uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58908 Posts

Question in title, can be from any media.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Ooof, tough choice. So many good ones. I daresay the quality of the game/movie/book is directly proportional to the quality of the villain.

Tywin Lannister is a pretty good villain. Smart, savage, yet civilized.

The Combine from HL2 are pretty terrible. They defeated the combined might of Earth in what was called "The Seven-Hour War"

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

I only have just 1 fictional villain I like the most is this guy:

Oroku Saki, aka The Shredder: No, not that silly cartoon Shredder, (even though he did look cool and was my introduction to the character) and ESPECIALLY NOT Michael Bay's shitty excuse of a Shredder. THE Shredder from the original TMNT comics, which the first live movie was based off of, is and always will be the quintessential Shredder. He was fierce. He was skilled in combat. And unlike every other incarnation, he was INTIMIDATING AS ****. Every word he spoke was commanding and powerful. The final act of the live movie had all four turtles face Shredder, and in a brilliant display of skill, Shredder kicked ALL of their asses, solidifying what a threat he was. Unfortunately, like many great villains, he was a victim of his own hubris (and rage), and that led to a wounded and battered Splinter to easily dispatch him.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaVillain
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

If someone were ask me who is my favorite fictional movie villain, I'd probably say it's Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean movies. This soulless Cthulhu death lord monster of a villain is one of the few from movies I actually like, he has a kickass theme, he's nearly unstoppable until you find is one and only weakness, and, most importantly, he made me discover my favorite musician.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Thanos and Joker

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Norman Bates

Hans Gruber

T-1000

Jack Torrance

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Yes, remember being surprised depiction in the original live-action having grown up with the goofy cartoon incarnation, the general tone of the movie is darker, which I guess is closer to the comics. Love the soundtrack as well when they're fighting.

It's kind of rare for a movie of that type during that era to take itself so seriously with actual effort put into it.

Loading Video...

@evil_loli said:

Oroku Saki, aka The Shredder: No, not that silly cartoon Shredder, (even though he did look cool and was my introduction to the character) and ESPECIALLY NOT Michael Bay's shitty excuse of a Shredder. THE Shredder from the original TMNT comics, which the first live movie was based off of, is and always will be the quintessential Shredder. He was fierce. He was skilled in combat. And unlike every other incarnation, he was INTIMIDATING AS ****. Every word he spoke was commanding and powerful. The final act of the live movie had all four turtles face Shredder, and in a brilliant display of skill, Shredder kicked ALL of their asses, solidifying what a threat he was. Unfortunately, like many great villains, he was a victim of his own hubris (and rage), and that led to a wounded and battered Splinter to easily dispatch him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

God.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yes, remember being surprised depiction in the original live-action having grown up with the goofy cartoon incarnation, the general tone of the movie is darker, which I guess is closer to the comics. Love the soundtrack as well when they're fighting.

It's kind of rare for a movie of that type during that era to take itself so seriously with actual effort put into it.

Loading Video...
@evil_loli said:

I must admit, the loli is on point. I too grew up with the original TMNT and as well as the comics. Even to this day, the movie as aged well and really took the live action based on the comics a much better direction then anything I can remember. No doubt the Shredder was so dark, I'm mostly surprise the movie never got hit for PG-13 and not to mention, they cuss in that movie. Unfortunately, Secret of the Ooze was tune down for this reason.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

ColonelHans Landa from Inglorius Basterds

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I gotta go with Darth Vader. I was around 4 or 5 when I saw it at the theater. I still remember seeing Vader for the 1st time and thinking how incredibly awesome he was. Then he spoke in that deep synthesized voice and force crushed that rebel scum's throat. I was immediately hooked on Vader.

We sat through the movie twice that day.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

Viggo Tarasov. He is ruthless Mafia leader, former Boss of John wick whose gang messed with John wick as a result they payed for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
  • Movie villain: Hans Gruber from Die Hard aka Alan Rickman RIP
  • TV villain: Gus Fring from Breaking Bad
  • Video game villain: Vass from Far Cry 3
HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

Damn. That's a good one. Such evil/menace conveyed in a polite and cordial manner. His conversations/interrogations were the best parts of the movie.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:

Ooof, tough choice. So many good ones. I daresay the quality of the game/movie/book is directly proportional to the quality of the villain.

Tywin Lannister is a pretty good villain. Smart, savage, yet civilized.

The Combine from HL2 are pretty terrible. They defeated the combined might of Earth in what was called "The Seven-Hour War"

Say Breen is what separates them from other generic alien invaders, pretty far from the typical game antagonist. no military appearance, no exotic appearance. Even his suit design is deliberately nondescript, believing in his cause from a morally distant scientific point of view, effectively saved earth by choosing to have it live on it's knees seeing it slowly engulfed as an natural evolutionary upgrade where people become a hive, which works with his main tool, propaganda.

Compare that Gordon Freeman, a player insert who's entire purpose is to stir the pot inspiring citizens as he becomes romanticised as the singular outsider bringing down the establishment and you got yourself a bloody good game, with some fantastic writing to boot.

That's one of the things cool about Frieza, as it continues to escalate and forms become larger and more deliberately over designed, it peaks with "not even mah final form" with a small, effeminate character comparatively featureless that remains static.

When you're some Westerner not use to this who's been watching this it build for 60-70+ episode having such a bullet point is memorable in all the right ways.

Loading Video...

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#17 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Joker is the first thing that comes to mind, though...I might have to really think about it if I wanted to give an answer more suitable.

Another villain that isn't a favourite of mine but used to scare the hell out of me as a kid was Gmork from The Never Ending Story.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

@heathen75 said:
@shellcase86 said:

Damn. That's a good one. Such evil/menace conveyed in a polite and cordial manner. His conversations/interrogations were the best parts of the movie.

Yeah, there was something so deliberate and nefarious about his manner of conversation. Brilliant actor.