Why Do Female Gamers Get Treated Differently Than Their Male Counterparts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Viet_Phoenix
Member since 2009 • 501 Posts
No seriously why? Not bad necessarily but different. Why is it when you play someone and they find out your female they "go easy" on you, yet when you pwn them they always just claim that it's because they went easier on you and not the true fact you're better? I only bring this up because I was just playing AA3 recently and I was doing really well, during a conversation it was revealed that I'm female, suddenly the "oh you must be using aimbot" comments started flying. Why is it so hard for males to accept that they've been beaten by a woman. Please enlighten me. lol
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
The feminine body screws with a boy's mind. Even if they can't see it.
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

the same reason why women are treated different in anything

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
The feminine body screws with a boy's mind. Even if they can't see it.OreoMilkshake
Nice sig there :P
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Actually I never trip over the fact that a girl has beaten me in a game. I just accept the fact maybe she's is better than me at the title. I guess some dudes can't accept the fact they lost to a girl.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I play exactly the same, if they're bad then they're just an easy kill. There are some out there that are completely terrible, they're usually just dragged into playing by their BFs. Though others are good...
Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Welis
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts
I've noticed few gamers act more nice when they've figured the player is a female gamer. When a male meets a male it's all like "gtfo attitude", but when it is a female it is "lol playing nice" attitude.
--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

The feminine body screws with a boy's mind. Even if they can't see it.OreoMilkshake

Hehe, true.

Seriously though, I don't really know. You try to treat everyone the same, but it's not easy. You treat girls differently when it comes to everything.
It doesn't mean that you treat them badly, just differently, without even thinking about it. You want to know an easy solution to the problem? Blame society, seems to be a popular way of dealing with issues. ;)

As for losing to a girl, doesn't really bother me. If I lose, I am simply inferior when it comes to a certain game.

Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Viet_Phoenix
I play exactly the same, if they're bad then they're just an easy kill. There are some out there that are completely terrible, they're usually just dragged into playing by their BFs. Though others are good...markop2003
You see that's what I like, just play the way you would anyone. But some guys just can't seem to bring themselves to bow to a females prowess in a game I mean of course. lol
I've noticed few gamers act more nice when they've figured the player is a female gamer. When a male meets a male it's all like "gtfo attitude", but when it is a female it is "lol playing nice" attitude. Welis
Yes this irks me also.
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Girls usually aren't as common as guys when it comes to gaming, but the gap is closing. Some guys just decide to act silly when there's a girl around. I know that if a girl started trying to attention ***** in a game I was in, I'd totally fulfill my manly duty and target only her :P
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
When playing a game, I often avoid letting on that I'm female because it tends to become a distraction. If I really want to talk on voice chat, I will, but if I don't have anything to say, then I won't just talk for the sake of talking because I don't want people to bug me about being a girl. It's happened before and it gets annoying. I think a lot of male gamers just get excited that there's a female who shares a hobby with them...and sometimes the preteen boy gamers like to just be annoying.
darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts
mmmm 14 u c4n r34d th15 u n33d 2 g3t l41d! we all can read this in here .... that's it
Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Viet_Phoenix
When playing a game, I often avoid letting on that I'm female because it tends to become a distraction. If I really want to talk on voice chat, I will, but if I don't have anything to say, then I won't just talk for the sake of talking because I don't want people to bug me about being a girl. It's happened before and it gets annoying. I think a lot of male gamers just get excited that there's a female who shares a hobby with them...and sometimes the preteen boy gamers like to just be annoying.t3hrubikscube
That's true, usually the younger guys give the worse reactions. But the worst experiences I've personally had have been older guys so go figure. Not a big deal really, just a curiosity of mine I thought I'd see what answers I get.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts

Generalizations yay!!

Why do Female gamers like to rub-in the fact they are beating males at games?

[spoiler] See what i did there. [/spoiler]

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#16 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

From my personal experience they don't get treated any different.

Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Viet_Phoenix
See what i did there.RiseAgainst12
I saw, very smooth Rise very smooth. ;) lol

From my personal experience they don't get treated any different.

joesh89
Can I play in your world then please. lol
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

They don't, at least by me. Some guys want girls to like them by going easy while other have egos to protect. I don't care for either and will take apart anyone I play. I can't help it, I just don't like lying down for anyone.:P

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

because female gamers are sexy of course.

Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Viet_Phoenix

They don't, at least by me. Some guys want girls to like them by going easy while other have egos to protect. I don't care for either and will take apart anyone I play. I can't help it, I just don't like lying down for anyone.:P

FFCYAN
lol That's so many different types of awesome! :)

because female gamers are sexy of course.

BumFluff122
But of course you are! I KID I KID! lol
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
depends on the game you are playing and the community`s maturity
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

It's an obvious question and I hate female gamers for it. EVERY guild I join there's some girl on vent subtly flirting with everyone, kissing up to the guildmaster & always getting a raid spot. Same with clans on FPS's too.

Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Viet_Phoenix

It's an obvious question and I hate female gamers for it. EVERY guild I join there's some girl on vent subtly flirting with everyone, kissing up to the guildmaster & always getting a raid spot. Same with clans on FPS's too.

cyborg100000
Point is we don't all do that! But we get treated as such regardless. Just not cool.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 markop2003
Girls usually aren't as common as guys when it comes to gaming, but the gap is closing. Some guys just decide to act silly when there's a girl around. I know that if a girl started trying to attention ***** in a game I was in, I'd totally fulfill my manly duty and target only her :PSetsa
I'ld just votekick, can't stand mic spammers [QUOTE="darcom1"] 14 u c4n r34d th15 u n33d 2 g3t l41d! we all can read this in here .... that's it

:lol: i've seen it enough times that i don't even have to read it, i know it by sight
Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts
Because gamers are lonely horny virgins and they get aroused at the sight of a female. Also because usually GURL gamers are arrogant attention whores who keep saying "lol im a womenzz". The real girl gamer doesn't go around screaming she is a woman.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
[QUOTE="RichardStallman"]Because gamers are lonely horny virgins and they get aroused at the sight of a female. Also because usually GURL gamers are arrogant attention whores who keep saying "lol im a womenzz". The real girl gamer doesn't go around screaming she is a woman.

I love it when people are serious about these generalizations. Come on man.
Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Viet_Phoenix
[QUOTE="RichardStallman"]Because gamers are lonely horny virgins and they get aroused at the sight of a female. Also because usually GURL gamers are arrogant attention whores who keep saying "lol im a womenzz". The real girl gamer doesn't go around screaming she is a woman.

Oh god lord tell me you're joking? "lol im a womenzz". Please put me in a room with that troglodyte. lol
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
[QUOTE="cyborg100000"]

Viet_Phoenix
Point is we don't all do that! But we get treated as such regardless. Just not cool.

So basically you're saying guys treat girls differently by not accepting the fact they are better and he's saying girls flirt with everyone to get better places. They're both generalisations as not every guy/girl would do that.
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Setsa
[QUOTE="cyborg100000"]

Viet_Phoenix

Well, I don't mean to be mr. mean here, but I think another problem with it is most girl gamers aren't really modest about being a girl gamer. It's not always the case, but more often than not it's brought up online for no apparent reason (because what does gender matter while playing a game?) I mean, you're still under 100 posts and have already created a thread emphasizing the fact that you're a girl gamer, when gender should be inconsequential.
Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Viet_Phoenix
[QUOTE="Viet_Phoenix"][QUOTE="cyborg100000"]

tofu-lion91

So basically you're saying guys treat girls differently by not accepting the fact they are better and he's saying girls flirt with everyone to get better places. They're both generalisations as not every guy/girl would do that.

No no for sure, but unfortunately it's very common. :(
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46

I remember playing with a friend of mine on XBL. I used to lol like mad when she used to put down all the 13-16 year olds for giving her lip. She was lethal at COD4 and Halo3.

Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Viet_Phoenix
[QUOTE="Viet_Phoenix"][QUOTE="cyborg100000"]

Setsa

Well, I don't mean to be mr. mean here, but I think another problem with it is most girl gamers aren't really modest about being a girl gamer. It's not always the case, but more often than not it's brought up online for no apparent reason (because what does gender matter while playing a game?) I mean, you're still under 100 posts and have already created a thread emphasizing the fact that you're a girl gamer, when gender should be inconsequential.

Ouch. well you got me there, but I had to know what other people thought. My husband and I have been fighting over this for years. Not literally of course.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tofu-lion91
[QUOTE="Viet_Phoenix"] No no for sure, but unfortunately it's very common. :(

And so are girls flirting away on games ;) You pointed out that "we don't all do that" and neither do all lads when it comes to girl gamers. I like to go on mic on L4D as it's easier than typing tank when you're trying to run away from it and no-one's said anything. All the people on my friends list treat me like one of the lads and I wouldn't have it any other way :) There'll always be arses on games. Just ignore them and find some of the more common nice guys ^_____^
Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Dgalmun
Member since 2009 • 16266 Posts

I really don't know lol. I'll guess that woman are sometimes soft and I guess men players would not play them too hard so I guess they go easy on them.... I would like to know too, though I am a man and I don't play those type of gaming like xbox live. I'm more like poor or middle class person and I'm too busy to get it or it's waste of money.

Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Viet_Phoenix
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"][QUOTE="Viet_Phoenix"] No no for sure, but unfortunately it's very common. :(

And so are girls flirting away on games ;) You pointed out that "we don't all do that" and neither do all lads when it comes to girl gamers. I like to go on mic on L4D as it's easier than typing tank when you're trying to run away from it and no-one's said anything. All the people on my friends list treat me like one of the lads and I wouldn't have it any other way :) There'll always be arses on games. Just ignore them and find some of the more common nice guys ^_____^

Touche tofu-lion91
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clyde46
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"][QUOTE="Viet_Phoenix"] No no for sure, but unfortunately it's very common. :(

When your being chased by a tank, all gender issues go out the window :P
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

I've never really experienced that. I know female gamers. My sister games sometimes. So everyone is treated equally in my world.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tofu-lion91
[QUOTE="Viet_Phoenix"] Touche tofu-lion91

It's an interesting thought that expands to "Why do we intentionally and unintentionally treat people differently?" I tend not to worry about that question though as it opens a whole world of mind ache :P
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
because they are rare.
Viet_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Viet_Phoenix
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"][QUOTE="Viet_Phoenix"] Touche tofu-lion91

It's an interesting thought that expands to "Why do we intentionally and unintentionally treat people differently?" I tend not to worry about that question though as it opens a whole world of mind ache :P

True enough but it did spark one H.E.double hockey sticks of a debate didn't it. lol
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 markop2003
[QUOTE="Setsa"] Well, I don't mean to be mr. mean here, but I think another problem with it is most girl gamers aren't really modest about being a girl gamer. It's not always the case, but more often than not it's brought up online for no apparent reason (because what does gender matter while playing a game?) I mean, you're still under 100 posts and have already created a thread emphasizing the fact that you're a girl gamer, when gender should be inconsequential.

True. I've seen people call themselves "gamergurl" and then wonder why all the guys are hitting on them, you never see guys calling themselves "gamerguy".
KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts

When playing a game, I often avoid letting on that I'm female because it tends to become a distraction. If I really want to talk on voice chat, I will, but if I don't have anything to say, then I won't just talk for the sake of talking because I don't want people to bug me about being a girl. It's happened before and it gets annoying. I think a lot of male gamers just get excited that there's a female who shares a hobby with them...and sometimes the preteen boy gamers like to just be annoying.t3hrubikscube

i agree with you, when i play online i do not let anyone know im a female either, or esle it atracts many trash talkers, stalkers, and etc.

a lot of them are annoying too

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Setsa
[QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="Setsa"] Well, I don't mean to be mr. mean here, but I think another problem with it is most girl gamers aren't really modest about being a girl gamer. It's not always the case, but more often than not it's brought up online for no apparent reason (because what does gender matter while playing a game?) I mean, you're still under 100 posts and have already created a thread emphasizing the fact that you're a girl gamer, when gender should be inconsequential.

True. I've seen people call themselves "gamergurl" and then wonder why all the guys are hitting on them, you never see guys calling themselves "gamerguy".

Men just have to be extra innovative to get attention on the internet, hence why we usually have more bad-ass names ;) P.S. Only joking, not trying to be sexist seeing as this thread is probably now lurking with 80% of GS's girls :o
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 markop2003
[QUOTE="Setsa"] Men just have to be extra innovative to get attention on the internet, hence why we usually have more bad-ass names ;) P.S. Only joking, not trying to be sexist seeing as this thread is probably now lurking with 80% of GS's girls :o

I hate those names things like "xXx-SN1P3R-xXx", they just look terrible, i tend to go with more understated names. Still that only makes it about 20 girls,..
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Setsa
[QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="Setsa"] Men just have to be extra innovative to get attention on the internet, hence why we usually have more bad-ass names ;) P.S. Only joking, not trying to be sexist seeing as this thread is probably now lurking with 80% of GS's girls :o

I hate those names things like "xXx-SN1P3R-xXx", they just look terrible, i tend to go with more understated names. Still that only makes it about 20 girls,..

Most people use x's and the like as a clan denotation, or because they're very annul about having a certain name. And that's 20 more civilized women than gaiaonline will ever get! (zzzinnggg!)
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts
Men have a need to feel superior. If they cannot even do that in a video game, then they go insane. This is why I never show mercy.
Ceneb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ceneb
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts
Well, most females aren't gamers.
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
Or is it why men treat wome nover the internet who play games as gold? Not only is it pathetic, but it makes it sound like they have never talked to a girl before and they must give her all the attention she needs.