Why do you think the suicide rate is up 33 percent since 1999?

• 49 results
warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3553 Posts

Depressing subject but I can't help but feel bad for how f'd up this era we live in is right now my question is why do you think the suicide rate seems to get higher every year?

My guess is part of it has to do with social media almost everybody is competing with each other trying to show off how great their lives are. People are so addicted to getting likes for other peoples approval social media is one of the worst things that came from the internet. It really messed up society I mean just look at China now it's literally like that Black Mirror episode they are using a social credit system.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5238 Posts

I was thinking about Black Mirror before I read your post. There seem to be other episodes of note too. I'm too busy to list them.

I know what you mean.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Heirren
Member since 2017 • 2332 Posts

The internet.

Simple just ditch the internet.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 6835 Posts

Maybe people have finally realised what I've known all my life; the world is shit, is generally getting shittier, and humans are shit and responsible for all the shittiness.

The only difference is while many people can't handle the shittiness, I embraced it and grabbed the popcorn.

Heirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Heirren
Member since 2017 • 2332 Posts

Like i said ditch the internet its filled with negativity.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 674 Posts

Wealth and income polarisation

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5281 Posts

@warmblur said:

Depressing subject but I can't help but feel bad for how f'd up this era we live in is right now my question is why do you think the suicide rate seems to get higher every year?

My guess is part of it has to do with social media almost everybody is competing with each other trying to show off how great their lives are. People are so addicted to getting likes for other peoples approval social media is one of the worst things that came from the internet. It really messed up society I mean just look at China now it's literally like that Black Mirror episode they are using a social credit system.

Everything these days is about attention but people don't realize bad attention is also received rather than just positive recognition. Social media is a big contributor but lets look at to whom people look up to, follow, idolize, etc.., You see celebs and athletes and such doing anything it takes for attention to the point of it being pathetic. Followers try and follow suit and when it doesn't go to plan? When others respond negatively? What then? What happens when you grow up not knowing (because you are taught otherwise) defeat or failure?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 warmblur

@Solaryellow said:
@warmblur said:

Everything these days is about attention but people don't realize bad attention is also received rather than just positive recognition. Social media is a big contributor but lets look at to whom people look up to, follow, idolize, etc.., You see celebs and athletes and such doing anything it takes for attention to the point of it being pathetic. Followers try and follow suit and when it doesn't go to plan? When others respond negatively? What then? What happens when you grow up not knowing (because you are taught otherwise) defeat or failure?

Good points.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 24936 Posts

Many reasons. The mixture of cyber bullying, better sharing of information, and the younger generation not being able to achieve the same standards as the older generations because of how biased the economy is against them means that the younger generations have to deal with far more problems that older generations had to.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 121741 Posts

@Willy105 said:

Many reasons. The mixture of cyber bullying, better sharing of information, and the younger generation not being able to achieve the same standards as the older generations because of how biased the economy is against them means that the younger generations have to deal with far more problems that older generations had to.

The financial crack of 2008 probably weighs in heavy as well.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 24936 Posts
@horgen said:
@Willy105 said:

Perhaps, but I imagine that hurt people with existing assets more than those who were only kids or teenagers back then. For example, they didn't own houses back then, so they wouldn't have their credit score obliterated by not being able to pay for it.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Horgen  Moderator

@Willy105 said:

Perhaps, but I imagine that hurt people with existing assets more than those who were only kids or teenagers back then. For example, they didn't own houses back then, so they wouldn't have their credit score obliterated by not being able to pay for it.

People getting out of college to a dry job marked.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45040 Posts

Yeah I read the other day that life expectancy is trending down because of early-age deaths related to suicide, heart issues due to stress, and obesity.

My solution is simple: get rid of this "my job is who I am" attitude, work less, and allow Americans to take care of themselves without feeling bad about it. It still blows my mind that people are ashamed to take mental-health days in this day and age.

With that said, it doesn't help that people are constantly bombarded by stressful politics, stressful news about climate change, being paid less and having to work more than previous generations, cost of living and housing increases disproportionate to wages, and so on.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45040 Posts
@Willy105 said:
@horgen said:
@Willy105 said:

I graduated pretty much right when it happened. Do you know what it's like to look for a job when essentially every large company in the US has a hiring freeze? Not great. I would argue it hit the younger folks pretty hard.

Furthermore, the fallout from the Great Recession hurts, too; employers realized that if people are scared to lose their job, they will work twice as hard and for the same pay. That fear is still in a lot people's mind, and employers know that.

Not only did the Great Recession send me from potential-white-collar to definite-blue-collar-labor status, it arguably changed my entire career path (though that was one good thing, I found a career I really like. It just doesn't pay that well hahaha)

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Horgen  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Willy105 said:
@horgen said:
@Willy105 said:

I graduated pretty much right when it happened. Do you know what it's like to look for a job when essentially every large company in the US has a hiring freeze? Not great. I would argue it hit the younger folks pretty hard.

Furthermore, the fallout from the Great Recession hurts, too; employers realized that if people are scared to lose their job, they will work twice as hard and for the same pay. That fear is still in a lot people's mind, and employers know that.

Not only did the Great Recession send me from potential-white-collar to definite-blue-collar-labor status, it arguably changed my entire career path (though that was one good thing, I found a career I really like. It just doesn't pay that well hahaha)

You're part of the lost generation really. Because of when you graduated, you will most likely earn less money every year for the rest of your life compared to someone finishing a few years earlier or later.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 44974 Posts

Life just doesn't mean as much to people. You see it everywhere.

livingdeadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 livingdeadman
Member since 2016 • 395 Posts

I think it is because most people are disconnected with nature. We live in a time where a lot of people are afraid of rain.

Ovirew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9236 Posts

I remember growing up in the 90's, people just didn't have conversations about controversial things as much. I think everyone was more willing to put aside differences and compromise, for the sake of society.

I don't want to pin-point a certain event in history, but it's hard not to feel somewhat like 9-11 changed the world. Since that point the arguments for and against opposing sides of arguments have been loud and not agreeable. We've gotten farther and farther away from a sense of unity and wanting to protect our ways of life, as the concept of who we are and what we represent have grown more malleable and complex. The result is a ton of infighting.

As a byproduct, the world has become a lot more chaotic. And it's hard not to feel threatened when the natural balance of everything is being constantly tampered with and reviewed again by all sorts of different groups.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22626 Posts

Capitalism.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1866 Posts

Overpopulation and all the issues that arise from it.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26804 Posts

I'm not a big fan of religion but I think one factor is that people growing up now don't have much structure or set of principles to work from, they just seem to do whatever they want with their own whims as a guide. Some religions do have a set of moral principles to work from including Christianity with the 10 commandments and other ideas to form a base. With less and less principles being passed to following generations, many tend to get lost more easily. People need to have the independence to get away from things outside of themselves for a little while (including smart phones, video games, and social media) and spend some time getting themselves right first.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98121 Posts
@theone86 said:

Capitalism.

And the rampant poverty that is caused by it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

Humans are supposed to be in small closely knit groups living and working together to hunt mammoths. The individualist, alienating, every-person-an-island shitshow of the modern world is all wrong and we all know it. And the internet is a fucking poison, some people are starting to realize that too.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 theone86

@AFBrat77 said:

I'm not a big fan of religion but I think one factor is that people growing up now don't have much structure or set of principles to work from, they just seem to do whatever they want with little guidance. Some religions do have a set of moral principles to work from including Christianity with the 10 commandments and other ideas to form a base. With less and less of a base to work with its going to get worse for each generation going forward. People need to have the independence to get away from things outside of themselves for a little while (including smart phones, video games, and social media) and spend some time getting themselves right first.

And where do you get these observations from, hmmm? Have you done studies that closely control for extenuating factors, or are you just watching the world from the rocking chair on your porch and remarking on kids these days to make yourself feel important? Moral principles do not come from religion and, in fact, most atheists have strong moral principles. Shocker, I know. Funny, too, how those vaunted moral principles don't keep Catholic priests from molesting kids or church officials from covering it up for years.

Anyway, while there is a slight correlation between religion and reduced suicides, it is pretty much just a case of selection bias. Suicidal thoughts are far higher among people who have been forced out of religion or left because they didn't feel accepted. This includes LGBT people, people with opinions that are shunned by official doctrine, and victims of abuse whose trauma isn't treated as such by their religious organization. Even if religion made people moral, which it doesn't, moral people still commit suicide. "spending time outside of themselves" isn't going to save people with clinical psychological issues.

@foxhound_fox said:
@theone86 said:

Capitalism.

And the rampant poverty that is caused by it.

Yeah, it's funny how people tend to look at every cause for suicide except monetary ones. Job loss has long been linked with higher rates of suicide, especially in a society like the U.S. where one's job is typically very central to their identity. A lot of the recent spike in suicides too has been among black Americans, and the largest part of that spike among the poor and poorly educated. It also shouldn't be much of a surprise that drug use and suicides are up among American communities with the most job loss (many of which are also heavily religious). Beyond that, countries with stronger safety nets tend to have lower suicide rates and countries with an overworked population tend to have higher suicide rates. But no, let's not talk about how working insane hours for bad pay and struggling to put a roof over your head and food on your table might cause American suicide rates to spike. Let's just blame a lack of religion instead.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pook99
Member since 2014 • 901 Posts

I think there are a lot of causes, some things that I see:

1) The internet has been mentioned a lot on here, I think the internet is the greatest double edged sword in the history of the world. My life is pretty good and I owe a lot of it to the internet, I met my wife on a dating site, when I moved away for a new job(that I found on the internet) I met all my real life friends on the internet, my recreational life is enhanced an infinite amount by it as well, I love having just about every video game/song/movie/tv show ever made just a click away, it makes relaxing really fun. I can honestly say my life has been enhanced in so many ways because of the internet.

The downside is equally huge, the internet causes a divisiveness that I have never seen before in my life. People join echo chambers of like minded people and try and pat themselves and their ideas on the back while completely demonizing those who disagree with them. Imagine living your life and believing that people who are not exactly like you are actually the enemy? Pretty horrific, but that is exactly what the internet has led to.

The internet also leads people to constantly seek attention from strangers, but it is meaningless and shallow and so they never feel fulfilled. No amount of views/likes/retweets etc will ever make you feel whole, but people constantly seek these things instead of deeper personal connections that can be made when you get out there and socialize with real people. The fact is that people need people, people need love, compansionship, and many people dont have these real world connections which leads to skyrocketing amounts of depression

The internet has also caused a tremendous spike in people who are either diagnosed/self-diagnosed with anxiety. I imagine the reason is that on the internet so many people act like jerks the average person probably then begins to perceive that people will act like that in real life as well, this causes people to have a tremendous amount of social anxiety, I get it, imagine if people in real life acted the way they do on the net? They don't, people in real life are generally nice and easy to get along with but in the internet generation that is often seen as not the case.

There is more but I have to end it on that note.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19568 Posts

As said above, I think the internet has had a lot to do with it... especially things like "social" media. Social media isolates people more than it supposedly brings people together.

I also think we're too attached to our devices & spend too much time inside, away from nature. Nothing makes me feel better than leaving my devices at home and going for a walk along my local beach or national park. And I think people don't do things like that enough nowadays.

sonicare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sonicare
Member since 2004 • 57102 Posts

Where is the suicide rate up 33%? The whole world or are you referring to the US? I suspect if can be a variety of factors. I've read some interesting theories on it. One has to do with social interaction and that each successive generation seems to have less and less physical contact and touch. Other studies link even dietary changes. I suspect it's multifactorial.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theone86

@pook99 said:

I think there are a lot of causes, some things that I see:

1) The internet has been mentioned a lot on here, I think the internet is the greatest double edged sword in the history of the world. My life is pretty good and I owe a lot of it to the internet, I met my wife on a dating site, when I moved away for a new job(that I found on the internet) I met all my real life friends on the internet, my recreational life is enhanced an infinite amount by it as well, I love having just about every video game/song/movie/tv show ever made just a click away, it makes relaxing really fun. I can honestly say my life has been enhanced in so many ways because of the internet.

The downside is equally huge, the internet causes a divisiveness that I have never seen before in my life. People join echo chambers of like minded people and try and pat themselves and their ideas on the back while completely demonizing those who disagree with them. Imagine living your life and believing that people who are not exactly like you are actually the enemy? Pretty horrific, but that is exactly what the internet has led to.

The internet also leads people to constantly seek attention from strangers, but it is meaningless and shallow and so they never feel fulfilled. No amount of views/likes/retweets etc will ever make you feel whole, but people constantly seek these things instead of deeper personal connections that can be made when you get out there and socialize with real people. The fact is that people need people, people need love, compansionship, and many people dont have these real world connections which leads to skyrocketing amounts of depression

The internet has also caused a tremendous spike in people who are either diagnosed/self-diagnosed with anxiety. I imagine the reason is that on the internet so many people act like jerks the average person probably then begins to perceive that people will act like that in real life as well, this causes people to have a tremendous amount of social anxiety, I get it, imagine if people in real life acted the way they do on the net? They don't, people in real life are generally nice and easy to get along with but in the internet generation that is often seen as not the case.

There is more but I have to end it on that note.

What makes you think that the internet caused all this? Could it perhaps be, oh I dunno, the emergence of a widely-viewed infotainment network that tells its viewers that people who think differently than them are causing the downfall of western civilization? What I found sadly hilarious reading your post was that you pretty much described the church community I grew up in, and these are the same types of people who go around blaming the internet for the downfall of society. And when I imagine people acting in real life the way they do on the internet do you know what comes to mind? My Fox News-addicted family members, who actually are tremendous jerks to most people they encounter in real life. Maybe you should open your mind to the possibility that some people are anxious because they actually have interacted with a fair number of real-life assholes. Just because you've had a fairly amiable experience doesn't mean that's necessarily the case for everybody.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2173 Posts

Yep, I agree with what you said about social media being a big factor. It’s really sad. Even though it hasn’t affected me greatly, I feel as if the internet in general has ruined my life to some degree.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17252 Posts

Link?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 warmblur

@tenaka2 said:

Link?

https://www.inquirer.com/health/suicide-rate-highest-mental-health-depression-prevention-20190620.html

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pook99
Member since 2014 • 901 Posts

@theone86:

1. I don't think the internet is the cause of all of it, my first sentence was, there are a lot of causes... I didn't have time to write about all of them but many people mentioned the internet so I thought that would be a good place to start putting in my 2 cents, I wasn't even finished with everything I had to say about the internet but had to stop abruptly because something came up in real life as I was typing.

2. "Could it perhaps be, oh I dunno, the emergence of a widely-viewed infotainment network that tells its viewers that people who think differently than them are causing the downfall of western civilization"

I alluded to this in the first part of my post and certainly agree that the way media distorts peoples perception of others is horrific (as I said in my first paragraph). I certainly would not blame it on any one network though, demonizing those who disagree with you is, unfortunately, the norm for literally every major news outlet as well as many smaller news outlets.

3. "Maybe you should open your mind to the possibility that some people are anxious because they actually have interacted with a fair number of real-life assholes"

I don't know how you would get the perception that I have not interacted with more than my fair share of real life assholes, but I will absolutely stand by the fact that MOST people do not behave in real life the way they do on the internet. Most people in real life are nice, most people are friendly, most people are easy to get along with.

Unfortunately, we tend to hold on to negative experiences far more than we do positive ones. There is a good quote on one of my guidance counselors office that says something like, "Are you having a bad day? Or did you have a bad 5 minutes that you are letting ruin the rest of your day?" Most people can go out in the world and run into an asshole and let it ruin their day/shape their perceptions of humanity in general. The key is to recognize toxic people in your life, eliminate them/disregard them as much as is realistically possible, and seek to meet people who enrich your life.

That is not always easy, in fact it can be very difficult, but it is rewarding, and well worth the effort.

4. "Just because you've had a fairly amiable experience doesn't mean that's necessarily the case for everybody."

Of course everyone has different experiences, but understand that everything that is meaningful in my life I had to work to get. I had to overcome my own social anxiety as well as navigate a whole minefield of other personal issues, in my journey I have ran into some of the worst human beings that you could possibly imagine, but that never stopped me from going out and building meaningful relationships with people.

Along the way I have been hurt more times than you could imagine, but I always remained optimistic, and no matter how difficult things got I never gave up on myself, and always held on to the notion that there were infinite possibilities out there if I was willing to overcome and persist in seeking them.

I'm not going to try and pinpoint one specific reason that people kill themselves so often nowadays, but the fact that we live in a culture that perpetuates victimhood certainly can't help the situation. We all have obstacles in our way but, outside of severe health issues, anything can be overcome. If you believe that, believe in yourself, set small goals for yourself, and remain positive, I believe you can overcome just about anything.

@speeny : How was the internet ruined your life?

@hrt_rulz01: I agree completely. A few weekends ago I went up to a cabin on the lake with a group of friends, no cell phones, just a whole weekend of real human contact. It is so important, but often so overlooked.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19568 Posts

@pook99 said:

@theone86:

1. I don't think the internet is the cause of all of it, my first sentence was, there are a lot of causes... I didn't have time to write about all of them but many people mentioned the internet so I thought that would be a good place to start putting in my 2 cents, I wasn't even finished with everything I had to say about the internet but had to stop abruptly because something came up in real life as I was typing.

2. "Could it perhaps be, oh I dunno, the emergence of a widely-viewed infotainment network that tells its viewers that people who think differently than them are causing the downfall of western civilization"

I alluded to this in the first part of my post and certainly agree that the way media distorts peoples perception of others is horrific (as I said in my first paragraph). I certainly would not blame it on any one network though, demonizing those who disagree with you is, unfortunately, the norm for literally every major news outlet as well as many smaller news outlets.

3. "Maybe you should open your mind to the possibility that some people are anxious because they actually have interacted with a fair number of real-life assholes"

I don't know how you would get the perception that I have not interacted with more than my fair share of real life assholes, but I will absolutely stand by the fact that MOST people do not behave in real life the way they do on the internet. Most people in real life are nice, most people are friendly, most people are easy to get along with.

Unfortunately, we tend to hold on to negative experiences far more than we do positive ones. There is a good quote on one of my guidance counselors office that says something like, "Are you having a bad day? Or did you have a bad 5 minutes that you are letting ruin the rest of your day?" Most people can go out in the world and run into an asshole and let it ruin their day/shape their perceptions of humanity in general. The key is to recognize toxic people in your life, eliminate them/disregard them as much as is realistically possible, and seek to meet people who enrich your life.

That is not always easy, in fact it can be very difficult, but it is rewarding, and well worth the effort.

4. "Just because you've had a fairly amiable experience doesn't mean that's necessarily the case for everybody."

Of course everyone has different experiences, but understand that everything that is meaningful in my life I had to work to get. I had to overcome my own social anxiety as well as navigate a whole minefield of other personal issues, in my journey I have ran into some of the worst human beings that you could possibly imagine, but that never stopped me from going out and building meaningful relationships with people.

Along the way I have been hurt more times than you could imagine, but I always remained optimistic, and no matter how difficult things got I never gave up on myself, and always held on to the notion that there were infinite possibilities out there if I was willing to overcome and persist in seeking them.

I'm not going to try and pinpoint one specific reason that people kill themselves so often nowadays, but the fact that we live in a culture that perpetuates victimhood certainly can't help the situation. We all have obstacles in our way but, outside of severe health issues, anything can be overcome. If you believe that, believe in yourself, set small goals for yourself, and remain positive, I believe you can overcome just about anything.

@hrt_rulz01: I agree completely. A few weekends ago I went up to a cabin on the lake with a group of friends, no cell phones, just a whole weekend of real human contact. It is so important, but often so overlooked.

Absolutely... I worry about the younger generations (and future gens) especially. It seems every generation detaches from nature more and more. Nearly every kid I see now has their heads buried in a phone :(

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 theone86

@pook99 said:

@theone86:

Wow, I can't believe you started talking about victimhood culture in a discussion about suicide. Lack of class confirmed.

If there are a lot of reasons for a spike in suicide rates and the only reason you cite is the internet then it does imply that you think it is among the, if not the, most important factors, and I honestly don't see it as being that important. Furthermore, I think it's extremely easy for people to go around blaming technology. By its very nature it wasn't there in the past, and it's easily misunderstood by people who didn't grow up with it. Most importantly, though, it gives you a sense of control. Even if you can't do away with it, you can go around lecturing people about how they use it. Confronting, say, systemic inequality is a much more daunting task. Much easier to just cluck your tongue at "kids these days."

Yup, sure, it's both sides. I mean, there's really only one side that decided what the world was missing was a propaganda network that went around spreading modern-day McCarthyism, before that everyone was fine with the usual fair and objective reporting that was already in place until the one side decided to come along and ruing it, but sure, it's a both sides kind of thing.

Maybe most people don't behave the same way they do on the internet as they do in real life, but most can be as little as fifty percent plus one. Furthermore, certain groups and communities can have an outsized number of assholes within them. While most people out of the general population behave fine, these groups have more assholes per capita and people who interact with them can have very different experiences than what you experience on a normal day. Don't just assume that it's someone having a bad day or five bad minutes. You don't know what other people go through, so before you go using your own experiences as a baseline and telling other people they're just imagining things maybe you should stop and think about what life is like for people who aren't in your shoes.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 213

#40 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 13935 Posts

The Etika suicide comes to mind. Suicides like these are definitely driven by social media. It's full of so much negativity, hate comments, trolls, online harassment, death threats, rape threats, etc. Some kids just can't deal with it, and resort to suicide.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1183 Posts

@theone86: Wait are you saying the left had fair and objective reporting?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By theone86

@r-gamer: I'm saying the media in general had fair and objective reporting before it started getting distorted by Fox.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By R-Gamer

@theone86: So you realize CNN and MSNBC are every bit as bad as fox but on the other side. They haven't been close to fair and objective.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 theone86

@r-gamer: You do realize I'm talking about pre-Fox media, i.e. not CNN and MSNBC, right?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R-Gamer

@theone86: well CNN started in 1980 while fox news started in 1996. So not sure what you meant.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17252 Posts

Is there a source for this figure?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 theone86

@r-gamer: And CNN has always been considered a centrist site. Even today, when they're far more combative with the Trump administration, non-partisan fact checkers rate them as centrist. They were even more conservative back when they launched in 1980.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R-Gamer

@theone86: Ummm not true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/%3famp

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jeezers  Online
Member since 2007 • 3676 Posts

soft generation

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20061 Posts

Strong men create weak men.

And all the strong men are gone. WW3 when?