Why are guys sometimes mean to girls they like?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I was with a guy who used to tease me 'for fun', until the day he found it really fun to break my fingers a week before my audition to play violin for the ESO, anyway.

MissLibrarian

=/

I think guys get jealous that said girl hasn't chosen them, so will lash out, and call her names and things.

MissLibrarian

Hmm, well as I said in my last post teasing is sort of a way of playing in the same vein as teasing my sister or any other friends. Only if it's directed at a girl I like it's just got a hidden meaning. It's all about feeling comfortable enough around someone that you CAN tease them, and it can be playful and a way of flirting.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

i dont think there is an universal explanation for that. As i think some boys do it for different reasons.

I also noticed there are some boys who are very mean, while others do it in a more flirty manner.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts
Hmm, well as I said in my last post teasing is sort of a way of playing in the same vein as teasing my sister or any other friends. Only if it's directed at a girl I like it's just got a hidden meaning. It's all about feeling comfortable enough around someone that you CAN tease them, and it can be playful and a way of flirting.DigitalExile
I think it depends on the type of teasing of course, flirty-teasing is fun and it's obvious enough to most girls I think, when a guy is just playing with them. My opinion on this subject is entirely screwed of course :P Meh it's difficult for me to try and explain what I mean without a wall of text.
supergoat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 supergoat777
Member since 2010 • 1470 Posts

cause guys have cooties?Allicrombie

Never thought of that one

supergoat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 supergoat777
Member since 2010 • 1470 Posts

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="Barbariser"]I don't know how it's like in other cultures, but guys here aren't being "serious" when they say apparently "demeaning" things. It's pretty much all playing around. Get past the joking and insults and the dudes end up being somewhat nice dudes.Barbariser

Is it usually the pretties one who gets insulted the most from your area too?

Yes, unattractive girls don't get any attention whatsoever.

Yeah they do. By unattractive guys.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#57 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Those kinds of girls aren't worth your time.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

i honestly don't understand how some guys are so popular when they're complete d-bags.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
I too use the put down/little jab/slightly picking on method. I don't even think about it consciously. It just happens.
SaDiZTiKStyLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 SaDiZTiKStyLeZ
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
I have murdered every female that I have liked.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Because they're immature and don't know how to express their feelings like adults?
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Because they're immature and don't know how to express their feelings like adults?MFDOOM1983

This

Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

Girls don't like jerks. they might end up dating one but will soon break up because of the way they treat them. Trust me. Girls enjoy more meaningfull relationships with guys they can trust than jerks who treat them wrong. have you ever noticied girls talking about there exes and broke up with THEM and how much of a JERK they were vs. the other relationships that are with caring men where the girl says she misses him and will always remember him.

anyway back on topic. The only time guys are mean to girls is in highschool and vice versa. that kind of behavior should emediatly scease after 12 grade if you ever want to get a girl.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#64 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
Ummm I doubt they're actually being "mean"; more likey teasing them in a friendly way. It's called flirting.
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

Because it's the jest of flirting...

What you call mean is what other guys just call playful. For example, I know a girl that I make fun of because of her nasal voice. She laughs and doesn't take offense to it. There is obviously a line you don't cross when you are being offensive than playful.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
Girls do the same thing. You just don't notice because they mature faster.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#67 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

I'm a nice guy who might pick on a girl not really tobe mean, more like poking her in her stomach.

hellraiser_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hellraiser_07
Member since 2006 • 2171 Posts
[QUOTE="MistressMinako"]Have you never called your friend an insulting name? Even if they are being mean, they still care about you. Most girls don't like nice guys (even if they say that they do) because most nice guys are either boring or ugly (or both). So, while some guys are on their soapbox announcing how nice they are, maybe they should change something about themselves or just hope someone comes along. To be honest, the nice guys I have been with, the relationship wasn't really exciting or special in any way. I had more fun with the jerks I was with. Same goes for guys.

So very true, it goes the same for both sides just put urself in the position where a girl is mean to u, ur gonna like her way way more than the girl whos constantly being nice to you for no reason cause u just met the girl i mean it doesnt make sense itll just make her look weak desperate n evetually less attractive. Get over it "nice guys" u shud stop sucking up so much to girls cause ud treat the girl the same way if she did that with u...
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

supergoat777

takes_off_glasses.jpg

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
Probably the same reason girls kicked me in the groin in middle/high school.... I don't know.....
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="supergoat777"]

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

My guess is that some girls like guys who treat them like garden tools and order them around like slaves.

I don't think girls like em bad boys. I mean in real life not the movies.

Not Bad boys, but i notice that girls give more attention to those that DONT respect them.

That's a sad truth.