Why do people drink? Drink as in drink Alcoholic Beverages.

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by StateOfGrace (96 posts) -
I have no idea why I capitalized "Alcoholic Beverages".... but anyways, why do people drink? I'm not against drinking in any way. I actually love drinking but I drink responsibly. I'm just curious to know why people enjoy drinking. Does it make you feel good? I'm also asking this because I'm pretty sure all of you are aware of the health risks involved in consuming alcohol yet people still continue to drink and get drunk.. For me, it makes me feel good and you always have a good time after a nice drinking session. I never drink alone though. I always have to drink with someone or a group of people because otherwise, I won't drink.
#2 Posted by GhoX (6267 posts) -
Water and Milk.
#3 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Because sex
#4 Posted by thegerg (18329 posts) -
It make them feel good. Good as in better than before.
#5 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

it tastes good

#6 Posted by PSP107 (16813 posts) -

Alot of people cleary drinks because its seems cool or wants to be popular.

Same applies to smoking.

#7 Posted by KiIIyou (27180 posts) -
Itchy gullet.
#8 Posted by Diablo-B (4063 posts) -
I never drink to get drunk nor have I ever been drunk. Im not a big fan of beer. But I love liquor, particularly whiskey/bourbon. Smooth, warm, and a soothing after glow. Also if you tense/nervous a shot or 2 can calm you down
#9 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (9410 posts) -
I like the taste and its fun.
Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
#10 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (743 posts) -
To kill the pain.
#11 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

back in the olden days, back when people would throw their crap out the window, alcoholic drinks were safer to drink than water. it's something that's been ingrained into our culture.

and because some people think it tastes good.

#12 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

back in the olden days, back when people would throw their crap out the window, alcoholic drinks were safer to drink than water. it's something that's been ingrained into our culture.

and because some people think it tastes good.

SirWander
#13 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2167 posts) -

It can help me relax.

#14 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Tastes good.
#15 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
Tastes good. Plus it's fun going out with friends and getting drunk sometimes.
#16 Posted by Nick3306 (3394 posts) -
It helps you relax and have fun. Unfortunately people take it way too far.
#17 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

It's fun, tastes good, and helps you relax. Makes social interactions so much more entertaining too.

#18 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -
I drink beer because it tastes good.
#19 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -

Some people like the way it feels, some want to kill their sorrow. Some people want to fit in with the popular (that was my problem)

#20 Posted by Laihendi (5876 posts) -
Some people I know who drink do it because they hate their lives and want to escape from their misery.
#21 Posted by Yusuke420 (2770 posts) -

Get on that sake and you'll know what it's like get really f%cked up!

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
#22 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4838 posts) -

It makes me feel better and all worries go away in drunken splendor

#23 Posted by soulless4now (41388 posts) -

Because school is a drag.

#24 Posted by smokingsbad (38455 posts) -
Nothings better then sitting down with a couple of friends drinking and talking about random Sh!t.
#25 Posted by wii60_3 (2017 posts) -
Because it makes it possible to do stupid stuff, and have fun doing it. (Eg. party)
#26 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20964 posts) -
I drink to suppress the loneliness I feel.
#27 Posted by Celldrax (15043 posts) -

Having a few drinks at home is a good way to relax, and getting drunk with friends is always good fun. Though I rarely ever throw up from drinking. I know when my body has had enough.

Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
#28 Posted by Cloud_Insurance (3279 posts) -

Tastes good

FEELS%2BGOOD%2BMAN%2BDOG%2BTEXT.jpg

#29 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Either to relax or have a good time getting drunk with friends. Also I developed a love for craft brews and like to try all different types of ale and beer.

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -
Cause it tastes good and makes me feel good. :cool:
#31 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

hah. am slightly drunk right now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyLwuZsTbahur387g7b5q

#32 Posted by applesxc47 (10761 posts) -

It tastes good, they like to let loose, they like the party atmosphere, peer pressure, a ton of different things.

#33 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
because after I work a long day , MTdew or pepsi aint cutting it..
#34 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -
I have never drunk alcoholic stuff at all due to religious beliefs but I'm so tempted to.The stuff looks so...spiritual and surreal and it would further enhance and reinforce my transcendental tendencies. This is how I will perceive the experience anyway.
#35 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
I have never drunk alcoholic stuff at all due to religious beliefs but I'm so tempted to.The stuff looks so...spiritual and surreal and it would further enhance and reinforce my transcendental tendencies. This is how I will perceive the experience anyway. GazaAli
besides wasting your money and making you see funny, its not going to do much for you. I personally don't drink , Ive tried alcohol a few times before, don't really like the taste , with the exception of wine , though even that gets reserved for things like religious holidays and such.
#36 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]I have never drunk alcoholic stuff at all due to religious beliefs but I'm so tempted to.The stuff looks so...spiritual and surreal and it would further enhance and reinforce my transcendental tendencies. This is how I will perceive the experience anyway. Darkman2007
besides wasting your money and making you see funny, its not going to do much for you. I personally don't drink , Ive tried alcohol a few times before, don't really like the taste , with the exception of wine , though even that gets reserved for things like religious holidays and such.

I think it differs from one person to another. To me these things are largely psychological meaning they affect you base on your own psyche. I only smoke tobacco for example yet I make so much out of it.
#37 Posted by Dogswithguns (11359 posts) -
For the taste.. I don't like to get drunk though.
#38 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]I have never drunk alcoholic stuff at all due to religious beliefs but I'm so tempted to.The stuff looks so...spiritual and surreal and it would further enhance and reinforce my transcendental tendencies. This is how I will perceive the experience anyway. GazaAli

I think it differs from one person to another. To me these things are largely psychological meaning they affect you base on your own psyche. I only smoke tobacco for example yet I make so much out of it.

well it also depends how much you drink too .
#39 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

It splouds your brain and sometimes the brain needs splouding.

I don't fully see the point in drinking alone, but at the same time I understand why some do.

#40 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Weed is so much better

#41 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2793 posts) -

I can't believe the amount of people in the world that enjoy the taste of alcohol...

Alcoholic beverages in food and desserts = win.
Actually drinking it, tastes horrible. The sour vomity red wine, the bitter piss beer, the cough medicines like whiskey and stuff!

#42 Posted by The-Apostle (12195 posts) -
[QUOTE="StateOfGrace"]I have no idea why I capitalized "Alcoholic Beverages".... but anyways, why do people drink? I'm not against drinking in any way. I actually love drinking but I drink responsibly. I'm just curious to know why people enjoy drinking. Does it make you feel good? I'm also asking this because I'm pretty sure all of you are aware of the health risks involved in consuming alcohol yet people still continue to drink and get drunk.. For me, it makes me feel good and you always have a good time after a nice drinking session. I never drink alone though. I always have to drink with someone or a group of people because otherwise, I won't drink.

The only health risks are if you drink too much, but other than that, drinking alcohol, according to recent research, is actually quite healthy if you do it in moderation.
#43 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

I like the taste.

Unfortunately, I hate the feeling of being drunk.

#44 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

It tates good, it's relaxing and it has health benefits.

#45 Posted by lamprey263 (34630 posts) -
because weed and mushrooms are illegal
#46 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

it tastes goood

wis3boi

#47 Posted by Celldrax (15043 posts) -

I like the taste.

BuryMe

In my case, a quote from Dimebag Darrell.

"I love being drunk. I just hate being hungover"

#48 Posted by Tabris91 (7779 posts) -

No idea, I've never really done it.

#49 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

I like the taste.

Celldrax

In my case, a quote from Dimebag Darrell.

"I love being drunk. I just hate being hungover"

Strangely enough, I've been drunk to the point of blacking out and being unable to walk, but I've never once had a hang over.

#50 Posted by Rich3232 (2628 posts) -
because weed and mushrooms are illegallamprey263