why do the british hate the americans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bomberkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bomberkid100
Member since 2004 • 841 Posts
Im canadian but i notice a lot of american hate coming from the british on all forums and xbox live.
kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts

because of their accents >_> i can't understand a word of what those guys are saying!

Markpwns12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Markpwns12
Member since 2006 • 860 Posts
Becuase they think there better...and they dont like pb&j and i cannot talk to any who likes pb&j..>:(
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
We get that from Americans too you know.
Dasc00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Dasc00
Member since 2006 • 4308 Posts
Who cares. Everyone loves Canadians, and thats all that matters.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
I hate to stereotype, but quite a few british people ive met come off as a bit snobbish...  
videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts
Because their serial killers do not compare to ours. 
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
Im english and i love americans..
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts
Because we hate the Brittish. Honestly watching BBC is enough to kill me. I hated L4yer Cake to death because of the stupid sounding accents...They all just sound stupid and should stop with it.... That new Lily Allen song is half alright, but her stupid Brittish accent makes me hope she falls off a cliff..... With freaking "telly" or like "Let us go haves some tay (tea) mate" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Def_Jef88
TallicaFan2005
  i really hope your kiding....
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TallicaFan2005
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]Def_Jef88

Not so much...I'm not saying they are bad people and I would hope no one takes offense but the British accent is the worst thing in the world.... I'd have it right over the Tennessee / Arkansas accent as the worst... I just can't stand it at all...
videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 videogamer456
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]Def_Jef88

I just hope he is kidding about L4yer cake because I thought that movie was pretty damn cool. And when I watch something like the CBC I always love it, but that is probably because I spent a lot of time in Canada and grew to love that country. I never really watched the BBC, so I couldn't say if it was boring or not.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]TallicaFan2005

Not so much...I'm not saying they are bad people and I would hope no one takes offense but the British accent is the worst thing in the world.... I'd have it right over the Tennessee / Arkansas accent as the worst... I just can't stand it at all...

British accents rule....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iJ-6xGaETHQ
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TallicaFan2005
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]Def_Jef88

British accents rule....

Australian accent > British accent.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]TallicaFan2005

British accents rule....

no
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TallicaFan2005
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]Def_Jef88

British accents rule....

no

Oh come on you know the Australian surfer dude voice is the coolest thing in the world mate :P
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]TallicaFan2005

British accents rule....

no

Oh come on you know the Australian surfer dude voice is the coolest thing in the world mate :P

no... its not.  Listening to steve irwin talk makes me want to cut myself....
videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 videogamer456
[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]Def_Jef88

British accents rule....

no

no... its not. Listening to steve irwin talk makes me want to cut myself....

Well, luckily for you, you don't have to listen to him talk anymore.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]videogamer456

British accents rule....

no

no... its not. Listening to steve irwin talk makes me want to cut myself....

Well, luckily for you, you don't have to listen to him talk anymore.

good point....
Mercury88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mercury88
Member since 2005 • 5674 Posts

We don't....

And about the accent things, that's just stupid the UK has a variety of different accents we don't all sound the same. For example listen to a Birmingham accent and a Liverpool accent they are completely different....

videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 videogamer456

We don't....

And about the accent things, that's just stupid the UK has a variety of different accents we don't all sound the same. For example listen to a Birmingham accent and a Liverpool accent they are completely different....

Mercury88
I think there is somewhat of a point to the accent thing, but everyone has an accent to someone. Did you watch that Barcelona-Liverpool game yesterday? Some of the guys have really think accents (at least on ESPN who do the broadcast). And when I watch a British gangster movie or any British movie sometimes we need to put sub-titles on because the accents are too thick. Like when I watch some of Guy Richies movies, it is hard to understand some of them.

Oh and that was a fun football game to watch yesterday.
Mercury88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mercury88
[QUOTE="Mercury88"]

We don't....

And about the accent things, that's just stupid the UK has a variety of different accents we don't all sound the same. For example listen to a Birmingham accent and a Liverpool accent they are completely different....

videogamer456
I think there is somewhat of a point to the accent thing, but everyone has an accent to someone. Did you watch that Barcelona-Liverpool game yesterday? Some of the guys have really think accents (at least on ESPN who do the broadcast). And when I watch a British gangster movie or any British movie sometimes we need to put sub-titles on because the accents are too thick. Like when I watch some of Guy Richies movies, it is hard to understand some of them.

Oh and that was a fun football game to watch yesterday.

Yeah, I did watch it....why didn't Barca knock Liverpool out :cry:, I don't find british accents that thick but that's cause I've got used to them.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I dont hate americans. I hate the stereotypes you have of us though. I only hate americans if they happen to fall into other groups of people I dont like...
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bourbons3
Because their serial killers do not compare to ours. videogamer456
Not that it is a good thing, but the biggest serial killer ever was British. And we had Jack the Ripper.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bourbons3
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]TallicaFan2005

There is no one british accent, thats the point. And Im sure lots of people cant stand american accents.
Avatar image for steeeeeeveperry
steeeeeeveperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 steeeeeeveperry
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
Ok stop right there tallicafan.. If ur going to say these sorta things at least say "English accent."

I come from Inverness in Scotland and its been voted the #1 place in the world that has the best grasp of the English language i.e less colloquialisms.

I do not appreciate being regarded as British when you're clearly just talking about the English.

Don't drag us innocent scottish into the equation just because u can't stand the English and their tea-drinking, crumpet eating, mate-calling, snob-speaking ways.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bourbons3
Ok stop right there tallicafan.. If ur going to say these sorta things at least say "English accent."

I come from Inverness in Scotland and its been voted the #1 place in the world that has the best grasp of the English language i.e less colloquialisms.

I do not appreciate being regarded as British when you're clearly just talking about the English.

Don't drag us innocent scottish into the equation just because u can't stand the English and their tea-drinking, crumpet eating, mate-calling, snob-speaking ways.
steeeeeeveperry
Another Scottish nationalist? Im sure if he cant stand the cockney accent, scottish accents arent going to be in his good books either...
Mr_RockMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 Mr_RockMan
Member since 2004 • 4632 Posts

Who knows.

But after taking a long look at the state of America in this day and age and I can't really think of a reason why anybody wouldn't hate us.

America sucks.

ShaunoNoNo_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShaunoNoNo_UK
Member since 2004 • 18859 Posts
Possibly because of all the stereotypical flak that we receive from such posts as those above (not mentioning names). I'm not keen on most American accents but I'm not going disparage the people because of their way of speaking.
Avatar image for steeeeeeveperry
steeeeeeveperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 steeeeeeveperry
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

[QUOTE="steeeeeeveperry"]Ok stop right there tallicafan.. If ur going to say these sorta things at least say "English accent."

Bourbons3
Another Scottish nationalist? Im sure if he cant stand the cockney accent, scottish accents arent going to be in his good books either...

And you base this on what? Having watched Braveheart? haha. Thanks but I'll respect your opinion when you actually know what you're talking about.
Mercury88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mercury88
[QUOTE="steeeeeeveperry"]Ok stop right there tallicafan.. If ur going to say these sorta things at least say "English accent."

Bourbons3

Aren't you being snobbish with that post looking down on the English? And there isn't an "english accent" the accent varies throughout England......and I'm saying that as a welshman.
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TallicaFan2005

steeeeeeveperry
I like Scottish accents I think...Is that like the guy who does commentary on Tiger Woods 06? :P I just call a British accent like the accents on BBC and L4yer Cake...By that I mean that.....If you don't sound like that then I don't care.
No_Im_Not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 No_Im_Not
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
Welsh accents are the best though isn't it boyo?

Being from the 'diff I got me a proper welsh one
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#34 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I'm British, and when I was on XBOX Live I thought we were an embarrassment, from what I heard. I can't say Britain was well represented, put it that way.
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TallicaFan2005
I'm British, and when I was on XBOX Live I thought we were an embarrassment, from what I heard. I can't say Britain was well represented, put it that way.SolidSnake35
No one on Xbox Live is well represented. I don't have broadband so cant' have Live, but I've played Halo on Live at my cousins house (on a 360) and those kids are just pathetic. Heck the kids were acting idiotic even when I played on Christmas Day (I don't believe in Xmas but still it is a day for good behavior and family I think).
Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Loonie
Member since 2003 • 3455 Posts
Becuase they think there better...and they dont like pb&j and i cannot talk to any who likes pb&j..>:(Markpwns12
Whats pb&j? And the answer to the topic question is because pretty much everyone here hates george bush and thinks he is retarded, so americans must be retarded for electing him... twice.
SonnyF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SonnyF
Member since 2005 • 1645 Posts
[QUOTE="Markpwns12"]Becuase they think there better...and they dont like pb&j and i cannot talk to any who likes pb&j..>:(Loonie
Whats pb&j? And the answer to the topic question is because pretty much everyone here hates george bush and thinks he is retarded, so americans must be retarded for electing him... twice.

peanut butter and jelly, i guess.