Will you be watching the Spider-Man and Avatar re-release?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 39005 Posts

Meh, have already seen the original release. Not motivated to go again. What about you, OT?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 54650 Posts

lol no. I mean, if you want to, no knock against you that's fun and all.

But theaters are going a little bonkers right now given how they are struggling and (I would guess) people have become used to not going due to COVID. COVID is still a big deal, mind you, not really over it.

I've seen the movies before. Going to a theater isn't a big deal to me. No need to go again.

Avatar in IMAX is pretty dope, though.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2048 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

lol no. I mean, if you want to, no knock against you that's fun and all.

But theaters are going a little bonkers right now given how they are struggling and (I would guess) people have become used to not going due to COVID. COVID is still a big deal, mind you, not really over it.

I've seen the movies before. Going to a theater isn't a big deal to me. No need to go again.

Avatar in IMAX is pretty dope, though.

The Covid point is interesting. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, the lockdowns and restrictions forced me to re-evaluate my pastimes. I wasn't watching more films or playing more games a couple of months in; if anything, I came to resent those activities, for stealing away the time I could have invested in my own life.

Now I'm alright with gaming again, in theory, but it's never going to be the same as it was. Watching films, though, has gone from sitting pretty low on the list of stuff I want to spend time on, to being kind of actually repulsive and depressing. It's weird because I'd imagined the result would be the exact opposite.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 489 Posts

I personally don't care much for movies. I'll go to the theaters every now and again, but that's few and far between. I don't see why anyone would want to see Spider-Man again, it's too soon. Avatar I can see doing well, especially since the sequel has a trailer.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1634 Posts

I haven't been to a theater in over 2 years. I might be done with them all together.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 39005 Posts

@heathen75 said:

I haven't been to a theater in over 2 years. I might be done with them all together.

Dang, why?

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1634 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: So many reasons. For the price of two tickets I can own the movie. Most come to streaming within 2 months anyway. Don't have to deal with stupid people talking, walking back and forth in front of me or worst of all, bringing a damn baby to the movie. I saw Face Off back in the day and someone brought their baby. The movie is 90 minutes of nothing but gunfights. I can also BBQ or order some food and enjoy a good meal when I watch a movie now. Don't miss the theater at all.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 palasta
Member since 2017 • 935 Posts

They remaster movies now? Genius...

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16814 Posts

I think I'm good with both. Didn't really care for--or even remember anything about--Avatar the first time around, and some extra scenes for No Way Home isn't enough for me to head into a theater.