Why do we have to be respectful in court?

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
in the video when the girl said adios and the judge acted on it, that was his mistake, he is not fit to be a judge.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
in the video when the girl said adios and the judge acted on it, that was his mistake, he is not fit to be a judge.dragonmaster64
why
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]in the video when the girl said adios and the judge acted on it, that was his mistake, he is not fit to be a judge.pie-junior
why

if you cant see it then clearly there is an intellectual barrier in this conversation.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]in the video when the girl said adios and the judge acted on it, that was his mistake, he is not fit to be a judge.dragonmaster64
why

if you cant see it then clearly there is an intellectual barrier in this conversation.

An intellectual barrier in the form of you not managing to articulate your reasons, like, at all? well yea but I am a patient guy. right now.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]in the video when the girl said adios and the judge acted on it, that was his mistake, he is not fit to be a judge.dragonmaster64
why

rofl, while I agree that the judge is a c*nt, be careful with the fights you pick
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

why

If I was a kid getting a right telling off by my dad for being a little sh!t, and just started laughing, the chances are he's going to give me a right fuking hiding and I'd be careful about doing the same thing again. She acted like a kid - the judge treated her like one, with the hope that outcome to the above will be the same. If the judge's role is to instill a sense of remorse and ensure individuals don't reoffend then his response may be justified. Whether or not punishment actually works though is for another thread. But anyway. Heyho.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#107 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Is this in refernce to that girl who gave the judge the middle finger and got 90 days in jail?

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="pie-junior"] why

An intellectual barrier in the form of you not managing to articulate your reasons, like, at all? well yea but I am a patient guy. right now.

yea good luck with that.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Because there's this thing called contempt of court

BlackHawk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BlackHawk340
Member since 2006 • 4418 Posts

[QUOTE="BlackHawk340"]

Punishments should be decided on what and how bad the crime was not on how someone acts in court.
The fact the judge punished the girl for how she acts made it clear hes not fit to be judge anymore.

They should always be neutral even if the person in the stands is a total douche.

ad1x2

Going by that theory you should make no effort to dress up or be respectful during a job interview since your credentials should speak for itself.

2 things that have nothing in common, the judge doesnt have to hire this girl to stand and represent his company.

BUT not hiring someone by their looks is forbidden by law, they usually make up soem excuse  because its uncontitutional to decline someone on their looks.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#111 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
You should be respectful everywhere.. it's just some people are rude and don't know what respect is.
BlackHawk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BlackHawk340
Member since 2006 • 4418 Posts

Also if you where in court for robbing soemone.

You know you are innocent but prosecutor keep pushing, you lose your temper "I did not fkn do it!" can happen to any man is a tight spot.
Or this when you get arrested, "I didnt fkn do anything!"

Later that day video is released and sure enough youa re innocent, but but but because you lost your temper the judge still confies you to 30 days of cell because nothing, he didnt like you.

Do you think thats fair? Being judged for something outside of what you re in for.

Well he didnt commit the murder but I dotn like his shoelaces, 5 months of detention!

Hard to explain english is not my primary language :D

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#113 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] justice should be the law void of emotions..etc. If you believe in God in a sense easier to explain as God is the true judge, and justice stems from him.

lol
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#114 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] justice should be the law void of emotions..etc. If you believe in God in a sense easier to explain as God is the true judge, and justice stems from him.

lol

Gifs in your sig are exciting @_@.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I never understood why we have to be respectful in court. like noone enforces you to be respectful in public but when in court its a whole different story. this judge is just a human, he is not God. so i dont understand.

I am also a believer in God, and his teaching "Have mercy on others so God may have mercy on you" I watched alot of judge videos (pretty much the unfair ones that OT posts) where they give harsh judgements and is unfair.

so what do you think?

EDIT: You are all mis understanding my point, what im really saying is that it seems whether your respectful or not affects your sentence. When justice should just be justice no emotions, sentiments anything...

i am reffering to that video where she particularly said adios, then he raised her sentence. There should be nothing nothing wrong with that.

dragonmaster64

+1

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="nooblet69"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] justice should be the law void of emotions..etc. If you believe in God in a sense easier to explain as God is the true judge, and justice stems from him.

lol

Gifs in your sig are exciting @_@.

That's the idea ;D
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#117 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
You could have asked this question in the thread about where you got the idea to ask in the first place. But to answer your question. If you're suspected of doing something, why would you not be anything but respectful and hope to convince the judge to lessen or nullify the sentence. Does that even need some explanation? DevilMightCry
But what if you really are innocent? It's not easy to be patient when you're accused of something you didn't do.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

[QUOTE="ad1x2"][QUOTE="BlackHawk340"]

Punishments should be decided on what and how bad the crime was not on how someone acts in court.
The fact the judge punished the girl for how she acts made it clear hes not fit to be judge anymore.

They should always be neutral even if the person in the stands is a total douche.

BlackHawk340

Going by that theory you should make no effort to dress up or be respectful during a job interview since your credentials should speak for itself.

2 things that have nothing in common, the judge doesnt have to hire this girl to stand and represent his company.

BUT not hiring someone by their looks is forbidden by law, they usually make up soem excuse  because its uncontitutional to decline someone on their looks.

No it's not forbidden by law to get appearance into the equation. You cannot discriminate under law certain protected classes and use that as the determinate. But nothing in the law says I have to hire you when you come in dirty to a job interview. Nor do I have to hire you if you appear as a dishonest individual to me.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

OP I see you are a level 53..but that dont mean you are an adult..OR even a respectful adult..so im going to say you are under 30 prob under 25..MOST young people feel they dont have to be respectful to anyone anywhere anymore..its called respect..and actually when the judges tells you to be respectful its the law at that point...dont listen and get thrown in jail,fined,ect..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LJS9502_basic

OP I see you are a level 53..but that dont mean you are an adult..OR even a respectful adult..so im going to say you are under 30 prob under 25..MOST young people feel they dont have to be respectful to anyone anywhere anymore..its called respect..and actually when the judges tells you to be respectful its the law at that point...dont listen and get thrown in jail,fined,ect..

VanDammFan
Something they should learn.....respect the position.....not the man. So while you might run into someone with authority that is a total tool.....his position will still demand respect....particularly if he can hire/fire, arrest/fine you etc.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 dragonmaster64

VanDammFan
i stopped reading when i read this. " I see you are a level 53..but that dont mean you are an adult" please leave your stupidity at home.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

dragonmaster64
i stopped reading when i read this. " I see you are a level 53..but that dont mean you are an adult" please leave your stupidity at home.

It was a bizarre thing to bring up.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 dave123321
[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

LJS9502_basic
Something they should learn.....respect the position.....not the man. So while you might run into someone with authority that is a total tool.....his position will still demand respect....particularly if he can hire/fire, arrest/fine you etc.

Mhm I agree. You have to go along with stuff that you may not like. My original thoughts
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

LJS9502_basic

as you said in another thread....respect is earned. As often very few in these positions deserve respect because they dont exhibit it themselves. Many of them feel entitled and often abuse that position....so whats a guy to do in that sitution...just bow down? 

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

bnarmz

as you said in another thread....respect is earned. As often very few in these positions deserve respect because they dont exhibit it themselves. Many of them feel entitled and often abuse that position....so whats a guy to do in that sitution...just bow down? 

It is a court of law, it does not need to earn your respect.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

bnarmz

You confuse the individual with the position. Totally different dude....

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

actually, there are ways to get a judge fired if they dont respect you or your rights. people have more power than they show because most of them don't relize that the system is there to serve us not serve the system. No one owns anyone nor does anyone in the court has the right to treat you anyway they want.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 LJS9502_basic

actually, there are ways to get a judge fired if they dont respect you or your rights. people have more power than they show because most of them don't relize that the system is there to serve us not serve the system. No one owns anyone nor does anyone in the court has the right to treat you anyway they want.

bnarmz
Nor can an individual act disrespectfully in court.....
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#132 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

dragonmaster64

No, you mean you stopped understanding when you tried to read that

Then you went off on another "fire bad!" rant

How old are you? I'm not even sure you can be posting here because there's an age 13 requirement and your questions are revealing that you're much younger.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="BlackHawk340"]

thegerg

"The fact the judge punished the girl for how she acts made it clear hes not fit to be judge anymore."

That's the dumbest thing I've ver heard. If someone acts in vilation of the law, why should they not be punished?

when she said "adios" that wasnt vilation of the law.... he simply got emotionlly and wanted to excercise his power.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="thegerg"]

[QUOTE="BlackHawk340"]

dragonmaster64

"The fact the judge punished the girl for how she acts made it clear hes not fit to be judge anymore."

That's the dumbest thing I've ver heard. If someone acts in vilation of the law, why should they not be punished?

when she said "adios" that wasnt vilation of the law.... he simply got emotionlly and wanted to excercise his power.

Grow up. She was disrespectful during the entire interview. Not sure why she didn't have an attorney with her....but she was no innocent. Judges don't take crap. So what.
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
This thread is sooo facepalm-y ;s
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
SO your not held in contempt or given a far harsher penalty? Are people this stupid or dense? This is the same reason why your respectful of your boss, landlord etc etc.. Because they can dump your ass if your not.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] lol grow up? are you retarded? dragonmaster64
How old are you?

just know that im qualified.

:roll:

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

This thread is sooo facepalm-y ;sFMAB_GTO

It is pretty awful, its up there with 'Why CAN'T I put my face next to the hungry lions jaws?'

I mean you can if you like, just don't be surprised if it gets eaten.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 dave123321
This thread is sooo facepalm-y ;sFMAB_GTO
mhm I agree. Lots of silliness.
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

i think everyones missing the main point of the thread or didnt understand the main point.dragonmaster64

Quoted for truth, I think it sort of those who are in favor of the status quo because it is convenient.  

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts

[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"]This thread is sooo facepalm-y ;stenaka2

It is pretty awful, its up there with 'Why CAN'T I put my face next to the hungry lions jaws?'

I mean you can if you like, just don't be surprised if it gets eaten.

*giggles*
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 dave123321

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]i think everyones missing the main point of the thread or didnt understand the main point.mahlasor

Quoted for truth, I think it sort of those who are in favor of the status quo because it is convenient.  

What was the main point of this thread anyway?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="dave123321"] How old are you?

just know that im qualified.

To graduate middle school this year?
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]i think everyones missing the main point of the thread or didnt understand the main point.mahlasor

i think so
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]i think everyones missing the main point of the thread or didnt understand the main point.dave123321

What was the main point of this thread anyway?

i guess the main point was that justice is justice and should never be swayed by emotions or sentiments.