Will Africa, south/southeast Asia, and the Middle East be a lot better by 2050?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

yes i know hokie, its pretty hard to find those articles. 

try looking in the aether 

BossPerson
No..it's extremely easy to find Christians fleeing due to being targeted articles.
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Probably not

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Christians have been beheaded, raped, etc. in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Syria. And they're getting the hell out of those places too.KC_Hokie

cite some news stories.

Syria rebels 'beheaded a Christian and fed him to the dogs' as fears grow over Islamist atrocities

Egypts Christian Winter

Man Beheaded by Tunisian Muslims for Converting to Christianity

Tunisia and the Clash Within Civilizations

Syria: Christians fleeing country as crisis reaches "unprecedented levels of horror" 

Amid Instability In Egypt, Coptic Christians Flee To U.S.

Armenia tries to help as Christian Armenians flee Syria

Syrian and Coptic Christians fleeing to Moscow, but Russia lacks shelters

Coptic Christians Fleeing Egypt as Islamic Extremism Rises

Egypt's Coptic Christians fleeing country after Islamist takeover

Muslim Brotherhood and the killing and persecution of Christians in Egypt

Muslims behead Christian convert in Tunisia

Two Christians killed in Libya bomb blast

Christians targeted in Iraq attacks

A powerful bomb devastated a Christian neighborhood of this capital city of Lebanon

the bomb blast in beirut has nothing to do with attacking christians, it was political, and he was Sunni. 

As for the stories in Syria, they dont really count since there is an all out civil war going on. The man beheaded in Tunisia was a islamic convert (still barbaric, but not exactly the same as storming a christian house and killing everyone there. As for Iraq, I already mentioned thats a problem. 

As for all the stories about christians fleeing, that doesnt mean there have been rampant beheadings and rapes as you suggested. 

And as for Armenians fleeing Syria, that doesnt suggest theyre being targeted by rebels, it just means they want to get out of the way of incoming missiles. 

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BossPerson
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

KC_Hokie
No..it's extremely easy to find Christians fleeing due to being targeted articles.

i asked you to find me stories of christians being raped and beheaded, not fleeing.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]cite some news stories. BossPerson

Syria rebels 'beheaded a Christian and fed him to the dogs' as fears grow over Islamist atrocities

Egypts Christian Winter

Man Beheaded by Tunisian Muslims for Converting to Christianity

Tunisia and the Clash Within Civilizations

Syria: Christians fleeing country as crisis reaches "unprecedented levels of horror" 

Amid Instability In Egypt, Coptic Christians Flee To U.S.

Armenia tries to help as Christian Armenians flee Syria

Syrian and Coptic Christians fleeing to Moscow, but Russia lacks shelters

Coptic Christians Fleeing Egypt as Islamic Extremism Rises

Egypt's Coptic Christians fleeing country after Islamist takeover

Muslim Brotherhood and the killing and persecution of Christians in Egypt

Muslims behead Christian convert in Tunisia

Two Christians killed in Libya bomb blast

Christians targeted in Iraq attacks

A powerful bomb devastated a Christian neighborhood of this capital city of Lebanon

the bomb blast in beirut has nothing to do with attacking christians, it was political, and he was Sunni. 

As for the stories in Syria, they dont really count since there is an all out civil war going on. The man beheaded in Tunisia was a islamic convert (still barbaric, but not exactly the same as storming a christian house and killing everyone there. As for Iraq, I already mentioned thats a problem. 

As for all the stories about christians fleeing, that doesnt mean there have been rampant beheadings and rapes as you suggested. 

And as for Armenians fleeing Syria, that doesnt suggest theyre being targeted by rebels, it just means they want to get out of the way of incoming missiles. 

You can create excuses all you want. Fact is Christians are fleeing that part of the world left and right because they are being targeted as part of the arab 'spring'. And those countries are all becoming less diverse and more sectarian.

The area is getting worse not better.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]

BossPerson

i asked you to find me stories of christians being raped and beheaded, not fleeing.

They're fleeing because of being targeted which has included dismemberment, beheading and rape. If you actually attempted to read some of the articles I posted you would have read that.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 KC_Hokie

SHOW ME THE MOTHERFVCKING RAPE AND BEHEADINGS! THATS WHAT YOU FVCKING SAID IS GOING ON! 

holy christ on the fvcking cross  

BossPerson

Read the articles. Christians are being targeted, killed, dismembered, etc. and that's why they are leaving. Not because they all of sudden decided it was good time to move.

What is your explanation for why there is a mass exodus of Christians from that area over the last two years then?

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

SHOW ME THE MOTHERFVCKING RAPE AND BEHEADINGS! THATS WHAT YOU FVCKING SAID IS GOING ON! 

KC_Hokie

Read the articles. Christians are being targeted, killed, dismembered, etc. and that's why they are leaving. Not because they all of sudden decided it was good time to move.

What is your explanation for why there is a mass exodus of Christians from that area over the last two years then?

because they know its going to get worse for them a la persecution. Not because there has been a rampage of barbaric attacks on them as you suggested.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

My wife is from the Philippines. Hopefully, that place will improve. I'm not fond of living in the tropics. But, it's an option I considered if hard times befell us here in the US. My wife owns a logging business (along with substantial forest property) there. We'd have a place to live plus Guam isn't too far away to visit if I start to miss US life. 

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

BossPerson

because they know its going to get worse for them a la persecution. Not because there has been a rampage of barbaric attacks on them as you suggested.

That doesn't make sense. Why would people living there for over 1,000 years all of a sudden in multiple countries DECIDE things MIGHT get worse?

Things already have and they've been targeted and killed.

Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Marth6781
Member since 2007 • 2564 Posts
Europe has to pick up the slack it helped create. But the countries with vast material resources are already on the come up, Nigeria, India, egypt, etc.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

where is gaza ali? :|

Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts

TC, I'd suggest you don't generalize and make ignorant assertions about entire regions. The Middle East is not living in 700 A.D., and, excluding Saudi Arabia and Iran, women aren't oppressed.  That's an incredibly ludicrous assumption. Many regions in the Middle East are rather developed and don't have issues with "radical Islam" :roll:. 

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BossPerson

TC, I'd suggest you don't generalize and make ignorant assertions about entire regions. The Middle East is not living in 700 A.D., and, excluding Saudi Arabia and Iran, women aren't oppressed.  That's an incredibly ludicrous assumption. Many regions in the Middle East are rather developed and don't have issues with "radical Islam" :roll:. 

Nayef_shroof
lol lets relax. There is still huge oppression of women in most areas. Even among families, daughters are still treated as less than sons.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

BossPerson
lol lets relax. There is still huge oppression of women in most areas. Even among families, daughters are still treated as less than sons.

True enough, but the lines get more blurry between treatment of women in the Middle East and treatment of women everywhere else. Since it is deplorable everywhere I have a hard time feeling like I have the high ground in judging other countries (excepting the theocracies).
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

BossPerson

Googling female overseas workers abuses brings out a lot of em.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jun_aka_pekto

YouTube too:

Abusing Workers in Dubai

Saudi Arabia employers 'hammer nails' into Sri Lankan maid

Beheading of an indonesian maid

Indonesian Maids Suffer Violent Abuse In Saudi Arabia

Disgusting Lebanese- Abuse of a Domestic Worker in Beirut

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BossPerson

YouTube too:

Abusing Workers in Dubai

jun_aka_pekto
thats just general racism more than anything. Foreign workers are treated like crap all over the middle east.
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

As long as the west is in power no it wont. We only live the way we do but stepping on the toes of poor nations. China is investing huge into africa maybe there is hope for them.

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#71 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
if the US could keep it's greasy hand off it, maybe they will have a chance!
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

africa - maybe. There are alot of people making the right moves and some countries are developing significantly. at the same time though, aids, religion and stupid social habits are reeking havoc.

Middle east - no. I honestly think alot of the issue stems from religion and I don't see that going anywhere. They rely on natural resources too heavily which will be mainly gone by then. They are treating women like crap and keeping them uneducated, that's gonna bite them in the @ss.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MakeMeaSammitch

Nayef_shroof

being serious for a sec.

I'm seeing a trend among muslims. Not all are guilty of this, but enough do it to be noteworthy.

Denying problems with their culture and blaming others rather than seek solutions.

Shroof would be an excellent example. denying that women aren't treated like crap in afghanastan where girls fear to go to school in light of having acid thrown in their faces.

Is this a major reason the middle east is so backwards? Something in the culture discourages self criticism?

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

africa - maybe. There are alot of people making the right moves and some countries are developing significantly. at the same time though, aids, religion and stupid social habits are reeking havoc.

Middle east - no. I honestly think alot of the issue stems from religion and I don't see that going anywhere. They rely on natural resources too heavily which will be mainly gone by then. They are treating women like crap and keeping them uneducated, that's gonna bite them in the @ss.

MakeMeaSammitch
the aids problem could have been dealt with if it weren't for the blockade imposed by the pharmaceutical industry and the US
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

thebest31406

the aids problem could have been dealt with if it weren't for the blockade imposed by the pharmaceutical industry and the US

I could have been delt with if not for the catholic church and the spread of rumors that raping virgins cures aids, or that aids are in the condom.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

YouTube too:

Abusing Workers in Dubai

BossPerson

thats just general racism more than anything. Foreign workers are treated like crap all over the middle east.

Which is also very bad and discourages other countries to come to their aide.

It doesn't make it any better when you say "don't worry they're not killing christians only humanitarian and low level workers over skin color and nationality."

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

MakeMeaSammitch

I could have been delt with if not for the catholic church and the spread of rumors that raping virgins cures aids, or that aids are in the condom.

ummm.....eh?
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Those areas of the world seem beyond repair imo unless there was some serious mass extinction event.

Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]

MakeMeaSammitch

being serious for a sec.

I'm seeing a trend among muslims. Not all are guilty of this, but enough do it to be noteworthy.

Denying problems with their culture and blaming others rather than seek solutions.

Shroof would be an excellent example. denying that women aren't treated like crap in afghanastan where girls fear to go to school in light of having acid thrown in their faces.

Is this a major reason the middle east is so backwards? Something in the culture discourages self criticism?

Afghanistan isn't generally regarded in the Middle East...
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Africa well never achieve the success of the western world. Africa has too many tangible assets that help stimulate the economy, and they lack a government.

The middle east will remain conservative for the rest of their life span.

I see Mexico and Brazil become potential superpowers in the future.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Don't put SEA with Africa and South Asia please
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#83 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

not a smart question , taking 3 regions which are very different and have different issues

I don't think South Asia suffers from the tribal/religious issues the Middle East does, and the Middle East doesn't suffer from the AIDS epidemic like Africa does.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Sure, as US loses its foothold, in time they will be better.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Their living standards won't be as high as that of Europeans or North Americans by 2050 or even perhaps the end of the century, but the gap is closing at an extremely rapid pace with even the slowest growing of those regions having double the growth of their Western rivals.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Africa and Middle East always gonna sux IMO..
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

Their living standards won't be as high as that of Europeans or North Americans by 2050 or even perhaps the end of the century, but the gap is closing at an extremely rapid pace with even the slowest growing of those regions having double the growth of their Western rivals.

Barbariser
Do you think it's possible for living standard in Europe to continue to rise even with their economic situation?
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Don't put SEA with Africa and South Asia pleaseLonelynight
Well certain countries of SEA can be grouped with Africa/South Asia. Countries such as Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar are far from being in great situations. 

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

Lonelynight

Do you think it's possible for living standard in Europe to continue to rise even with their economic situation?

The European Sovereign Debt Crisis is a temporary situation that definitely won't last for more than a few years, and in the long run the GDP per capita almost alwyays rises, so yes Europe in 2050 will be better off than Europe today.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

Better how.

Become more like the west?

I think the west and east will pretty much merge and move towards each other culturally, to some kind of center.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Allthishate
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts

Get rid of isreal and half this **** will be solved.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BossPerson

Allthishate
i've heard you say some dumb things before, but this takes the cake
Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Allthishate
[QUOTE="Allthishate"]

BossPerson

i know right half of the stuff said on OT is any better.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="Allthishate"]

Allthishate

saying youre only as stupid the bottom half of OT doesn't make you smart. that said, I wouldn't say half, Id put you somerhere at the bottom, though whether youre like that because youre not smart or simply a nut.....well , I will let you answer that one
Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Allthishate
[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]i've heard you say some dumb things before, but this takes the cake Darkman2007

saying youre only as stupid the bottom half of OT doesn't make you smart. that said, I wouldn't say half, Id put you somerhere at the bottom, though whether youre like that because youre not smart or simply a nut.....well , I will let you answer that one

Bait sinked and hooked. you responded faster then anticipated. are u in the bunkers again cuz fireworks ? intresting u didnt respond to that IDF sniper picture thread so much for not targeting civilians :S:S
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Allthishate"] i know right half of the stuff said on OT is any better.

Bait sinked and hooked. you responded faster then anticipated. are u in the bunkers again cuz fireworks ? intresting u didnt respond to that IDF sniper picture thread so much for not targeting civilians :S:S

actually I did, go ahead and read it if you want (lying about Jews is not smart, try not to do it often)
Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Allthishate
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] saying youre only as stupid the bottom half of OT doesn't make you smart. that said, I wouldn't say half, Id put you somerhere at the bottom, though whether youre like that because youre not smart or simply a nut.....well , I will let you answer that one

actually I did, go ahead and read it if you want (lying about Jews is not smart, try not to do it often)

What will u do steal more of our tax dollars rofl ...
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Allthishate"] Bait sinked and hooked. you responded faster then anticipated. are u in the bunkers again cuz fireworks ? intresting u didnt respond to that IDF sniper picture thread so much for not targeting civilians :S:S

no , I will use my evil agents across the US (you know , the ones who rule you) to find you and make you disappear for a long, long time :P again , just because youre upset at us Jews doesn't make you right, it makes you stupid.
Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Allthishate
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] actually I did, go ahead and read it if you want (lying about Jews is not smart, try not to do it often)

no , I will use my evil agents across the US (you know , the ones who rule you) to find you and make you disappear for a long, long time :P again , just because youre upset at us Jews doesn't make you right, it makes you stupid.

na upset at Israel learn the diff thanks.