Who is more responsible for all the evil?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IronBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IronBeaver
Member since 2009 • 1986 Posts

The decisions of a few bad people, or the passive failures of the common man?

Like, you could say the common man because he is so distracted and indifferent, but couldn't that be because of all the stuff made by the elite?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#2  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

It's YOU, Big Boss!

(I am also Big Boss!)

Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Judas_
Member since 2013 • 319 Posts

La Li Lu Le Lo............................La Li Lu Le Lo...........................La Li Lu Le Lo....................

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Um what?Can you rephrase that question TC?

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

The common. They have the power at the end of the day and the greatest potential to transform society into good.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

We all are.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#7 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@IronBeaver said:

Like, you could say the common man because he is so distracted and indifferent, but couldn't that be because of all the stuff made by the elite?

I would say human nature. It's in the nature of humans to want power but also to ignore things that scare them, well, us. And the fact that the world is ruled by a few people, i mean you could say it's "democracy" but it really has nothing to do with it.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@IronBeaver said:

A few bad people.

That's not to say that the "common man" doesn't play a role. Some dude kills himself or goes on a rampage because he feels like "the common man" doesn't give a $hit about him. He feels alienated and an outcast, there's no one to turn to, and he goes a little bit more insane. Still, f*** that guy. The VAST majority of people alive today are not the "elite" or anything close to being "the elite". The vast majority of people who are "victims of evil" are not "the elite". And gee, look at that...most of them aren't "being evil". It's just a select few. They're also poor and disadvantaged and downtrodden, but you don't see them committing heinous acts of evil or murdering the $hit out of people. Most people manage to come off as being at least reasonably decent people without needing "the elite" to walk them through life and wipe their asses for them.

And hell...what reason is there to coddle these people? Do you know what often happens when "the elite" try to help out the less-than-privileged? The less-than-privileged often try to royally f*** over "the elite". Example: I'm fairly broke. Not as broke as some people, though. So if I walk through an area with a heavy concentration of bums, it's not uncommon for bums to ask me for money. I've learned not to give them a goddamn thing. Because the second that you give them anything, they get pissed off that you didn't give more. And even if they're happy with your contribution, you had better hope that you never see them again.

DO NOT perform random acts of charity or kindness to a stranger unless you genuinely have reason to believe that you'll never see that person again. Be VERY wary of doing extra stuff just to help oput your fellow man. Because if the recipients of such charity manage to recognize a pattern, they will abuse the ever-loving bejeesus out of you. Do something nice ONCE, and before you know it, it has become YOUR JOB. Now, despite the fact that you had no reason to do it in the first place, you can't stop doing it or else it'll have consequences. That thing you did at work because the person who gets paid to do it wasn't there? Well, $hit. Now you did it, which demonstrates that you can do it. So now you're f***ing expected to do it even though that that's not your f***ing job. That dude who lives near you who you occasionally lend change for burgers? Well, you'd sure as hell better not stop giving him pocket change, because he knows where you live. If you had said no the first time, you would have been fine. But instead, you gave him pocket change five times, so you're f***ed now. Now, in his mind, giving him money is YOUR JOB. The next time you're walking to the mailbox and he asks you for change, you'd better not refuse to pay him. Otherwise, he'll throw a brick at your car's windshield while you're asleep.

And it's like...who is worse in that scenario? Well...HIM. Just because I own a car that he can vandalize doesn't mean I'm not poor. Hell...I'm probably even WORSE off than him. He looks at my $hit as a luxury, but the fact is that my $hit requires money to upkeep. I can't lose my car without losing my f***ing job, while he doesn't have a job or a car, and is doing just fine. I have things that I need to put money toards in order to put food on the table, while that's a nonissue for him because he can't afford $hit that actually requires spending.

So, yeaH...F*** BUMS. They can go kiss my ass. I'm not saying that there aren't some good bums and leeches out there. But if even half of them are dirtbags, then it's in my best interest to not help any of them out one f***ing bit. Especially since I'm pretty f***ing poor too.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@IronBeaver said:

A few bad people.

That's not to say that the "common man" doesn't play a role. Some dude kills himself or goes on a rampage because he feels like "the common man" doesn't give a $hit about him. He feels alienated and an outcast, there's no one to turn to, and he goes a little bit more insane. Still, f*** that guy. The VAST majority of people alive today are not the "elite" or anything close to being "the elite". The vast majority of people who are "victims of evil" are not "the elite". And gee, look at that...most of them aren't "being evil". It's just a select few. They're also poor and disadvantaged and downtrodden, but you don't see them committing heinous acts of evil or murdering the $hit out of people. Most people manage to come off as being at least reasonably decent people without needing "the elite" to walk them through life and wipe their asses for them.

And hell...what reason is there to coddle these people? Do you know what often happens when "the elite" try to help out the less-than-privileged? The less-than-privileged often try to royally f*** over "the elite". Example: I'm fairly broke. Not as broke as some people, though. So if I walk through an area with a heavy concentration of bums, it's not uncommon for bums to ask me for money. I've learned not to give them a goddamn thing. Because the second that you give them anything, they get pissed off that you didn't give more. And even if they're happy with your contribution, you had better hope that you never see them again.

DO NOT perform random acts of charity or kindness to a stranger unless you genuinely have reason to believe that you'll never see that person again. Be VERY wary of doing extra stuff just to help oput your fellow man. Because if the recipients of such charity manage to recognize a pattern, they will abuse the ever-loving bejeesus out of you. Do something nice ONCE, and before you know it, it has become YOUR JOB. Now, despite the fact that you had no reason to do it in the first place, you can't stop doing it or else it'll have consequences. That thing you did at work because the person who gets paid to do it wasn't there? Well, $hit. Now you did it, which demonstrates that you can do it. So now you're f***ing expected to do it even though that that's not your f***ing job. That dude who lives near you who you occasionally lend change for burgers? Well, you'd sure as hell better not stop giving him pocket change, because he knows where you live. If you had said no the first time, you would have been fine. But instead, you gave him pocket change five times, so you're f***ed now. Now, in his mind, giving him money is YOUR JOB. The next time you're walking to the mailbox and he asks you for change, you'd better not refuse to pay him. Otherwise, he'll throw a brick at your car's windshield while you're asleep.

And it's like...who is worse in that scenario? Well...HIM. Just because I own a car that he can vandalize doesn't mean I'm not poor. Hell...I'm probably even WORSE off than him. He looks at my $hit as a luxury, but the fact is that my $hit requires money to upkeep. I can't lose my car without losing my f***ing job, while he doesn't have a job or a car, and is doing just fine. I have things that I need to put money toards in order to put food on the table, while that's a nonissue for him because he can't afford $hit that actually requires spending.

So, yeaH...F*** BUMS. They can go kiss my ass. I'm not saying that there aren't some good bums and leeches out there. But if even half of them are dirtbags, then it's in my best interest to not help any of them out one f***ing bit. Especially since I'm pretty f***ing poor too.

I loved reading that.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

Is there really such a thing as evil? anyway most of all bad(decisions that only improve their own lives) decisions imo are by selfish people looking out only for themselves. There are of course decisions that have both ups, and downsides that have to be made. Then there are those that think they are doing good, but really are not in other peoples eyes. Just to note Hitler thought he was doing something good by doing what he had done.

It's just not as simple as good, and bad.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Marilyn Manson.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Video games....

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Aliens who feed of our fear!

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14  Edited By CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

God!

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

@CleanPlayer said:

God!

Each and every one of us, is apart of God!But we have been corrupted with fear!

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@IronBeaver said:

A few bad people.

You know, I don't always agree with you, but you're absolutely right here. It's the same thing where I work. They shove extra work on people, and those that grit their teeth and do it are punished. They are made to continue doing the work. Those that didn't get it done are chewed out, but they don't have to do the work anymore. I learned this the hard way where I work. I work at the local hospital and I don't care at all anymore about doing a quality job. I've gotten in too much trouble and suffered too much abuse to attempt to try. Most of my co-workers feel the same way.

And this is how the world ends. Forgive the quote, but "not with a bang, but a whimper." The 'common' man has been so beaten down by management and 'the man' (an expression of which I am not too fond, but is relatively accurate), that he doesn't care anymore. He can't care anymore. It causes too much stress, too much exhaustion. Trying to provide for a family in the modern economy is too taxing. Why should he give a crap about anyone else when his own existence is so fraught with worry about basic necessities.

The only people who can change the direction in which this nation (and one could infer the world) is for those who are in charge of others, the leaders, to step up to become actual leaders. For them to move beyond their petty posturing for power and lives of luxury and actually give a once of compassion and appreciation to those who enable them to be in their positions.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

If it's a question of active evil vs. passive evil, active (the few bad people). That doesn't mean good people who do nothing share no responsibility.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 muthsera666

@Makhaidos said:

If it's a question of active evil vs. passive evil, active (the few bad people). That doesn't mean good people who do nothing share no responsibility.

What about the good people who cannot do anything. Just because they don't do anything doesn't mean that they wouldn't were they in a different position. Families, jobs, and survival can interfere with doing what they want and what they feel is right.

The 'right' thing in a murder trial may be to testify that you saw a mafioso kill a man. But what will the other men do to your family if you do so? Admittedly a bit of an extreme example, but it does prove my point.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

It's YOU, Big Boss!

(I am also Big Boss!)

Big boss of bossses innit

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 muthsera666

@roulettethedog said:

Lust ,Gluttony ,Greed ,Sloth ,Wrath, Envy ,and Pride I blame these 7 sins and we all have done at least one if not all 7.

These things are not the problem in and of themselves. They cannot be removed from the human range of emotions. Instead it is the extent demonstrated and the remorse afterwards that dictate the world. And you don't need religion for that.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

That darn rock n' roll and comic books

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

It's all Satan's fault. I refuse to believe any human is capable of being evil on their own.