• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Thanatos_990 (188 posts) -

I just got a new Sony Vaio VGN-FW139E with Vista and I can say it's not impressived but it isnt as horrible as people say it is, Its isnt a huge upgrade like windows 98 to XP its more like 95 to 98, I really dont have any problems with software working on it. I love the sidebar and the way the set up folders, I've only have had problems with PeerGuardian 2 working on it and its fixable just download the Vista Loader for it, Theres a way to make every program work with Vista although Sony's hardware support sucks, I should bought an HP, its not as bad as dell but its close. SpeedBoost is cool, a have 3 gigs of ram with my 1 gig flash card I get 4 and it works very well its like a PC on amphetamines, its speeds it up in seconds. They tried to make it more user freindly but failed big time at that!

#2 Posted by FUBAR24 (12185 posts) -
i like it. havnt had any problems with it either that wernt my own fault
#3 Posted by theking52_TDK (943 posts) -
I likesss it!
#4 Posted by Notsogr8one (3739 posts) -
Lol at the picture on your sidebar. But yeah, I like Vista very much. I find most if not all of the hate to be unfounded. There were problems when it first came out but now Vista has the compatibility of XP so I don't really see a reason for too many complaints
#5 Posted by tony2077ca (5242 posts) -
there some games i play that if i upgrade i may not be able to play them so i don't know
#6 Posted by Tjeremiah1988 (16665 posts) -
I got a VAIO with Vista as well. At first I didnt like it but I got use to it and now respect Vista. Just removed the bloatware (craP) Sony installs on their computers.
#7 Posted by GoogleHoo (133 posts) -

Oh god, I hate Sony. I had a Vaio plagued with problems and there support was just bull. Now my HP, I got free restore disks and when ever i do need help they reply within mere hours!

Sony treated me like crap at all times, they do not appear to value customers as much as I would have liked.

#8 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -
It's really not that bad, it's just people who are trying to run it on their low end machines who complain about it really.

There are a few bugs here and there that need ironing out though. For some reason I can't right click icons on my desktop. :lol:
#9 Posted by grassdream (1902 posts) -
It wasn't so hot before SP1, but now it's pretty 'aight. On par with XP methinks
#10 Posted by cfamgcn (5585 posts) -
I'm still not convinced by Vista. I'll have to get used to it eventually though :( ~ de arimasu
#11 Posted by Notsogr8one (3739 posts) -
It's really not that bad, it's just people who are trying to run it on their low end machines who complain about it really.

There are a few bugs here and there that need ironing out though. For some reason I can't right click icons on my desktop. :lol:
Saturos3091
:? That sucks
#12 Posted by North-North (895 posts) -
ah, don't like it still have windows 97
#13 Posted by Thanatos_990 (188 posts) -
I got a VAIO with Vista as well. At first I didnt like it but I got use to it and now respect Vista. Just removed the bloatware (craP) Sony installs on their computers.Tjeremiah1988
OHH god yes, man that took me hours to get all that crap off, I love the Keyboard
#14 Posted by Oborozukiyo (1967 posts) -
I likes it better than xp since i haven't had to reformat yet and it's been over a year since i've installed it.
#15 Posted by Kikouken (15913 posts) -
I don't mind Vista. I got no problems with it.
#16 Posted by Notsogr8one (3739 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]I got a VAIO with Vista as well. At first I didnt like it but I got use to it and now respect Vista. Just removed the bloatware (craP) Sony installs on their computers.Thanatos_990
OHH god yes, man that took me hours to get all that crap off, I love the Keyboard

Lol, that reminds me of the games HP computers come with and their limited play tokens.:evil: I had to beat Insaniquarium Deluxe in one sitting because I was out of those damn tokens
#17 Posted by Bass7 (6614 posts) -
I have a Sony CR (idk, I just thought the colours were awesome, so I bought one), and it obviously came installed with Vista. You're right, it's not AS bad as they say it is. So far, it's been running fine for me, only Blue Screened once, but that's because I accidently opened a game like 5 times on accident :?. Idk, I have lots of RAM on this thing, I'm guessing that helps, since Vista already takes up like 1GB -_-. I always really liked Sony displays though, I like my screen, colours are nice, didn't have to tweak or anything :).
#18 Posted by socked_feet (2290 posts) -
I've never had a problem with it.
Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
#19 Posted by Solid_Snake1221 (8658 posts) -
I like it a lot.
#20 Posted by cornholio157 (4603 posts) -
i hate vista im gonna keep Xp and hold out and hope windows 7 is better. i hate theres no file or other such menus in windows explorer like "my computer" in vista. for me its inconvienent and wastes my time looking for what i need
#21 Posted by efrucht (1596 posts) -

I find it to be much more stable than XP, but maybe I'm just crazy.

#22 Posted by Notsogr8one (3739 posts) -
i hate vista im gonna keep Xp and hold out and hope windows 7 is better. i hate theres no file or other such menus in windows explorer like "my computer" in vista. for me its inconvienent and wastes my time looking for what i needcornholio157
Just press Alt while in either of those. You can also change your settings to display that bar all the time
#23 Posted by Thanatos_990 (188 posts) -

Ready Boost is awesome!! My notebook only allows 4 gigs for ram which I have but I can use my usb drive to up it to 5 gigs, it really works well, takes 5 mins to fully work

Avatar image for Sargatanas13576
#24 Posted by Sargatanas13576 (1381 posts) -

I hate Vista, but Mojave is awesome though.

j/k

#25 Posted by DJ_Novakain (2147 posts) -
Its fine.
#26 Posted by VacantPsalm (3600 posts) -
Since I have a laptop that can handle it, yes, I like Vista. It's so pretty.:D
#27 Posted by thelastguy (12030 posts) -
I like it.
#28 Posted by Acemaster27 (4482 posts) -
Not I, said the Acemaster27.
#29 Posted by Shad0ki11 (12576 posts) -
Works like a charm for me.
#30 Posted by duxup (43443 posts) -
From what I have used I like it.
#31 Posted by danjammer69 (4321 posts) -

I work for DELL and have to listen to this crap all day long. Most customers only know what others have told them about Vista. Too bad for them that we will not sell it any longer (due to EOL) with the exception of the XP downgrade option. (Pay extra and get an install with XP, but also get a Vista COA)

It is a solid OS and is nowhere as bad as some have made it out to be. Yes, there are some problems with compatability with lesser known programs or custom apps, but this is getting better with each passing day.

The biggest issue is that people are threatened by unfamiliarity and change.

#32 Posted by VacantPsalm (3600 posts) -
Question, there's an option to run a programs on Vista in compatibility mode. It goes all the way back to 95. Are you able to just set something as XP compatibility mode if it doesn't work with Vista? Edit: Pic to show what I mean...
#33 Posted by Wasdie (53593 posts) -
I personally love Vista. It is so much more visually appealing than XP and its easier to navigate.
#34 Posted by tony2077ca (5242 posts) -
I personally love Vista. It is so much more visually appealing than XP and its easier to navigate.Wasdie
i hope your joking about the easier to navigate part
#35 Posted by Film-Guy (26778 posts) -
I love it, prefer it to XP really. Most of the worst bugs are fixed now and it runs really well on my PC.
#36 Posted by Film-Guy (26778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]I personally love Vista. It is so much more visually appealing than XP and its easier to navigate.tony2077ca

I agree with him, i think Vista is much easier to use and navigate than XP ever was.

#37 Posted by Edgemaster666 (1686 posts) -
I'm a huge fan of Vista, like it way better than XP. Only bad things about Vista are its inability to play/view .GIF's and its start bar, the latter of which can be fixed pretty easily.
#38 Posted by joshrocks2245 (11248 posts) -
I like it because it's new and it's great to use :D
I like new things, and it has a new look to it, and it runs really good :)
#39 Posted by tony2077ca (5242 posts) -

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]I personally love Vista. It is so much more visually appealing than XP and its easier to navigate.Film-Guy

I agree with him, i think Vista is much easier to use and navigate than XP ever was.

i thnk there the same

#40 Posted by Zeromus1337 (15955 posts) -
I've been an XP user for 5+ years, but then I had to use Vista after my XP got corrupted. It's not as bad as everyone claims it to be. I still have to get Service Pack 1 though. When you have 2+ GB of Ram on Vista, it runs fine.
#41 Posted by tony2077ca (5242 posts) -
i prefer xp till i know that every game i have and movie players work on any other os none of the pre xp
#42 Posted by Mehdi-Y (1028 posts) -
It is good, but i prefer XP on my system
#43 Posted by daftdog (910 posts) -
I hate the new word program, every time you type something it trys to predict what you want to type from what you previously typed!!!
#44 Posted by machine_B (998 posts) -
Good OS, better than XP Pro
#45 Posted by wigan_gamer (3293 posts) -
I hate it.... wont play some of my old games :( which are classics and always fun to play when im bored.
#46 Posted by mindstorm (15254 posts) -
I'm ok with Vista I suppose. When I first got it the only thing that stopped me from reinstalling XP was Vista's ability to use a thumb drive for added RAM. Now that I've used Vista for a while I'm content. I'd really like to have a Macbook though...
#47 Posted by chakotay1 (50 posts) -
I think it is brilliant! I too was a bit sceptical at first but now that I have got it I like a lot of the features it has over XP and prefere the lay out of it.
#48 Posted by Thevenin167 (768 posts) -
i think its alittle to simplafied but other then that its ok
#49 Posted by milosbeli (1045 posts) -
i got vista and its pretty ok
#50 Posted by -Shooter- (4295 posts) -

It's not too bad