Why do Americans.... hate America?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Because this country is run and populated by lazy idiots, who happily shoot their own nation in the foot and call you an idiot if you don't follow. What is there to like?
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
It's not "hating America" as much as "America could be so much better than it currently is". Disliking the government doesn't mean you hate the country. JML897
This.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

The United States is caught in a tug of war between two very different political idealogies. Obama essentially "spiking the football" in his state of the Union address pretty much put an end to any chance of compromise. We need a centralist president to bring the country back together. In my opinion, We've had two divisive presidents in a row and it hasn't helped the country bridge any political divides. We're still arguing about some of the same issues that we were 10 or 20 years ago.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"]It's not "hating America" as much as "America could be so much better than it currently is". Disliking the government doesn't mean you hate the country. gamerguru100
This.

^ yup. Only until over 120 years ago did only wealthy legislatures get to vote for senators. The only vote the regular people got in the Constitution was for the House of Representatives. However, we are a status quo democracy. It's made purposefully very hard to change the way things work. Just enough to give the Founding Fathers their reign to rule within their lifetime.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

The United States is caught in a tug of war between two very different political idealogies. Obama essentially "spiking the football" in his state of the Union address pretty much put an end to any chance of compromise. We need a centralist president to bring the country back together. In my opinion, We've had two divisive presidents in a row and it hasn't helped the country bridge any political divides. We're still arguing about some of the same issues that we were 10 or 20 years ago.

UnknownSniper65

You believe someone who perpetually sits on the fence(centralist) is the answer to our problems?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

You believe someone who perpetually sits on the fence(centralist) is the answer to our problems?

Yusuke420

A less divisive president is the answer to our problems.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

airshocker

If someone takes a stance on anything, they by definition are going to be devisive. Do you have any suggestions in mind of this magical person that will be able to convince hardcore liberals and tea party conservatives to work together?

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Yusuke420

If someone takes a stance on anything, they by definition are going to be devisive. Do you have any suggestions in mind of this magical person that will be able to convince hardcore liberals and tea party conservatives to work together?

There is no one man solution. It's all about compromise. That's why it's so hard to change things. -1 v +1 so to speak. You can't just have a 0 step right in.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#109 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Yusuke420

Gary Johnson
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Yusuke420

So basically you have no solution...I'd rather continue to marginalize the republican party into non-existance once demographics have shifted enough. At least that is a strategy with some teeth. 

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Yusuke420

I voted for Gary last election because there was no point in voting for Obama in Texas. Too bad that no one can get a solid third party going. 

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lo_Pine

So basically you have no solution...I'd rather continue to marginalize the republican party into non-existance once demographics have shifted enough. At least that is a strategy with some teeth. 

Yusuke420
I'm just saying the Constitution was designed to prevent change. Even if a "messiah" came in, it would be very, very hard for him to change anything promptly.
bookwormwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 bookwormwizard
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts
TC, disliking the government has nothing to do with hating America. For instance, I love this country and what it stands for, but I don't agree with a lot of the things the government does, but I don't hate America.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I don't know anyone who truly "hates" America. Sure, I know that one hipsterish guy/girl we all know who thinks America is the devil and should be wiped off the face of the Earth, you know, that stupid idea most "artistic souls" get when they're 17-20 years old, but I know plenty of people who hate what they think America is becoming.

I know conservative people who think America is abandoning traditional values, slowly appeasing to "inferior" foreigners and losing what makes America unique, and I know many liberals who believe America is stuck in the past and is doomed to fade away if we don't modernize. Both groups love their country, they just think it's dissapearing in different ways.

Personally, I love America and all of it's traditional values, but believe we could do more to seem less ignorant to a rapidly changing world. I don't hate my government, and I damn well don't hate my country, but we could do with a little bit of cooperation at the federal level.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#115 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

There are stupid and insatiable people in every country, and if there is an opportunity to complain, which is something that any entity the size of a vast nation like the United States will inevitably provide by the truckload, then people will take it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

The United States is a classic example of Capitalist terrorism. It is Capitalist extremism at its finest.

I mean what is Capitalism? Capitalism is a cut-throat system where people have to work extremely hard and under duress for private Corporations for many many years until they can afford retirement in the age of 65. And these corporations don't even care about the people who work for them. These corporations only care about what the people can produce for them but they absolutely do not care about human life.

In fact, Capitalism doesn't care about human life. Capitalism doesn't give a damn if you will starve to death, homeless on the street. It only cares about what you can produce for the system. So in some sense you are a slave to this corrupt system.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Not so much on hate but flawed is a better word, maybe.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Hipsters.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
Because they never lived in a 3rd world country and they take everything for granted. And most likely they're Democrats.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

UnknownSniper65
Democrats and Republicans are the same sh1t. They only differ in unimportant crap but their core ideals are the same, they both cater to big business first and foremost. Your democracy is an illusion, you guys live in a plutocracy and that won't change until you realize that.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

* ignorant

* low I.Q

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

Govt is not "America"

America is us, the people, the little guys

Death to politicians, death to govt.

Keep your doofy ass laws, doofy taxes and doofy wars to yourself.

You say "this other country is the enemy" I don't have any enemies. Maybe you do. Send your own son, I won't die for your profits.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#123 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Because people care more about Michelle Obama's bangs than the amount of debt were in. Americans will believe anything if you keep tellling the same thing over and over again. America's priorties are backwards and were getting things constantly shoved down our throats.

JDWolfie

I doubt that...I think you'd find most of us couldn't care less about her bangs.

And you cannot lump 300 million DIVERSE people into "believe anything"

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

Because the US is kind of a dump compared to most other developed first world countries. We don't even have a proper healthcare system. 

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The US of A is still okay. There are worse places. There are a number of countries who would arrest me if I gave the middle finger to their leaders. Here, if I gave the middle finger to Obama, I might get a few "right back at ya." But, that's it.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Because the US is kind of a dump compared to most other developed first world countries. We don't even have a proper healthcare system.

bigfoot2045

Geographically, the U.S. is one of the most diverse and beatiful countries in the world. So, in that respect, not a dump by any means.

We do need to get the healthcare system together though.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
Critiquing your current government isn't "hating your country'. hell, it's patriotism at its best.MrPraline
well, that and actually doing something about it... look @ congress.. like a 10% approval rating? yet something like 95% of the incumbents won re-election... how the hell does that happen!?!?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

gamerguru100

The answer is moderate....

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Critiquing your current government isn't "hating your country'. hell, it's patriotism at its best.comp_atkins
well, that and actually doing something about it... look @ congress.. like a 10% approval rating? yet something like 95% of the incumbents won re-election... how the hell does that happen!?!?

The illusion of choice. People think they have options but they truly don't...
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I don't hate it, I just think it could be better

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
I think it's great that we're able to freely criticize our country. It's not a perfect country and it could be a lot better but as long as we're still human it'll never be perfect. :P That and to be honest most people here have been spoiled, my main worry today is if it'll be too cold to wear just a cardigan. Someone in Niger is worried about if they're going to eat anything at all today.
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

It's most likely the flawed policies and the Inequality of life. In a Capitalistic society you are going to have victims. If the playing field was level then I doubt there would be much issues as everyone will have that fair shot at the American dream, and the excuses would be at a minimum. Right now, that dream has become a nightmare for many of her citizens.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#133 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

because the goverment is in turnmoil right now. They are doing nothing good. SO why in hell would the people like them?

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
I don't hate America, I just hate the politicians and those who make decisions for everyone and say that say they speak or act for the peoples best interest....
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
I don't hate America, I just hate the politicians and those who make decisions for everyone and say that say they speak or act for the peoples best interest....tocool340
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I8wwDhHybY chris rock says OB is daddy, you better listen or else it will bite you in the ass.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Because wedge issues created by special interest, corporations and political parties have created a highly polarizing climate in which compromise seems to never happen.. I recently bought a new car, a Honda Civic, and the first words out of some peoples mouth were "oh so foreign buyer huh?".. So some people have become so polarized that you can't even talk about what kind of car you have with out bringing something political into it..
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Because wedge issues created by special interest, corporations and political parties have created a highly polarizing climate in which compromise seems to never happen.. I recently bought a new car, a Honda Civic, and the first words out of some peoples mouth were "oh so foreign buyer huh?".. So some people have become so polarized that you can't even talk about what kind of car you have with out bringing something political into it.. sSubZerOo

*high five* I like foreign cars a bit more, myself. American ones do have a smooth ride though

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#138 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Because wedge issues created by special interest, corporations and political parties have created a highly polarizing climate in which compromise seems to never happen.. I recently bought a new car, a Honda Civic, and the first words out of some peoples mouth were "oh so foreign buyer huh?".. So some people have become so polarized that you can't even talk about what kind of car you have with out bringing something political into it.. sSubZerOo
Well if you live in Michigan, they tend to be a little more sensitive about buying cars from anyone other than the big 3. But that's probably because half the damn state relies on them for pensions and other benefits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]Because wedge issues created by special interest, corporations and political parties have created a highly polarizing climate in which compromise seems to never happen.. I recently bought a new car, a Honda Civic, and the first words out of some peoples mouth were "oh so foreign buyer huh?".. So some people have become so polarized that you can't even talk about what kind of car you have with out bringing something political into it.. sonicare
Well if you live in Michigan, they tend to be a little more sensitive about buying cars from anyone other than the big 3. But that's probably because half the damn state relies on them for pensions and other benefits.

Yeah I can see if I were talking to auto workers.. But these are co-workers in a compeltely unrelated field.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]Because wedge issues created by special interest, corporations and political parties have created a highly polarizing climate in which compromise seems to never happen.. I recently bought a new car, a Honda Civic, and the first words out of some peoples mouth were "oh so foreign buyer huh?".. So some people have become so polarized that you can't even talk about what kind of car you have with out bringing something political into it.. sSubZerOo

Yeah I can see if I were talking to auto workers.. But these are co-workers in a compeltely unrelated field.

Because that affects the economy would be my guess.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"] Well if you live in Michigan, they tend to be a little more sensitive about buying cars from anyone other than the big 3. But that's probably because half the damn state relies on them for pensions and other benefits.LJS9502_basic

Because that affects the economy would be my guess.....

But thats the thing I don't buy cars based on whether they are foriegn or not.. I find the best product for my self.. Should I raise a eyebrow and start incriminating people when I see them buying a item off the shelf that's clearly foreign or out of state? No..   This entirely line of rhetoric basically is to attempt to blame twhy the car companies are at.. Not that they had numerous reliability problems or other such things, or I couldn't just find one that met my price point.. Its because clearly, I hate America.. 

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

LJS9502_basic

The answer is moderate....

WTF? I didn't write that. Damn it, GlitchSpot.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]Because wedge issues created by special interest, corporations and political parties have created a highly polarizing climate in which compromise seems to never happen.. I recently bought a new car, a Honda Civic, and the first words out of some peoples mouth were "oh so foreign buyer huh?".. So some people have become so polarized that you can't even talk about what kind of car you have with out bringing something political into it.. sSubZerOo

Just tell them that Honda makes cars here in the US as well as Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Kia. These are ones just of the top of my head and Porsche is looking to open a plant up in Atlanta.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

Europe or US? I mentioned both in the same post.

th3warr1or

US

1) Tighter gun-control. History has shown that governments are the single largest cause of civilian deaths. Communist China, Soviet Union and Nazi Germany had gun control. Guns weren't outrightly banned at the start. They just asked people to register them with the government. But once that's done, and they DO ask you to turn in your guns, you can't even lie and say you don't have any.

Futhermore, nobody asks for sports cars to be banned when some moron kills several people after driving a sports car while drunk. Nobody asks for cars to be banned -- nor should they -- even though automobile accidents are one of the leading causes of deaths. I've heard some liberals argue that intention doesn't matter in instances where someone shoots a person accidentally and kills him. If so, then well.. car accident deaths are still deaths.

2) Higher tax for the rich. France lost a bunch of their millionaires because they proposed this stupid "super-tax" for the rich. Increasing taxes for rich people isn't going to work because people are just going to take their money elsewhere. It's also stupid because it's basically punishing success.

Are you comparing Nazi Germany to modern day US?