Why Do Women Talk/Nag So Much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

First of all, I think this is the 1st topic I created in years. lol

Anyway, it's nothing new to me that women talk/nag a lot. But it just seems it got even worse.

My female neighbor recently talked to me on the phone for seems to be for 6 hours. In that time I contributed about 2mins of the conversation. 98% of the conversation was about the drama that I already heard before.

Anybody dealing with a talkative/nagging women currently?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Most of the people (80-90%) I work with are women. It's very true that they like to talk a lot. I've had jobs where it was all men (moving company), and sure we like to talk too, but it doesn't compare to women lol. I dunno, I've had to put out fires from the shit they start, whether it's starting rumours or dealing with toxic attitudes because someone didn't look at the other one the right way. I know it's stereotypical but it's shit I've experienced. All in all I don't mind because I don't like to talk much. I let them do the talking and I zone them out and do my job.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Women’s brains have higher levels of a “language protein” called FOXP2, according to a study conducted by researchers at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.

https://www.today.com/health/chatty-cathy-listen-new-study-reveals-why-women-talk-more-1C8469360

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@PSP107: Did your school not teach you not to make generalisations and stereotypes?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Most of the people (80-90%) I work with are women. It's very true that they like to talk a lot. I've had jobs where it was all men (moving company), and sure we like to talk too, but it doesn't compare to women lol. I dunno, I've had to put out fires from the shit they start, whether it's starting rumours or dealing with toxic attitudes because someone didn't look at the other one the right way. I know it's stereotypical but it's shit I've experienced. All in all I don't mind because I don't like to talk much. I let them do the talking and I zone them out and do my job.

I am working with mostly women as well. My experience from work is that they talk mostly about work and nothing else. Though it could be department divided here, as other another department at work has from my impression much more stereotypical atmosphere for a department with mostly women.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I don't know, they never talk to me. :(

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#7 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

I know women talk a whole lot more then men,but to say there is an increase? I wouldn't know anything about that,but I like being around women more a whole lot more then guys. I relate to women much better, and no I'm not gay, I find women much easier to deal with then guys. I work with maybe a 60/40 scale men favor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec561f06de43
deactivated-5ec561f06de43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By deactivated-5ec561f06de43
Member since 2020 • 111 Posts

Honestly I prefer working with women than men, they're less bitchy (ironic?).

I don't really like talking all that much, so if the other party wants to speak, I am fine with that.

It might just be the profession I am in, we get a lot of "artists" and primadonnas.

@kadin_kai said:

@PSP107: Did your school not teach you not to make generalisations and stereotypes?

Eh, overall I agree with your sentiment, but at the same time if it quacks like a duck, as they say...

I think we just need to add "In my personal experience..." prior to any generalization hahaha, that way people won't think you're generalizing but just making a personal observation.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

This is why I date men, even though I'm open sexually. All the girlfriends I've had annoy the hell out of me. The just talk too much, always asked for a lot. Relationship was such a hassle. Guys just are guys.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@kadin_kai: @jangles:

I don't think I generalised here as I asked a question while given a personal situation.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts
@kadin_kai said:

There have been studies by researchers that explain that men to be more violent and more likely to die than women. Those are stereotypes but are considered facts because there has been numerous studies about that.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus

@horgen said:

I am working with mostly women as well. My experience from work is that they talk mostly about work and nothing else. Though it could be department divided here, as other another department at work has from my impression much more stereotypical atmosphere for a department with mostly women.

I wouldn't mind that. In my experience they talk about other employees, behind their backs. I just keep my mouth shut. Makes me wonder (just a bit) what they say about me when I'm not there.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kadin_Kai

@watercrack445 said:
@kadin_kai said:

There have been studies by researchers that explain that men to be more violent and more likely to die than women. Those are stereotypes but are considered facts because there has been numerous studies about that.

There have literally been thousands of studies showing stereotypes and generalisations cause discrimination and hatred across society.

It is stereotypes that have caused humanity to plummet into some of our deepest and darkest moments in history.

Did you say, “men more like to die than women?“ Sorry to break it to you, we all die!

More specifically, using your neighbour as an example and asking the question, “why women talk/nag so much,” is clearly a generalisation. You’re using this one example to claim women (plural) talk and nag.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@horgen said:

I wouldn't mind that. In my experience they talk about other employees, behind their backs. I just keep my mouth shut. Makes me wonder (just a bit) what they say about me when I'm not there.

I've worked with guys that do that....

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SOedipus

@LJS9502_basic said:
@SOedipus said:
@horgen said:

I've worked with guys that do that....

Same. Just didn't experience it as often.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@kadin_kai: well, if there was study about who is mostly likely to talk a lot then it wouldn't be a generalisation anymore. Also, everybody uses stereotypes and generalisations. It is part of human nature. Here, I will give an example " all fishes are dumb" that is not true. Dolphins are fish and they are not dumb. Also, acording to evolution fishes are not dumb instead they are developmentally delayed.

Here is another example "poop smells bad?" Wrong. The smell is objective. Most people may not like it but there are a select few that may like it especially animals.

Unless you like poop? If yes, than that example not be the best example. But you get the idea people generalise the smallest things. Men generalise women and women generalise men. It's been going on since centuries.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kadin_Kai

@watercrack445 said:

@kadin_kai: well, if there was study about who is mostly likely to talk a lot then it wouldn't be a generalisation anymore. Also, everybody uses stereotypes and generalisations. It is part of human nature. Here, I will give an example " all fishes are dumb" that is not true. Dolphins are fish and they are not dumb. Also, acording to evolution fishes are not dumb instead they are developmentally delayed.

Here is another example "poop smells bad?" Wrong. The smell is objective. Most people may not like it but there are a select few that may like it especially animals.

Unless you like poop? If yes, than that example not be the best example. But you get the idea people generalise the smallest things. Men generalise women and women generalise men. It's been going on since centuries.

1. If you think implying women nag and talk too much isn't a stereotype or a generalisation you don't understand.

2. Dolphins are NOT FISH! They're MAMMALS! They have lungs not gills! Hahaha

3. Using 'Poop smells bad,' is stupid. If it is not clear that the conversation regards human behaviour then seriously, 'get with the programme.'

Again DOLPHINS ARE NOT FISH!!!!!!!!!!

JustOneGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 JustOneGun
Member since 2017 • 35 Posts

Thank you. This was nice.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

As an introvert, I'd prefer be friends with or/and date a talkative woman than a quiet one.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26086 Posts

You talked with an extrovert. There are introvert women out there too.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

In relationships, women tend to be called nags if their partner has major character or social flaws like drinking or being lazy. Regardless of who’s the provider, women work just as many hours throughout the day so when the husband gets home and wants to be served, his wife likely worked just as hard for, most likely, less money. I’m not saying there’s a gender pay gap (because there isn’t) as women pick different careers than men.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I realize a large generalization, but I find women to be more emotionally driven, whereas men tend to be very utilitarian in their thinking. For women it’s more the journey, for men it’s the destination. Women like to chat for the chat itself, men tend to do so in the goal of getting something done.

Exceptions obviously, but I think it’s mostly a truism.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Men and women are wired differently, in general. Women are better communicators and better at language, where as men are more goal-oriented.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

don't think do and you get attention

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

My girlfriend does the complete opposite. She's pretty introverted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

My wife talks really less.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Wow, admin not locking this sexist drivel?

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Where I work it's all women, no men at all. Most of them aren't overly talkative or naggy at all but one thing I will say is that men have no secrets. They will talk about their men and are not often shy about going into more private details. Really surprised me when I first started because I've always been pretty introverted myself and with my previous job being more male dominated, most people kept their private lives to themselves beyond general small talk... Or perhaps that was just around me?

There's only really one lady where I work who talks and complains about everything and everyone all the time. She's good at her job which I suspect is the only reason she's kept around cause she's frequently at the center of any drama that's going on at any one time.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

Wow, admin not locking this sexist drivel?

Agreed. This has gone on long enough.