Why illegal drugs should STAY illegal.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 British_Azimio
Member since 2007 • 2459 Posts
National Institute on Drug Abuse. What a great, unbiased source you have there.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

Using the alchohol argument to justify marajuana isn't going to help push your views. Alcohol has been ingrained into our society as something that is acceptable. This has been true for hundreds of years, hense trying to illegalize it would be near impossible. Remember what prohabition and how that turned out?

Marajuana on the other hand is condoned by our society and has never been ingrained into it like alcohol is. Hense saying weed should be legal just because alsochol is, is frankly speaking is apples and oranges.

rimnet00

I point that out in these threads all the time. Doesn't matter they just keep using the alcohol argument as though that makes marijuana better. Using their argument...water should be illegal. Because if you drink too much you'll die.

TirOrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 TirOrn
Member since 2005 • 1828 Posts

Using the alchohol argument to justify marajuana isn't going to help push your views. Alcohol has been ingrained into our society as something that is acceptable. This has been true for hundreds of years, hense trying to illegalize it would be near impossible. Remember what prohabition and how that turned out?

Marajuana on the other hand is condoned by our society and has never been ingrained into it like alcohol is. Hense saying weed should be legal just because alsochol is, is frankly speaking is apples and oranges.

rimnet00

Whooo. I like you man.

Ruben360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Ruben360
Member since 2007 • 334 Posts

K now for real, Marijuana isn't that bad. all these study are overrated. Smoking a joint with moderations is better then smoking cigarettes, its even better for you then alcohol.

From smoking a joint you wont get a hangover, you wont become aggressive. It makes you feel good (it enlarges your feelings, so better do it if you feel good:)).

So just stop whining legalize it.

(just moderate me for it I don't care)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

K now for real, Marijuana isn't that bad. all these study are overrated.Smoking a joint with moderations is better then smoking cigarettes, its even better for you then alcohol.

From smoking a joint you wont get a hangover, you wont become aggressive. It makes you feel good (it enlarges your feelings, so better do it if you feel good:)).

Ruben360

How? Explain please. And hangovers are NOT automatic just because you drink. Alcohol does not make you aggressive...unless you are aggressive. It doesn't change your personality....it enhances it. A mellow person stays mellow.

I'm guessing most of you talking about alcohol have zero experience with it...since your facts are all wrong.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

It sounds to me like both the pro and anti druggies are just annoying. Some have bad experiences. However, some of you have A+ average. However, some of you don't do it and don't like it. However, why do you care if people damage their life? Does it effect you? So all in all, who cares wha others do, it's their body. If you don't like it, don't buy it.wemhim

First off, I don't think all of us anti-legalization advocates care too much about whether you or anyone else is smoking pot. Go ahead and smoke it. However, we want it to remain illegal and hense unacceptable by our society so that our future generations aren't bastardized by this drug. I do not want my future kids to be pot heads, plain and simple. Sure, I did it, but frankly my parents didn't really educate me on how bad it was. Do I blame them? no, they didn't know any better. However, having experianced it myself, I will not and cannot be expected to not voice my views.

Secondly, I have mentioned a few times already in this thread that most kids on this message board have likely not tried real pot. There is a big difference from the kind that you find in high school versus the kind you find circleing around older folk. Headies are literally 5 times more potent then high school shwag. One hit from a bong will blow your mind. The levels of THC in it are way higher then what is found in swag, in fact that stuff has crystals of thc literally falling off it and sticking to your fingers. It is so potent, that instead of taking a hit and laughing your ass off, you will take a hit and just sit there... and finally say: "wow dude, i am so high"... not knowing wtf is going on. Now, to say that you willl be smoking shwag all your life is unrealistic. Once you graduate and make your way into the real world, you will begin to see what pot really is.

I rather it stop before kids reach that point. Just because I managed to break out of the cycle doesn't mean everyone can.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
[QUOTE="Ruben360"]

K now for real, Marijuana isn't that bad. all these study are overrated.Smoking a joint with moderations is better then smoking cigarettes, its even better for you then alcohol.

LJS9502_basic

How? Explain please. And hangovers are NOT automatic just because you drink. Alcohol does not make you aggressive...unless you are aggressive. It doesn't change your personality....it enhances it. A mellow person stays mellow.

I'm guessing most of you talking about alcohol have zero experience with it...since your facts are all wrong.

You're right, I'm for legalization of drugs, not because I think it's some peacful thing where it's perfectly fine, but because I say let people do bad to themsevles if they wish to. However, I don't drink a lot, but I'm a mellow person, and I remain a mellow person, I don't get in fights.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c0ed0a795b02
deactivated-5c0ed0a795b02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 deactivated-5c0ed0a795b02
Member since 2006 • 3389 Posts
This should be stickied
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts

[QUOTE="wemhim"]It sounds to me like both the pro and anti druggies are just annoying. Some have bad experiences. However, some of you have A+ average. However, some of you don't do it and don't like it. However, why do you care if people damage their life? Does it effect you? So all in all, who cares wha others do, it's their body. If you don't like it, don't buy it.rimnet00

First off, I don't think all of us anti-legalization advocates care too much about whether you or anyone else is smoking pot. Go ahead and smoke it. However, we want it to remain illegal and hense unacceptable by our society so that our future generations are bastardized by this drug. I do not want my future kids to be pot heads, plain and simple. Sure, I did it, but frankly my parents didn't really educate me on how bad it was. Do I blame them? no, they didn't know any better. However, having experianced it myself, I will not and cannot be expected to not voice my views.

Secondly, I have mentioned a few times already in this thread that most kids on this message board have likely not tried real pot. There is a big difference from the kind that you find in high school versus the kind you find circleing around older folk. Headies are literally 5 times more potent then high school shwag. One hit from a bong will blow your mind. The levels of THC in it are way higher then what is found in swag, in fact that stuff has crystals of thc literally falling off it and sticking to your fingers. It is so potent, that instead of taking a hit and laughing your ass off, you will take a hit and just sit there... and finally say: "wow dude, i am so high"... not knowing wtf is going on. Now, to say that you willl be smoking shwag all your life is unrealistic. Once you graduate and make your way into the real world, you will begin to see what pot really is.

I rather it stop before kids reach that point. Just because I managed to break out of the cycle doesn't mean everyone can.

I agree with you, and no, I'm not basing it off high school kiddy marajuana. All is I was saying is, that I don't care if people want to damage themsevles. And I understand why you might not want them to, but I'm saying that I'm okay with it. I'm not basing it off of high school kiddy drugs, for all I care, Heroin could be legalized. I'm just not much of a humanist. Although, maybe one day I will. I don't smoke either.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
so tell me why alcohol should be legal but not these.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Okay, I'm all for walls of text and the illegalization of said drugs, but I think you need to concisely summarize your thoughts instead of copying and pasting from the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
Mumbles527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Mumbles527
Member since 2004 • 7706 Posts
Theres one thing that will never make sense to me. Whether its bad for me or not, why should anyone else be able to tell me what I can or can't do on my own time, in the privacy of my own home if its not going to affect anyone else? Place whatever laws you want on driving while under the influence. If I want to smoke it, it should be my decision to, not the governments. This is a free country after all.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#113 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
[QUOTE="wemhim"][QUOTE="Shiggums"]

[QUOTE="rimnet00"]
If I didn't quit smoking weed, I would have not graduated with a Computer Science degree. I would not have had the social life I have now. I would instead have some asshat degree and just a few 'friends' who I smoked pot with and watched tv with all day long. F that.rimnet00

People can still go on to lead successful lives while being marijuana smokers. It happens. And marijuana is a social drug. Users have a social life, and though it is with other users most of the time, it's still a social life. You could still get your degree, you'd have more than a few friends, and you must be the worst "stoner" if all you do when high is watch tv all day. Nobody does that.

But they do it on TV, so that makes it true dude, TV IS a better source than real life ya know? But seriously, I don't have a life, and I don't even smoke(I have, but don't actually go and do it).

Excuse me, but I was basing this off my actual experiances, not just what they show on TV. Shiggums, no offense dude, but you are only 16. Wait until you go to college and meet up with other people who don't have parental supervision anymore. You will find a lot of stoners who pride themselves in their collections of DVDs, their DVR boxs, and their multiple kinds of Headies (Bud/Pot which is of the highest calibiar and usually named - not that crap they sell you in HS).

1. I'm 17 (i just had to make that clear, sorry :))

2. I guess you do have a point there. Yeah, it isn't all that great of stuff in HS (although sometimes...)

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Shiggums
:|[QUOTE="Shiggums"]

[QUOTE="rimnet00"]
If I didn't quit smoking weed, I would have not graduated with a Computer Science degree. I would not have had the social life I have now. I would instead have some asshat degree and just a few 'friends' who I smoked pot with and watched tv with all day long. F that.TirOrn

People can still go on to lead successful lives while being marijuana smokers. It happens. And marijuana is a social drug. Users have a social life, and though it is with other users most of the time, it's still a social life. You could still get your degree, you'd have more than a few friends, and you must be the worst "stoner" if all you do when high is watch tv all day. Nobody does that.

So now you're encouraging drugs??? WTF!?!?!?!?! :|

Not so much encouraging it's use (believe me, i'm not one to push use of drugs on people) but what i was saying was that doing drugs doesn't necessarily ruin one's life. There are success stories.

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
[QUOTE="rimnet00"][QUOTE="wemhim"][QUOTE="Shiggums"]

[QUOTE="rimnet00"]
If I didn't quit smoking weed, I would have not graduated with a Computer Science degree. I would not have had the social life I have now. I would instead have some asshat degree and just a few 'friends' who I smoked pot with and watched tv with all day long. F that.Shiggums

wait first of all how do u know all of this? also how long did it take you to figure out that being on drugs while in school is not the best idea?

KrayzieJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 KrayzieJ
Member since 2003 • 3283 Posts
I disagree with the claim that marijuana is a social drug. I used to be a heavy smoker , yet the words in my head never reached my mouth for some reason, as much as I wanted to talk. I wanted to say things but I didn't. It aggravated me to such a point that I quit. The more you smoke the more lost you become in this haze, I would realize things, amazing things I felt, about reality but I could not speak them to other people and that aggravated me. The best social drug is love (serotonin) IMO.
Mumbles527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Mumbles527
Member since 2004 • 7706 Posts
I disagree with the claim that marijuana is a social drug. I used to be a heavy smoker , yet the words in my head never reached my mouth for some reason, as much as I wanted to talk. It aggravated me to such a point that I quit. The more you smoke the more lost you become in this haze, I would realize things, amazing things I felt, about reality but I could not speak them to other people and that aggravated me. The best social drug is love (serotonin) IMO.KrayzieJ
I dunno, coke is a pretty good social drug... Just joking...don't do that. Trying to kick it now myself, actually. That stuff blows. No pun intended.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Shiggums

[QUOTE="KrayzieJ"]I disagree with the claim that marijuana is a social drug. I used to be a heavy smoker , yet the words in my head never reached my mouth for some reason, as much as I wanted to talk. It aggravated me to such a point that I quit. The more you smoke the more lost you become in this haze, I would realize things, amazing things I felt, about reality but I could not speak them to other people and that aggravated me. The best social drug is love (serotonin) IMO.Mumbles527
I dunno, coke is a pretty good social drug... Just joking...don't do that. Trying to kick it now myself, actually. That stuff blows. No pun intended.

Yeah coke can be dangerous. But to answer KrayzieJ, marijuana can ultimately affect people differently. I always was very social, perhaps too social. In fact, I probably annoyed too many people:P

SIapshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SIapshot
Member since 2002 • 8044 Posts

Keeping drugs illegal costs American taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars every year in law enforcement, incarceration, etc.

The cost of drugs is directly related to the legislation against them. Cocaine costs pennies per gram to manufacture, yet the street price for a gram in NY is around $25 (upwards of $100 upstate). Addicts are GOING to get high, regardless of who tells them not to. Never in my 15 years of partying have I seen somebody say "I'm not going to smoke/snort that because it's illegal". They always say "it's bad for you" when they decline to partake, so I know from experience that laws DO NOT stop people from using drugs, it's their upbringing that DOES.

Laws also have no effect on the AVAILABILITY of street drugs. I've bought cocaine like you would buy hamburgers at McDonalds, except it takes more time and effort to buy the hamburgers. I never had to leave my car, and I barely even came to a stop before the transaction was complete.

People often cite increased crime rates where drugs are present. As I said before, this is a direct result of the legislation against them. Drug laws INCREASE crime rates, simply because the addict (who is going to be an addict, regardless of laws) needs to steal more money to support his habit.

As for the GATEWAY hypothesis, a drug is not a "gateway" drug unless you use it as one. A chair is not a weapon until you bash somebody over the head with it. Then AND ONLY THEN does the chair become a weapon. The vast majority of beer drinkers are not pot heads, and the vast majority of pot heads are not crackheads, so we can therefore say with absolute certainty that a drug is not a "gateway" unless you use it as one.

I haven't used drugs in years, and I certainly don't condone it. But I've come to realize the huge amount of my tax dollars that are being wasted fighting this "war". I've always been able to afford my habits, but how many times have you seen on TV, some crackhead (who happens to be black) that was trying to steal a couple of dollars from somebody, who had a stick or pipe in his hand, and is now being charged with 1st degree assault as well as 1st degree robberyand will probably do 10 years in prison (10x$35,000).... WHY? I don't give a rat's ass about the crackhead, much less WANT to support him for the next 10 years of his pathetic life. But the police agencies are always parading around saying they need this and they need that, more overtime, more equipment to fight the crime wave that is hitting urban America. If that crackhead could get his weekly fix by scraping some bottles and cans together, that little old lady would never have been attacked (and thousands of police officers and corrections officers would have to look for work elsewhere, AND WE WOULD SAVE BILLIONS IN TAX DOLLARS)

I say legalize drugs and let's get on with our lives. Stop letting the government babysit grown adults and put the real criminals behind bars.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Shiggums
Why not just let all drugs legalized, and let those who want to do them go ahead and do them, and those who don't want to do them go on and not do them. Just let people decide for themselves, and we can still continue to fund drug awareness programs(like they work though...)
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
I don't think there are any good reasons for canibas being illegal...
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Shiggums

^^BUMP^^

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Hewkii

There's one thing that will never make sense to me. Whether its bad for me or not, why should anyone else be able to tell me what I can or can't do on my own time, in the privacy of my own home if its not going to affect anyone else? Place whatever laws you want on driving while under the influence. If I want to smoke it, it should be my decision to, not the governments. This is a free country after all.Mumbles527

indeed. just like Alcohol.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts

These Legalization guys are right. I mean, hell, let's go one step further. Domestic Abuse. We spend thousands, millions of tax dollars in attempting to prevent domestic abuse, but no matter how illegal it is, they still do it! It's wasting our prison space and our money. Thereby, i say we make domestic abuse legal.

J-walking too. And traffic Violations. Waste of police resources, and it being illegal doesnt stop people from breaking the speed limit or crossing a double yellow line.

ThaStig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ThaStig
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
Copy and Paste ftw?
hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 hoop_hard
Member since 2005 • 20418 Posts
I choose not to do illegal drugs but I feel that they should be ALL legalized and the government should consider it as a "Good". It will help the economy a lot. So what about the side effects? Who cares? you have a CHOICE. No one is forcing you to do it.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Shiggums

These Legalization guys are right. I mean, hell, let's go one step further. Domestic Abuse. We spend thousands, millions of tax dollars in attempting to prevent domestic abuse, but no matter how illegal it is, they still do it! It's wasting our prison space and our money. Thereby, i say we make domestic abuse legal.

J-walking too. And traffic Violations. Waste of police resources, and it being illegal doesnt stop people from breaking the speed limit or crossing a double yellow line.

Tolwan

I don't like you.

j-walking = don't care

domestic abuse harms ppl and it's a serious deal. Innocent people get hurt/killed, and you make some wisecrack about it? I hope you become a victim so you'll learn your lesson.

SIapshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 SIapshot
Member since 2002 • 8044 Posts

Tolwan

Umm, you missed a really important point here. Drug addicts aren't hurting anybody but themselves while domestic abusers are hurting another person. Big difference. I could care less if you punch yourself in the face all day long, but try punching a defenseless woman in the face while I'M around.

Which brings up another point, why aren't all the pro-abortion people getting behind the legalization movement? After all, it's MY BODY....

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
Heres a simple reason all illegal drugs should be legal: It hurts no one but the user. The government shouldnt impose self-saftey laws, theyre stupid and a waste of time.
metallimoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#130 metallimoose
Member since 2003 • 277 Posts
It's not the government's job to micromanage the self-safety of its citizens. I don't touch drugs, but I will if I desire to, regardless of the preferences of our anonymous bureaucracy.
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

SIapshot

Umm, you missed a really important point here. Drug addicts aren't hurting anybody but themselves while domestic abusers are hurting another person. Big difference. I could care less if you punch yourself in the face all day long, but try punching a defenseless woman in the face while I'M around.

Which brings up another point, why aren't all the pro-abortion people getting behind the legalization movement? After all, it's MY BODY....

Actually, very easily one cran bring up the negative effects legalization would have on American Society and children as a whole, and thus it does effect others severely. Not to mention, what about traffic violations? Let's make those all legal. We should all be able to go 100 on the road so long as there is nobody in the way! There are plenty of other laws in place for the protection of individuals or for the protection of society as a whole because of the social effects of certain things. You want legalized drugs? Go to a god damned other country.

As far as i am concerned, the answer to this is the opposite of legalization. We need to Buff up our police force like we buff up our military. We need more prisons, bigger prisons, and simultaneously less intrusive prisons. I for one am an advocate of creating large prisons that go deep under ground. We need to hit the source, stop the sellers entirely. If we lock tight both the Canadian and Mexican borders (This has MANY more benefits that stopping trafficking btw, or else i wouldnt propose it) then it will limit all drugs to being developed in house, inside the US. And get this, outside companies will be forced to sneak the stuff in through Ports, airports, etc. So then the police funding can work with homeland security funding to lock those down (Without intrusion to normal operations of course). This will have the double benefit of stopping the drug importation AND the crossing of terrorist weapons.

We should not legalize if we can't enforce. We should create the ability to enforce.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Hewkii

Tolwan

you can't tax abuse.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Def_Jef88

It's not the government's job to micromanage the self-safety of its citizens. I don't touch drugs, but I will if I desire to, regardless of the preferences of our anonymous bureaucracy. metallimoose
exactly.

Im not stupid enough to destroy my own body, but if i want to, goddamit i will.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Hewkii

We need to hit the source, stop the sellers entirely.

Tolwan

the only way to do that is to run them out of business. to do that, you must legalize it. people have imported drugs even into N. Korea without harm. nothing the US does will stop drug dealings.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

We need to hit the source, stop the sellers entirely.

Hewkii

the only way to do that is to run them out of business. to do that, you must legalize it. people have imported drugs even into N. Korea without harm. nothing the US does will stop drug dealings.

It's people like you who undermine the system by not even let the government do it's job and put in the effort. If we spent even HALF what we spend on the military on the police force and locking down the border, i gaurentee the use would HEAVILY Decrease.

You're right, we can't stop all of them. But if we stop ENOUGH of them, and make very few actually get through, the prices will be so god damned outrageous that Usage will drop tenfold.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Hewkii

You're right, we can't stop all of them. But if we stop ENOUGH of them, and make very few actually get through, the prices will be so god damned outrageous that Usage will drop tenfold.

Tolwan

not at all. in fact, people will just steal to get the money. plus, if you realized how hard it would be to patrol every part of the border you'd realize why we haven't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

SIapshot

Abortion doesnt have any REAL negative side effects. Also if it becomes legal that means all the kids will be doing it. Its bad enough that most kids do it, end up skipping class, or go to class but are to high to do ANYTHING and just sit there all day. Lets make the education system fail all together! YEAH!

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Hewkii

Also if it becomes legal that means all the kids will be doing it. Its bad enough that most kids do it, end up skipping class, or go to class but are to high to do ANYTHING and just sit there all day. Lets make the education system fail all together! YEAH!

FrostyPhantasm

Alcohol is legal yet it has age restrictions. why can't the same be true?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"]

Also if it becomes legal that means all the kids will be doing it. Its bad enough that most kids do it, end up skipping class, or go to class but are to high to do ANYTHING and just sit there all day. Lets make the education system fail all together! YEAH!

Hewkii

Like those restrictions actually work... about 90% of the kids in my school drink and all they do in school is talk about how much the drank on the weekend.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#140 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
i'm still standing by legalisation. The government should not have the power to tell us what we can and can't do to our own bodies. as long as we don't hurt another living person, it's none of their business
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Hewkii

Like those restrictions actually work... about 90% of the kids in my school drink and all they do in school is talk about how much the drank on the weekend.

FrostyPhantasm

so you think we should ban alcohol?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
i'm still standing by legalisation. The government should not have the power to tell us what we can and can't do to our own bodies. as long as we don't hurt another living person, it's none of their businessBuryMe
Lets let people commit suicide and assisted suicide to, i mean, its not hurting anyone else, if they want to why not?
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"]

FrostyPhantasm

Im sorry, but anecdotle evidence isnt evidence....

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]i'm still standing by legalisation. The government should not have the power to tell us what we can and can't do to our own bodies. as long as we don't hurt another living person, it's none of their businessFrostyPhantasm
Lets let people commit suicide and assisted suicide to, i mean, its not hurting anyone else, if they want to why not?

okay, people shpuld be able to kill themselves if they want to.... :|
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 BuryMe
Which brings up another point, why aren't all the pro-abortion people getting behind the legalization movement? After all, it's MY BODY....SIapshot
probably because its of topic for the thread. I'm sure many of the left wingers here are pro coice and support legalising drugs
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Tolwan

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]i'm still standing by legalisation. The government should not have the power to tell us what we can and can't do to our own bodies. as long as we don't hurt another living person, it's none of their businessDef_Jef88

THE POINT, is it has an overall effect on society when you hurt yourself like THAT. We're even cracking down on obeisity by forcing more gym in schools.

As a matter of fact, Def_Jef, why do you think you're legally required to attend school as a child? It is for the benefit of american society as a whole, to make it's citizens more productive. Allowing things such as Marijuana to gain a strangehold on society would be hypocrytical of this government because it would very much have a negative effect on society - Both in a social way, and in a productivity sense.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 BuryMe
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]i'm still standing by legalisation. The government should not have the power to tell us what we can and can't do to our own bodies. as long as we don't hurt another living person, it's none of their businessFrostyPhantasm

:| I do believe that people should be allowed to take their own life. If they are miseable, why should the law force them to stay miserable?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"]

Def_Jef88

Im sorry, but anecdotle evidence isnt evidence....

Go to any highschool, ask how many people drink, then ask how many people dont drink.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Def_Jef88

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]i'm still standing by legalisation. The government should not have the power to tell us what we can and can't do to our own bodies. as long as we don't hurt another living person, it's none of their businessTolwan

THE POINT, is it has an overall effect on society when you hurt yourself like THAT. We're even cracking down on obeisity by forcing more gym in schools.

As a matter of fact, Def_Jef, why do you think you're legally required to attend school as a child? It is for the benefit of american society as a whole, to make it's citizens more productive. Allowing things such as Marijuana to gain a strangehold on society would be hypocrytical of this government because it would very much have a negative effect on society - Both in a social way, and in a productivity sense.

Im sorry, but it isnt my job to benefit the country. I go to school because I know I should. But if im 18 and wanna drop out, I should and do have the right to.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BuryMe

Go to any highschool, ask how many people drink, then ask how many people dont drink.FrostyPhantasm
go ahead and ask how many use marijuana aswell.

I'm sure you'll be surprised by how high the number is.