Why is it hard for a lot of Muslims in western country's to mix with other races

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts
Why is it hard for a lot of Muslims in western country's to mix with other races? sorry for stereotyping but it seems in county's like America and England they don't mix with others I know there are some that do but it seems to take alot like 3 generations to start to come out into the non Muslim community in some city's there are whole areas for Muslims and I know there is a lot of them but for some reason they find it hard to mix. For example they always seem to be obsessed with trying to keep there child away from other traditions sorry for stereotyping again but alot do try and do that... why are they so ignorant if you live in a western country you got to adapt to there culture as well as keeping your own I heard a story that a girl was murdered for being to westernized?... sorry if you may find this racist I have tried not to make it that way and I have nothing against Muslims or the Muslim community I just want to know why they group together?.... for example the Chinese community that I used to be in other there was all Chinese of course but we did not all go to one schools and we did not shut our self off to the western culture.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
I didn't know Muslim was a race...
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15725 Posts

They come to the West only to look for their communities. It's normal. They remain amoing themselves.

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
Same can be said about Asians...
C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

Because religion.

Islam has very specific requirements... If you ignore them you are in violation of them... Which carries severe punishment given where you are... "Most" Muslims aren't like "most" Chrisitians... They don't have the luxury of picking and choosing which teachings to follow within their religion... It is a religion of all or nothing... Thus most people who identify as Muslim are devout in their beliefs...

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 seahorse123
Same can be said about Asians...pspdseagle
In what way?...
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
I might have to convert to Islam
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]Same can be said about Asians...seahorse123
In what way?...

A lot don't bother to learn English here in Canada. I've been to a mall once and everyone and everything was asian. It was weird:lol: Also a lot seem to only hang out with other Asians. Only. In school there were Asian tables where no one else would go. Just a few things...

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15725 Posts

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="pspdseagle"]Same can be said about Asians...pspdseagle

In what way?...

A lot don't bother to learn English here in Canada. I've been to a mall once and everyone and everything was asian. It was weird:lol: Also a lot seem to only hang out with other Asians. Only. In school there were Asian tables where no one else would go. Just a few things...

Very true.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#13 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Islam is not a race, it is a religion.

I am going to assume you mean Arabs, in which case not all Arabs are Muslim but Islam comes from their culture and language and ethnic group. Arabs in western countries may have a harder time fitting in with other ethnic groups (race does not really exist on a scientific level) because they are a minority, and one that is often portrayed as radical or terrorists. This makes it very hard for them and also it can be dangerous for them too.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 seahorse123

[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="pspdseagle"]Same can be said about Asians...pspdseagle

In what way?...

The table thing there probably the smartest but they don't know alot of english yet I would like to see you go to china and try and learn Mandarin in a few months:) also we don't cut our self off
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#15 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

depends on where. in western Europe i know they are relegated to the ghettos and end up just sticking mostly in their own communities.

in America there are patches of small communities together, like Dearborn Michigan, or in my area the Muslims that stick together just happen to be Muslims because it's the large Somali community in Minnesota. When i was in Houston there was a noticeable Pakistani/Indian Muslim communities. The Arabs - with the exception of Dearborn - whether Christian, Muslim or otherwise tend to live within the greater society in America.

It might help explain to some extent why you don't see nearly as many militant fundementalist Muslims in America as one does notice in Europe.

another thing i'd say is racism. It exists to some degree in the hiring process (i can give my own example as i go by two names Abdullah and Adam) in America, but it is far more pronounced in say France and Belgium. good luck getting a job if your name is Abdul-Aziz when your going up against an equal candidate who'se name is Pierre.

Also it helps that a large portion of the Arab/Muslim community in America is college educated and driven. It's not at the same level as it is in Europe.

the higher educated, the more equal the opportunities, the less you'll see these little enclaves.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Some religions are easily adaptable to cultures. Islam is simply not one of these religions. A religion can either merge in with the culture or the existing culture must merge into the religion. As Islam typically takes the latter approach if one is apart of the existing culture and does not wish to become a part of the Islamic culture then issues ensue. In stating this, I want to make it known that I am not critiquing "Islamic culture" as right or wrong but am merely stating that this particular religion doesn't adapt very easily. As such, for one to enter into the religion from a differing culture it requires more than might be the case for some other religions. Islam seems to grow by way of having large families and less with converting cultures and people (not saying this doesn't happen).
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Military conquests are no longer acceptable as a means of immigration.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

they are a bunch of hypocrite, they came to western countries because their own country looks down on certain things they do, but the migrants themselves tries to enforce some islamic laws on where they live currently.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
I didn't know Muslim was a race...Jebus213
I didn't know I was q different race. Seahorse is onto something here...
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jebus213
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]I didn't know Muslim was a race...DevilMightCry
I didn't know I was q different race. Seahorse is onto something here...

wut?
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Because I can't get attracted to the females when you wear the facial covering and the large dresses. No telling what is under the covers.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]I didn't know Muslim was a race...Jebus213
I didn't know I was a different race. Seahorse is onto something here...

wut?

Self explanatory.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jebus213
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] I didn't know I was a different race. Seahorse is onto something here...

wut?

Self explanatory.

You put "q" instead of "a".
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I don't recall it was like this before 9/11.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I might have to convert to Islam themajormayor
Its a dilemma with that Palestinian girls isn't it :3
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]I might have to convert to Islam GazaAli
Its a dilemma with that Palestinian girls isn't it :3

Probably not actually but if it was I would do it.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 32709 Posts

Lol!My parents use ot do the same thing ot me to.Now they actually trust the people I'm friends with.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 32709 Posts

Because I can't get attracted to the females when you wear the facial covering and the large dresses. No telling what is under the covers.Pittfan666

They can't date you and marry you anyway.:P

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Casey Kassem mix well.... oh wait he's druze
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
I'm not sure what you are referring to. At least I don't see them doing it any more than the rest of us do.
0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts

they are a bunch of hypocrite, they came to western countries because their own country looks down on certain things they do, but the migrants themselves tries to enforce some islamic laws on where they live currently.

punkpunker
What certain things are you talking about?
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
You do realize Muslims isn't a race right? Im black and Hispanic and im Muslim. If you are talking about Arabs then that's another thing. But Muslim isn't a race it's a religion.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area muslims integrate fine.

Maybe where you live needs to stop being so xenophobic. Today I was on BART and black people were talking to white people who were talking to asians who were talking to arabs.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

Where I live muslim people integrate fine. It's eastern asian, though they fit in fine, are very very cliquish.

OB-47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OB-47
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I honestly don't see it happening at all. I actually see this happening more with Koreans in New Zealand

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

depends on where. in western Europe i know they are relegated to the ghettos and end up just sticking mostly in their own communities.

in America there are patches of small communities together, like Dearborn Michigan, or in my area the Muslims that stick together just happen to be Muslims because it's the large Somali community in Minnesota. When i was in Houston there was a noticeable Pakistani/Indian Muslim communities. The Arabs - with the exception of Dearborn - whether Christian, Muslim or otherwise tend to live within the greater society in America.

It might help explain to some extent why you don't see nearly as many militant fundementalist Muslims in America as one does notice in Europe.

another thing i'd say is racism. It exists to some degree in the hiring process (i can give my own example as i go by two names Abdullah and Adam) in America, but it is far more pronounced in say France and Belgium. good luck getting a job if your name is Abdul-Aziz when your going up against an equal candidate who'se name is Pierre.

Also it helps that a large portion of the Arab/Muslim community in America is college educated and driven. It's not at the same level as it is in Europe.

the higher educated, the more equal the opportunities, the less you'll see these little enclaves.

SaudiFury

You send out job applications without using your real name?

You can actually do that?

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaudiFury
TehFuneral
yes. last summer when i was sending out applications i was sending them out for 2 months under my real name Abdullah, out of the 20 or so applications, i had only ONE reply back. ironically with a US military defense firm - Oshkosh Defense. when i switched it up to Adam my nickname, literally within 3 days i got 5 interview calls. so yeah kinda have to in order to get my foot in the door.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TehFuneral

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]SaudiFury
yes. last summer when i was sending out applications i was sending them out for 2 months under my real name Abdullah, out of the 20 or so applications, i had only ONE reply back. ironically with a US military defense firm - Oshkosh Defense. when i switched it up to Adam my nickname, literally within 3 days i got 5 interview calls. so yeah kinda have to in order to get my foot in the door.

This is intresting...

I should find a fancy nickname as well if im to continue studies abroad.

But they'd still know your real name through legal document right?

KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KingKinect
Member since 2012 • 548 Posts

Because I can't get attracted to the females when you wear the facial covering and the large dresses. No telling what is under the covers.Pittfan666

Superman used his x-ray vision and told me they are often smokin' hot. This mixed European/Persian chick supports his claim :)

0DVkM.jpg

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"][QUOTE="TehFuneral"]TehFuneral

This is intresting...

I should change my name to something fancy as well if im to continue studies abroad.

college is different. use your real Arabic name, it'll fly better. it's with getting a job that it's tricky. and yes it's just gaming the system, i didn't 'set the standards' (as someone else seems to accuse me of on another thread) it is what it is. but you do what you need to do to get ahead in life. on legal documents you of course still need to use legal name and info. Any one ask any question, just say it's a nickname that you like to go by.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TehFuneral

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"] yes. last summer when i was sending out applications i was sending them out for 2 months under my real name Abdullah, out of the 20 or so applications, i had only ONE reply back. ironically with a US military defense firm - Oshkosh Defense. when i switched it up to Adam my nickname, literally within 3 days i got 5 interview calls. so yeah kinda have to in order to get my foot in the door. SaudiFury

This is intresting...

I should change my name to something fancy as well if im to continue studies abroad.

college is different. use your real Arabic name, it'll fly better. it's with getting a job that it's tricky. and yes it's just gaming the system, i didn't 'set the standards' (as someone else seems to accuse me of on another thread) it is what it is. but you do what you need to do to get ahead in life. on legal documents you of course still need to use legal name and info. Any one ask any question, just say it's a nickname that you like to go by.

My real name is hard to pronounce for Non Arabic speakers, its exactly the one you mentioned in your previous example. Friends call me by nicknames and in almost all formal situations with foreigners my family name, which is much more convenient to pronounce, is used.

But I've had little insight on how its viewed when im away from home, thanks for the heads up.

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

This might have something to do with it - over 500 good reasons not to integrate.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 seahorse123

This might have something to do with it - over 500 good reasons not to integrate.

RationalAtheist
And people say it promotes peace... it's the most violent religion on the face of the earth... no offense to people who are Muslims I wish there was no religion then people would not die
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

Depends really. Arabs here are notorious for never leaving their communities and keeping to themselves. Which makes it hard for them to integrete in the system and learning the language properly. Even the children that learn Danish in school have bad Danish, since as soon as they come back home the only language that is spoken is Arabic and they hardly have Danish friends.

Naturally, not all Arabs are like that (know a few personally that speak well Danish and have good jobs). Turks seemed to have integrated better in Denmark, while still keeping close to their culture.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

Depends really. Arabs here are notorious for never leaving their communities and keeping to themselves. Which makes it hard for them to integrete in the system and learning the language properly. Even the children that learn Danish in school have bad Danish, since as soon as they come back home the only language that is spoken is Arabic and they hardly have Danish friends.

Naturally, not all Arabs are like that (know a few personally that speak well Danish and have good jobs). Turks seemed to have integrated better in Denmark, while still keeping close to their culture.

m25105

Yea, TC thinks Islam is a race, which shows where this thread went wrong in the first place. It's kinda funny, for Arabs I mean, they are extremely hated back home, although I can only speak for Gulf Arabs. I hate them too, I wish Westerns would just kill them or beat the sh!t out of them or something since they hate them so much.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 174315 Posts
Most new immigrants tend to live in areas with other immigrants of similar background. Eventually over time their children etc will become westernized and mix more with the population of the country.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I live in Michigan and we have a fairly big muslim community. Doesn't seem like they have had any problem integrating into society. To generalize, they seem to be fairly moderate compared to muslims from other nations.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="RationalAtheist"]

seahorse123
And people say it promotes peace... it's the most violent religion on the face of the earth... no offense to people who are Muslims I wish there was no religion then people would not die

People will always die and conflict will always happen religion or not. Get used to it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]Same can be said about Asians...seahorse123
In what way?...

Well a large portion of Muslims in England are Asian, we get a lot of immigrants from countries like Pakistan.

New Malden is also one of the most densely populated area of Koreans outside of Korea.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="seahorse123"][QUOTE="RationalAtheist"]

shadowkiller11

People will always die and conflict will always happen religion or not. Get used to it.

It's surprising that seahorse isn't aware of that, having been living in China and all.