Who is the Best Metalcore screamer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KH-mixerX (5703 posts) -
My vote goes for Howard Jones of Killswitch Engage and Blood Has Been Shed. My second choice would probably be Philip LaBonte of All That Remains. Who do you think is the best metalcore screamer out currently.
#2 Posted by escapeoftheape (1576 posts) -

i was just about to say howard jones is the worst.

brock lindow, maybe.

#3 Posted by DivergeUnify (15150 posts) -
KSE is really overrated. I would say the vocalist of Converge or Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan
Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
#4 Posted by InsultToInjury_ (2219 posts) -

To be honest most metalcore vocalists are pretty weak. ie James Hart (Eighteen Visions), Shawdows (back in the day Avenged Sevenfold), Brandon (Bleeding Through). But mines would have to be Mike Williams vocalist of The Agony Scene.

#5 Posted by KH-mixerX (5703 posts) -
When I say Howard Jones, I'm referring to the "Blood Has Been Shed" Howard. Not the KSE Howard. Listen to Blood Has been Shed and then tell me Howard Jones isn't the best metalcore screamer today.
#6 Posted by DivergeUnify (15150 posts) -

To be honest most metalcore vocalists are pretty weak. ie James Hart (Eighteen Visions), Shawdows (back in the day Avenged Sevenfold), Brandon (Bleeding Through). But mines would have to be Mike Williams vocalist of The Agony Scene.

InsultToInjury_
I agree- most metalcore vocalists are bad. They can't sing, nor do a real metal growl so they have to settle for some diluted scream
#7 Posted by majoras_wrath (6057 posts) -
Theres such a thing...??? :O
#8 Posted by DivergeUnify (15150 posts) -
When I say Howard Jones, I'm referring to the "Blood Has Been Shed" Howard. Not the KSE Howard. Listen to Blood Has been Shed and then tell me Howard Jones isn't the best metalcore screamer today.KH-mixerX
Sorry, Converge blows that away.
#9 Posted by -Sniper99- (8983 posts) -
Dez from DevilDriver. Only good metalcore band
#10 Posted by ManKelly (412 posts) -
The chick from In This Moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khairmZadHg

#11 Posted by Lief_Ericson (7082 posts) -
Nick Brooks from It Dies Today
#12 Posted by KH-mixerX (5703 posts) -

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]When I say Howard Jones, I'm referring to the "Blood Has Been Shed" Howard. Not the KSE Howard. Listen to Blood Has been Shed and then tell me Howard Jones isn't the best metalcore screamer today.DivergeUnify
Sorry, Converge blows that away.

Converge is pretty amazing. It's close. It doesn't blow BHBS away though.

#13 Posted by peeviness (2023 posts) -
I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|
#14 Posted by -Sniper99- (8983 posts) -
I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|peeviness
Yeah it's all garbage. Except for DevilDriver, they kick ass:D
#15 Posted by KH-mixerX (5703 posts) -

[QUOTE="peeviness"]I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|-Sniper99-

It's an acquired taste:D.

#16 Posted by -Sniper99- (8983 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="peeviness"]I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|KH-mixerX

Not really. I listen to death metal & black metal with no problem. Metalcore's just like a crappier version of death metal, and it's fans are really annoying cause they think it's so hardcore and awesome, just like you.
#17 Posted by Moe414 (502 posts) -
Jake Luhrs- August Burns Red
Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
#18 Posted by InsultToInjury_ (2219 posts) -

Jake Luhrs- August Burns RedMoe414

Amazing band live. And hes not bad on the eye either from what I can remember.

#19 Posted by DivergeUnify (15150 posts) -
Not really. I listen to death metal & black metal with no problem. Metalcore's just like a crappier version of death metal, and it's fans are really annoying cause they think it's so hardcore and awesome, just like you. -Sniper99-
I agree to some extent( although metalcore has roots in thrash metal, not death metal I think- could be wrong). They do think it's the best thing ever and they like to think it's real metal- if you say it's not( which it isn't), they get all pissy saying it's called "METALcore" so it must be real metal( just like nu metal! :roll:).
#20 Posted by Moe414 (502 posts) -
[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="peeviness"]I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|-Sniper99-

Not really. I listen to death metal & black metal with no problem. Metalcore's just like a crappier version of death metal, and it's fans are really annoying cause they think it's so hardcore and awesome, just like you.

I dont understand Death/Black Metal x)
#21 Posted by peeviness (2023 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="peeviness"]I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|Moe414

Yeah its pretty much as equally uncool as numetal and metalcore.

#22 Posted by sparkypants (2609 posts) -

they are all terrible :P

sorry for being a troll just couldnt resist ;)

#23 Posted by Moe414 (502 posts) -
[QUOTE="Moe414"][QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="peeviness"]I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|peeviness

Eh, I prefer anything over Death/Black metal. I just dont see how its liked but whatever, different opinions.
#24 Posted by Blood-Scribe (6465 posts) -
I don't listen to Metalcore. I just listen to Metal.
#25 Posted by airg6 (4390 posts) -

InsultToInjury_
Matt heafy or Howard Jones.
#26 Posted by airg6 (4390 posts) -
[QUOTE="Moe414"][QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="peeviness"]I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|peeviness

How can you not like Death metal bands like Obituary Death and Necrophagist.
#27 Posted by ithilgore2006 (10489 posts) -

Most metalcore vocalists are fairly poor. they can't sing, and they can't growl/scream, so they've can only just sort of, "scratch", if you know how I mean, they just make their voice be "scratchy". It's a major thing wrong with metalcore as a subgenre.

To the TC, I don't think Howard Jones should scream, he can sing very well, so he should stick to that only.

#28 Posted by metaldude05 (978 posts) -
to be honest, while i think howard is great he is very one dimensional. the guitarists adam does alot of the high screams i believe. anyway id say mike from the devil weres prada. im not sure if there metalcore or not but i think hes really good. also stephen from Haste the day is incredible
#29 Posted by peeviness (2023 posts) -
[QUOTE="peeviness"][QUOTE="Moe414"][QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="-Sniper99-"][QUOTE="peeviness"]I really don't understand metalcore, or it's fans :|airg6

How can you not like Death metal bands like Obituary Death and Necrophagist.

I listen to punk and hip-hop, so I guess you could say lyrics play a large role in what I like, and death metal lyrics/vocals just don't appeal to me.

I can admire some of the music, just not the singing.

#30 Posted by Sk8ter_213 (4573 posts) -
Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying has a pretty good scream
#31 Posted by The_Sand_Man (6788 posts) -
Randy Blythe from Lamb of God. (imo)
#32 Posted by DivergeUnify (15150 posts) -

Most metalcore vocalists are fairly poor. they can't sing, and they can't growl/scream, so they've can only just sort of, "scratch", if you know how I mean, they just make their voice be "scratchy". It's a major thing wrong with metalcore as a subgenre.

To the TC, I don't think Howard Jones should scream, he can sing very well, so he should stick to that only.

ithilgore2006
#33 Posted by Firebrace (173 posts) -
Jake Luhrs- August Burns RedMoe414

Totally agree, also Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying.
#34 Posted by Jimko2222 (236 posts) -

KSE is really overrated. I would say the vocalist of Converge or Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape PlanDivergeUnify

I don't know about you but I really hate associating Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan with newer metalcore, they stick to daresay a bit more classic quality of the actual definition of metalcore, correct me if i'm wrong? At least with Converge its a LOT more sticking to the fusion of heavy metal and hardcore punk from years and years ago.

Jacob Bannon of Converge never-the-less really is amazing though, the fact that he sounded just like that and had so much energy when I saw them live just blew me away.

#35 Posted by USSJAndrew (5042 posts) -
Dallas Taylor when he was in UnderOath or Winston Mccall from Parkway drive.
#36 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -
Marcus Bischoff > everyone Metalcore vocalist in this topic
#37 Posted by DivergeUnify (15150 posts) -

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]KSE is really overrated. I would say the vocalist of Converge or Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape PlanJimko2222

I don't know about you but I really hate associating Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan with newer metalcore, they stick to daresay a bit more classic quality of the actual definition of metalcore, correct me if i'm wrong? At least with Converge its a LOT more sticking to the fusion of heavy metal and hardcore punk from years and years ago.

Jacob Bannon of Converge never-the-less really is amazing though, the fact that he sounded just like that and had so much energy when I saw them live just blew me away.

No, I completely agree with you. Everytime I post Converge and DEP in a metalcore topic I always question if I'm doing an injustice to them :P

#38 Posted by Lief_Ericson (7082 posts) -

Dallas Taylor when he was in UnderOath or Winston Mccall from Parkway drive.USSJAndrew

Oh damn i completely forgot about them

#39 Posted by LAZZOR (5000 posts) -
The dude from Devil Wears Prada(don't know his name) and Spencer Chamberlain get my vote. As for Dallas Taylor his screams were okay but I prefer Maylene Dallas over Underoath Dallas.
#40 Posted by metaldude05 (978 posts) -

The dude from Devil Wears Prada(don't know his name) and Spencer Chamberlain get my vote. As for Dallas Taylor his screams were okay but I prefer Maylene Dallas over Underoath Dallas.LAZZOR

Mike Hranica is his name. Spencer is great also.

#41 Posted by KH-mixerX (5703 posts) -

ithilgore2006

It's his transitions between screaming and singing in KSE which make him unique. I never got why people think his screaming is weak. It sounds excellent to me. Although KSE is his Dr. Jekyll. If you wanna hear his Mr. Hyde, listen to Blood Has Been Shed.

#42 Posted by gasmaskman (3463 posts) -

Jacob Bannon (Converge),

Jesse Leach (Killswitch Engage),

Dallas Taylor (Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, previously Underoath)

#43 Posted by dracula_16 (14806 posts) -
Philip Labonte by far. Howard Jones has the best singing voice, though.
#44 Posted by Lief_Ericson (7082 posts) -

The dude from Devil Wears Prada(don't know his name) and Spencer Chamberlain get my vote. As for Dallas Taylor his screams were okay but I prefer Maylene Dallas over Underoath Dallas.LAZZOR

Have you heard him in Cries of the Past?

#45 Posted by 0diablo0 (670 posts) -

tim from AILD, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOoTibcd__g

august burns red vocalist - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qtk9c6ZGcM

parkway drive vocalist- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7usTgw-7XfM

the devil wears prada vocalist- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufN6olJ3P8s

or my fav local band, the holly springs disaster! -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hco47BGuz5M

#46 Posted by xXMcClaneXx (1110 posts) -

ME lol jk....but seriously i just saw BTBAM and Black Dahlia last night but still find myself more astounded by the lead singer of Parway drive

best deathcore screamer is most definitly the dude from Suicide SIlence.......so F'ing brutal

#47 Posted by xXMcClaneXx (1110 posts) -

[QUOTE="LAZZOR"]The dude from Devil Wears Prada(don't know his name) and Spencer Chamberlain get my vote. As for Dallas Taylor his screams were okay but I prefer Maylene Dallas over Underoath Dallas.Lief_Ericson

Have you heard him in Cries of the Past?

the prada dude is no good really....besides singing (which he pwns at).....his pirate style lows are weaksauce

#48 Posted by Vault113 (25 posts) -

Randy Blythe, Lamb Of God. Questionably Metalcore, but I figured he deserved some recognition.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
#49 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6536 posts) -

Randy Blythe, Lamb Of God. Questionably Metalcore, but I figured he deserved some recognition.

Vault113
you really had to bump a 5 year old thread?
#50 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="peeviness"][QUOTE="Moe414"] I dont understand Death/Black Metal x)Moe414

Eh, I prefer anything over Death/Black metal. I just dont see how its liked but whatever, different opinions.

Death metal is great. I think black metal's crappy though. They're actually pretty different.