Why do Americans.... hate America?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I don't get it. It seems like every single person I know is against the government. Either they're so far left of a right winged hippie, or the goverment's taking your guns/goverment still has guns /they should be gone/Thanks Obama. When they really have no problems and the government doesn't intrude on their lives or anything which makes me wonder why they are even complaining?

I like this country. Very nice. Some beautiful states like Colorado and other states I have lived in. People are nice unless you live on one of the coasts. My Grandpa was a WW2 hero of "the greatest generation". The thing about me is I am apolitical, so it makes living here easier for me.

I want to see Alaska, hopefully not during the three months of night time. When it's 24 hour sunlight I want to be there.

OT, why you hate America?

OT, do you like this country?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Hating some of the actions and the people in power who perpetuate those actions is not the same thing as hating all of America, but perhaps what America has become. Granted some take it a bit too far or are ignorant and judge things without all the necessary facts. There are certainly very valid reasons to dislike some aspects of America. In it's government and it's people. Though I tend to not speak about America as a whole. Then you have silly people claiming that certain groups hate America and it's values since they are very critical of some of those aspects.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
There are two very different versions of American being proposed right now. Most people hate the version that isn't the one they support.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

I think you mean why do liberals hate America.

Liberals would probably hate the America that George Washington and the other Founding Fathers formed.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
It's not "hating America" as much as "America could be so much better than it currently is". Disliking the government doesn't mean you hate the country.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheHighWind

There are two very different versions of American being proposed right now. Most people hate the version that isn't the one they support.nocoolnamejim

Yeah but it isn't Mexico. You can drink the water here, wtf are people complaining about?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheHighWind

It's not "hating America" as much as "America could be so much better than it currently is". Disliking the government doesn't mean you hate the country. JML897

You mean like: Obama said he was going to make a bullet train and I don't see no bullet train?

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
i did not know the 1% working for the government represented the whole of the population and the land they populate. the government is intruding in the lives of the american people, they are also taking our money to kill people in wars, they have declared the entire world including the united states a war zone. I have never met a self proclaimed "apolitical" person that had no problems with what the government is doing and even claims to like it. OP sounds like troll bait.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I'm indian yet i love america. no idea if americans hating on america

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheHighWind

i did not know the 1% working for the government represented the whole of the population and the land they populate. the government is intruding in the lives of the american people, they are also taking our money to kill people in wars, they have declared the entire world including the united states a war zone. I have never met a self proclaimed "apolitical" person that had no problems with what the government is doing and even claims to like it. OP sounds like troll bait. surrealnumber5

I know who's president and don't really care.

Also, how many postal workers do we have?

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Hating some of the actions and the people in power who perpetuate those actions is not the same thing as hating all of America, but perhaps what America has become. Granted some take it a bit too far or are ignorant and judge things without all the necessary facts. There are certainly very valid reasons to dislike some aspects of America. In it's government and it's people. Though I tend to not speak about America as a whole. Then you have silly people claiming that certain groups hate America and it's values since they are very critical of some of those aspects.dave123321

mhm

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Liberals would probably hate the America that George Washington and the other Founding Fathers formed.

th3warr1or

Well yes, it's kinda logical since liberals generally want change and conservatives generally want to keep stuff as it is.

But also, I'd say that conservatives today would hate what America was back then, with all the sexism, racism, slavery, hate, generally poor development etc.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I love America so I don't know what you're talking about.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
thats two different tings, lady ;p
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
because they are supposed to be the best but there are plenty of countries without half their problems
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

chaplainDMK

Well yes, it's kinda logical since liberals generally want change and conservatives generally want to keep stuff as it is.

But also, I'd say that conservatives today would hate what America was back then, with all the sexism, racism, slavery, hate, generally poor development etc.

Probably. But conservatives actively attempt to preserve things as they are. One might say that's called being old-fashioned or stuck in the past, maybe even stupidity, but that's another issue.

Things change. No doubt about that. On the other hand, it's another thing to actively try to change things. It's almost like the people who move to Europe to escape their homeland, and then attempt to change Europe into what they were running away from.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i did not know the 1% working for the government represented the whole of the population and the land they populate. the government is intruding in the lives of the american people, they are also taking our money to kill people in wars, they have declared the entire world including the united states a war zone. I have never met a self proclaimed "apolitical" person that had no problems with what the government is doing and even claims to like it. OP sounds like troll bait. TheHighWind

yup, troll thread, thanks for making that clear.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"]

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

th3warr1or

Probably. But conservatives actively attempt to preserve things as they are. One might say that's called being old-fashioned or stuck in the past, maybe even stupidity, but that's another issue.

Things change. No doubt about that. On the other hand, it's another thing to actively try to change things. It's almost like the people who move to Europe to escape their homeland, and then attempt to change Europe into what they were running away from.

It's more like trying to improve something, most EU countries have a very well developed social state and many in the US are calling for this in their home. It is a clash of ideologies with the very free minded US vs the much more social welfare oriented EU. But I think the US should just develop based on how it's population dictates, if the majority want something then it should just be accepted.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheHighWind

[QUOTE="TheHighWind"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i did not know the 1% working for the government represented the whole of the population and the land they populate. the government is intruding in the lives of the american people, they are also taking our money to kill people in wars, they have declared the entire world including the united states a war zone. I have never met a self proclaimed "apolitical" person that had no problems with what the government is doing and even claims to like it. OP sounds like troll bait. surrealnumber5

yup, troll thread, thanks for making that clear.

I find it funny that you are calling me a troll when I don't live under a bridge and you have a scrooge avatar.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dave123321

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"]

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

th3warr1or

What kind of change? Like specific examples of the change that is being pushed by liberals.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I love the US very much, and it's because I love it that I'm critical of the different part of government that don't seem to be working.

I don't get why certain people say that liberals hate America. I don't see that at all.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"] Well yes, it's kinda logical since liberals generally want change and conservatives generally want to keep stuff as it is.

dave123321

What kind of change? Like specific examples of the change that is being pushed by liberals.

Europe or US? I mentioned both in the same post.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dave123321

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

th3warr1or

US
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Because taxes are ridiculously high.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Being critical does not in any way equal hate.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#27 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Because we can.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 th3warr1or

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"] What kind of change? Like specific examples of the change that is being pushed by liberals.dave123321

US

1) Tighter gun-control. History has shown that governments are the single largest cause of civilian deaths. Communist China, Soviet Union and Nazi Germany had gun control. Guns weren't outrightly banned at the start. They just asked people to register them with the government. But once that's done, and they DO ask you to turn in your guns, you can't even lie and say you don't have any.

Futhermore, nobody asks for sports cars to be banned when some moron kills several people after driving a sports car while drunk. Nobody asks for cars to be banned -- nor should they -- even though automobile accidents are one of the leading causes of deaths. I've heard some liberals argue that intention doesn't matter in instances where someone shoots a person accidentally and kills him. If so, then well.. car accident deaths are still deaths.

2) Higher tax for the rich. France lost a bunch of their millionaires because they proposed this stupid "super-tax" for the rich. Increasing taxes for rich people isn't going to work because people are just going to take their money elsewhere. It's also stupid because it's basically punishing success.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
It's not "hating America" as much as "America could be so much better than it currently is". Disliking the government doesn't mean you hate the country. JML897
this. you know your nation is capable of so much more but frustrated w/ leadership of lower quality than the country deserves.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Because we're just so much better than every other country that hating on them is just bullying, so we hate on ourselves because we're the only ones who can take it.

[spoiler] On a serious note, offering criticism of something isn't the same thing as hating on it. Not everyone who is critical of the American government or some aspects of its people "hates America", they just think things could be made better if *insert change to fundamental governing philosophy/culture* were made. [/spoiler]

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

When someone constantly talks about hatred of their own country, pay attention and see if they hav a 'victim' mentality, always blames others, or won't take rsponsiblitly for themselves.

Usually thats the case in my experience

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Often wonder this myself.

signzoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 signzoe
Member since 2012 • 55 Posts

Lets be honest here no one really hates living in America they hate THEPEOPLE LIVING IN AMERICA. Americans  got to be some of the most mindless people walking the earth PERIOD! There is no real culture here just everyone imitating one another with no sense of originality what's so ever...  Hiphop,rap,rock (now pop),Myspace,MTV, american idol, backyard brawls (even the girls are doing it) Pointless Social Networking sites popping up every 2 years it's a subculture for those looking to conform..  I'm still considering leaving ''America'' one day do to the reasons  i just stated and more which i'm not going to get into right now, but also because i want to experience something different. That's my take on it anyway...

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts
Because taxes are ridiculously high.The-Apostle
Try coming here:lol:.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Hiphop,rap,rock (now pop),Myspace,MTV, american idol, Pointless Social Networking sites popping up every 2 years it's a subculture for those looking to conform..  I'm still considering leaving ''America'' one day do to the reasons  i just stated and more which i'm not going to get into right now, but also because i want to experience something different. That's my take on it anyway...signzoe
lmao What country do you plan on moving to where things like these aren't popular
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
I don't really know of any Americans that hate America. Of course there's always those that say "of so and so gets elected or this law passes I'm leaving the country." But they never really leave.
Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

Lets be honest here no one really hates living in America they hate the PEOPLE LIVING IN AMERICA. Americans got to be some of the most mindless people walking the earth PERIOD!signzoe

Snobbism and nativism are very common features in many of the countries I visited. In Europe snobbery is very common and I guess it is the same way in the United States and Canada. People just don't like strangers or anyone who wasn't born in their country.

When I was living in Europe I always felt kind of like a stranger because everyone there was white and good-looking and I kind of felt I was not one of them.

This is why in Israel I feel like most at home. Sure there is snobbery in Israel too just like in every other country but in Israel snobbery is still not like in other countries.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

th3warr1or

Wrong answer.

Liberals are often smart enough to realize that for us to remain as the top country in the world it is necessary to move to the left IN THIS DAY AND AGE.

A Republican approach is a downward spiral at this point in time. And again, "trickle-down economics" does not work!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

AFBrat77

Wrong answer.

Liberals are often smart enough to realize that for us to remain as the top country in the world it is necessary to move to the left IN THIS DAY AND AGE.

A Republican approach is a downward spiral at this point in time.

I wouldn't say downward spiral, but it seems like the Republican bases is always try to recreate the good-old-days, which means avoiding adjusting to a rapidly global society.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

jimkabrhel

Wrong answer.

A Republican approach is a downward spiral at this point in time.

I wouldn't say downward spiral, but it seems like the Republican bases is always try to recreate the good-old-days, which means avoiding adjusting to a rapidly global society.

ok, I'd go with that. I think your point is on target.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Because taxes are ridiculously high.The-Apostle
lmao

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

People are nice unless you live on one of the coasts

:( I'm nice

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I love my country but I'll still call it out on the stupid things it does and still supports.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

I don't 'hate' America but don't like the government in terms of size, spending and waste. We also try to play policeman for the world which never works out well and costs us trillions.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Being unhappy with the government and feeling like people are being thrown under to bus to represent corporations does not mean that one hates the entirety of America.
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#47 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#48 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

People are nice unless you live on one of the coasts

:( I'm nice

limpbizkit818
Can't stand ya!
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#49 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

heres my reason

---- health care 

the most important thing yet it costs us thousands if not millions of dollars out of our own pocket ---and not everyone makes that kind of money ,this government is  all about the money not the people,   

free health care would help  alot  ,   but instead they enforce a law by 2014 if you dont have health insurance-another thing you gotta pay for --- you go to jail or face fines..  first they impose car insurance laws thats good but , now its health insurance whats next-  inforcing home insurance and  then life insurance  this country is garbage any way you spin it

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Just because I don't like my government doesn't mean I hate America.