Why do people have "baby on board" bumper stickers?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Riverwolf007 (26023 posts) -

I don't know why they do that.  All it does is let potential kidnappers know that their next victim may be in that car.  I think that most attempts to "personalize" family vehicles are terrible ideas.  People driving around with their family's last name emblazened on the back window, right next to little stick figures that represent the members of their family.  Look below and you see a bumper sticker telling everyone where their child goes to school.  Great idea.  :?

hartsickdiscipl

depends on which one you use.

th?id=H.4853966771062461&pid=15.1

#52 Posted by Monkey_N1nga (595 posts) -
babies are more vulnerable
#53 Posted by Ricardomz (2715 posts) -

So that the other drivers can be aware that is a child in the car, therefore trying to make it safer.

#54 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -
Another cheery thread from mingmao
#55 Posted by Slow_Show (2018 posts) -

Because you just can't write a catchy barbershop song about Al Capone's vault.

#56 Posted by dave123321 (35391 posts) -
Who cares. Shouldn't let it get to you
#57 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2167 posts) -
If I'm driving and there is a car in front of me going slow, usually I get semi-annoyed (unless I'm listening to a really good song), but for some reason if I see a "baby on board" bumper sticker or window shader thing, it doesn't annoy me. On the opposite side, if I see a car driving all crazy like and they have a "baby on board" bumper sticker on their car, it pisses me off. I realize the baby might not actually be on board at that time, or someone might have borrowed their car, but still.
#58 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10522 posts) -
New thread button, stop clicking on it.
#59 Posted by Barbariser (6785 posts) -

It's a lot less pointless, insipid and annoying than mingmao talking about something.

#60 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
Your an idiot, the only time you will understand is when you have a child of your own and hopefully you will have matured a LOT by that point. In the mean time, stay off the road.
#61 Posted by DroidPhysX (17098 posts) -
Another cheery thread from mingmao -Sun_Tzu-
#62 Posted by Treflis (13611 posts) -
Because some people don't have a view that follows yours, And I quote " I dont value your baby any more than a homeless bum on the street. Actually if anything I probably value the homeless man's life more than your baby's." May be shocking for you but plenty actually keep infants/children's lives in higher regard then a adult and thus will be more careful driving if the car in front of them have kids in it.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
#63 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

I don't know why they do that.  All it does is let potential kidnappers know that their next victim may be in that car.  I think that most attempts to "personalize" family vehicles are terrible ideas.  People driving around with their family's last name emblazened on the back window, right next to little stick figures that represent the members of their family.  Look below and you see a bumper sticker telling everyone where their child goes to school.  Great idea.  :?

Riverwolf007

depends on which one you use.

th?id=H.4853966771062461&pid=15.1

Love it

#64 Posted by Jakejack (181 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jakejack"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] In America white lives are more important than other lives. Look at the AR-15 innocent, but no one cares about the innocent kids dying from drones in Africa and middle east.Fightingfan

I know you are probably just a little kid and have not experience the real world yet but guess what? 

In Iran, Iranians value their lives more than other lives.  In China, the Chinese value their lives more than other lives.  In Japan, the Japanese value their lives more than other lives.

I never understood why kids potray world wide human flaws as exclusive to Americans only.  "Dude, I'm so edgy I go against the grain, fighting the system, through my hatred of America."

>Calls me kid because I don't agree with his POV

>Uses Ad hominiem 

Must be because I am American.   Only evil straight white male Americans use ad hominiems.  It's part of the evilness of our country.  No other person outside of the US has ever used an ad hominiem attack.

#65 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -
to proof that they are hetero
#66 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="Jakejack"]

I know you are probably just a little kid and have not experience the real world yet but guess what? 

In Iran, Iranians value their lives more than other lives.  In China, the Chinese value their lives more than other lives.  In Japan, the Japanese value their lives more than other lives.

I never understood why kids potray world wide human flaws as exclusive to Americans only.  "Dude, I'm so edgy I go against the grain, fighting the system, through my hatred of America."

Jakejack

>Calls me kid because I don't agree with his POV

>Uses Ad hominiem 

Must be because I am American.   Only evil straight white male Americans use ad hominiems.  It's part of the evilness of our country.  No other person outside of the US has ever used an ad hominiem attack.

^This guy is bitter.

#67 Posted by Spartan_N7 (581 posts) -
So youre telling me that, if you ever would be in a wreck where an infant and/or child dies, you wouldnt care? As a person, that makes me sick. As a father, that makes me absolutely furious.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
#68 Posted by deactivated-5b19214ec908b (25072 posts) -

to proof that they are heterohippiesanta
Gay couples can have children as well.

#69 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

So youre telling me that, if you ever would be in a wreck where an infant and/or child dies, you wouldnt care? As a person, that makes me sick. As a father, that makes me absolutely furious. Spartan_N7

I was in a wreck with a woman in an SUV and a "baby on board" sticker a little over 3 years ago.  She went straight in a turn only lane and caused the accident.  She then tried to make me feel guilty by showing me her child in the back seat.  The kid wasn't injured, but it was very obnoxious and pointless for her to do that.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
#70 Posted by deactivated-5b78379493e12 (15625 posts) -

[QUOTE="Spartan_N7"]So youre telling me that, if you ever would be in a wreck where an infant and/or child dies, you wouldnt care? As a person, that makes me sick. As a father, that makes me absolutely furious. hartsickdiscipl

I was in a wreck with a woman in an SUV and a "baby on board" sticker a little over 3 years ago.  She went straight in a turn only lane and caused the accident.  She then tried to make me feel guilty by showing me her child in the back seat.  The kid wasn't injured, but it was very obnoxious and pointless for her to do that.  

And it had nothing to do with the sign. It was bad driving and any person could be guilty of that.

#71 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

[QUOTE="Spartan_N7"]So youre telling me that, if you ever would be in a wreck where an infant and/or child dies, you wouldnt care? As a person, that makes me sick. As a father, that makes me absolutely furious. jimkabrhel

And it had nothing to do with the sign. It was bad driving and any person could be guilty of that.

The part that pissed me off the most was the fact that she tried to leverage having a child in the car to make me feel bad.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
#72 Posted by deactivated-5b78379493e12 (15625 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

hartsickdiscipl

The part that pissed me off the most was the fact that she tried to leverage having a child in the car to make me feel bad.  

Still doesn't have anything to do with the sign, and some people will be pissy enough to pull that kind of crap. I'd be angry if I got into an accident when I was in the car with my son, but I wouldn't use his as leverage. The accident would have happened with or without him.

If it was your fault, you should have owned up. If it was her fault, she should have owned up and paid for the damages, or her insurance would have.

#73 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3824 posts) -

Who cares?

DroidPhysX
#74 Posted by janny33 (25 posts) -
Baby on the board, bumper stickers are really a great fun for persons of all ages, particularly for kids it's really a fun and this type of fun is pretty good.. custom stickers
#75 Posted by tenaka2 (17146 posts) -

Baby on Board 

mingmao3046

This best describes you on this forum.

#76 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

Still doesn't have anything to do with the sign, and some people will be pissy enough to pull that kind of crap. I'd be angry if I got into an accident when I was in the car with my son, but I wouldn't use his as leverage. The accident would have happened with or without him.

If it was your fault, you should have owned up. If it was her fault, she should have owned up and paid for the damages, or her insurance would have.

You don't seem to live in the same reality that I do.  The officer on the scene assigned blame to me, which I had to fight in court.  I eventually won, but the woman was aided by her balling her eyes out and the cop being a very young woman.  

#78 Posted by jamesshaun110 (25 posts) -
Actually people like these. Some of them use these for the funny purposes.These baby on the board stickers causes problem sometimes. These misguide the people very often. sticker printing