Why do Americans, Europeans, etc, HATE immigrants SO MUCH?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Its very easy to blame others for faults in failures in a society or a community, and who is the easiest to blame? The outside. The immigrant. Having a hard time finding a job? An Immigrant took it. Taxes got raised? Immigrants leeching off support system. Neighborhood being changed? Thats cuz more immigrants are moving in. Crime rate going up? All these unchecked illegal immigrants.

I can't speak to European countries, but i'm not convinced that theres not much of a significant negative social or economic impact of even illegal immigration. Anyone against legal immigration is just a plain idiot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well, I can not speak for the US or other parts of Europe, but here in Northern Europe, the issues we have with immigrants tend to be the middle Eastern ones, and it is fairly wrong at that to call them immigrants, since most of them are refugees.

Anyways the issue with the regufees is not that they are here, but the outright disdain they Express for the society and absolute unwillingness to even attempt to be part of society. Basicly what we got was a huge crimewave, not alot of extra hands at the workplaces, and huge Medical billes and invalid pensions due to mental disorders.

Not that it is a one way issue exactly, but alot of those refugees do not even bother learning the language of this country, making it hard for them to get Work, since most jobs are service minded.

Many workplaces are just as bad, those who try to intigrate with the country often fel stonewalled because of most employers are so slow, and sceptical about the capabilities of (especially the children of the refugees) who suddenly find it hard to get a job, even if fluent in multiple languages, simply because they have a last name such as "Hassan" which is pretty much Bull. In part to a society that was not geared for the relatively large amount of people with the same background (which is naother issue, that alot of the refugees comes from the same place, so they have the same noition of society and what it should be, and they simply Draw together and make an enclave, with Little willingness to interact with the rest of the country. While crying for Sahria Laws.

However you asked about immigrants. Those are quite another story, most East asians up here are immigrants, and honestly, they tend to have Little to no issues on getting allowed in, finding jobs and being part of society. They tend to be good workers, willing to find jobs, and more important, they tend to share a mindset that allowes for integration.

So My guess is that in alot of Europe they have similar issues, and it is just that all people moving to Europe tend to be considered immigrants, althrough we talk about two widely different Groups of people.

Not sure about how the US handles thier immigrants, but my assumption is that they have a similar issue, and the media is too piss poor to Draw the distinction between the two kinds of Groups (or overwhelming amount of political correctness).

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8242 Posts

I can't speak for Europeans, but here in the US the vast majority of people don't have a problem with immigrants as long as they came here legally and don't try to leech off of the system. You might have a few racists here and there that are against ALL immigrants but they are the minority. It becomes a problem when people who are pro-illegal immigration try to paint anybody who is against opening the floodgates as a racist, since that is possibly the easiest way to discredit somebody that has a different opinion than you.

One thing I can tell you about American immigration is if you have a skill we need and can find a company to sponsor you then it's a hell of a lot easier to get a visa than some random person in Mexico that has no skills to offer. When I lived in North Carolina there were a crapload of doctors in my area that were from India (to include my PCM).

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5941 Posts

Well, some things are simply not going so well in The Netherlands where I live.

• Since we're a part of the EU, we are being told by Brussels (where the HQ is) how many refugees we should take in. No matter if we can handle them or not.
  • We did a little better than expected economically last year, and for doing so, we have to pay an additional 1,1 billion euro's to EU. So now that we're finally doing better, we're getting punished, talk about motivation to do better...
  • There are open borders in the EU, so people from eastern europe are allowed to work here, which is fine... but their living expenses are drastically lower, so their salaries are way lower than ours as well, which brings incredibly unequal competition. And we already have a jobs shortage over here.
  • Furthermore, they spend the money that they earned here in their own country, so that's another negative for our economy.
  • Since we can't rescue our economy with manual labor (which is being done in our country by foreigners, or is being done in foreign countries) we have to focus on education to keep ourselves afloat in the future. But since all points above happen, there has been a massive cut in education budgets, making it tough for people to be able to pay for a good education.
byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1947 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

When I lived in North Carolina there were a crapload of doctors in my area that were from India (to include my PCM).

A while ago, when I was taking an entry level economics course, the professor went on a looong rant about how the AMA is doing more bad than good for the US by keeping a lot of intelligent, qualified students out of medical school and because of that, the US was draining other nations of their MDs and DOs just to have an almost reasonable doctor to patient ratio. I mention that to back up ad1x2's earlier point that if you have a skill the US wants we'll take you and I don't think anyone here would complain, except those trying to fix the system to keep demand for skilled jobs high, but supply low.

As for illegal immigrants, diddo to what everyone else said.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I think the issue of immigration and cultural purity is a multifaceted issue that's difficult attribute to a single side or one factor. For the native population I can see how seeing their homeland being seemingly overrun by complete aliens to the place can be hard to digest for them. They fear for their cultural heritage, civilization, for their values and these alongside others are legitimate concerns unlike what many, including some of their own compatriots, would make them and everybody else believe. But in reality they, for the most part, have no one but themselves to blame for this surge of aliens for had they managed to maintain their own populace they wouldn't have needed these immigrants to begin with. I will continue to reiterate the following every time this topic is brought up: states cannot be benevolent; the best and most righteous they can be on the moral spectrum is neutral. A declining population is economically unsustainable and to refer back to the natives' concern for their own cultural heritage and civilization, a declining population will abolish these at a much faster rate than being overrun by immigrants and expatriates. At the very least, it could be argued that something can be done in the latter situation to counter the ramifications of a declining population whereas in the former there's very little to be practically done. Besides, what most if not all the societies that continue to have this discourse fail to grasp is that they own a great part of what they believe to be worth protecting to these immigrants. The economic prosperity and the scientific and technological advancement these societies highly prize and which constitute the backbone of their current superiority are to a considerable extent the fruits of the labor of nonnatives. So while a large portion of the native population is living a laid back life and parading the streets with rainbow flags while majoring in gender studies, LGBT studies among other frivolous majors, some of these immigrants are toiling and laboring in the greatest studies a man can commit himself to. The latter are who allow the former to afford such a life.

I already see that the Middle East has been brought up in this discussion. Someone should come up with a variant of Godwin's law to cover that trend. At any rate, Middle Eastern states just like the vast majority of states from all over the world have both degenerates and brainiacs. I'm sorry that Europe has shitty immigration policies and headhunting capabilities. Arab immigrants in the U.S are among the best immigrant demographics there and I have observed through personal experience how the U.S is both quite eager and thorough in seeking potential immigrants from the region. Their median income is higher than the population's and they hold a disproportionate rate of management positions compared to the national rate. They're also better educated. On the other hand, I've seen people being granted legal entry and residence permits to western European states that made me literally scratch my head in perplexity. Personally I don't understand Europe's immigration policies its such a mystery.

None of this entirely acquits immigrants in relation to the issues of integration and giving back to their hosts. If you leave your home country to live somewhere else you abide by the laws of your host country. You don't have to follow their lifestyle but the least you could do is not to attempt to subvert it forcibly. You ought to integrate yourself in the overall process so long as it grants you the liberty of going your own way. Unless you actually have the power and the numbers to achieve such ends in which case the country is effectively yours and whatever culture used to exist prior to that is a bygone already. Most importantly however is the imperativeness of giving back to your hosts. Mooching off is just lowly and hardly justifiable.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 169654 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

I can't speak for Europeans, but here in the US the vast majority of people don't have a problem with immigrants as long as they came here legally and don't try to leech off of the system. You might have a few racists here and there that are against ALL immigrants but they are the minority. It becomes a problem when people who are pro-illegal immigration try to paint anybody who is against opening the floodgates as a racist, since that is possibly the easiest way to discredit somebody that has a different opinion than you.

One thing I can tell you about American immigration is if you have a skill we need and can find a company to sponsor you then it's a hell of a lot easier to get a visa than some random person in Mexico that has no skills to offer. When I lived in North Carolina there were a crapload of doctors in my area that were from India (to include my PCM).

Well said.....

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

I can't speak for Europeans, but here in the US the vast majority of people don't have a problem with immigrants as long as they came here legally and don't try to leech off of the system.

That's virtually impossible to do in the U.S lol

airshocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By airshocker
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Most people don't have a problem with immigrants so long as they assimilate the culture that's accepting them.

In my area, nobody would have an issue with the hasidim if they assimilated. They won't. They force themselves and their followers to live in squalor and then shun the society that has been accepting them. They live in multi-family households that get exempted from property taxes simply because the inhabitants can claim it's a place of worship.

I don't have a problem with anybody that shares my love of freedom who wants to come and enjoy it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20282 Posts

@zmplki14 said:

The world is one big place. We are all human beings. Why shouldn't we have the freedom to go, work & earn incomes & profits from wherever we want, whenever we want, & however we want, as long as we are NOT doing anything dangerous or illegal?

Being an Asian-born guy myself, & currently studying Mechanical Engineering (with specialization in CAD, designing, digital arts, & so on), I WANT to work in American & European video-gaming, automobile & architectural companies & corporations, and earn decent amounts of annual incomes as well (somewhere like $150,000 USD, to $200,000 USD, per year), because, in India, these types of opportunities are EXTREMELY LIMITED, and I cannot earn more than $30,000 USD per year (that too, if I’m lucky), if I work in my country, doing Government or Private jobs.

I am the ONLY SON of my family. My father is going to retire soon. My mom has severe arthritis & heart-problems. Our genetically-related kith, kin & blood-relatives, are busy with their own personal lives, average incomes & financial problems. I don’t have MUCH inherited properties to receive from them (maybe somewhere around a piece of land worth $40,000 USD, that’s it). I don’t have a job as of now, my mother keeps ill almost all the time (my mother was a teacher, but now a home-maker), my father earns a meager (he is an electrical engineer) $10,000 USD per year (in Indian currency, INR 6,00,000 per year, assuming $1 USD=60 INR), which is being heavily consumed in monthly expenses, food, clothing, basics, college fees, & so on.

Almost ALL the internet websites HEAVILY CRITICIZE legal, educated & qualified immigrants (especially Indians, Chinese, Japanese, etc); the modes of work visas, H1-B visas, work permits, green cards, & so on; & MOSTLY American-born people (Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Latinos, Natives, etc); European-born people (UK, Germany, France, etc); Russian people, Australian people, etc, hate us SO MUCH, & almost always try to criticize us, shame us, falsely accuse us of heinous crimes, be racist to us, & so on.

Now, with the advent of modern feminism, we are also seeing things like, boys dropping out of schools & colleges; men dropping out of the workforce due to affirmative actions; & so on. I am currently a boy in my late teens/early 20s, and I CANNOT RISK MY LIFE doing dangerous occupations. I HAVE to earn money to save my life & my parents. So please, I request ALL OF YOU, to kindly avoid hating legal, educated & qualified foreign born people, individuals, immigrants, who have just come to legally & properly work, earn decent incomes (& pay taxes), in your developed countries.

[Please Note: All the financial data & currency exchange rates are in accordance to the economic & financial conditions of the year ranges of early 2010s. Thank you for reading & answering.]

If you really are asian then i highly doubt you would meet any hate with 99.9999% of the population in any western european country. Asians are usually well-educated, hard workers and have no problem integrating into the society.

What most people do how ever have a problem with is religious people from societies that are highly religious and demand the same in the country they come to, when most western societies in europe have left this to be a personal choice and something that should be left at home and not pushed onto other people.

So i dont recognize what you mention at all.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25254 Posts

@zmplki14 said:

Almost ALL the internet websites HEAVILY CRITICIZE legal, educated & qualified immigrants (especially Indians, Chinese, Japanese, etc); the modes of work visas, H1-B visas, work permits, green cards, & so on; & MOSTLY American-born people (Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Latinos, Natives, etc); European-born people (UK, Germany, France, etc); Russian people, Australian people, etc, hate us SO MUCH, & almost always try to criticize us, shame us, falsely accuse us of heinous crimes, be racist to us, & so on.

Can you provide links to these sites? I want to see what sites you're surfing that have so much hate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic

@GazaAli said:

@ad1x2 said:

I can't speak for Europeans, but here in the US the vast majority of people don't have a problem with immigrants as long as they came here legally and don't try to leech off of the system.

That's virtually impossible to do in the U.S lol

Always entertaining when someone ignorant speaks as though they have experience/knowledge.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@ad1x2 said:

LOL its kinda funny that descendants of immigrants think they can dictate how other immigrants should behave.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

airshocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By airshocker

@Jacanuk said:

LOL its kinda funny that descendants of immigrants think they can dictate how other immigrants should behave.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Laws dictate how people behave all of the time. I don't see you calling us hypocritical for outlawing murder, or theft.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jun_aka_pekto

@Jacanuk said:

@ad1x2 said:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

I'm reading it line by line. Show me where the descendants are dictating how other immigrants should behave.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk

@airshocker said:

@Jacanuk said:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Laws dictate how people behave all of the time. I don't see you calling us hypocritical for outlawing murder, or theft.

Well, clearly i wasn't commenting on the immigration laws of america. But since you mention them they are pretty hilarious to witness and the amount of red tape is just ludicrous for any democratic country, but its not for nothing America is called the land of the lawyers.

airshocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 airshocker

@Jacanuk said:

@airshocker said:

@Jacanuk said:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Well, clearly i wasn't commenting on the immigration laws of america. But since you mention them they are pretty hilarious to witness and the amount of red tape is just ludicrous for any democratic country, but its not for nothing America is called the land of the lawyers.

We're not talking about immigration laws. We're talking about laws in general. Are we hypocritical for outlawing murder? If not, then how are we hypocritical for dictating how people behave in general?

By coming to the US you are subject to our laws. That's how society works.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

@airshocker said:

@Jacanuk said:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.....

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jun_aka_pekto

@Jacanuk said:

@airshocker said:

@Jacanuk said:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Enlighten us on your country's efficiency then.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

You know how it works here....rag on the US but don't mention what flawed country one lives in....that way they can't be called out on their crap.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 39525 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

You know how it works here....rag on the US but don't mention what flawed country one lives in....that way they can't be called out on their crap.

If America didn't come across as arrogant: they wouldn't be the promninant target.,That's generally "how it works".

airshocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 airshocker

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

Perhaps if America didn't come across as arrogant: they wouldn't be the promninant target.

That's how it works.

Perhaps if the inhabitants of other countries didn't come across as ignorant, we wouldn't seem so arrogant.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

If America didn't come across as arrogant: they wouldn't be the promninant target.,That's "how it works".

I've noticed arrogance from other countries as well.....except I don't spend my time bashing them. Get over yourself.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uninspiredcup

@LJS9502_basic said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

If America didn't come across as arrogant: they wouldn't be the promninant target.,That's "how it works".

I've noticed arrogance from other countries as well.....except I don't spend my time bashing them. Get over yourself.

The logic of "oh well: they do it; it cancelled it self out" doesn't really work when America has become renowned to the point of self-parody.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

The logic of "oh well: they do it; it cancelled it self out" doesn't really work when America has become renowned to the point of self-parody.

I don't care what fucking country you come from there is stereotypes and generalizations about it. And only the ignorant uneducated morons of the world espouse those as though they were true. Congrats....now make another uninspired crap thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I don't think we do, otherwise why are we still accepting tens of millions of them in?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@zmplki14 said:

Can you provide links to these sites? I want to see what sites you're surfing that have so much hate.

/int/ probably

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

I never claimed that my country doesn't have its flaws.

But again America is made up by mostly immigrants and its not even that long ago. So a big chunk are not more than 2nd or 3rd row. So its funny to hear them complain and get angry when other people come to America.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

But again America is made up by mostly immigrants and its not even that long ago. So a big chunk are not more than 2nd or 3rd row. So its funny to hear them complain and get angry when other people come to America.

Considering the population size.....at best you're believing in the vocal minority. Most people do NOT care......legal immigration does NOT make anyone froth.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jun_aka_pekto

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

Tell us how your country deals with immigrants who cross into your country's borders without any sort of documentation.

While you're at it, tell us what country it is. What are you so afraid of?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uninspiredcup

@LJS9502_basic said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't care what fucking country you come from there is stereotypes and generalizations about it. And only the ignorant uneducated morons of the world espouse those as though they were true. Congrats....now make another uninspired crap thread.

In all likelihood you are conditioned to think this as well. It has permeated media for decades. To somehow think you are above it is most likely ignorance.

Take for example a video game (for the sake of argument).... "The Witcher" The main character (the hero) is a American along with a mainly American sounding cast. The less important: side NPC's are British.

Even though the developers themselves are not American: they feel a need to kneel down to stereotypical archetypes. Chances are when you (or whoever) is sitting playing this video games: it doesn't even cross your mind. It's just accepted.

Very sad.

Lords Of Shadow was a great game: lovely Scottish voice.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

In all likelihood you are conditioned to think this as well. It has permeated media for decades. To somehow think you are above it is most likely ignorance.

Take for example a video game (for the sake of argument).... "The Witcher" The main character (the hero) is a American along with a mainly American sounding cast. The less important: side NPC's are British.

Even though the developers themselves are not American: they feel a need to kneel down to stereotypical archetypes. Chances are when you (or whoever) is sitting playing this video games: it doesn't even cross your mind. It's just accepted.

Very sad.

Thank you providing the proof for my post......

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 uninspiredcup

@LJS9502_basic said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Very sad.

Thank you providing the proof for my post......

Uh huh.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacanuk

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

Tell us how your country deals with immigrants who cross into your country's borders without any sort of documentation.

While you're at it, tell us what country it is. What are you so afraid of?

Oh, sorry i thought my name kinda gave where i am from away. But since you missed it i am from the country that made America ...... and have been dealing with immigrants since we owned most of the world

and just in case you still have problems, i am from UK.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Jacanuk said:

Oh, sorry i thought my name kinda gave where i am from away. But since you missed it i am from the country that made America ...... and have been dealing with immigrants since we owned most of the world

You're from the UK. Cool.

So tell me. How do the UK deal with undocumented immigrants that makes it better than the US?

Edit:

Googling around, it seems the US is quite a bit more lenient with illegals than most other countries. Another thing to note is the illegals here have a strong voice/advocates who are fighting for them, including the POTUS.

Can you show something better that the UK is doing?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Jacanuk said:

You're from the UK. Cool.

So tell me. How do the UK deal with undocumented immigrants that makes it better than the US?

Well, i wasn´t just talking about illegal immigrants. But also the legal ones. I take it you are an american so of course you haven't been in contact with the immigration laws.

I have how ever and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QplQL5eAxlY is not just John Oliver going bananas. The amount of cash i have to spend on immigration lawyers to make sure that the forms are filled out correct has made me rethink seriously if i should take my educated behind to america. And the funny thing is that i have a law degree, admittingly its european law but still, not to mention that i even took a course in american laws. And i still have to get a another lawyer simply because its too complex and a simple misunderstanding can make everything invalid.

Anyways back to UK, and here most illegal immigrants can seek asylum and those who can't will be deported. Legal immigrants can easily without the help of a lawyer go to any british embassy and get the forms they need to apply for entry.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@Jacanuk said:

Well, i wasn´t just talking about illegal immigrants. But also the legal ones. I take it you are an american so of course you haven't been in contact with the immigration laws.

I have how ever and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QplQL5eAxlY is not just John Oliver going bananas. The amount of cash i have to spend on immigration lawyers to make sure that the forms are filled out correct has made me rethink seriously if i should take my educated behind to america. And the funny thing is that i have a law degree, admittingly its european law but still, not to mention that i even took a course in american laws. And i still have to get a another lawyer simply because its too complex and a simple misunderstanding can make everything invalid.

Anyways back to UK, and here most illegal immigrants can seek asylum and those who can't will be deported. Legal immigrants can easily without the help of a lawyer go to any british embassy and get the forms they need to apply for entry.

I'm actually very familiar with US immigration laws because my wife is from the Philippines. My brother in law is here (with us), my brother in law's wife is in Alaska, my mother in law is here, my wife's niece is here (plus another niece in London ;) ), and my wife's nephew was sponsored by the Department of Defense to immigrate here, get a job as a math teacher, and now working on his PhD. All of them immigrated legally. They're all well educated and they've integrated themselves into society with no problem.

Aside from my wife and mother in law, they all immigrated within the last decade. All of them have said it was no problem immigrating here to the US.

It also helped that I was one of their sponsors who can vouch for them.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

legal or not, why that it matter?.. they don't have to like people come here to steal their jobs. yeah, I agreed with the world belonged to all of us, but it doesn't work that way.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jacanuk

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

I'm actually very familiar with US immigration laws because my wife is from the Philippines. My brother in law is here (with us), my brother in law's wife is in Alaska, my mother in law is here, my wife's niece is here (plus another niece in London ;) ), and my wife's nephew was sponsored by the Department of Defense to immigrate here and now working on his PhD. All of them immigrated legally. They're all well educated and they've integrated themselves into society with no problem.

Aside from my wife and mother in law, they all immigrated within the last decade. All of them have said it was no problem immigrating here to the US. It was the PH trying to let go of them.

Nice, your family have been lucky but it is also a fair bit easier to get a partner when you have a us resident to sponsor you.

It´s a bit more complex when you need to do its a skiller labour who need to find a job first. But even with work acquired its a pain. First a LCA, then a H1-B visa application which can cost up to 1.000$. And that is just a tempoary , then you have the real application later to make you a naturalised citizen.

It can cost upwards of around 5-15.000$ so its certainly not cheap.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

We don't want our countries to turn to shit like the countries people fled from did. Northern Europe values, especially sweden values, aren't compatible with the people coming here. We get 100.000+ "refugees" annually, mostly with low education, to a country with a population of 9,5 million. We have a very lenient relative-immigation laws aswell, so if someone gets to stay here, they can bring their whole family here aswell. So around 250.000-300.000 "refugees" annually if you want to be optimistic.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jun_aka_pekto

@Jacanuk said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Jacanuk said:

I'm actually very familiar with US immigration laws because my wife is from the Philippines. My brother in law is here (with us), my brother in law's wife is in Alaska, my mother in law is here, my wife's niece is here (plus another niece in London ;) ), and my wife's nephew was sponsored by the Department of Defense to immigrate here and now working on his PhD. All of them immigrated legally. They're all well educated and they've integrated themselves into society with no problem.

Aside from my wife and mother in law, they all immigrated within the last decade. All of them have said it was no problem immigrating here to the US. It was the PH trying to let go of them.

Nice, your family have been lucky but it is also a fair bit easier to get a partner when you have a us resident to sponsor you.

It´s a bit more complex when you need to do its a skiller labour who need to find a job first. But even with work acquired its a pain. First a LCA, then a H1-B visa application which can cost up to 1.000$. And that is just a tempoary , then you have the real application later to make you a naturalised citizen.

It can cost upwards of around 5-15.000$ so its certainly not cheap.

I'll have to contact my niece (in law) who currently lives in London with her family and find out what she did to immigrate there. From my understanding, both she and her husband immigrated together. They may have had to go through a worker's visa first.

amyswain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 amyswain
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm in no way racist at all but I think Immigration is a definitely a huge problem in England, our government is weak - I was watching a Benefits show the other day and there was a father in Romania claiming benefits from the UK which was funding to build his home in the other country? What?!?! while plenty of families are freezing in England, this winter, without a home. I also found out yesterday we're not allowed to say 'Happy Christmas' anymore because Muslims don't celebrate it and it's offensive, we have to say Happy Holidays. Muslims avoid the bedroom tax to have a prayer room, but Christians don't get that. Born British people are the people worse off which is why there is such an outrage about it, I'm fine with religion but not when it's forced on other people to do the same. I actually respect immigrants that come over and get a job and earn their own wage for a nice home etc, but they are minority compared to others who just come over here to live the easy life

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#45 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@TheFlush said:

• Since we're a part of the EU, we are being told by Brussels (where the HQ is) how many refugees we should take in. No matter if we can handle them or not.
  • We did a little better than expected economically last year, and for doing so, we have to pay an additional 1,1 billion euro's to EU. So now that we're finally doing better, we're getting punished, talk about motivation to do better...
  • There are open borders in the EU, so people from eastern europe are allowed to work here, which is fine... but their living expenses are drastically lower, so their salaries are way lower than ours as well, which brings incredibly unequal competition. And we already have a jobs shortage over here.
  • Furthermore, they spend the money that they earned here in their own country, so that's another negative for our economy.
  • Since we can't rescue our economy with manual labor (which is being done in our country by foreigners, or is being done in foreign countries) we have to focus on education to keep ourselves afloat in the future. But since all points above happen, there has been a massive cut in education budgets, making it tough for people to be able to pay for a good education.

All of those suck, but a lot of people I've met since I've moved to the NL couldn't care less that I've worked my ass off to learn the language, worked my ass off until I managed to open my own company here or that I've been working my ass off ever since and all the money I make here I spend here. All they see is that I have brown eyes and skin slightly darker than them...that's all the info they need in order to tell me that "I don't belong here and should go back to whatever country I came from" or that "they know my type; lazy, not wanting to work and leeching off the government" (which is frankly ridiculous because I have to pay to live here and the government doesn't give me anything because I'm not a citizen). Last month even had a complete stranger walk up to me while I was donating blood and tell me "it shouldn't be allowed for your sort of people to donate blood and infect us all"...can't blame the dude, he might have an accident, need a blood transfusion and wake up Portuguese because of my blood...that would suck!

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3099 Posts

I disagree TC. As an American, I can confidently say that the US does not hate immigrants. At least we don't hate legal immigrants. However there are a few points I like to make:

• Being the same species is irrelevant, you're dealing with a diverse group of people with their own practices and belief that will definitely contrast. That "we are all human, we should make love and peace and whatever hippy BS" is dumb. Tolerance of one's beliefs as well as adhering to the host country's laws and customs are more important regardless of how much you may dislike it.
  • You assume that only Americans and Europeans hate immigrants. That's not true. There is a vocal minority that hate immigrants and they exist all around the world. Try immigrating to Japan and see how easy it is. If you get lucky, see if they're welcoming. All countries have that one group of people that hate immigrants for one reason and another.
  • You're on the internet: A vocal minority can make themselves appear that they represent the entire country. They do not.
  • Feminism isn't forcing men to drop out of college. Where you got that, I have no idea.
  • TC if you ever want to immigrate to the United States, please go ahead. We don't care and as long as you're a proper citizen in your country and our country, no one gives a damn. If anything, the worst thing about our immigration policy is how bureaucratically incompetent it is.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5847 Posts

I am from America and generally speaking I have no problem with immigrants. America itself is a nation of immigrants. The problem I have is with illegal immigrants. By the very definition illegal immigrants are breaking the law and are criminals.illegal immigrants take away jobs from Americans and they also use taxpayer money and lobbyists money for their own purposes and agendas.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5941 Posts

@korvus said:

@TheFlush said:

All of those suck, but a lot of people I've met since I've moved to the NL couldn't care less that I've worked my ass off to learn the language, worked my ass off until I managed to open my own company here or that I've been working my ass off ever since and all the money I make here I spend here. All they see is that I have brown eyes and skin slightly darker than them...that's all the info they need in order to tell me that "I don't belong here and should go back to whatever country I came from" or that "they know my type; lazy, not wanting to work and leeching off the government" (which is frankly ridiculous because I have to pay to live here and the government doesn't give me anything because I'm not a citizen). Last month even had a complete stranger walk up to me while I was donating blood and tell me "it shouldn't be allowed for your sort of people to donate blood and infect us all"...can't blame the dude, he might have an accident, need a blood transfusion and wake up Portuguese because of my blood...that would suck!

That's horrible... I'm sorry dude. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my fellow citizens. :-/

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#49 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@TheFlush said:

That's horrible... I'm sorry dude. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my fellow citizens. :-/

Thank you for your kindness =) I also know a lot of friendly Dutch people, so I can separate them. But some other foreigners I've met here haven't had the same luck, which is a shame because while I think "Wow, that guy was an asshole!" they just think "Yeah, he's Dutch, what can you expect?" and that kind of thinking doesn't do anybody any favours...

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3099 Posts

@sayyy-gaa said:

I am from America and generally speaking I have no problem with immigrants. America itself is a nation of immigrants. The problem I have is with illegal immigrants. By the very definition illegal immigrants are breaking the law and are criminals.illegal immigrants take away jobs from Americans and they also use taxpayer money and lobbyists money for their own purposes and agendas.

I disagree with your statement. While illegal immigrants are technically breaking the law, most are coming in for a better opportunity and way of life that their host country has failed to do so. They're taking jobs that no American would want to do and the taxpayer money they do use or even abuse is minimal at best.

Our immigration laws are a major problem. It's bureaucratic and incompetent to the point where presidents, regardless of political leaning, grant amnesty to illegal immigrants almost every year, yet the greatest injustice is that we cannot offer an easy pathway or amnesty to Iraqi and Afghan translators who served for the US military? Or even highly skilled/educated foreigners who wish to live here?

Perhaps this should be a call for lax immigration policies as well as open borders simply because we cannot effectively enforce our current laws.