Why do I miss my childhood so much

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Recently this month I've been wanting to go back to my childhood so much. Im a sophomore in high school now and I miss all the simple happy days of my childhood. I remember so many good times that I had when I was a kid like video games, playing with friends, not having to worry about anything, and my parents were actually nice to me. Everything was fresh and exciting.

Now it feels like everyday is the same. It's been like this for the past 2 years. I can hardly remember any memories from these few years because it all just felt like a big blur. Im supposed to be preparing for life but I cant for some reason. I just feel stuck in time trying to be happy. The things I loved doing when I was a kid just dont feel the same anymore. When I try to have fun like I did as a kid it just feels like I'm forcing it.

I know this should be in a blog or w/e, but I really need some help on this. if anyones been through something like this before please respond.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Man, we all do. We all do.....
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
It will only get worse. Save yourself... you know what I mean.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
Get over it.. It's a part of growing up
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#5 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I sometimes miss those carefree days... but yeah, I can't enjoy playing games as much anymore. I feel like I need to be more productive in life. But I don't think that's a bad thing.
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

The funny thing is that after a while after finishing high school you'll wish you could re-do that too. And after finishing college your going to wish you could go back, etc.

MexicanNinja8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MexicanNinja8
Member since 2010 • 306 Posts

I may be only 14 but im telling you just live your life and make the best of it, get a group of friends and just chill all night doing fun childish stuff like ding dong ditching or toilet papering. Take the advantage of being able to drive and still at a young age that the possibilities are near endless.

Avatar image for Doct0rBiohazard
Doct0rBiohazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Doct0rBiohazard
Member since 2011 • 142 Posts
My childhood is best left forgotten. I can't believe how much better I am now.
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
Things always seem better in the past than they actually are.
kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

Don't worry, college is just around the corner. Trust me, it's way more fun than being a kid.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidSnake35

Don't worry, college is just around the corner. Trust me, it's way more fun than being a kid.

kussese
And now I'm hoping there's another magic corner after college.
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Yeah, when I was in high school I sort of felt like that. That and even worse, the girl I REALLY liked thought I was a creeper. We're married now so miracles can happen. :P Cheer up. :)

Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
Well, the music was good, the cartoons were good, reality shows were rare, nothing was overrated, and there were no conformists.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Yeah, when I was in high school I sort of felt like that. That and even worse, the girl I REALLY liked thought I was a creeper. We're married now so miracles can happen. :P Cheer up. :)

dunl12496

Man I could watch your sig over and over.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I freaking hated my child hood and I'm convinced everyone just has bad memory and actually hated theirs too. Freaking so glad I'm an adult now.
Shadow-Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Shadow-Elite
Member since 2007 • 18289 Posts
Why do you miss your childhood? Because the 90s kicked ass. Plain and simple.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I am guessing you are just going through some hard times right now. You're never going to be a kid again but you can act like one for life. Trust me.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Get used it to it, it will not get any easier when you get out of high school ;)
zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

I freaking hated my child hood and I'm convinced everyone just has bad memory and actually hated theirs too. Freaking so glad I'm an adult now.Ace6301

I'm somewhat inclined to believe this. I don't think I hated my childhood, but it wasn't all rainbows and daisies. I've caught myself wanting to go back, but I was bullied for like 4 years, so I'm not sure why I consider those good times...

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
it gets worse :(
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidSnake35

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]I freaking hated my child hood and I'm convinced everyone just has bad memory and actually hated theirs too. Freaking so glad I'm an adult now.zeldaluff

I'm somewhat inclined to believe this. I don't think I hated my childhood, but it wasn't all rainbows and daisies. I've caught myself wanting to go back, but I was bullied for like 4 years, so I'm not sure why I consider those good times...

I wish I could go back so I could ignore the people that gave me a hard time. Seems so easy looking back.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]I freaking hated my child hood and I'm convinced everyone just has bad memory and actually hated theirs too. Freaking so glad I'm an adult now.zeldaluff

I find it odd people feel nostalgic in this way. I was bulliied all during middle school. And even the slightest thought of those years and I feel incredibly glad that it's over.
zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zeldaluff

[QUOTE="zeldaluff"]

dkdk999

I find it odd people feel nostalgic in this way. I was bulliied all during middle school. And even the slightest thought of those years and I feel incredibly glad that it's over.

It's probably because the person that bullied me was also my best friend, and we did have a lot of fun. Back then the bad overwhelmed the good, but now I guess I mostly choose to remember the good parts.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 subyman
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

If each chapter of your life is not as memorable as your last, you've made poor choices. Each tier of education I've gone through has been more liberating than the last. I eagerly await my future I have built with hard work and good choices. IMO, it sounds like you are depressed and you need to find something that interests you or a goal to work toward. It is easy to get caught up in simply play games, drinking, hanging out with friends, etc. After a few years you will look back and have nothing to show for it.

Mr_Leonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mr_Leonis
Member since 2007 • 4615 Posts
it gets worse :(xfactor19990
I hate that this is the only advice people seem to come up with. lol but yes TC i believe everybody feels that way at some point...just gotta find new things to love...
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
Teenage angst. Just think if you were a kid again you'd just have to start all this crap over again.
Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kcube
Member since 2003 • 25398 Posts

Welcome to life.

The longer we live the more we lose as Rocky said.

Live for now

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

newsflash OP...ur what 15/16? ur still a kid...get over it...lolz...wait till u graduate college and get a REAL job and life...then ull want the old days...as grateful as i was when i was child...given everything...didnt have to worry about money, taxes, love, prejudice, work...it was the life...and i realized it...i was one of the few people in my graduating class who was kinda hesitant to graduate cause life was only gonna get harder...but now...i realize that i was even takin my childhood for granted...but i wouldnt trade my life now for anytihng...i love my wife...i love my job...maybe there are some things i dont like about bein a real adult...but there are so many things that are better about...and lets face it...im on gamespot...so that should tell everyone that i still play games and have fun

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

You're a sophomore in highschool man, go out and have fun and make friends. I think the reason that people reminisce about the past is because they're stuck in a sort of idle state in the present. Enjoy the rest of your highschool years, and live for today, not yesterday or several years ago.

marcogamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 marcogamer07
Member since 2008 • 1615 Posts

We all do man. We all do...

The thing is though, you just gotta suck it up and realize that you'll never be a kid again.

This is coming from a fellow sophomore as well. I'll tell you right now, I would KILL to be a little kid again. I know the feeling all too well. It seems like everything was better back then. Less drama, less stress, less pressure to be perfect, better media/entertainment, more free time...I totally sympathize.

Those were the days. And if I could relive them, I totally would. But then I would have to turn 12 again. And then 13, 14. And let me tell you, my life really started going down the **** at 12.

Hell, I'm only 15 and I feel like I'm 40. Tons of family drama, no friends, no going out to parties like every other teenager....I just sit alone at home on my computer. My life is REAL pleasant. :l You feel like your life is a waste now, and you'd rather go back to those old days. Same with me.

Every day I'm alive I can only hope in 5 years my life will be better...all these people saying it doesn't get better...well, my life is already hell. lol

I just hope these next few years will contain more good times than I've ever had since I was 11-12.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Why do you miss your childhood? Because the 90s kicked ass. Plain and simple.Shadow-Elite
Yeah. I agree with this...
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

What's sad is that you're going to be longing for your high-school days in a few years. It only gets worse.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Why do you miss your childhood? Because the 90s kicked ass. Plain and simple.Shadow-Elite
I can get behind that. The 80s and 90s were amazing times to grow up in.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="dkdk999"][QUOTE="zeldaluff"]

zeldaluff

It's probably because the person that bullied me was also my best friend, and we did have a lot of fun. Back then the bad overwhelmed the good, but now I guess I mostly choose to remember the good parts.

I was bullied a couple times during my childhood too. Probably more bad times than good times as well. But I still miss those days because I had far less responsibility. I think most people missed those days because of nostalgia (I loved wrestling and most of the cartoons in the 90's and early 00's than I do now) and that "if only everything I know now, were things I known back then" factor. I know I would have so much fun back then, exploiting a lot of things kids could get away with if I known half the things I know now....
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

The thing is though, you just gotta suck it up and realize that you'll never be a kid again.

This is coming from a fellow sophomore as well. I'll tell you right now, I would KILL to be a little kid again. I know the feeling all too well. It seems like everything was better back then. Less drama, less stress, less pressure to be perfect, better media/entertainment, more free time...I totally sympathize.

Those were the days. And if I could relive them, I totally would. But then I would have to turn 12 again. And then 13, 14. And let me tell you, my life really started going down the **** at 12.

Hell, I'm only 15 and I feel like I'm 40. Tons of family drama, no friends, no going out to parties like every other teenager....I just sit alone at home on my computer. My life is REAL pleasant. :l You feel like your life is a waste now, and you'd rather go back to those old days. Same with me.

Every day I'm alive I can only hope in 5 years my life will be better...all these people saying it doesn't get better...well, my life is already hell. lol

I just hope these next few years will contain more good times than I've ever had since I was 11-12.

marcogamer07

wow...u guys have problems...either that or it just seems like everyone in middleschool/highschool right now has problems...i dont remember highschool being nearly this bad...but everywhere i turn i see some kid complaining about having no kids...yet i bet if u look at their facebook they got aleast 100 friends on there...i think kids make their lives out worse than they really are...everyone has family drama...not every teenager goes out partying...heck u wanna know what i spent all of my highschool and college doing...playing dnd, starcraft, crpgs, quake live, and unreal tournament...i had lan parties, i had 2 or 3 roleplaying nights a week...i was/am a major geek...but u know what...i wasnt popular in highschool but i had a few friends...and just wait...i guarantee when u get to college ull find people who are more or less just like you...im sorry...but im tired of people sayin their lives are horrible...im in the military... i know guys whos lives have been turned upside down in less than a blink of an eye...they lose parts of their bodies and their life completely changes...some of them dont have a family so they only have the guys in the unit to depend on after that...im sorry...but ur still a kid...ur life cant be THAT bad...and ur 15...u cant even work yet...mommy and daddy still buy u everything

marcogamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 marcogamer07
Member since 2008 • 1615 Posts

[QUOTE="marcogamer07"]

lpjazzman220

wow...u guys have problems...either that or it just seems like everyone in middleschool/highschool right now has problems...i dont remember highschool being nearly this bad...but everywhere i turn i see some kid complaining about having no kids...yet i bet if u look at their facebook they got aleast 100 friends on there...i think kids make their lives out worse than they really are...everyone has family drama...not every teenager goes out partying...heck u wanna know what i spent all of my highschool and college doing...playing dnd, starcraft, crpgs, quake live, and unreal tournament...i had lan parties, i had 2 or 3 roleplaying nights a week...i was/am a major geek...but u know what...i wasnt popular in highschool but i had a few friends...and just wait...i guarantee when u get to college ull find people who are more or less just like you...im sorry...but im tired of people sayin their lives are horrible...im in the military... i know guys whos lives have been turned upside down in less than a blink of an eye...they lose parts of their bodies and their life completely changes...some of them dont have a family so they only have the guys in the unit to depend on after that...im sorry...but ur still a kid...ur life cant be THAT bad...and ur 15...u cant even work yet...mommy and daddy still buy u everything

I do work, actually. I have a job.

I think a lot of it has to do where we're from and where we live. Where I live, there's really no one out there that's really like me. i guess you and I are just different people.

EDIT: Thought I'd elaborate a little. I had a whole post complaining about why my life sucked, but I deleted it since I found it a little excessive. But where I come from, everyone is either a football jock/skater/prep, or a drug addict. It's pretty hard to find someone like me in my town, I'd say only about 5-10% of all the kids in my town share the same experiences as me.

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zeldaluff

[QUOTE="zeldaluff"]

tocool340

I was bullied a couple times during my childhood too. Probably more bad times than good times as well. But I still miss those days because I had far less responsibility. I think most people missed those days because of nostalgia (I loved wrestling and most of the cartoons in the 90's and early 00's than I do now) and that "if only everything I know now, were things I known back then" factor. I know I would have so much fun back then, exploiting a lot of things kids could get away with if I known half the things I know now....

Makes sense :P Definitely agree with the responsibility part, and I loved the cartoons back then too. I'd actually get up early on weekends to watch them...and that's saying something.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
[QUOTE="zeldaluff"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]I freaking hated my child hood and I'm convinced everyone just has bad memory and actually hated theirs too. Freaking so glad I'm an adult now.dkdk999

some of us had amazing childhoods, carefree and bully free
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="dkdk999"][QUOTE="zeldaluff"]

weezyfb

some of us had amazing childhoods, carefree and bully free

Yeah im surpised of the amount of bad childhoods had in this thread.

TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

Me too man.... me too...

What always helps me is to play some old video games I used to love or watch old tv shows I used to like alot.

flawlesscoope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 flawlesscoope
Member since 2005 • 642 Posts
Read the catcher in the rye. You will probably like it.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
We're married now dunl12496
Wait, what? You're married?
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Not me, mine was kinda bad for the most parts... I miss some of it though.