Why some of you hate STAR WARS Rouge One But Prefer Force Awakens?

• 61 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#52 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

@vfighter: Glad I made you laugh. Anyway I remember I loved every Star Wars movie when they were 6 movies. Then the internet taught me hate the prequels for few years until I realized how stupid it was.

And now for episode 7 every person that I talked personally hated episode 7 while only internet loved it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I like all the Star Wars movies. Most, if not all, of the printed canon material are based on the movies. The original movies came first and formed the foundation of the (role-playing) source books and reference material.

I can stomach that better than say, Tolkien lore where the books came first and then got butchered by the movies.

Edit:

The newer material like Rogue One are very similar to those undertaken by lesser known Rebel Alliance characters. I mean, Han Solo wasn't the only smuggler in town. There were others like him all over the Star Wars universe. The movie could have used a better cinematographer. But, it fits right in like a correct piece of the puzzle.

The Force Awakens is a bit more of a question mark because of the gap between it and Return of the Jedi. I stopped keeping track after Admiral Thrawn and Mara Jade were introduced in a book. I'm not sure where The Force Awakens fits in even though it was an entertaining movie. It's still Star Wars, after all.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@dorog1995 said:

Both were bad. TFA was just a Political correctness remake of Episode 4 with an angry female protagonist whom had no weakness.

The main problem that all Disney Star Wars material is that they suck at making a good protagonist.(Rebels had that Aladin kid,TFA had Rey and R1 had Jyn Erso. All of them were uninteresting and boring)

@korvus said:

Fanboys spent the last 15+ years complaining that the prequels weren't "like the great OT" so Disney gave them A New Hope 2.0 and they ate that shit up.

Only Internet nerds hated the prequels.

Oh, hi Max Landis! Not getting your fill of horrified reactions to your intentionally edgy remarks in whatever corner of the internet you crawled out from?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Rogue one is almost as bad as Phantom Menace. The blind master is just as bad call as Jar Jar Binks was. He totally spoils the otherwise good movie. I mean seriously, a blind master? How clichee can you get???

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#57 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

I hated Force Awakens, 4/10. Great effects but story was so boring. It was the first Star Wars film with a new coat of paint. Hell, technically a reboot but god I was expecting something completely new. Rouge One was fantastic. Something completely new from the franchise.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Both movies were terrible. TFA I remember because it was so terrible. Rogue One I don't even remember, since it was boring as hell.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

They're both shit, but I will admit Rogue One is slightly more watchable than Ep 7. That's simply because Ep 7 set the bar so low.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts
@vfighter said:

@dorog1995: Only internet nerds hated the prequels? Bwahahahaha, oh dear God I do enjoy a good laugh.

So whats really funny about this is i actually know a dealer of certain street products, the guy has a record a mile long that goes back to when he was like 12... you'd probably want to call him a "thug". The one time i heard him talk about star wars was when his son asked for the prequels, because had bought him the OT. And he told his son they dont exist, that they never made them.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#61 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

There is a group of people on the internet who dislike that OT fans dislike the PT but enjoy the new material, so they have all predetermined how much they hate the new movies. They typically do this through bad evaluations and blaming Disney for shit that has been a part of LF from day one.