Why do Americans, Europeans, etc, HATE immigrants SO MUCH?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5847 Posts

Drunk_pi: if you agree that illegal immigrants are breaking the law, then you do not disagree with my statement. I do believe that there should be immigration reform, but we have been saying that for a long time.

the argument is often used the immigrants are doing jobs that other Americans would rather not do, but they are still doing them illegally. A criminal should not be able to do a job.are companies able to go to prison and pull out the criminals to to supplement the workforce? Are they able to pay them for 2-5 dollars an hour and not offer health insurance? That is what people who hire illegal immigrants do. They unfairly subsidize their workforce by paying people less than what a legal American will work for. They also offer them less benefits then what a legal American is entitled to.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

@sayyy-gaa said:

Drunk_pi: if you agree that illegal immigrants are breaking the law, then you do not disagree with my statement. I do believe that there should be immigration reform, but we have been saying that for a long time.

the argument is often used the immigrants are doing jobs that other Americans would rather not do, but they are still doing them illegally. A criminal should not be able to do a job.are companies able to go to prison and pull out the criminals to to supplement the workforce? Are they able to pay them for 2-5 dollars an hour and not offer health insurance? That is what people who hire illegal immigrants do. They unfairly subsidize their workforce by paying people less than what a legal American will work for. They also offer them less benefits then what a legal American is entitled to.

No one "takes jobs" from anyone else. There aren't illegal immigrants hiding in bushes waiting for a white guy to pass by, jump out, and go "look! there's an American! Lets take his job!" People earn jobs. Employers provide them to people willing to work. For the vast majority of jobs, citizenship status has no effect on their capacity to perform their tasks. I care far less about their citizenship status than i do about their economic contribution in the form of taxes. If they aren't going around breaking other laws and they pay their taxes, why should i care if they are here legally or otherwise?

I can assure you that far, far, far more legal residents are evading taxes than illegal immigrants are. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if many illegal immigrants overpay taxes. Since so many of them are afraid of getting deported, many of them do not claim their yearly tax standard deduction despite the fact that they are legally entitled to do so.

And funnily enough, yes, there is a huge market for prisoners to perform manufacturing work in the united states.

SerpentMage36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SerpentMage36
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

For a lot of them, its a, "me, me, me" mentality. They want to close the borders and not let people come into their country because they have a ignorant attitude that more people just means more people on welfare who are a drain on the system.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 169997 Posts

@serpentmage36 said:

For a lot of them, its a, "me, me, me" mentality. They want to close the borders and not let people come into their country because they have a ignorant attitude that more people just means more people on welfare who are a drain on the system.

Hence why there are immigration laws.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Europeans hate immigrants way more than Americans do.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5847 Posts

@XaosII: touche. learn something everyday. didn't know about prisoners and manufacturing jobs. Having said that if an illegal immigrant has a job in America by definition they should not legally have it. This means they are taking a job from someone who is legally entitled to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

One thing I really hate is how Latin Americans are assumed to be democratic illegal immigrant supporters.

My family worked hard and sacrificed a lot to make it to America legally so we do not appreciate people trying get a free pass in.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 169997 Posts

@playmynutz said:

One thing I really hate is how Latin Americans are assumed to be democratic illegal immigrant supporters.

My family worked hard and sacrificed a lot to make it to America legally so we do not appreciate people trying get a free pass in.

Welcome to the US.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 16486 Posts

Shit, people here in the south have problems with 'Yanks' coming down here. You think they're going to go light on people of other nationalities?

I was born and bred in the south, some good people here, but a lot of dumbasses who couldn't calculate their way out of 3rd grade live here, too.

thegerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 thegerg
Member since 2010 • 18446 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@zmplki14 said:

The world is one big place. We are all human beings. Why shouldn't we have the freedom to go, work & earn incomes & profits from wherever we want, whenever we want, & however we want, as long as we are NOT doing anything dangerous or illegal?

Being an Asian-born guy myself, & currently studying Mechanical Engineering (with specialization in CAD, designing, digital arts, & so on), I WANT to work in American & European video-gaming, automobile & architectural companies & corporations, and earn decent amounts of annual incomes as well (somewhere like $150,000 USD, to $200,000 USD, per year), because, in India, these types of opportunities are EXTREMELY LIMITED, and I cannot earn more than $30,000 USD per year (that too, if I’m lucky), if I work in my country, doing Government or Private jobs.

I am the ONLY SON of my family. My father is going to retire soon. My mom has severe arthritis & heart-problems. Our genetically-related kith, kin & blood-relatives, are busy with their own personal lives, average incomes & financial problems. I don’t have MUCH inherited properties to receive from them (maybe somewhere around a piece of land worth $40,000 USD, that’s it). I don’t have a job as of now, my mother keeps ill almost all the time (my mother was a teacher, but now a home-maker), my father earns a meager (he is an electrical engineer) $10,000 USD per year (in Indian currency, INR 6,00,000 per year, assuming $1 USD=60 INR), which is being heavily consumed in monthly expenses, food, clothing, basics, college fees, & so on.

Almost ALL the internet websites HEAVILY CRITICIZE legal, educated & qualified immigrants (especially Indians, Chinese, Japanese, etc); the modes of work visas, H1-B visas, work permits, green cards, & so on; & MOSTLY American-born people (Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Latinos, Natives, etc); European-born people (UK, Germany, France, etc); Russian people, Australian people, etc, hate us SO MUCH, & almost always try to criticize us, shame us, falsely accuse us of heinous crimes, be racist to us, & so on.

Now, with the advent of modern feminism, we are also seeing things like, boys dropping out of schools & colleges; men dropping out of the workforce due to affirmative actions; & so on. I am currently a boy in my late teens/early 20s, and I CANNOT RISK MY LIFE doing dangerous occupations. I HAVE to earn money to save my life & my parents. So please, I request ALL OF YOU, to kindly avoid hating legal, educated & qualified foreign born people, individuals, immigrants, who have just come to legally & properly work, earn decent incomes (& pay taxes), in your developed countries.

[Please Note: All the financial data & currency exchange rates are in accordance to the economic & financial conditions of the year ranges of early 2010s. Thank you for reading & answering.]

If you really are asian then i highly doubt you would meet any hate with 99.9999% of the population in any western european country. Asians are usually well-educated, hard workers and have no problem integrating into the society.

What most people do how ever have a problem with is religious people from societies that are highly religious and demand the same in the country they come to, when most western societies in europe have left this to be a personal choice and something that should be left at home and not pushed onto other people.

So i dont recognize what you mention at all.

"If you really are asian then i highly doubt you would meet any hate with 99.9999% of the population in any western european country."

I'm not so sure about that. There is pretty strong anti-Arab/anti-Muslim sentiment in many places throughout Western Europe.

thegerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 thegerg
Member since 2010 • 18446 Posts

For the same reasons Asians, Africans, etc. do.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@thegerg said:

For the same reasons Asians, Africans, etc. do.

Care to explain mrgerg:)

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#64 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Hate is a strong word.. id say people really dislike uncontrolled MASS immigration.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#65 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I don't hate immigrants. I hate what they do, breaking our immigration laws to come here. It's especially galling when the government (both state and federal) encourages illegal immigration. To me, it's a big slap in the face to US citizens and people who came here legally.

If you want to come to the US, that's great-- just don't break our laws to do it.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@GazaAli said:

For the native population I can see how seeing their homeland being seemingly overrun by complete aliens to the place can be hard to digest for them. They fear for their cultural heritage, civilization, for their values and these alongside others are legitimate concerns unlike what many,

Thia is the main issue. That an with economic disparity wide open borders would cause a large portion of the world population to live on a very small part of the land. I happen to like diversity on a global scale and would want any people or cultures to die out, a master race is not something I support.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@sayyy-gaa said:

I am from America and generally speaking I have no problem with immigrants. America itself is a nation of immigrants. The problem I have is with illegal immigrants. By the very definition illegal immigrants are breaking the law and are criminals.illegal immigrants take away jobs from Americans and they also use taxpayer money and lobbyists money for their own purposes and agendas.

Not this line again. I am not an immigrant, I was born here and my family has been here for centuries. Once you are born here you are not an immigrant. The rest is true.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@GazaAli said:

For the native population I can see how seeing their homeland being seemingly overrun by complete aliens to the place can be hard to digest for them. They fear for their cultural heritage, civilization, for their values and these alongside others are legitimate concerns unlike what many,

Thia is the main issue. That an with economic disparity wide open borders would cause a large portion of the world population to live on a very small part of the land. I happen to like diversity on a global scale and would want any people or cultures to die out, a master race is not something I support.

Which again is a legitimate concern. But as I stated these societies cannot sustain themselves without immigration; it is a price they pay for their mode of existence of choice. What I'm trying to demonstrate here is the fallaciousness of the discourse of immigration on moral grounds. These societies have the right to openly and uninhibitedly discuss this issue without being shamefaced or apologetic, but they should examine it on accurate and valid basis. People can talk all they want about cultural heritage and purity, but it will be worthless and their leaderships will discard of it unless an alternative is provided.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Lol, Americans and Europeans hate immigrants? All this despite bringing in millions of them when nobody has a gun to their heads to do it. Yep, makes sense.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts
@GazaAli said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@GazaAli said:

Which again is a legitimate concern. But as I stated these societies cannot sustain themselves without immigration; it is a price they pay for their mode of existence of choice. What I'm trying to demonstrate here is the fallaciousness of the discourse of immigration on moral grounds. These societies have the right to openly and uninhibitedly discuss this issue without being shamefaced or apologetic, but they should examine it on accurate and valid basis. People can talk all they want about cultural heritage and purity, but it will be worthless and their leaderships will discard of it unless an alternative is provided.

That is false. Immigration is needed in America and Europe because of the low birth rates. In other words immigrants become the children Americans and especially Europeans refuse to have. Outlaw abortion and immigration at its current levels is no longer.necessary. One can argue that mass immigration is preferable to banned abortion. But regardless which side of that argument you're on the fact remains that immigration is needed to sustain our abortion/birth control cultures, not our societies themselves.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:
@GazaAli said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@GazaAli said:

That is false. Immigration is needed in America and Europe because of the low birth rates. In other words immigrants become the children Americans and especially Europeans refuse to have. Outlaw abortion and immigration at its current levels is no longer.necessary. One can argue that mass immigration is preferable to banned abortion. But regardless which side of that argument you're on the fact remains that immigration is needed to sustain our abortion/birth control cultures, not our societies themselves.

I was hinting at the declining population of these societies, regardless of the reason behind it.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I feel like Europeans have legitimate gripes. Their main source of immigration is the middle east which has a shit regressive culture.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The main reason mostly boils down to there being more competition within the job market, especially when there isn't enough jobs to go around.

Loading Video...

Southpark said it best

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@zmplki14: I don't think the attitude you describe is as wide spread as you may think.... I've certainly never come across anyone saying anything bad about legal immigrants. Plenty of bad talk around here about illegal immigrants but that all seems to be directed at Mexico. I think perhaps these people are probably just racist and can't admit that to themselves. Immigration restrictions, I've heard, can be quite a lot here but if you want to become a citizen and can offer value to the society then you will be able to become a citizen.

I've never personally seen any racism towards any Asian race either. Perhaps because where I am from there were very few. You may think that would make it worse for those few but it always seemed to me they were well liked and widely accepted.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 commander
Member since 2010 • 15709 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

The main reason mostly boils down to there being more competition within the job market, especially when there isn't enough jobs to go around.

Southpark said it best

Jobs are one thing, it's the different values that make it a lot harder.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I am Canadian and I hate immigrants too. They take away potential jobs from me. Canada was amazing back in the 90's. We were at the top of the world. Then all the 3rd world countries came flooding to North America, Women got rights to work and the native populations up north are demanding they get jobs.

So basically since I am a white male, I am not allowed to work. This country now has "mandates" and such to hire X amount of immigrants, women and other minorities before hiring white men.

It is unfair that I can't even get a job at McDonald's because they hire everyone else. There is no more jobs available and I have run out of options in my home country. There is no point in bothering moving to another country for me because the rest of the world is worse off than us.

It just sickens me that Canada is becoming a 3rd world. My only option is too continue searching for work, leech off the welfare system and pray I don't end up homeless or dead which can happen any month now.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Southpark said it best

Jobs are one thing, it's the different values that make it a lot harder.

Those mcdonalds and field worker jobs are in high demand after all.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 15709 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I am Canadian and I hate immigrants too. They take away potential jobs from me. Canada was amazing back in the 90's. We were at the top of the world. Then all the 3rd world countries came flooding to North America, Women got rights to work and the native populations up north are demanding they get jobs.

So basically since I am a white male, I am not allowed to work. This country now has "mandates" and such to hire X amount of immigrants, women and other minorities before hiring white men.

It is unfair that I can't even get a job at McDonald's because they hire everyone else. There is no more jobs available and I have run out of options in my home country. There is no point in bothering moving to another country for me because the rest of the world is worse off than us.

It just sickens me that Canada is becoming a 3rd world. My only option is too continue searching for work, leech off the welfare system and pray I don't end up homeless or dead which can happen any month now.

Women got right's to work in the nineties?

damn you really are a progressive country lmao

vardahoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#79  Edited By vardahoth
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Watch these two videos and you will understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7TZXB5ANT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvdBn6dx4fo

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

NECRO. FLAGGED

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Inferiority complex. Immigrants often bring rich culture with them. Westerners doesn't want to be reminded how grey, lifeless and dull their countries are.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 123251 Posts

@indzman said:

NECRO. FLAGGED

Thank you.