why do people only start listening to an artists music when theyre dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HarryOsborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HarryOsborn
Member since 2012 • 339 Posts

why do people start bandwagoning an artist when the die? in the top played zune playlist all i see is beastie boys. buddy if that guy never died u wouldnt give two shiits about his music. same with michael jackson and that amy swisherhouse chick

Avatar image for deactivated-590595a6292ce
deactivated-590595a6292ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-590595a6292ce
Member since 2008 • 5080 Posts

Just to troll you...

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

why do people start bandwagoning an artist when the die? in the top played zune playlist all i see is beastie boys. buddy if that guy never died u wouldnt give two shiits about his music. same with michael jackson and that amy swisherhouse chick

HarryOsborn
I was not aware that young people were the only people that mattered. Anyhow I'd say that it is because young people are sheep and follow trends. That and Amy Winehouse didn't make music. She made noise. Drug induced noise.
CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CreepingDeath_
Member since 2007 • 3342 Posts
Death = publicity.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I've actually had Beastie Boys greatest hits in my car CD player for the past month or so.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Why do paintings go up in value when the artist dies? People want to appreciate something they missed out on.
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CreasianDevaili
Why do paintings go up in value when the artist dies? People want to appreciate something they missed out on.Zeviander
So when Ja Rule dies, you think he will back on top?
HarryOsborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HarryOsborn
Member since 2012 • 339 Posts

I've actually had Beastie Boys greatest hits in my car CD player for the past month or so.

Guybrush_3
see that means ur cool. im cool because all i played on rockband 1 when it came out was beastie boys, nikva made several threads about the beastie boys. so far we're the only people who are in the cool list.
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
SOME people. I always liked Michael Jackson, people just like to go back in remembrance.
M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Same thing happened to Michael Jackson when he died. His albums started flying off the shelfs at BestBuy and that was just brick and mortar store.

Khan933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Khan933
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

HarryOsborn

see that means ur cool. im cool because all i played on rockband 1 when it came out was beastie boys, nikva made several threads about the beastie boys. so far we're the only people who are in the cool list.

>.< I would of thought that Norman would of raised you to not be a damned hipster Osborn.

..... Had to do it.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

[QUOTE="HarryOsborn"]

CreasianDevaili

I was not aware that young people were the only people that mattered. Anyhow I'd say that it is because young people are sheep and follow trends. That and Amy Winehouse didn't make music. She made noise. Drug induced noise.

I've never read more rubbish in my life. Amy had her problems sure, but her music was of top notch quality.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="HarryOsborn"]

Shottayouth13-

I've never read more rubbish in my life. Amy had her problems sure, but her music was of top notch quality.

She was amazing and has inspired a lot of current artists.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="HarryOsborn"]

Eh. Amy Winehouse + William Hung = perfect duet?
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shottayouth13-
[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"] I was not aware that young people were the only people that mattered. Anyhow I'd say that it is because young people are sheep and follow trends. That and Amy Winehouse didn't make music. She made noise. Drug induced noise.CreasianDevaili

Eh. Amy Winehouse + William Hung = perfect duet?

>_>
Bozuruzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bozuruzo
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts

Maybe beacuse they want to know great this person was beacuse they never had a chance to litsen to this person before

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shottayouth13-

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"] I was not aware that young people were the only people that mattered. Anyhow I'd say that it is because young people are sheep and follow trends. That and Amy Winehouse didn't make music. She made noise. Drug induced noise.tenaka2

Amazing yes but I doubt she inspired much. Appreciate the sarcasm by the way.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

They don't.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Well Bach died about 262 years ago so it'd been hard for me to listen to him when he was alive.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]

Shottayouth13-

Amazing yes but I doubt she inspired much. Appreciate the sarcasm by the way.

Adele Says Amy Winehouse 'Paved The Way For Artists Like Me'

'Rolling in the Deep' singer writes about being inspired by Winehouse.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Really TC?

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

HarryOsborn

Millions of people were listening to MJ LONG before he passed. Can't speak on the other people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178862 Posts
No clue. MJs career was dead but when he died all the crap resurfaced including people shouting how wonderful he was. Meh.......he had his day for those that like pop. But contrary to his ego...he wasn't the king of pop.