Here are some facts OT:
- Studies show that married men are more likely to live longer but in 2009, a study showed that the average engagement ring cost $5,487.
- Women are more educated and taking in higher incomes today, bringing more economic stability to the marriage.
- You get cheaper insurance for having joint coverage as a married couple.
- Divorce, if contested, can be a very lengthy and costly process, creating significant emotional or financial strain for all involved.
- Getting married opens the door to a potentially wonderful extended family (in-laws) and can boost your status within the local community.
This is my own personal opinion. Only 2 people I personally know that are married are unhappy. Not saying that not getting married will make your life better if you’re already unhappy... but a bad marriage and stress of raising children can significantly decrease your happiness..... especially for women like myself who are expected to work and take care of the children at the same time.
If you’re unhappy, it’s better to not drag other people into your misery and that's all I got to say about it. Considering these facts, should or shouldn't you get married is the question?