Why I don't believe in cops

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Good way to avoid being "abused" by the police? Don't break the fucking law! Every teenage douche bag thinks they are some revolutionary by standing up to the police after they break the law then they cry like a bitch when they get manhandled and arrested. Police are just doing their jobs (i.e. enforcing the laws society has dictated).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

we do need cops, but to keep them on good behavior I think we do need more accountability, and mechanisms in place to make sure that their actions are well documented, I personally think that them walking around with digital cameras recording their day to day interactions would work best in withholding the flexibility for corrupting behavior

part of the problem to is it's up to the police department to police themselves, rather than allowing elected representatives to oversee police oversight, that I feel would go a lot further into keeping them in their best behavior, after all police officers want to keep their jobs, as do elected officials, and citizens want to elect officials that serve their interests

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

we do need cops, but to keep them on good behavior I think we do need more accountability, and mechanisms in place to make sure that their actions are well documented, I personally think that them walking around with digital cameras recording their day to day interactions would work best in withholding the flexibility for corrupting behavior

part of the problem to is it's up to the police department to police themselves, rather than allowing elected representatives to oversee police oversight, that I feel would go a lot further into keeping them in their best behavior, after all police officers want to keep their jobs, as do elected officials, and citizens want to elect officials that serve their interests

Won't happen. It's far too expensive to set up a kind of program that would record a cops every day interactions and then keep those recordings for a certain amount of time.

Having dashboard cameras with external microphones is the best compromise.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

On behalf of the good of OT, I thank you for your service air

RumbleRuses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55 RumbleRuses
Member since 2014 • 65 Posts

@RushKing said:

You can't expect somone in power to be acountible becuase power desecrates empathy and compassion. We don't need cops for protection, we need protection from cops. Cops are not protecting us from brutes, cops are the brutes. Only we can protect ourselves from brutes who wish to rise to power. Convince me to change my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTk_uQwDFBU

I am not in favor of premuture revolution either. If too many people still believe in states when the next one occurs, we may have to deal with another Lenin or Napolean. If that happens I will flee the country. I don't understand how anyone can have hope in a government and economic system rotten to the core.

TC is obviously trolling, cops exist; we see them every day??????

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@rumbleruses said:

@RushKing said:

You can't expect somone in power to be acountible becuase power desecrates empathy and compassion. We don't need cops for protection, we need protection from cops. Cops are not protecting us from brutes, cops are the brutes. Only we can protect ourselves from brutes who wish to rise to power. Convince me to change my mind.

I am not in favor of premuture revolution either. If too many people still believe in states when the next one occurs, we may have to deal with another Lenin or Napolean. If that happens I will flee the country. I don't understand how anyone can have hope in a government and economic system rotten to the core.

Those aren't cops, they're just really aggressive strippers

RumbleRuses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#57 RumbleRuses
Member since 2014 • 65 Posts

@lostrib said:

@rumbleruses said:

@RushKing said:

Those aren't cops, they're just really aggressive strippers

Everything I knew was a lie...It makes perfect sense, it's precisely why they demanded all that money when they found the dead hookers in my car!

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

bad cops are a tiny minority.

now with that said i still treat every police encounter like it is a life and death situation because in the end you never know what kind of officer you are about to interact with.