:

@TheFlush said:

* WHERE IS MOMMY??

really? *facepalm*

your "faceplam" is only for your own convenience ..... but do you know what's inside the feeling of a child with gay parents? They don't want to spend their time explaining about their different life to other kids who are naturally wont understand it.

I believe the child wont have any problem explaining when he/she turn into adult ..... but their childhood won't be like other common children.

Your first post is so ridiculous, it doesn't even deserve my rebuttal. That would be a waste of energy.
Please read your post again and try to figure out why your post is so ridiculous yourself. Good luck.

#136 Edited by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

hippiesanta is a loon/weirdo whose posts are never coherent. I wouldn't bother responding to him.

#137 Posted by TheFlush (5917 posts) -

@GreySeal9 said:

hippiesanta is a loon/weirdo whose posts are never coherent. I wouldn't bother responding to him.

I wasn't going to, but thanks for the tip anyway ;-)

#138 Posted by schu (9880 posts) -

@christiangmr14 said:

@popeanonymousxv said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@christiangmr14 said:

Stop with the fallacious hyperbole....I don't hate gay people. They are not bad people (well some of them can be, but not all), I have said nothing homophobic or hateful in anyway. Disagreeing is not hate. So much intolerance from people who like to pretend to be tolerant.

Really you guys are the hateful one's here. You are basically a Christianphobe. That's a real bigot and I don't converse with bigots. Goodbye.

You sir are the bigot. I hope there is a god so that when you die you can find out that you are an intolerant child who can't recognize it.

#139 Posted by Sword-Demon (7007 posts) -

@christiangmr14 said:

There is no such thing as a "gay" Christian, they turn away from that lifestyle after they accept Jesus. Just like one cannot be a "prostitute" Christian, or a "Christian Thief".

@christiangmr14 said:

I'm a sinner too in my own way, whether it be fornication, lying, theft, using God's name in vain etc...

So you're not a christian?

#140 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Sword-Demon said:

@christiangmr14 said:

There is no such thing as a "gay" Christian, they turn away from that lifestyle after they accept Jesus. Just like one cannot be a "prostitute" Christian, or a "Christian Thief".

@christiangmr14 said:

I'm a sinner too in my own way, whether it be fornication, lying, theft, using God's name in vain etc...

So you're not a christian?

#141 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

@GreySeal9 said:

Dont bother to respond .... I didn't ask you .... who are you ... you are nothing ... just an insecurity gestapo ... who cares ...

#142 Posted by blackbetty1974 (115 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: No. How can you not see that you people are, for lack of a better word "bullies". This gentleman comported himself with tact, and was respectful. Never once was he insulting and rude. It took a hell of alot more courage for him to step in here knowing that a pack of jackals awaited him. You came off as a bunch of hipster, douchebag, elitist, bullies. I hope that one day you'll grow up, and have the character to be ashamed of yourselves.

#143 Posted by deactivated-5b19214ec908b (25072 posts) -

@blackbetty1974 said:

@br0kenrabbit: No. How can you not see that you people are, for lack of a better word "bullies". This gentleman comported himself with tact, and was respectful. Never once was he insulting and rude. It took a hell of alot more courage for him to step in here knowing that a pack of jackals awaited him. You came off as a bunch of hipster, douchebag, elitist, bullies. I hope that one day you'll grow up, and have the character to be ashamed of yourselves.

Standing up against homophobia is bullying?

#144 Edited by hydralisk86 (8818 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu-: I think when Judas kissed jesus, it was to identify to the people arresting Jesus that that was the guy they were looking for. Also, if i'm correct, people in the Middle East, and possibly even now, kiss when they greet each other. I doubt the kiss was somehow homosexual.

#145 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@blackbetty1974 said:

LMAO! You're unbelievable.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
#146 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (790 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@blackbetty1974 said:

There's no point talking with these libs about politics, religion or gay rights. They're the majority on here so you can't win. Why even entertain them?

#147 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@blackbetty1974 said:

There's no point talking with these libs about politics, religion or gay rights. They're the majority on here so you can't win. Why even entertain them?

Werd.

#148 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (9837 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@blackbetty1974 said:

Well this is cute. Two bigots playing the victim card and patting each other on the back.

#149 Posted by blackbetty1974 (115 posts) -
@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@blackbetty1974 said:

Of course, you're right. I equate it with trying to discuss economics with a chihuahua. At the end of the day, they just can't understand the concept. So all they're going to do is yip and bark until you just turn around and leave. Though, I find that if your willing to give them a handout, they'll roll over and adore you.

#150 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@Master_Live: I feel sorry for you, living in such an ignorant world where you can't be happy for people being able to marry. Let people get the same rights as everyone else. What they do in the bedroom does not affect you in any kind of way now does it?