Will not playing sports in highschool make me a failure?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggerdjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 biggerdjam
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

sure seems like it. I mean i played basketball 1 year in 8th grade and i didnt like it. I ran track in 7th-didnt like it. And i didnt play my freshmen year for basketball even tho everyone on the team said i should play this year(im a softmore). I am 6ft1 vietnamese and the coach said i have good vertical(I can grab the rim with 2 hands and NEARLY dunk) i have speed and stamina and i can run which all that matters to him becuase he said all i have to do is have to have good defence and run up/down the court and rebound. And the alot the the basketball team wants me to play Jr varsity becuase i fruquently cross people becuase i have decent handles and the jv team needs more people(small school).

But heres the deal i REALLY dont want to play ball and feel sports isnt my thing even tho i AM athletic. My friends on the team are saying that im going to regret playing when i get older and that all i want to do is sit home and play video games(Halo 4 in particular lol) all day(which is partially true)

Will i regret not playing sports in HS when i get older and make me a failure right now for not really wanting to play?

Im thinking about killing myself becuase of all this bullying the team is giving me and i might post a youtube video or tweet before i kill myself

^JK lmao!

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts
I stopped after I'm a "softmore"
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
0/10
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
0/10JML897
op prefers the company of gentlemen.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
2/10 would not read again
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

It's not necessarily going to make you a failure. If you can realistically make the team, then go for it, obviously.

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

sure seems like it. I mean i played basketball 1 year in 8th grade and i didnt like it. I ran track in 7th-didnt like it. And i didnt play my freshmen year for basketball even tho everyone on the team said i should play this year(im a softmore). I am 6ft1 vietnamese and the coach said i have good vertical(I can grab the rim with 2 hands and NEARLY dunk) i have speed and stamina and i can run which all that matters to him becuase he said all i have to do is have to have good defence and run up/down the court and rebound. And the alot the the basketball team wants me to play Jr varsity becuase i fruquently cross people becuase i have decent handles and the jv team needs more people(small school).

But heres the deal i REALLY dont want to play ball and feel sports isnt my thing even tho i AM athletic. My friends on the team are saying that im going to regret playing when i get older and that all i want to do is sit home and play video games(Halo 4 in particular lol) all day(which is partially true)

Will i regret not playing sports in HS when i get older and make me a failure right now for not really wanting to play?

Im thinking about killing myself becuase of all this bullying the team is giving me and i might post a youtube video or tweet before i kill myself

^JK lmao!

biggerdjam

9/10, I actually thought it was a good and funny post. That last line got me lol.

And, not at all man. Not wanting to go down a particular road and down another is by no means a failure. Success is found within what you enjoy, don't forget that. Do what you want to, don't live for others. You don't have to be or do anything because you should, do what gives you joy and what you want your life to be.

biggerdjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 biggerdjam
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

[QUOTE="biggerdjam"]

^JK lmao!

undergroundLPx

9/10, I actually thought it was a good and funny post. That last line got me lol.

And, not at all man. Not wanting to go down a particular road and down another is by no means a failure. Success is found within what you enjoy, don't forget that. Do what you want to, don't live for others. You don't have to be or do anything because you should, do what gives you joy and what you want your life to be.

thanks i'll take your advise
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
No, but the scholarships you could've had (if you were good) they would've helped you out with college costs if you were willing to stay up to date with the practices and travel at that level.
quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
From my personal experience, yes, I do have regrets relating to sports. I didn't get to play as much as a younger kid and once I got to a point where I could play at school (junior high and high school) I didn't take full advantage of it. I played football my freshman year and didn't really apply myself. I liked playing pickup football, but didn't like playing for a team because I had to do things I didn't want to. I did really enjoy the off-season which got me lifting weights and exercising much more. The next year I started tennis and played for the rest of high school. It was fun playing and getting to hang out with friends and meet girls at the tournaments. If you're questioning it now, it may be something that bothers you in the future.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
0/10JML897
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Lol sports. Success is measured by one's ability to excel in any particular field and generate a strong amount of income and/or enjoyment from it. If you don't want to play sports, then why are you forcing yourself to?
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
If I had the physique in HS I would have played a sport. In HS playing sports gets you laid, playing video games does not.
edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

"softmore"? You said you're Vietnamese, so I hope English is a 2nd language. To answer your question, not playing sports in high school means nothing for your future. I didn't play sports in high school and now I'm an architect. Apply yourself and things will work out completely regardless of high school.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts
Bro, your a huge failure just play Halo 4 all day everyday while you still can and eat Jell-O. Trust me, you'll thank me later. ;)
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I ALMOST wrote a sympathetic response. Then I saw the "Jk lol" and got mad.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Not something to joke about.......
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
I stopped after I'm a "softmore"0Hamburgher
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

I stopped reading after the fifth spelling error.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
if you're not playing sports in high school whats the point of even going to high school? you might as well drop out and stay a virgin forever.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

soulless4now
He just wants some good advise :(
Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
if you're not playing sports in high school whats the point of even going to high school? you might as well drop out and stay a virgin forever.mems_1224
he can always sell his virginity on craigslist...but playing sports in high school....that's a once in a lifetime experience.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
[QUOTE="soulless4now"]

chaoscougar1
He just wants some good advise :(

But it hurts my eyes too much. :(
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

I played football, hockey and lacrosse.

No. Studying is far more important.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

KC_Hokie
You are a prime example of that.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

dave123321
You are a prime example of this.

lol...I had a 3.8 GPA in high school. Nearly perfect ACTs.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

KC_Hokie
You are a prime example of this.

lol...I had a 3.8 GPA in high school. Nearly perfect ACTs.

I had a full scholarship for college.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
ok
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KC_Hokie
okdave123321
I don't claim to be he-man but I have a genuine record.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]2/10 would not read again

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points