Why are liberals so emotional and irrational?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Someone taking responsibility for his own life and expenses rather than having the government steal money from people to buy stuff for others is in no way the equivalent of having your house catch on fire and dumping gasoline on it to try to put it out. That is one of the worst analogies I have ever seen.Laihendi

The issue is that you're only makes the problem worse. It in no way solves the underlying issues (besides being completely unreasonable at this point). Hence the analogy. Honestly, if that was Ron Paul's actual suggestion, that probably the greatest amount of idiocy I've seen expressed on the issue. I'd wager an hour of research could have avoided that.

How is someone taking responsibility for his own expenses making anything worse? What underlying issues are solved by socialized healthcare as opposed to people simply taking responsibility for their own healthcare?

Right... because the for-profit insurance industry that we have here in America is working just great.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Another thread that of course has Obama's name in it.

Shocker.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]How is someone taking responsibility for his own expenses making anything worse? What underlying issues are solved by socialized healthcare as opposed to people simply taking responsibility for their own healthcare?Kickinurass

The governmental goal of providing affordable and quality healthcare to all it's citizens, not just the ones able to pay?

Question - do you also support the removal of EMTALA?

I am against hospitals being forced to provide care for anyone. Each hospital should establish its own rules for who they will or will not care for. People using hospital services without paying for them is just making healthcare more expensive for everyone else.

And not being able to pay for your expenses is not a justification for stealing from someone else.

So yes.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Abbeten

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
^^Eh?
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

quote chain limitations

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]How is someone taking responsibility for his own expenses making anything worse? What underlying issues are solved by socialized healthcare as opposed to people simply taking responsibility for their own healthcare?Laihendi

The governmental goal of providing affordable and quality healthcare to all it's citizens, not just the ones able to pay?

I am against hospitals being forced to provide care for anyone. Each hospital should establish its own rules for who they will or will not care for. People using hospital services without paying for them is just making healthcare more expensive for everyone else.

And not being able to pay for your expenses is not a justification for stealing from someone else.

So yes.

so yeah laihendi is literally advocating for letting people die in the streets
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Smells like /pol/
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Smells like /pol/ princeofshapeir
He's not blaming all the worlds problems on the Jews or blacks so I think he's got a ways to go before he's /pol/ tier. His irrationality is on par with most posters there though.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]How is someone taking responsibility for his own expenses making anything worse? What underlying issues are solved by socialized healthcare as opposed to people simply taking responsibility for their own healthcare?Laihendi

So yes.

wxY9Xs3.gif

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

Abbeten

So yes.

He must have loved GTA4's health care system. 911 operator tells you to have your credit card ready for the parademics.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

Abbeten

So yes.

You are letting your emotions get in the way of rational. We could solve world hunger with those disposed of through this healthcare system. After all scooping up dead hobos and processing them won't be regulated.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

Abbeten

So yes.

I knew this would be a funny thread.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Typical Laihendi spilling out his retardations. *yawn*

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

Abbeten

So yes.

Liberals are so generous with other people's money. If they see someone dying in the streets they won't drive him to a hospital and buy him medical care, but they will complain about how everyone should get free healthcare while also almost inevitably being against tax increases for themselves. I guess they think the rich should just pay for everything for everyone. It is absurd.
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

So yes.

Laihendi

Then what of people that can't afford it? Are we simply to leave them to essentially live a short, painful life if they are unable to get needed medical experience? Will doctors simply turn away any veteran, old person, pregnant woman, or and poor person who arrives for treatment? Hell, are they to turn down a wealthy individual who was in an accident until they can verify his ability to pay?

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Abbeten
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I am against hospitals being forced to provide care for anyone. Each hospital should establish its own rules for who they will or will not care for. People using hospital services without paying for them is just making healthcare more expensive for everyone else.

So yes.

Laihendi

Liberals are so generous with other people's money. If they see someone dying in the streets they won't drive him to a hospital and buy him medical care, but they will complain about how everyone should get free healthcare while also almost inevitably being against tax increases for themselves. I guess they think the rich should just pay for everything for everyone. It is absurd.

oh what a broad brush you paint with it's also cute that you think it absurd to advocate for higher marginal tax rates on the wealthy while also considering it completely rational to let poor people die in the street of preventable illnesses i think there's a word for that. the word is 'sociopathic'
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 22Toothpicks

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

Abbeten

So yes.

I've never heard anyone argue in opposition to the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I am against hospitals being forced to provide care for anyone. Each hospital should establish its own rules for who they will or will not care for. People using hospital services without paying for them is just making healthcare more expensive for everyone else.

So yes.

22Toothpicks

I've never heard anyone argue in opposition to the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act

You have now!
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 22Toothpicks
[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]

[QUOTE="Abbeten"] so yeah laihendi is literally advocating for letting people die in the streetsPannicAtack

You have now!

*crosse it off list* Yup, that's everything.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] so yeah laihendi is literally advocating for letting people die in the streets

oh what a broad brush you paint with it's also cute that you think it absurd to advocate for higher marginal tax rates on the wealthy while also considering it completely rational to let poor people die in the street of preventable illnesses i think there's a word for that. the word is 'sociopathic'

"Everyone has a right to live no matter what anyone says. Unless you're poor"
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

So yes.

Kickinurass

Then what of people that can't afford it? Are we simply to leave them to essentially live a short, painful life if they are unable to get needed medical experience? Will doctors simply turn away any veteran, old person, pregnant woman, or and poor person who arrives for treatment? Hell, are they to turn down a wealthy individual who was in an accident until they can verify his ability to pay?

1. If someone can't afford his own expenses then he should find someone who will voluntarily help him. Again, not being able to afford something you need is not a justification for theft. 2. I think a decent idea would be for hospitals to accept emergency patients the first time and give them a bill afterwards, and then just ban them from any future care until they pay for it.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DroidPhysX

Guys

Guys

Did you see what happened today?

The boy scouts are lifting their ban on gay members.

You see? The free market works. Albeit taking 12 years. But yes. It took the free market 12 years to fix something.

Now think of how long that dead body will lie rotting on the street before the free market does something.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Laihendi

Guys

Guys

You see? The free market works. Albeit taking 12 years. But yes. It took the free market 12 years to fix something.

Now think of how long that dead body will lie rotting on the street before the free market does something.

DroidPhysX
If you have a problem with Boy Scouts then find a different organization to join or make your own. The Boy Scouts weren't harming anyone but themselves by not letting homosexuals join.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Guys

Guys

Laihendi
If you have a problem with Boy Scouts then find a different organization to join or make your own. The Boy Scouts weren't harming anyone but themselves by not letting homosexuals join.

That's irrelevant to how the free market took twelve years to fix something that could have been settled in 2001.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I am liberal and emotional, although my liberalism and my emotionality are largely unrelated.
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

So yes.

Laihendi

1. If someone can't afford his own expenses then he should find someone who will voluntarily help him. Again, not being able to afford something you need is not a justification for theft. 2. I think a decent idea would be for hospitals to accept emergency patients the first time and give them a bill afterwards, and then just ban them from any future care until they pay for it.

Charity is not going to cover the ~$1 trillion hole (minimum) left by the removal of Medicaid/Medicare. That can't be a serious answer.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 PannicAtack
So according to you, taxes are theft. You know what I would consider theft? Reaping the benefits of public highways, public education, public utilities (y'know, like having clean, drinkable water), sanitary food, law enforcement, fire departments, etc etc... And not paying for it.
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 StrifeDelivery

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

So yes.

Laihendi

This line gets me, since for me to understand you, taxation = theft. So basically for the theft to stop, that means no taxation, and without any taxation, that would basically destroy any form of government. I could imagine laihendi calling 911 during an emergency if his ideal world was in place: before an ambulance or police are able to arrive, a credit card transaction must occur over the phone, then when they arrive, further payments may or may not be required in order to establish assistance.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 22Toothpicks
Oh great GlitchSpot is taking a wet dump again. -.-
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Abbeten
his parents will pay for him and those people who are unlucky enough to be born to an estranged household or to parents that simply can't afford to pay for any necessary medical treatment, well, surely they can find some generous rich benefactor and if they can't, too bad. that's the price they need to pay to protect his property rights
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 22Toothpicks
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]So according to you, taxes are theft. You know what I would consider theft? Reaping the benefits of public highways, public education, public utilities (y'know, like having clean, drinkable water), sanitary food, law enforcement, fire departments, etc etc... And not paying for it.

Excellent point.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Aren't you the guy that said Children don't have rights?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DroidPhysX
What's funny is that lai can't afford insurance alone and is either on his state SCHIP program or under his parents plan. Scumbag can't even afford medical care and free loads off the state whilst advocating for people paying for health care themselves
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

22Toothpicks

I hope the next time you have a medical emergency you are refused proper medical treament. I'm sure it will be a great learning experience. And I'm not joking.

A bit far, don't you think? Wishing that kind of ill on someone just for their hilariously terrible political and social views?

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 22Toothpicks

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] 1. If someone can't afford his own expenses then he should find someone who will voluntarily help him. Again, not being able to afford something you need is not a justification for theft. 2. I think a decent idea would be for hospitals to accept emergency patients the first time and give them a bill afterwards, and then just ban them from any future care until they pay for it.PannicAtack

I hope the next time you have a medical emergency you are refused proper medical treament. I'm sure it will be a great learning experience. And I'm not joking.

A bit far, don't you think? Wishing that kind of ill on someone just for their hilariously terrible political and social views?

Yes. I retract my statement.
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 StrifeDelivery

Oh great GlitchSpot is taking a wet dump again. -.-22Toothpicks

Yeah was weird, I blinked and 3 posts popped up. But, all is taken care of.

LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

Humans have a tendency to be emotional and irrational when their beliefs are questioned, it isn't just a liberal trait.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Ace6301

Humans have a tendency to be emotional and irrational when their beliefs are questioned, it isn't just a liberal trait.

LLYNCES
You could have ended that before the "when" and still be correct.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
ian
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
And then when you have someone like Ron Paul arguing against medicair and medicaid and saying you shoud just be responsible for your own medical expenses instead of having the government take your money and spend it for you, he gets accused of hating poor and old people.Laihendi
Don't forget that he is racist too.
GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GrindingAxe
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts
I know the poor suck up a lot of resources, but that's ok. They're poor...they need some help. We as tax payers provide that. If that Pisses you off so much, sorry dude. Majority of the people agree that assistance for the poor Is necessary. Try another country because that fact isn't changing soon.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I have been wondering this for a long time and it still does not make sense to me. Everytime I try to talk to a liberal about issues such as welfare, restrictive sex laws, restrictive gun laws, a politician he likes, etc. they always seem to get very emotional and agitated and it becomes impossible to have a calm, objective, and rational discussion.

For example I have had people say things like I don't care about children just because I am against pre-k in state schools since it is basically a babysitting service funded by tax dollars. Or when I wasn't happy about Obama being elected back in 2008 a bunch of people I knew said I was racist, including some family members even though I don't care about Obama's race at all. They all acted like we should be proud to have a black man elected president while completely ignoring the fact that he was the most unqualified president ever elected and his policies are just more statism like Bush.

These same people criticize conservatives for being "a bunch of old white guys" as if there is anything wrong with being old or white.

And then when you have someone like Ron Paul arguing against medicair and medicaid and saying you shoud just be responsible for your own medical expenses instead of having the government take your money and spend it for you, he gets accused of hating poor and old people. The things they say and believe are just very irrational.

Laihendi

You suck, you're a hater, and you're a racist.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#98 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Even by your standards Lai, this is an incredibly sh1tty thread.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

On the subject of emotion and irrationality:

"THIS IS **** I GOT **** BANNED FOR POSTING AN UNPOPULAR OPINION IN THE THREAD FOR **** UNPOPULAR OPINIONS YOUR **** BOARD IS A **** LIE YOU ALL **** IN YOUR MOUTHS AND ACT LIKE YOUR **** GENIUSES FOR **** DOING IT AND YOU TALK **** ABOUT MY MOM WHEN YOU **** BAN ME LIKE SOME **** **** ASS **** BECAUSE YOURE TOO MUCH A **** **** TO TALK **** TO MY FACE"

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#100 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

On the subject of emotion and irrationality:

"THIS IS **** I GOT **** BANNED FOR POSTING AN UNPOPULAR OPINION IN THE THREAD FOR **** UNPOPULAR OPINIONS YOUR **** BOARD IS A **** LIE YOU ALL **** IN YOUR MOUTHS AND ACT LIKE YOUR **** GENIUSES FOR **** DOING IT AND YOU TALK **** ABOUT MY MOM WHEN YOU **** BAN ME LIKE SOME **** **** ASS **** BECAUSE YOURE TOO MUCH A **** **** TO TALK **** TO MY FACE"

-Sun_Tzu-
Who posted that?