Why is everyone constantly on about Donald Trump on Gamespot?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Liberals are sore losers that can't handle defeat. @GreySeal9 still hasn't been seen since Trump won.

You sure he doesn't have an Alt? I mean, that's what I would do if I want to sneak back in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#52 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Absurd looking conman, says crazy things, is the president. Not that hard to see why he drums up discussion, albeit at the level of discourse typically reserved for monkeys throwing their shit, but hey.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#54  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts
@madrocketeer said:
@mattbbpl said:

You've just gotta wait. Today was an inauguration, this happens every election cycle. Come back in two days and the number of threads on the subject will be halved.

Yeah, we'll see. Any hint of optimism left that wasn't already beaten out of me by my childhood in rural southern England hopes you're right. But, you know, I predicted Brexit over a decade ago, and I highly doubt a guy who has literally been compared to Hitler, and who once bizarrely rolled out a pile of raw steaks to a press conference after one of his primary wins is going to stop being talked about in just two days.

Forty-eight hours later…

Six Trump/American politics threads sprung up since I made the post above. One of them asked whether Trump’s son is autistic, while another made fun of his Press Secretary, and there is still a lot of trolling, whinging, name-calling and mocking people. Still, the standard of the discussions probably improved by about 5%; I saw one promisingly substantive discussion chain.

No worries, I knew what you really meant. Still, I feel like I should have made some kind of bet with you, because now I would be asking you to pay up.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@madrocketeer said:
@madrocketeer said:
@mattbbpl said:

You've just gotta wait. Today was an inauguration, this happens every election cycle. Come back in two days and the number of threads on the subject will be halved.

Yeah, we'll see. Any hint of optimism left that wasn't already beaten out of me by my childhood in rural southern England hopes you're right. But, you know, I predicted Brexit over a decade ago, and I highly doubt a guy who has literally been compared to Hitler, and who once bizarrely rolled out a pile of raw steaks to a press conference after one of his primary wins is going to stop being talked about in just two days.

Forty-eight hours later…

Six Trump/American politics sprung up since I made the above post. One of them asked whether Trump’s son is autistic, while another made fun of his Press Secretary, and there is still a lot of trolling, whinging, name-calling and mocking people. Still, the standard of the discussions probably improved by about 5%; I saw one promisingly substantive discussion chain.

No worries, I knew what you really meant. Still, I feel like I should have made some kind of bet with you, because now I would be asking you to pay up.

Well, you got me. I guess there's nothing left to do but leave the board as there's nothing left for you here.

Ta ta.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#56 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts
@mattbbpl said:

Well, you got me. I guess there's nothing left to do but leave the board as there's nothing left for you here.

Ta ta.

Settle down, I'm only half-kidding. I'll just go back to ignoring the dumb threads and complain again when the next thread like this inevitably come up.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@madrocketeer said:
@mattbbpl said:

Ta ta.

Settle down, I'm only half-kidding. I'll just go back to ignoring the dumb threads and complain again when the next thread like this inevitably come up.

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TotalRobot
Member since 2017 • 187 Posts

My money is on the forum being off Trump soon enough. Something else will happen to draw a lot of attention.

Like this briefcase I found with what looks like launch codes in it... Says to return to Bill Clinton and has the White House's address on it.

Dewm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Dewm
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

@totalrobot said:

My money is on the forum being off Trump soon enough. Something else will happen to draw a lot of attention.

Like this briefcase I found with what looks like launch codes in it... Says to return to Bill Clinton and has the White House's address on it.

NoMan's Sky 2 will come out and people will be like "Trump who?"

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TotalRobot

@dewm said:
@totalrobot said:

NoMan's Sky 2 will come out and people will be like "Trump who?"

They're already connected via meme.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Trump is begging to be made fun of and all the better that he is so sensitive to it. I'm actually quite enjoying his presidency so far, every day is something new to laugh over. "Alternative facts" is pure solid gold, and will go down in history to prove what the Trump administration entails: delusion and lies. It's really telling how stupid Trump considers his base to be in this, as he doesn't even try to hide it. Trump blatantly lies unashamedly with truth staring us straight in the face all the while.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Cause dat damage control

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 themajormayor

Dat butthurt

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 themajormayor

Dem tears

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts
@strongparkour said:

I don't really have an issue with him but I think what could possibly happen in future is: News reports that Trump will do this, Trump will do that, I think that none of Trumps "Nucular weapon war" crap will ever happen, eventually things will calm down, I mean, not in a bad way but America get quite protective of themselves because it's such a big country so basically what I'm trying to say is that because America is quite a large country, then they think they are in control of everything, so maybe that's why Trump wants a reaction from the public because he thinks he's the boss.

First of all, that's hell of a run on sentence. Second, what? The logic of it is all over the place, especially this "because America is quite a large country, then they think they are in control of everything, so maybe that's why Trump wants a reaction from the public because he thinks he's the boss."

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Gaming (creators and consumers) has a good chunk of liberals in there.

Liberals as you know have sent America down some poor paths and they have a lot of policies that really aren't that American.

So when someone like Trump comes in and says "I will work for America and real Americans and make them all stronger" it upsets quite a few.

LOL, and conservatives haven't?

The vast majority of the U.S. troubles in the world spring from the Cold War activities undertaken by conservatives. Oh...just off the top of my mind:

• Iran: 1953 Coup, support of the Shah which lead to the rise of the ayetollas resuming power
  • Iraq: support of Hussein, intelligence aid in the 10 year war with Iran...while we were selling weapons to Iran!, overthrow of Hussein leading to the rise in Daesh
  • Afghanistan: arming and training the Mujahadeen, then leaving a power vaccuum for the Taliban to assume power
  • Panama: support of Noriega
  • Chile: overthrow of Allende and support of Pinochet
  • CIA/Cocaine connection in the 80s (Contras, etc)
  • S&L crisis
  • Trickle-down econommics

And I haven't even touched the Nixon, Bush I, or Bush II administrations! All of those examples taking place under Repblicans and all examples of why Americans are hated abroad.

What are these "aren't really that American" policies to which you refer? And what does "really aren't that American" even mean? Do you just say shit without any thought behind what your words actually mean?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By bforrester420

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Liberals are sore losers that can't handle defeat. @GreySeal9 still hasn't been seen since Trump won.

I'm probably right behind GreySeal9...OT has become like another system wars over the last 6 months, and I hate that board. I've really grown tired of the politics "trolls" on OT. My days here are numbered.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@bforrester420 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I'm probably right behind GreySeal9...OT has become like another system wars over the last 6 months, and I hate that board. I've really grown tired of the politics "trolls" on OT. My days here are numbered.

This forum has always had a liberal tilt. It would not be so bad if there were fewer political topics, especially the ones that denigrate conservatives on a constant basis. The so called tolerant are not as tolerant as they think they are.

There are 2 subjects that should not be allowed on forums anywhere unless they are set up specifically for such and that is politics and religion. Sadly, they are allowed here.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@bforrester420 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I don't remember you being as aggressive as that guy was though. There is nothing wrong with being a liberal but that guy was just an ass. He talked down to everyone, told anyone that thought Trump could win that they were an idiot, and then vanished when he ended up being wrong.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bforrester420

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@bforrester420 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I don't remember you being as aggressive as that guy was though. There is nothing wrong with being a liberal but that guy was just an ass. He talked down to everyone, told anyone that thought Trump could win that they were an idiot, and then vanished when he ended up being wrong.

I'm not, nor was I ever, as aggressive as GreySeal9. I'm just getting very bored, and frustrated, with the lack of conversational diversity on here. It's become very factionally divided, much like System Wars.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

I'm pretty satisfied with his presidency so far. He's signed executive orders to ease the financial burden of the ACA, withdrew from TPP, and defunded Planned Parenthood.

jimy1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 jimy1475
Member since 2008 • 1228 Posts

Fine by me, just don't touch Europe and I won't need to know he exists

despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#73  Edited By despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Liberals as you know have sent America down some poor paths and they have a lot of policies that really aren't that American.

So when someone like Trump comes in and says "I will work for America and real Americans and make them all stronger" it upsets quite a few.

When did you become a Conservative ...back on '08 you were a huge Obama fan. If I remember correctly

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 bmanva

@Jaysonguy said:

Trump is beyond the typical liberals vs conservatives argument. Remember how a lot of conservatives fought tooth and nail against him during the primary? I lean conservatives in a lot of issues and I absolutely abhor Trump as do many real conservatives privately.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@bmanva said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Trump is beyond the typical liberals vs conservatives argument. Remember how a lot of conservatives fought tooth and nail against him during the primary? I lean conservatives in a lot of issues and I absolutely abhor Trump as do many real conservatives privately.

This. SOOOOOOOOOO much this. I am a liberal by upbringing but as I get older my beliefs and ideology lean conservative. Still I consider myself liberal. But I don't despise normal conservatives candidates. I didn't absolutely abhor HW Bush or his son(didn't too much care for W though). I ABHOR Trump. So does Paul Ryan. So does John McCain. At least they did until they found out they had to work with him.

It is one of the most difficult things to do to support this man in particular as my leader. But I am trying.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@bmanva said:
@Jaysonguy said:

This is what's surprising to me. He doesn't really fit with conservatives either....yet some defend him. He's an anomaly that isn't good for the country or his party.

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JJ_Productions
Member since 2008 • 1067 Posts

Its not just this forum, but practically every gaming Off topic forum.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@JJ_Productions: Welcome back. How goes it. Prior to the political threads though OT was dead so it has some traffic now. I'll let you decide if that is good or bad.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@bmanva said:
@Jaysonguy said:

They fought him because he wasn't part of their inner circle.

The same exact things happened with Cruz. People have attacked his looks, his family, and his politics.

Trump gets much more flak and abuse because he doesn't care what others say because words never hurt anyone. So where the media stopped going at Cruz they kept on at Trump until they're at the level they are now.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jaysonguy said:
@bmanva said:
@Jaysonguy said:

The same exact things happened with Cruz. People have attacked his looks, his family, and his politics.

Trump gets much more flak and abuse because he doesn't care what others say because words never hurt anyone. So where the media stopped going at Cruz they kept on at Trump until they're at the level they are now.

Hahaha.....Trump can't handle words. Man he has you fooled.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Jaysonguy

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jaysonguy said:
@bmanva said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Hahaha.....Trump can't handle words. Man he has you fooled.

You ever notice when Trump displays some sort of problem with his portrayal it's always ended up pointing towards the newest thing he's doing?

Is this just not a common understood fact right now?

Of course the anti American rhetoric is very loud these days because we have a real man in the White House after most of the last decade and that bothers the left because they've been taught that male somehow equals bad but seriously how can anyone say that Trump does not win every single war of words?

Trump may be the most brilliant President we have ever had. He literally beat the system and continues to beat the system at every move.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jaysonguy: Actually no. You only have to listen to him to know he's uneducated and clueless. But then he did appeal to the uneducated so I guess they might actually believe he knows what he's talking about. Anyone else....nah they see through him.

Reborn_Sigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Reborn_Sigma
Member since 2010 • 132 Posts
@mark1974 said:

Something extraordinary has happened. A complete certifiable lunatic, narcissist, egomaniac billionaire has been elected president. Enough people in America have become stupid and gullible enough for this to take place. How do you not talk about that!

And you actually have the gall to be in disbelief at how your kind got your asses kicked in this election.

Rather than debate and use logical reasoning, you just dismissed any Trump supporters as gullible idiots. (While also eating up anything your corrupt MSM feeds you. Oh, the irony!) In your sheer arrogance, no attempt was made to actually understand your opponents' concerns and why they wanted Trump in the first place. Oh no, you're too smart for that.

Lunatic, narcissist, and egomaniac. The perfect description for SJWs and their ilk.

It's really funny seeing them cry about Russian interference now, considering it was Russian interference during the Cold War that established these chucklefucks and trained them to undermine the country for half a century to come.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jaysonguy

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jaysonguy: Actually no. You only have to listen to him to know he's uneducated and clueless. But then he did appeal to the uneducated so I guess they might actually believe he knows what he's talking about. Anyone else....nah they see through him.

Literally everything you said is factually wrong.

You really think that Trump's actions aren't on purpose?

You think that for the last two years every single thing that he has done has just been a lucky fluke to get him to the White House?

How can you think that?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic

@Jaysonguy said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Literally everything you said is factually wrong.

You really think that Trump's actions aren't on purpose?

You think that for the last two years every single thing that he has done has just been a lucky fluke to get him to the White House?

How can you think that?

Over your head my post was. Not surprising.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#86  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Just liberals being sore losers..because their candidate for President didn't win. :P

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@Reborn_Sigma: my "kind" did not have a candidate in this election. Is Trump your kind? I am not surprised really that the people proved to be so ignorant and gullible. The democrats failure to put up a good candidate was resposible for the outcome more than anything. Concerning the Russians, you didn't like them during the Cold War but now they are fine? What is the thinking on that for republicans? Is there thought behind it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#88 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Best thing about Trump wining is Alex Jones. The guy just went up another level of crazyness.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@superbuuman said:

Just liberals being sore losers..because their candidate for President didn't win. :P

Actually all I see is conservatives being sore winners...............

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#90 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@superbuuman said:

lol doubt it...its non stop Trump bashing in the mainstream media since he won...so yea. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic

@superbuuman said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@superbuuman said:

lol doubt it...its non stop Trump bashing in the mainstream media since he won...so yea. :P

Reporting facts is NOT bashing...

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: only the alternative facts should be reported. Otherwise it's bashing. I think that's one of the executive orders he signed.

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TotalRobot

@mark1974 said:

@LJS9502_basic: only the alternative facts should be reported. Otherwise it's bashing. I think that's one of the executive orders he signed.

It's Executive Order Tr0110101

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 bmanva

@Jaysonguy said:

Trump gets much more flak and abuse because he doesn't care what others say because words never hurt anyone.

Wow, perfect example of Trump supporters' cognitive dissonance right there. The things his critics say are "flak and abuse" but things Trump says are just words and they "never hurt anyone". Amazing (and scary) how one's mind can be manipulated to such a state that two sets of logic exist and unconsciously selectively applied depending on subject.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@bmanva said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Trump gets much more flak and abuse because he doesn't care what others say because words never hurt anyone.

Wow, perfect example of Trump supporters' cognitive dissonance right there. The things his critics say are "flak and abuse" but things Trump says are just words and they "never hurt anyone". Amazing (and scary) how one's mind can be manipulated to such a state that two sets of logic exist and unconsciously selectively applied depending on subject.

I believe Orwell called that "doublethink."