Why are people from the USA such @sshats about Latin Americans?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Memberino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Memberino
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts

Everywhere I go on the internet, I see Americans being generally b1tchy and mean about Latin Americans. Exactly what is the problem here? I'm white European but it really bothers me how Americans are so racist about them. Why do you feel the need to make fun of them all the time?

It just seems like there is such a superior attitude, its disgusting.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
I haven't encountered much of the hate you're describing on the internet, but I will say that a lot of discrimination toward latinos comes from the issue of illegal immigration. I guess its just something that happens when a big new group comes to a country and are seen as "outsiders".
xXInsomniacXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xXInsomniacXx
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts

Stereotypes my friend, stereotypes.

But most people bitter towards latinos that I know, are bitter towards illegal immigrants in general, not so much latinos specifically, just since Mexico is a bordering country, most of our illegal immigrants happen to be latino. But if that isnt the case, I repeat: Stereotypes.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts
What are you talking about? I haven't notice this at all. Kinda in real life but they kid.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
youtube comments should be ignored always.
gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts

A lot of Americans have xenophobia and expect everyone to be like them and have a culture similar to them and if you don't your weird or inferior. Some people have just absurd ideas. Like I was talking to my uncle the other day, and he was trying to justify why white people are the greatest race and why the others deserve to be wiped off the planet. This is not an opinion shared by many people here, but you can kinda understand what it's like if some people actually believe things as crazy as this.

The influx of immigrants from Mexico has definitely contributed to these feelings, but it still is **** stupid. Some people are just **** and I don't know if we'll ever be able to change that about them.

homie13_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 homie13_9
Member since 2006 • 348 Posts
dey jst racist man ive learnd to live wit it..im latin american n i sure dnt like it..but stubborn people cant be reasoned wit..:(
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

Everywhere I go on the internet, I see Americans being generally b1tchy and mean about Latin Americans. Exactly what is the problem here? I'm white European but it really bothers me how Americans are so racist about them. Why do you feel the need to make fun of them all the time?

Memberino
So, if I say I'm an American, I must have issues with other inhabitants of North and South America? Hmm. I'm glad that no one else would discriminate against an entire group based on a minute representation. Oh. Wait...
hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts
Illegal immigration is probably the issue. Though, as an American I don't have a problem with Latin americans and anyone that displays those racist tendencies in my earshot usually receive some choice comments that I reserve for ignorant and racist people.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nifty_Shark
[QUOTE="Memberino"]

muthsera666
So, if I say I'm an American, I must have issues with other inhabitants of North and South America? Hmm. I'm glad that no one else would discriminate against an entire group based on a minute representation. Oh. Wait...

Oh don't be so dur about it. you know what he means. Of course he doesn't mean everyone. It's not like he's going to start naming all the people that don't belong in that group.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

(mediafocus + illegal immigrants) + kids + forums + completely anonymous = foul comments.

There is alot more to it, but i think the small calculation above covers the most basic factors.

Such a shame. For now, let´s just hope it´s a "loud minority" phenomena, until we actually get some objective statistics thrown into the mix.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
It happens but it certainly isn't all of us.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
lol You are just generalizing people from the few idiots you see complaining on the internet. No matter what there will always be annoying trolls there. Just get over it is all I have to say
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
I've not experienced much of it, to be honest. The biggest problem is with illegal immigration, and it's not necessarily aimed at them because of their ethnicity.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 muthsera666

Americans in general really bother me.

It just goes to show what money and insular ignorance does to a person.

KrotchLord
Another gross generalization. Not all Americans are blessed with rich financial resources. I graduate from college in six months (hopefully) with debt amounting to a house riding on my back. And while I do not maintain that I know an incredible amount, I resent the implication that all Americans live with a silver spoon sipping Perrier their entire lives.
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts
I am Mexican and I tend to get this once in a while. I usually ignore it or just talk trash back and they just usually shut up about it.
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 thequietguy
Member since 2008 • 2160 Posts

Considering the fact that millions of Latin Americans are illegal immigrants, I can understand the hate.

However, I have nothing against any race. I live in a neighborhood that's 99% Chinese, and I live in the U.S.A. That should be something to be mad about. But I'm not, really.

KrotchLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KrotchLord
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="KrotchLord"]

muthsera666
Another gross generalization. Not all Americans are blessed with rich financial resources. I graduate from college in six months (hopefully) with debt amounting to a house riding on my back. And while I do not maintain that I know an incredible amount, I resent the implication that all Americans live with a silver spoon sipping Perrier their entire lives.

Granted, the alternative is being a poor insular ignorant despot, wondering why you got **** on all your life, with a chip on your shoulder.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="KrotchLord"]

KrotchLord

Granted, the alternative is being a poor insular ignorant despot, wondering why you got **** on all your life, with a chip on your shoulder.

Of course. That makes perfect sense. All Americans are ignorant. They are all either poor and living in the slums or are rich and living in gilded estates. If they are rich they never do anything and rest on the laurels of others. If they are poor, they never do anything because they are too busy resenting others. Apparently, Americans have been decided upon by fate to be a singular misbegotten race from which neither good nor excellence can be expected. It would be better off to isolate the nation from the rest of the world and leave the imbeciles to their own destructive decisions and habits, while the rest of the world continues along its path of paragon virtue. Oh, thank you for showing the ineptitude that is inherent in the lowly country in which i was pulled from the wretched womb.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Seriously, is every other country jealous? Or just reallyyyyy ignorant? It's one or the other.
KrotchLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KrotchLord
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="KrotchLord"][QUOTE="muthsera666"] Another gross generalization. Not all Americans are blessed with rich financial resources. I graduate from college in six months (hopefully) with debt amounting to a house riding on my back. And while I do not maintain that I know an incredible amount, I resent the implication that all Americans live with a silver spoon sipping Perrier their entire lives.

Of course. That makes perfect sense. All Americans are ignorant. They are all either poor and living in the slums or are rich and living in gilded estates. If they are rich they never do anything and rest on the laurels of others. If they are poor, they never do anything because they are too busy resenting others. Apparently, Americans have been decided upon by fate to be a singular misbegotten race from which neither good nor excellence can be expected. It would be better off to isolate the nation from the rest of the world and leave the imbeciles to their own destructive decisions and habits, while the rest of the world continues along its path of paragon virtue. Oh, thank you for showing the ineptitude that is inherent in the lowly country in which i was pulled from the wretched womb.

You said it, not me. America is a highly polarized society. Why this is I am not certain. No doubt it still carries the stigma of a fledgling country trying to prove itself to the world, and prove itself to itself in the process. It is a country borne of extroverts and idealists. Perhaps this is why America is what it is.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JohnBasedow
Member since 2005 • 858 Posts
Lets clarify some things for the children, nearly all Americans indoctrinated by the corrupt media and school systems go through that phase including myself. They start brainwashing children young and often the brainwashed kids are very passionate about it starting out. The people who take advantage of a childs mind are really to blame, not the child. Regarding race, not all Latin Americans are Mexican. Only about 9% of Mexicans came from Spain. Some Mexicans are a mix of Spanish and Indian, but many are just mostly or fully Indian. Mexican Indians came from South East Asia originally unlike the North American Indians that came from Mongolia. Therefore the illegal Mexican invaders to the US are NOT indigenous the United States and should be sent back to Mexico! If the US military needs to be used to deport these people by force, then so be it! But since the system is against the white race that is unlikely to happen. I personally have a deep respect for Mexican and other Latin American cultures. The seperation is not about hate at all, it's about preserving different culture, a culture that many illegal immigrants seem to prefer to their own. Feel free to check out this video if you want to see an honest conversation about race- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouFm9Vj1PMY&feature=related
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 muthsera666
[QUOTE="KrotchLord"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="KrotchLord"] Granted, the alternative is being a poor insular ignorant despot, wondering why you got **** on all your life, with a chip on your shoulder.

You said it, not me. America is a highly polarized society. Why this is I am not certain. No doubt it still carries the stigma of a fledgling country trying to prove itself to the world, and prove itself to itself in the process. It is a country borne of extroverts and idealists. Perhaps this is why America is what it is.

If America is such a polarized nation, why does such a large middle class exist? You effectively negate the men and women who work their entire lives to try to live comfortably, while maintaining the conditions for such a life. You concern yourself with the upper foam and the bottom dregs, but deign not to comment on the entirety of the ale.
Memberino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Memberino
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts

Lets clarify some things for the children, nearly all Americans indoctrinated by the corrupt media and school systems go through that phase including myself. They start brainwashing children young and often the brainwashed kids are very passionate about it starting out. The people who take advantage of a childs mind are really to blame, not the child. Regarding race, not all Latin Americans are Mexican. Only about 9% of Mexicans came from Spain. Some Mexicans are a mix of Spanish and Indian, but many are just mostly or fully Indian. Mexican Indians came from South East Asia originally unlike the North American Indians that came from Mongolia. Therefore the illegal Mexican invaders to the US are NOT indigenous the United States and should be sent back to Mexico! If the US military needs to be used to deport these people by force, then so be it! But since the system is against the white race that is unlikely to happen. I personally have a deep respect for Mexican and other Latin American cultures. The seperation is not about hate at all, it's about preserving different culture, a culture that many illegal immigrants seem to prefer to their own. Feel free to check out this video if you want to see an honest conversation about race- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouFm9Vj1PMY&feature=relatedJohnBasedow

That didn't really make much sense...especially since you don't seem to realise that borders drawn on a map were drawn by men and aren't natural.

What you say seems to suggest that all white people should be sent back to Europe too, wow what a stupid comment. No offense and you will get annoyed about it if you reply, but that really was a terribly uneducated, dumb, shortsighted comment.

"Therefore the illegal Mexican invaders to the US are NOT indigenous the United States and should be sent back to Mexico"

I mean, come on. Surely you realised there was something a little off about this?

uberbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uberbra
Member since 2004 • 1827 Posts

yo TC you shouldnt claim your european and then say that you are all superior (not saying this out of my american side, just out of plain damn common sense)

have you been to a european soccer game vs an african team or a team with black players on it?????

The european crowds are some of the most disgusting and disgraceful fans ive ever seen, its just plain bad racist stuff (and thats just a soccer game, im not even talking about day to day life dude)

so dont go shooting your mouth off. america has most % of its pop connected to the internet, which means we have the biggest % of racists and idiots on the internet with us, but that doesnt mean we are all hateful idiots.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

We're "asshats"?

:o

KrotchLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KrotchLord

An ass wearing a sombrero...how ironically fitting.

The most disgusting icon of Americana I can think of is a Texan in a business suit, wearing a cowboy hat.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 muthsera666

The most disgusting icon of Americana I can think of is a Texan in a business suit, wearing a cowboy hat.

KrotchLord
You really don't like anything involving the United States, do you? Or at least your perception of Americans...
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JohnBasedow

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]Lets clarify some things for the children, nearly all Americans indoctrinated by the corrupt media and school systems go through that phase including myself. They start brainwashing children young and often the brainwashed kids are very passionate about it starting out. The people who take advantage of a childs mind are really to blame, not the child. Regarding race, not all Latin Americans are Mexican. Only about 9% of Mexicans came from Spain. Some Mexicans are a mix of Spanish and Indian, but many are just mostly or fully Indian. Mexican Indians came from South East Asia originally unlike the North American Indians that came from Mongolia. Therefore the illegal Mexican invaders to the US are NOT indigenous the United States and should be sent back to Mexico! If the US military needs to be used to deport these people by force, then so be it! But since the system is against the white race that is unlikely to happen. I personally have a deep respect for Mexican and other Latin American cultures. The seperation is not about hate at all, it's about preserving different culture, a culture that many illegal immigrants seem to prefer to their own. Feel free to check out this video if you want to see an honest conversation about race- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouFm9Vj1PMY&feature=relatedMemberino

That didn't really make much sense...especially since you don't seem to realise that borders drawn on a map were drawn by men and aren't natural.

What you say seems to suggest that all white people should be sent back to Europe too, wow what a stupid comment. No offense and you will get annoyed about it if you reply, but that really was a terribly uneducated, dumb, shortsighted comment.

"Therefore the illegal Mexican invaders to the US are NOT indigenous the United States and should be sent back to Mexico"

I mean, come on. Surely you realised there was something a little off about this?

That is a stupid comment, one I never made. I can't understand some of your post, I'm annoyed if I reply? I don't see anything off, shortsighted, dumb, uneducated, ect about it, what I said was the truth. Most European nations have their own unique culture, as do Americans, Latin Americans ect. Think about it logically.
KrotchLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KrotchLord
[QUOTE="KrotchLord"]

muthsera666
You really don't like anything involving the United States, do you? Or at least your perception of Americans...

I'm an American ex-pat, so go figure. I have the best first-hand knowledge of that country.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#32 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Cause the media demonizes them and they blame them for taking their jobs even though they take jobs Americans do not want. The economy depends on Latino immigrants.
barcx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 barcx17
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

I am Mexican and I tend to get this once in a while. I usually ignore it or just talk trash back and they just usually shut up about it. shoot-first

Yup, same here, especially when I was in high school. I was told by some girl to "stop speaking Mexican cause we're in America" :? I also get told to go swim back to Mexico, which is funny cause the swimmers are crossing Rio Grande in Texas, and I live in Southern California (we climb walls :P) but it's also funny because I was born here so yeah that's pretty much it

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="KrotchLord"]

KrotchLord

I'm an American ex-pat, so go figure. I have the best first-hand knowledge of that country.

Well, your first-hand knowledge may be representative of certain individuals, but it does not take into account the large and varied population that live throughout the nation.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="Memberino"]

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]Lets clarify some things for the children, nearly all Americans indoctrinated by the corrupt media and school systems go through that phase including myself. They start brainwashing children young and often the brainwashed kids are very passionate about it starting out. The people who take advantage of a childs mind are really to blame, not the child. Regarding race, not all Latin Americans are Mexican. Only about 9% of Mexicans came from Spain. Some Mexicans are a mix of Spanish and Indian, but many are just mostly or fully Indian. Mexican Indians came from South East Asia originally unlike the North American Indians that came from Mongolia. Therefore the illegal Mexican invaders to the US are NOT indigenous the United States and should be sent back to Mexico! If the US military needs to be used to deport these people by force, then so be it! But since the system is against the white race that is unlikely to happen. I personally have a deep respect for Mexican and other Latin American cultures. The seperation is not about hate at all, it's about preserving different culture, a culture that many illegal immigrants seem to prefer to their own. Feel free to check out this video if you want to see an honest conversation about race- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouFm9Vj1PMY&feature=relatedJohnBasedow

That is a stupid comment, one I never made. I can't understand some of your post, I'm annoyed if I reply? I don't see anything off, shortsighted, dumb, uneducated, ect about it, what I said was the truth. Most European nations have their own unique culture, as do Americans, Latin Americans ect. Think about it logically.

And what are some of the cultural values that Americans hold?
KrotchLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KrotchLord
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="KrotchLord"][QUOTE="muthsera666"] You really don't like anything involving the United States, do you? Or at least your perception of Americans...

Well, your first-hand knowledge may be representative of certain individuals, but it does not take into account the large and varied population that live throughout the nation.

Let's all be vague and nondescript. There will always be the exception to the rule, but statistics don't lie.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 muthsera666
[QUOTE="KrotchLord"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="KrotchLord"] I'm an American ex-pat, so go figure. I have the best first-hand knowledge of that country.

Let's all be vague and nondescript. There will always be the exception to the rule, but statistics don't lie.

When detailing the thought patterns of an entire nation, the response must be vague. Any population in any nation, is going to have conflicting feelings on any random issue, unless it is a nation of one. And statistics can be made to support any case one wants. It's like the Trident (?) television commercials. Four out of five doctors recommend: four showed up for work and the other took a sick day or something. Giving a statistic a context colors the meaning it holds and changes the directions of interpretation. Just like the question of whether a glass is half-empty or half-full. Or is at the mid-point.
KrotchLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KrotchLord
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="KrotchLord"][QUOTE="muthsera666"] Well, your first-hand knowledge may be representative of certain individuals, but it does not take into account the large and varied population that live throughout the nation.

When detailing the thought patterns of an entire nation, the response must be vague. Any population in any nation, is going to have conflicting feelings on any random issue, unless it is a nation of one. And statistics can be made to support any case one wants. It's like the Trident (?) television commercials. Four out of five doctors recommend: four showed up for work and the other took a sick day or something. Giving a statistic a context colors the meaning it holds and changes the directions of interpretation. Just like the question of whether a glass is half-empty or half-full. Or is at the mid-point.

It sounds to me like you are trying to fabricate excuses. Good luck with that.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JohnBasedow

KrotchLord

How about this Texan?

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 muthsera666
[QUOTE="KrotchLord"][QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="KrotchLord"] Let's all be vague and nondescript. There will always be the exception to the rule, but statistics don't lie.

It sounds to me like you are trying to fabricate excuses. Good luck with that.

Actually, I'm trying to show that a diverse group of people cannot be summarized into one descriptor, even by someone jaded and worn down. There may be some Americans you hate. I know there are some that I hate. Many to be honest. And there are groups that I do not like due to their beliefs and actions, but to dismiss an entire population out of hand smacks of your vilified ignorance. I don't understand how you can demonize an entire nation due to the actions, even of a many. You seem to be defending the accuracy of a movement such as for what you attack Americans: the targeting of a specific nationality as somehow inferior or that does not belong in the same area (ie., the topic).
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nifty_Shark
[QUOTE="KrotchLord"]

JohnBasedow

How about this Texan?

She's good looking and is probably your stereotypical Texan but I don't really care.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JohnBasedow
Not really, it likely has more obese women per capita than any other state in America....
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nifty_Shark
Not really, it likely has more obese women per capita than any other state in America....JohnBasedow
well when people imagine a Baywatch kind of girl. I guess the 2 popular stereotypes are fat ugly women and the blond bimbo.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JohnBasedow
[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="Memberino"]

-Sun_Tzu-

Family, Privacy, Individual Freedom to name a few. America was originally a melting pot of different European cultures and their was blending of all their values making a unique culture.
stupiddk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 stupiddk
Member since 2003 • 2377 Posts
Illegal Immigrants should be rightfully deported, however, rude stereotyping/generalizing should not be tolerated.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 muthsera666
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="JohnBasedow"]That is a stupid comment, one I never made. I can't understand some of your post, I'm annoyed if I reply? I don't see anything off, shortsighted, dumb, uneducated, ect about it, what I said was the truth. Most European nations have their own unique culture, as do Americans, Latin Americans ect. Think about it logically.JohnBasedow

Family, Privacy, Individual Freedom to name a few. America was originally a melting pot of different European cultures and their was blending of all their values making a unique culture.

Actually, in the early days of the American nation, to be American was to be identical to every other person in the nation. There was no blending of cultures. If you wanted to be considered an American, you had to be identical to the other man walking down the street.
_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

Yea, I don't understand the complaint about Latinos and illegal immigration by white folks who say tat THEIR precious country is being overran by illegal immigrants, but yet refuse to acknowledge so blatanly that this country itself is stolen property by people that would qualify today as illegal immigrants themselves.

IrishMallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 IrishMallard
Member since 2004 • 6797 Posts
People who would destroy races and nations are the @sshats imo.
dann14v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dann14v
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts

Yea, I don't understand the complaint about Latinos and illegal immigration by white folks who say that THEIR precious country is being overran by illegal immigrants, but yet refuse to acknowledge so blatantly that this country itself is stolen property by people that would qualify today as illegal immigrants themselves.

_R34LiTY_
This.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
youtube comments should be ignored always.Nifty_Shark
exactly. Right now I'm convincing some noob that Zeus is better than the Judo-Christian God just for laughs. They can't detect sarcasm to save their lives :D