Why do so many young men

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

end up being mass murderes in the U.S? Seriously now.. let's kick away the gun debate.. and discuss something different.. The majority of mass shooting are young men.. aged between 17 and 35.. I see people complaining about guns..the type of guns. ... ect.. but nobody talks about the pattern that repeats generally over and over.. Young men, usually almost always in their 20's .. that cause rampage.

So, OT. Why do you think it is that young men are snapping so much in the U.S.. are we doing something wrong as a society towards young men... Or is it just a phase that will pass or something else? Or something else?

- discuss.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Same reason men are disproportionately incarcerated: A higher propensity for violence.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
its because of the gay marriage in my opinion
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Lipscomb
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

how come to mainlly men and hardly females though?
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

Women turn to sex ... I'm guessing.
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

so many? ever heard of crime to population ratio?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts

Some have mental illness... some are sadistic and suicidal.  They have a dark fantasy to go out in a blaze of anti-hero glory.  Most are on the fringe of society and obsess over previous shootings and death.  It's a rare circle to be a mass shooter/serial killer and they choose to join that list of names Judas on down.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
because of atheism
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Sexual repression.
thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts
[QUOTE="carnfghj"]its because of the gay marriage in my opinion

lol
because of atheismhippiesanta
lol I want to make sure you guy's are joking right.?
C_Glass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 C_Glass
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

dat angst

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I blame ponies.

Iszdope

dont say that man

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

I blame ponies.

sukraj

dont say that man

I also think it is the ponies.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Males are naturally more violent. Testosterone probably plays a big role. Males are the more violent and aggressive sex in any species, including humans. 

3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts
Because women mess with our heads man.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
I blame the females. Those killers didnt get any attention from girls. Thats one major factor thats always over looked. So ladies, stop being stuck up b*tches and turn guys down so much. You might be the cause of the next killer.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

There are actually very few young men that become mass killers.  They are just sensationalized when they happen, like shark attacks.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Lipscomb

There are actually very few young men that become mass killers. They are just sensationalized when they happen, like shark attacks.

sonicare

I guess I should have rephrased.. Why do mainly young men commit murder.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

There are actually very few young men that become mass killers. They are just sensationalized when they happen, like shark attacks.

InEMplease

I guess I should have rephrased.. Why do so many young men commit murder.

Equally incorrect.  You need to omit "many".

Ok.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="InEMplease"]

Equally incorrect.  You need to omit "many".

InEMplease

Ok.

Simply because mass murderers relatively rare.  A better question what creates a mass murderer.

Yes, you are right. Let's discuss that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

The_Lipscomb

I guess I should have rephrased.. Why do mainly young men commit murder.

I think it has to do with genetics and hormones. Men have higher levels of testosterone and that strongly correlates with aggressive behavior.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

end up being mass murderes in the U.S? Seriously now.. let's kick away the gun debate.. and discuss something different.. The majority of mass shooting are young men.. aged between 17 and 35.. I see people complaining about guns..the type of guns. ... ect.. but nobody talks about the pattern that repeats generally over and over.. Young men, usually almost always in their 20's .. that cause rampage.

So, OT. Why do you think it is that young men are snapping so much in the U.S.. are we doing something wrong as a society towards young men... Or is it just a phase that will pass or something else? Or something else?

- discuss.

The_Lipscomb

.. Your talking about literally a handful of people in a pool that is 10's of millions.. 

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

- discuss.

sSubZerOo

.. Your talking about literally a handful of people in a pool that is 10's of millions.. 

Yes, you are right, I understand that now. Thank you. Goodbye.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I think it's all the sexual frustration at that age.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Lipscomb
I think it's all the sexual frustration at that age.Fightingfan
We do live in a society where young men are told to be tough about their emotions. So a lot of times they never get help or say anything, and just keep it bottle up inside till they explose. Also, we have this weird standard where girls will pretty much never approach a guy if he doesn't make the first move. Combine that with a male who has social anxiety, deep emotional problems, and sexual frustration.. Makes sense.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
And it's usually a white male involved in mass shooting
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Because

yolo-final.jpg%3Fw%3D400

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Lipscomb

Because

yolo-final.jpg%3Fw%3D400

GOGOGOGURT
No.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

Because

yolo-final.jpg%3Fw%3D400

The_Lipscomb

No.

iT'S SO TRUE. They hear yolo on a song and shoot up a school.  Makes sense.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

Because

yolo-final.jpg%3Fw%3D400

GOGOGOGURT

No.

iT'S SO TRUE. They hear yolo on a song and shoot up a school.  Makes sense.

No.
DirigiblePlums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DirigiblePlums
Member since 2013 • 142 Posts
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

I am socially awkward, feel depressed occasionally, and have intense anger bouts. But I dissipate that chaos with positive external activities.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

because it's funny.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
[QUOTE="DirigiblePlums"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

I am socially awkward, feel depressed occasionally, and have intense anger bouts. But I dissipate that chaos with positive external activities.

lol u r an idiot, u could have just been shooting people this whole time seriously think of all the time you've wasted not killing people
DirigiblePlums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DirigiblePlums
Member since 2013 • 142 Posts
[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"][QUOTE="DirigiblePlums"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

lol u r an idiot, u could have just been shooting people this whole time seriously think of all the time you've wasted not killing people

I guess moydah, just ain't in my vocabulary, darling.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
It's obviously because of contraceptions.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Same reason men are disproportionately incarcerated: A higher propensity for violence.

XaosII
One damn reply...One for this to show up.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

BS gender roles. Boys are raised around violence and the idea violence is manly. Girls don't get this most of the time.
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

[QUOTE="DirigiblePlums"][QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"] lol u r an idiot, u could have just been shooting people this whole time seriously think of all the time you've wasted not killing peopleMkavanaugh77

I guess moydah, just ain't in my vocabulary, darling.

Join a gym and start lifting weights and doiong crdio on a regular basis.

I had major anxiety when I was  younger and it dissaperead complety by me working out 5 days a week  ever week.

Working out and doing cardio just ups your mood and makes you feel great.

This. I had such bad anxiety that I wouldnt leave my house. When I was 18 I was a 300 pound fatty. Then I was forced to move, got a job, and started hitting the gym. Now I look great and have no anxiety. Except with girls sometimes.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

It's because of video games, violent video games are making these people go out and kill.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="carnfghj"]its because of the gay marriage in my opinion    thelordofpies
lol
because of atheismhippiesanta
lol I want to make sure you guy's are joking right.?

hippie is the village dunce