Windows Phone 7 + Gmail...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I need someone who knows a SHEET LOAD of both Windows Phone7 and Gmail....

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts

FelipeInside
What do you want to know?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

NiKva

Thanks for responding. - With my iPhone...when a mail came through (Gmail), I would open it and read it etc....then DELETE it. - When I got home, I would open my Outlook 2010 (I have Gmail account set up on Outlook for POP delivery) and it would download my emails but obviously not the ones I deleted on my phone - With WP7, I delete the email.... but when I get home, Outlook downloads it anyway. Any ideas?
Gamerguy1008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamerguy1008
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
Checked Settings ?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Checked Settings ?Gamerguy1008
Yep... added Google with the built in Google Account, as a normal Email Account....even as an Exchange Account
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
No other ideas?
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts
[QUOTE="NiKva"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

Thanks for responding. - With my iPhone...when a mail came through (Gmail), I would open it and read it etc....then DELETE it. - When I got home, I would open my Outlook 2010 (I have Gmail account set up on Outlook for POP delivery) and it would download my emails but obviously not the ones I deleted on my phone - With WP7, I delete the email.... but when I get home, Outlook downloads it anyway. Any ideas?

Don't use POP, use IMAP (on both your phone and outlook). It keeps everything synced correctly. Your iphone was set up as IMAP, so when you deleted emails on your phone, it would delete them off gmail's servers (or archive them or something). With WP7, it is most likely pop (but I am not 100% sure), so it downloads a copy of the email and you only delete it from your phone not the gmail servers so it also downloads to outlook.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Jacobistheman"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="NiKva"] What do you want to know?

Don't use POP, use IMAP (on both your phone and outlook). It keeps everything synced correctly. Your iphone was set up as IMAP, so when you deleted emails on your phone, it would delete them off gmail's servers (or archive them or something). With WP7, it is most likely pop (but I am not 100% sure), so it downloads a copy of the email and you only delete it from your phone not the gmail servers so it also downloads to outlook.

I understand ur post but if the phone is using IMAP, then the email should be gone from the server correct? Then why is Outlook still downloading it if it's gone from the Gmail Servers? This is very weird...cause I have POP on Outlook (IMAP is useless with Outlook 2010, too slow) and with my iPhone it never used to download the deleted emails. It has to do with the WP7....
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I have a WP7(.5) and a Gmail account synced to it, so I can tell you it's definitely a thing that can happen and not just have "copies" on the phone. Though I use Gmail.com, not Outlook, so that might be an issue, too.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
I have a WP7(.5) and a Gmail account synced to it, so I can tell you it's definitely a thing that can happen and not just have "copies" on the phone. Though I use Gmail.com, not Outlook, so that might be an issue, too.bluezy
Yes... when I delete from the phone it actually puts the email into DELETED ITEMS on Gmail.com.... but Outlook still downloads it as if it was in INBOX on Gmail.com
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bluezy
[QUOTE="bluezy"]I have a WP7(.5) and a Gmail account synced to it, so I can tell you it's definitely a thing that can happen and not just have "copies" on the phone. Though I use Gmail.com, not Outlook, so that might be an issue, too.FelipeInside
Yes... when I delete from the phone it actually puts the email into DELETED ITEMS on Gmail.com.... but Outlook still downloads it as if it was in INBOX on Gmail.com

Well I'm biased because it works perfectly for me, so I'd say it's Outlook.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="bluezy"]I have a WP7(.5) and a Gmail account synced to it, so I can tell you it's definitely a thing that can happen and not just have "copies" on the phone. Though I use Gmail.com, not Outlook, so that might be an issue, too.bluezy

It works perfectly for you but you don't use Outlook remember. And I'm sure it's not Outlook cause I haven't touched it... only changed from iPhone to WP7
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bluezy
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Yes... when I delete from the phone it actually puts the email into DELETED ITEMS on Gmail.com.... but Outlook still downloads it as if it was in INBOX on Gmail.com

It works perfectly for you but you don't use Outlook remember. And I'm sure it's not Outlook cause I haven't touched it... only changed from iPhone to WP7

Yeah, that's odd that it would do that, then. I only came to that conclusion because I've got a WP and it moves my deleted messages to my trash folder in Gmail, similar to what you're looking for it to do, but without Outlook in the equation. I wonder if it would work that way for you if you tried going without Outlook for a few days. You'd think WP and Outlook would sync up a bit better with that stuff.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="bluezy"] Well I'm biased because it works perfectly for me, so I'd say it's Outlook.

Yeah, that's odd that it would do that, then. I only came to that conclusion because I've got a WP and it moves my deleted messages to my trash folder in Gmail, similar to what you're looking for it to do, but without Outlook in the equation. I wonder if it would work that way for you if you tried going without Outlook for a few days. You'd think WP and Outlook would sync up a bit better with that stuff.

Yeah it's doing my head in and can't fix it.... I think it has to do with GMAIL Labels and how WP7 uses them differently from iPhone... It's a pain though cause I have to delete emails TWICE.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bluezy
Or just not use Outlook. :P
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

Or just not use Outlook. :Pbluezy

Hhahahaha, lol... Nah man, love my Outlook.

I use it for emails but also for calendar appointments....I even colour code my emails as TASKS.... etc

Just annoys me that it worked perfectly on the iPhone

IceAxe18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IceAxe18
Member since 2003 • 622 Posts

Delete is to permanently remove the email. If you archive your email on your phone it will save it or thats what happens on my Droid X.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

Delete is to permanently remove the email. If you archive your email on your phone it will save it or thats what happens on my Droid X.

IceAxe18
Yeah, but I'm pressing DELETE on the WP7...it doesn't have an ARCHIVE option... :(
RichEdmonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 RichEdmonds
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

When you delete emails within WP7 it has a different folder setup to Gmail, which is why you may see a new deleted items folder as such. I remember the days of Kerio and Thunderbird wher eit would create new folders for sent, junk and trash. As for Outlook downloading deleted mail on the Gmail account, is it putting them back in the inbox folder across all clients (including web mail) or is it literally Outlook acting on its own?

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Hmm...not sure what to tell you. Do you resync after deleting the E-mail? I use Gmail on Outlook and Gmail on my Windows Phone, and I don't have this problem.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
Just like regular Windows, when you delete something you still have to empty the trash bin.:P Dump the trash folder after deletion, that should clear it up.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

When you delete emails within WP7 it has a different folder setup to Gmail, which is why you may see a new deleted items folder as such. I remember the days of Kerio and Thunderbird wher eit would create new folders for sent, junk and trash. As for Outlook downloading deleted mail on the Gmail account, is it putting them back in the inbox folder across all clients (including web mail) or is it literally Outlook acting on its own?

RichEdmonds
I think u are correct as in WP7 uses it's own folders and not the ones on Gmail.com. When Outlook downloads it comes into the Outlook Inbox (disappears from Gmail.com deleted items and goes to All Mail)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside
I suppose check your gmail.com after you delete email from WinPh7. If it is fine, then, something is up with your setup between gmail.com and outlook. Can't really help you much, I am using Hotmail myself and I use the free WL Essential - Mail instead outlook.magicalclick
Emails I delete on the WP7 go to a "Deleted Items" Folder on Gmail.com (NOT Trash)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

Hmm...not sure what to tell you. Do you resync after deleting the E-mail? I use Gmail on Outlook and Gmail on my Windows Phone, and I don't have this problem.

Palantas
Yep, I re-sync and still same thing. I've even tried moving the deleted email to DELETED ITEMS instead of pressing Delete.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]Just like regular Windows, when you delete something you still have to empty the trash bin.:P Dump the trash folder after deletion, that should clear it up.

There is no trash folder on WP7....only the deleted items folder.