Why are liberals so emotional and irrational?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] It will never be sold, and no one from outside this family will ever own it. I will burn every tree down before I let someone else own it.Laihendi
Wow......yep Lai is selfish. If he can't have it....no one else can.

Nobody has a right to my land but me. I will not let thieves take what is mine. It has been in my family for 150 years and it has never been owned by anyone else.

Still keeping up the old "ignoring posts that destroy my arguments and make me look stupid while irrationally attacking others" I see. I be back later to see how this ends.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#452 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] if your parents were going to sell it, the new owners wouldn't be thieves and you would be a vandal, violating their sovereign property rights-Sun_Tzu-

It will never be sold. It is my inheritance by rights and by law.

So your parents wouldn't be able to sell it even if they wanted to? 

no because it is HIS AND ONLY RIGHTFULLY HIS
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Nobody has a right to my land but me. I will not let thieves take what is mine. It has been in my family for 150 years and it has never been owned by anyone else.

if your parents were going to sell it, the new owners wouldn't be thieves and you would be a vandal, violating their sovereign property rights

There is no right to inherit law. Your parents own the property and CAN throw your sorry ass of it and leave it to someone else. They can also sell it or donate it.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#454 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Nobody has a right to my land but me. I will not let thieves take what is mine. It has been in my family for 150 years and it has never been owned by anyone else.Laihendi
if your parents were going to sell it, the new owners wouldn't be thieves and you would be a vandal, violating their sovereign property rights

If your name is not on the deed, it all means sh!t and your parents can sell it to whomever. Try harder.
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 Abbeten
that's a very entitled mindset you go there, laihendi wonder what ayn rand would think about it
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Nobody has a right to my land but me. I will not let thieves take what is mine. It has been in my family for 150 years and it has never been owned by anyone else.Laihendi

Taxes are also law (constitutionally upheld law at that) but you seem to want to ignore those.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Well this was a pleasant thing to wake up to. I wonder how much money his parents are willing to let that property go for. I wonder how much money I'm willing to spend to have the most glorious point ever made.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#458 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] It will never be sold, and no one from outside this family will ever own it. I will burn every tree down before I let someone else own it.

That's pretty emotional and irrational. If someone wants to play with my ball, I'll pop it and throw it away....

I would destroy anything that is mine before letting it be stolen. I will not let thieves benefit from their crimes against me.

Why is Laihendi so emotional and irrational?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] if your parents were going to sell it, the new owners wouldn't be thieves and you would be a vandal, violating their sovereign property rights-Sun_Tzu-

They will never sell it because it was homesteaded by my ancestors 150 years ago. Nobody outside this family has ever owned it and nobody ever will.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] It will never be sold. It is my inheritance by rights and by law.Laihendi

They will never sell it because it was homesteaded by my ancestors 150 years ago. Nobody outside this family has ever owned it and nobody ever will.

I bet it will be owned by someone else in time.....
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#461 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Because they are wracked with guilt.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] It will never be sold. It is my inheritance by rights and by law.Laihendi

Dat appeal to tradition
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Well this was a pleasant thing to wake up to. I wonder how much money his parents are willing to let that property go for. I wonder how much money I'm willing to spend to have the most glorious point ever made.Ace6301

If I had the money to burn I would absolutely find this property and offer Lai's parents more than the market value just for the fun of it. Then I'd set up a homeless shelter with it just to rub salt in Lai's wound.

KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 KingKinect
Member since 2012 • 548 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

So you are fine with small scale collectivism because it benefits you. Got it.

Laihendi

That is not collectivism. Only a statist would be against inheritance rights. My ancestors had a right to determine who would own it after them.

And if mommy and daddy decide to sell it, or to will it to a charitable group for use as a homeless shelter are you still going to scream "it's mine"?

It will never be sold, and no one from outside this family will ever own it. I will burn every tree down before I let someone else own it.

That's more like it. Nothing says it's mine like land mines or even some bear traps. On second thought bears traps are much more legal so go with that and a good rifle. Just in case you or someone else reading is genuinely insane I'm not being serious about the average person needing this level of protection or simply put, do not try at home kids.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 worlock77

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But for as long as they own it it's their right to sell it if they wish, no matter how much of a screaming temper tantrum you throw.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Well this was a pleasant thing to wake up to. I wonder how much money his parents are willing to let that property go for. I wonder how much money I'm willing to spend to have the most glorious point ever made.worlock77

If I had the money to burn I would absolutely find this property and offer Lai's parents more than the market value just for the fun of it. Then I'd set up a homeless shelter with it just to rub salt in Lai's wound.

I think I'd turn it into a homeless shelter too. Then again depending on where he lives I could make it my dirty hive of leftism in the states. Even if his property is quite large I'm almost certain it's nothing in price compared to a typical home where I've been trying to move to.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Well this was a pleasant thing to wake up to. I wonder how much money his parents are willing to let that property go for. I wonder how much money I'm willing to spend to have the most glorious point ever made.worlock77

I wish the government would eminent domain it.....
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

How you must imagine your family:

How I imagine your family:

Starting to make sense why you support incest 

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

worlock77

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But for as long as they own it it's their right to sell it if they wish, no matter how much of a screaming temper tantrum you throw.

My parents made me swear that I would never sell it, just as my father swore to his parents. It will never be sold.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] They will never sell it because it was homesteaded by my ancestors 150 years ago. Nobody outside this family has ever owned it and nobody ever will.Laihendi

My parents made me swear that I would never sell it, just as my father swore to his parents. It will never be sold.

Swears mean sh*t.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] They will never sell it because it was homesteaded by my ancestors 150 years ago. Nobody outside this family has ever owned it and nobody ever will.Laihendi

That's a really creepy family you have there....
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

You know. I think sun may be onto something about you and incest.
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 Abbeten
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

LJS9502_basic

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#474 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

That's a pretty emotional pact you made with your parents. Has your family always been so emotional and irrational?
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] My parents made me swear that I would never sell it, just as my father swore to his parents. It will never be sold.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#476 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

i guess sociopathy is a hereditary thing

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 dave123321
Lai what would you do if your future kid doesn't agree to the terms? Burn everything down?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 DroidPhysX
Lai what would you do if your future kid doesn't agree to the terms? Burn everything down?dave123321
Smart money is on disowning him
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#479 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

They will never sell it because it was homesteaded by my ancestors 150 years ago. Nobody outside this family has ever owned it and nobody ever will.Laihendi

1zyfn8p.jpg

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Laihendi

Nuck81

That's a pretty emotional pact you made with your parents. Has your family always been so emotional and irrational?

Land ownership is the last defense against tyranny. When you don't have land you don't have anything.
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 Abbeten

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] My parents made me swear that I would never sell it, just as my father swore to his parents. It will never be sold.Laihendi

Land ownership is the last defense against tyranny. When you don't have land you don't have anything.

yeah seriously creepy

also under this logic, you would probably advocate for giving land to everyone so as to entirely eliminate tyranny

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#482 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

They will never sell it because it was homesteaded by my ancestors 150 years ago. Nobody outside this family has ever owned it and nobody ever will.br0kenrabbit

1zyfn8p.jpg

lmfao
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] My parents made me swear that I would never sell it, just as my father swore to his parents. It will never be sold.

I had no idea that you saw monetary transactions as tyranny.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] My parents made me swear that I would never sell it, just as my father swore to his parents. It will never be sold.Laihendi

hahahaha

please tell me how tyrannical hunter-gatherer societies are. 

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Nuck81"] That's a pretty emotional pact you made with your parents. Has your family always been so emotional and irrational?

yeah seriously creepy

Ever read Dunwich Horror? Totally getting some Whateley vibes off this.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 dave123321
Lai, how much money is your land worth to you? Also, tdh(raw and d3nny) wants that essay by Sunday or the deal is off.
KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 KingKinect

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] They will never sell it because it was homesteaded by my ancestors 150 years ago. Nobody outside this family has ever owned it and nobody ever will.Nuck81

In the long term it's probably good business sense. The death tax must make it hard though and the US housing collapse of 2008. Where I live we don't have that so i don't have to worry about my kids being cheated out of my investments.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#488 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

There are probably few things as authoritarian in nature as privatization and its associated class stratification of society.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 worlock77

You (well not even you, but your parents) only own that land because the government says you own it.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 Laihendi
Lai what would you do if your future kid doesn't agree to the terms? Burn everything down?dave123321
I am a homosexual. I do not expect to have children.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 worlock77

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Lai what would you do if your future kid doesn't agree to the terms? Burn everything down?Laihendi

So what happens to the property then? It can't stay in your family forever if you're not leaving any family for it to stay in.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 DroidPhysX
Hey lai, if the government invoked eminent domain to take over your house, what will you do?
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="dave123321"]Lai what would you do if your future kid doesn't agree to the terms? Burn everything down?worlock77

So what happens to the property then? It can't stay in your family forever if you're not leaving any family for it to stay in.

He could have siblings. Just saying. That doesn't make his stance any less irrational though.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 worlock77

Hey lai, if the government invoked eminent domain to take over your house, what will you do? DroidPhysX

Latch on to a tree while screaming and kicking his feet probably.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 Abbeten
Hey lai, if the government invoked eminent domain to take over your house, what will you do? DroidPhysX
it's probably out in the middle of nowhere so there would be no reason to take it but i too want to know the answer to this question just for funsies
KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 KingKinect

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Lai what would you do if your future kid doesn't agree to the terms? Burn everything down?Laihendi

That really makes what you have been saying seem self centered. You still deserve it of course if it's in your families will but if you aren't having children the entire keeping it for the family and future generations to enjoy arguement that could be used in this situation is invalid.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] That is not collectivism. Only a statist would be against inheritance rights. My ancestors had a right to determine who would own it after them.Laihendi

And if mommy and daddy decide to sell it, or to will it to a charitable group for use as a homeless shelter are you still going to scream "it's mine"?

It will never be sold, and no one from outside this family will ever own it. I will burn every tree down before I let someone else own it.

Looks like someone liked Andrew Ryan.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Why is Laihendi so emotional and irrational?Nuck81
He must be a closet liberal.
RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] My parents made me swear that I would never sell it, just as my father swore to his parents. It will never be sold.

Land ownership IS tyranny.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
aaaaaannnnd, here come the anarchists... Edit: This reminds me of that cartoon "recess"