Who is excited for Dune?

• 53 results
Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Who is excited for Dune? (29 votes)

Yay! 72%
Meh... 28%

Seems like a huge time ago since we saw a truly interesting movie.

I am super excited to go see it!

• 
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

I WAS excited to see it. But everyone around me, in real life, aren't excited about it. So now I'm meh.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

I'm not interested enough to go to the movie theater. But I will definitely see it at some point.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 607 Posts

Huge sand worms! Extraterrestrial conflict!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15872 Posts

Watched it, it was just decent. Probably a great watch if you a fan of the book.

Vaativids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vaativids
Member since 2021 • 337 Posts

I love how different the domestic box office is to international. Dune ranked 58% higher than the Chinese Marvel movie, Shang Chi and the Ten Rings. I hear even Halloween is doing better than The Last Duel. The reason why they produce so much crap is because the domestic market loves that crap. Whilst the rest of the world literally couldn’t be more hyped for Dune. Disney are in trouble.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

interested.... but I don't typically watch movies or shows so I doubt I'll see it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

My favorite book of all time. Favorite series, really. Yes even the Brian Herbert books, crap as they are...

But no I am definitely stoked for this movie. Going to take a nap (just got off work) and wake up, have some lunch and then watch it out in the living room.

My only really issue so far is Denis Villeneuve's pisspoor attitude about it being released on streaming and theaters. I can appreciate someone having an artistic vision and thinking the big screen is the only place for it, but a t the end of the day you made a film for people to enjoy and they should enjoy it in a manner that works for them.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Never read the books and the 80s movie never interested me. After seeing the cast and the trailer for the new movie recently, I have decided to give this one a chance. Already paying for HBO anyway.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Not really but maybe I'll like it not having the greatest expectations. I haven't read books so no expectations from that and I never religiously celebrated the David Lynch film either so again I feel open to trying to like it for what it is.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

Me! Going to watch it at home and wake up all the kids tonight.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts

Sure.

Seeing it in the theatre tomorrow.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

I WAS excited to see it. But everyone around me, in real life, aren't excited about it. So now I'm meh.

Why should the opinions of other people influence your own opinion?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT!

Dune was awesome. Finally, after decades of attempts, we got the Dune movie we deserved.

The best book-to-film adaptation I have ever seen.

My only issue as of now is that it is pretty much the first half of the book, if even that. Now, I've read it is technically titled "Dune: Part 1" so I think we are getting the second half, but at the same time given how heated Villenueve is about streaming release and wanting to go to Universal (instead of WB), I am a little worried.

But right now, wow. Just wow. Awesome. My favorite book of all time translated beautifully into film format. I have no criticisms. Acting was perfect, they transcribed the book into a great script, the overall art direction was great.

A lot of nuance is often lost when books are made into movies but this film kept a lot of it. I was expecting a lot of stuff to get lost, but every time I muttered something to myself that was in the book, I heard the characters on the screen say it as well. From pointing out that "Shadout Mapes" means "well dipper" and is a title of honor on a waterless planet, to how a deaf guard wouldn't fall prey to "the voice" if used on him, they got a lot of the detail in there and it was beautiful.

****, it feels so good to have your hype validated sometimes.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEVILinIRON
@Byshop said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

I am influenced by certain critics. So I am also influenced by certain people around me. Two things about this one. One is that I asked a woman to the movies and they said no. The other is that I was introduced to the "white savior" trope. The film may be a critique against that, according to the director of Dune, but it bothered me. And no-one in my family wants to go. Honestly I don't like going to the movies by myself. They are kind of far, relatively. Haven't looked up how much it is to stream it. So basically I've just been occupied with work and Diablo 2: Ressurrected to the point where I will listen to outside sources.

How about you? What's your opinion?

EDIT: So I have HBO Max now. Just have to pull myself away from Diablo 2 and MMA videos...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrbojangles25

@DEVILinIRON: White savior trope is moot. The Fremen don't need saving. They existed on Dune for thousands of years before the noble houses came for the Spice, and barring what happened in the novels , they would have continued to exist for thousands of years after.

If anything, the kind of people that take offense to white savior trope should take satisfaction out of this; imperialist forces that come to a planet to pillage its resources are destroyed, while the strong and capable natives rescue the last remaining person of a noble bloodline.

Paul Atreides needs the Fremen a helluva lot more than the Fremen need Paul.

*also the Fremen are a mixed lot; they're white, they're black, they're brown. Their culture is obviously inspired by nomadic desert tribes like the Tuareg or Bedouin but that's as far as I would read into it. No need to make a race argument over it .

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DEVILinIRON

@mrbojangles25: Thanks for that. I'm glad you liked it. I've read Dune and the sequel, but it was a long time ago.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

Watched it and its waste of time. 2 and half hour of torture.

its just so boring I fall asleep.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2313 Posts

Most of the little interest I had was squandered when I learned that it's incomplete and may never get a sequel. Seemed ripe for a four hour movie with intermission. But I know studios are too cowardly to do that for big theatrical releases anymore. They want the movie to be played more often each day. Hey, maybe if you want people to show up, you should stop charging them thirteen dollars! Alternatively, they could have split the movie in two and then released them both in almost the same year or one year apart, like with The Matrix 2 and 3 or The Lord of the Rings.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Byshop  Moderator

@DEVILinIRON said:

I am influenced by certain critics. So I am also influenced by certain people around me. Two things about this one. One is that I asked a woman to the movies and they said no. The other is that I was introduced to the "white savior" trope. The film may be a critique against that, according to the director of Dune, but it bothered me. And no-one in my family wants to go. Honestly I don't like going to the movies by myself. They are kind of far, relatively. Haven't looked up how much it is to stream it. So basically I've just been occupied with work and Diablo 2: Ressurrected to the point where I will listen to outside sources.

EDIT: So I have HBO Max now. Just have to pull myself away from Diablo 2 and MMA videos...

I get not going to the movies by yourself. Personally that doesn't bother me at all. I travel for work (pre-pandemic) and going to a theater in a different city was one way to spend an evening. I see your edit but I was going to mention it's streaming on HBO Max, too.

Dune is totally a "white savior" trope story, but it was also based on a book written literally over half a century ago. Regardless of the race of the characters, it is very much a "person of wealth and privilege joins an indigenous native population and ends up being the best among them". This was acknowledged by Herbert in interviews and discussion, but back then it was described as "western influence" on the native civilization talking about the influence that Paul and Liet Keynes have on Arrakis and the eventual impact they have. I don't know if the Villeneuve film subverts this or not, but as the story goes on in the 2nd and 3rd books it becomes pretty clear that the native population's culture and way of life is all but destroyed by this in the long run. By the 4th book there are no actual Fremen left.

Personally I can't wait to see it but I have to find time to watch it with my wife. I already know pretty much everything that's likely to happen in it, but I want to see this modern take and compare it to the book. I even enjoyed the Lynch version even though it took some bizarre creative liberties. Dune's a pretty classic sci-fi story with some awesome ideas. I really hope they make more movies out of the sequels as well, as the story starts to go in some pretty crazy directions.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DEVILinIRON

@Byshop: Nice. Yeah, I like the Lynch version too. Loved it as a kid, before I read the book. Kind of sad that Lynch disowned it. Though it's certainly not like his other films.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@DEVILinIRON said:

@Byshop: Nice. Yeah, I like the Lynch version too. Loved it as a kid, before I read the book. Kind of sad that Lynch disowned it. Though it's certainly not like his other films.

Agreed. The original Dune film has a beginning, a middle, and an end plus a story that makes sense so yeah, it was nothing like his other films. No wonder he hated it. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

Probably watch it on HBO Max. Saw the 84 movie after reading the novel and wasn't impressed. This should be better but I don't know if I want to see it in the theater.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MirkoS77
@mrbojangles25 said:

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT!

Dune was awesome. Finally, after decades of attempts, we got the Dune movie we deserved.

My only issue as of now is that it is pretty much the first half of the book, if even that. Now, I've read it is technically titled "Dune: Part 1" so I think we are getting the second half, but at the same time given how heated Villenueve is about streaming release and wanting to go to Universal (instead of WB), I am a little worried.

But right now, wow. Just wow. Awesome. My favorite book of all time translated beautifully into film format. I have no criticisms. Acting was perfect, they transcribed the book into a great script, the overall art direction was great.

A lot of nuance is often lost when books are made into movies but this film kept a lot of it. I was expecting a lot of stuff to get lost, but every time I muttered something to myself that was in the book, I heard the characters on the screen say it as well. From pointing out that "Shadout Mapes" means "well dipper" and is a title of honor on a waterless planet, to how a deaf guard wouldn't fall prey to "the voice" if used on him, they got a lot of the detail in there and it was beautiful.

Yeah, just got back from it.

Defintely legit. Villeneuve’s flair for grand, sweeping visual splendor is a perfect fit for Herbert’s universe, and the vistas didn’t disappoint. I was hoping to get a better look at the worms, but the conveyance of their enormity and power was well framed and shot. I was a bit bummed they didn’t show the folding of space time. Absolutely LOVED the costumes and visual direction chosen, especially the Fremen and Stillsuits…..this is always how I’ve pictured Frank’s vision. Perfectly nomadic and epic in scope…..this will be a cosplayer’s wet dream.

I think they did a remarkable job considering the gravitas of the source material they’re working with. Chalamet works for me as Paul, so far at least. How he handles the transition remains to be seen, but so far, so good. I didn’t really see the criticisms I’ve heard (mainly pacing dragging in the second half and poor character development), I was captivated and highly entertained the entire runtime. And for the love of God people….see this on the big screen!!

Chani’s a babe. 😍 Rwarrr!

They damn well BETTER make another, to leave this one hanging would be downright criminal.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DEVILinIRON

About 2/3 through it and it's great!

EDIT: Done. Got to watch it with someone else, so that was good.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I watched it yesterday. It is a good film version of the first book. I guess it will take another 4-5 years before we see the ending of the trilogy, if it does get made.

I think for those who have not read the books (my wife) then it might be a bit meh…she has already told me she isn’t going to watch part 2 with me.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#26 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49565 Posts

I haven't read the books, but the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I look forward to the next part. Hell of a cast.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Absolutely loved it. Captured the grandiose nature of the Dune universe and it's 'alieness' to us, even though they're still human. The scene on the Sardikaur home world was amazing in showing this. Everything from the cinematography and soundtrack were amazing. I'm just disappointed they couldn't green light a second movie immediately. Granted, at the point it cut off there is a time gap in the novel itself. I can't believe any critic would give this a poor review.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HoolaHoopMan
@mrbojangles25 said:

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT!

If people are complaining about world building and cut content I'm sure an extended edition will eventually surface filling in some gaps. I also agree that it's VERY faithful in its adaption.

Dune is dense. Very dense. And that's part of the problem with translating things where scope has to be cut to reach a run time. Thought they nailed the important stuff and didn't get bogged down in non-essentials.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrbojangles25

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Absolutely loved it. Captured the grandiose nature of the Dune universe and it's 'alieness' to us, even though they're still human. The scene on the Sardikaur home world was amazing in showing this. Everything from the cinematography and soundtrack were amazing. I'm just disappointed they couldn't green light a second movie immediately. Granted, at the point it cut off there is a time gap in the novel itself. I can't believe any critic would give this a poor review.

Yeah, I am happy where they ended it. Spot on with your "alieness" comment. The different houses might as well be different subspecies of humans, they are so different.

Also thought the Sardaukar scene was dope, loved the throat singing. Gonna have that going when I workout haha

Loading Video...

I watched that scene and I was like "Space vikings. Mother ****ing Space Vikings."

Which is exactly what people should think of Sardaukar haha.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HoolaHoopMan

@mrbojangles25 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Yeah, I am happy where they ended it. Spot on with your "alieness" comment. The different houses might as well be different subspecies of humans, they are so different.

Also thought the Sardaukar scene was dope, loved the throat singing. Gonna have that going when I workout haha

Loading Video...

I watched that scene and I was like "Space vikings. Mother ****ing Space Vikings."

Which is exactly what people should think of Sardaukar haha.

Even the parts with the Baron and Harkonnens. Their entire planet and people appear as trans-human. Stellan Skarsgård's Baron is fantastic, and it almost gives off a creepiness that permeates every scene he's in.

If I have one critique it's that some dialogue used from the book made it through and it seems off. The parts about 'Desert Power' just seems lame.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MirkoS77

Going to see it again tonight.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mrbojangles25

@HoolaHoopMan: Yeah I think it was the context of how they used desert power, it sort of made it a gimmick. The whole "white savor" trope has been mentioned in this thread before, but I thought that was essentially the only real spot where it felt like the Atreides were manipulating the Fremen to sinister purposes. It felt beneath them, like Duke Leto was like "Oh ya we need desert power, Paul. Get it? Desert power?!" and Paul was like "Oooooooh yeah, sure. Desert power. I get it"

In the books, it seemed like Duke Leto knew how precarious his position was and that the whole concept of desert power was not a simple means to gain power, but a literal necessity; something they needed to survive. It made it seem like in the books Fremen would have been true allies to the Atreides, whereas in the film they seemed more like tools to be used.

This is a very minor complaint on my part, however; based on Leto's initial meeting with Stilgar it seemed like they likely would have been allies of equal stature. Then again maybe not.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#34 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19379 Posts

I've been waiting for a proper Dune adaptation ever since I watched that David Lynch abomination a decade ago. The Dune novel was the godfather of modern sci-fi, inspiring the likes of Star Wars and countless other sci-fi. It's cool that Dune finally got the proper big-budget adaptation it deserved.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#35  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19379 Posts
@DEVILinIRON said:
@Byshop said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

I haven't seen the movie, but am familiar with the books to a certain extent.

Dune was partly influenced by Lawrence of Arabia, which was a "white saviour" type story. So there are definitely "white saviour" influences in the story. But it's a lot more complex than that, and fairly subversive. Unlike Lawrence who was "saving" the Arabs on behalf of British imperialist interests, Paul Atreides is an out-and-out anti-imperialist. He also adopts the Fremen religion (basically a mixture of Islam and Buddhism), declares himself their messiah, and leads them in a "jihad" holy war against the imperialist powers... In other words, what many might consider a "terrorist" today.

If there's any other fictional protagonist I'd compare Paul Atreides to, it would be Lelouch from the anime Code Geass (which was partly influenced by Dune).

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MirkoS77

@Jag85 said:

I've been waiting for a proper Dune adaptation ever since I watched that David Lynch abomination a decade ago. The Dune novel was the godfather of modern sci-fi, inspiring the likes of Star Wars and countless other sci-fi. It's cool that Dune finally got the proper big-budget adaptation it deserved.

Sigh….I suppose I’m alone in having a soft spot for Lynch’s Dune, maybe it was the age at which I first saw it, I don’t know. The dude did the best with what he could. Dune is no lightweight, and any film adaptation is only going to be a cursory glance, at best, of the depth of this universe. Aside, I still favor a few things in it over Villeneuve’s vision (notably the Gom Jabbar scene), and Kyle was a decent (albeit too old) Paul.

Never much understood the rampant hate for it. Yeah it’s cheesy as hell and the art direction is downright laughable, but it’s a fun ride. This film is undoubtedly superior, but hey…..Sting in a Speedo and milking cats.

I can dig it.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Byshop: I don’t fully see it as White Saviour type of movie or book, but perhaps partly. From memory, I don’t recall Paul being described as white or Caucasian.

From my perspective and I might not be correct, it’s about exploration of Middle East, it’s religion crude oil, the people and corruption.

The Harkonnens are sort of like Shell, BP or the other big oil firms operating in the Middle East. The Sarduca is basically the British and American governments facilitating the exploitation of crude oil.

Spice is obviously crude oil, it has many uses and often for travel, (gasoline)…

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nirgal

Just watched it. Quite liked it.

Dont know about the second part, but he doesnt really do much saving in this part. Mostly defends himself or i saved by others.

The movie was quite good and was happy i saw it.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DEVILinIRON
@kadin_kai said:

@Byshop: I don’t fully see it as White Saviour type of movie or book, but perhaps partly. From memory, I don’t recall Paul being described as white or Caucasian.

From my perspective and I might not be correct, it’s about exploration of Middle East, it’s religion crude oil, the people and corruption.

The Harkonnens are sort of like Shell, BP or the other big oil firms operating in the Middle East. The Sarduca is basically the British and American governments facilitating the exploitation of crude oil.

Spice is obviously crude oil, it has many uses and often for travel, (gasoline)…

I read somewhere that Paul was based on Lawrence of Arabia. So blond haired blue eyed.

Lawrence of Arabia

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nirgal

According to the wiki:

In his youth, Paul was a small boy with an oval face, coal-colored, and tousled hair and green eyes.

Not sure about his skin color? But middle Eastern People do sometimes have blue or green eyes.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HoolaHoopMan

@mrbojangles25 said:

@HoolaHoopMan: Yeah I think it was the context of how they used desert power, it sort of made it a gimmick. The whole "white savor" trope has been mentioned in this thread before, but I thought that was essentially the only real spot where it felt like the Atreides were manipulating the Fremen to sinister purposes. It felt beneath them, like Duke Leto was like "Oh ya we need desert power, Paul. Get it? Desert power?!" and Paul was like "Oooooooh yeah, sure. Desert power. I get it"

In the books, it seemed like Duke Leto knew how precarious his position was and that the whole concept of desert power was not a simple means to gain power, but a literal necessity; something they needed to survive. It made it seem like in the books Fremen would have been true allies to the Atreides, whereas in the film they seemed more like tools to be used.

This is a very minor complaint on my part, however; based on Leto's initial meeting with Stilgar it seemed like they likely would have been allies of equal stature. Then again maybe not.

I generally don't agree with the 'white savior' trope being present here, although there are similarities. The entire theme to me is that Paul purposely doesn't wan to be deified, which somewhat happens (more on that in the later books). He doesn't 'save' the Fremen really. They are unleashed on the galaxy in a wave of destruction that kills tens of billions. It's an example of what happens when fervent belief and a cult like mentality drive people to untold destruction. Paul laments that even he can't save the known universe from the atrocities his followers are about to commit. The Fremen are an instrument of destruction that he ultimately cannot control.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17779 Posts

Saw it last night. Wow. just wow. a privilege to see it. my only complaint is i want more! i really really hope warner bros greelight part 2 (and maybe the rest of the series of books too).

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Byshop  Moderator

@kadin_kai said:

The trope isn't just about "white dude saves brown people", although that can be part of it. Paul is the son of a duke. He's born into about as much privilege as anyone can be in this universe. Then he becomes basically the messiah the indigenous people to the planet. At least over the course of the story of Dune specifically, it ticks all the boxes. As the story goes on, though, it becomes more of a critique of colonialism since Paul's influence goes from helping the Fremen retake their world to basically completely destroying their way of life.

Vaativids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vaativids

@Byshop: Wait a minute. That’s not true. The Fremen are clearly multi-ethnic, very diverse, we knew this before watching itand yes, that includes white people too. So why advocate the American prerogative that white people should be considered separately to every other race? What race do you think Fremen leader Javier Bardem is?

It’s such a strange criticism to bring up when the film in fact actively deconstructs your primitive view of human races.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DEVILinIRON
@vaativids said:

@Byshop: What race do you think Fremen leader Javier Bardem is?

That's a tough one. When Bardem was in No Country For Old Men, the "Coen Brothers wanted someone that could avoid a sense of identification, the Coens sought to cast someone 'who could have come from Mars'".

Bardem has always been that way to me. He's a bit more complicated.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I just saw the movie last night and really enjoyed it. Most movies anymore don't really impress me that much, But I'd say I haven't enjoyed a movie this much since Max Max Fury Road back in 2015. The production was top notch, from the set designs to the costumes, and the acting from every character was great. I'll buy the Bluray when it releases, and that's not something I usually do these days.

Vaativids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Vaativids

@rmiller365: Agreed. In a market dominated by brain-dead action movies and endless bland, predictable comic book franchises, Dune offers something a little bit different. It’s reminds you that Hollywood are still capable of producing something genuinely good, provided the right people are involved.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Enjoyed the movie but I must say, words can not express how much I hate Hans Zimmer work here. Such a corny, over the top soundtrack. 🤮 But it's not the first time I deeply dislike one of his OSTs. (For clarification, it's not the music itself but how it's used

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HoolaHoopMan

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Enjoyed the movie but I must say, words can not express how much I hate Hans Zimmer work here. Such a corny, over the top soundtrack. 🤮 But it's not the first time I deeply dislike one of his OSTs. (For clarification, it's not the music itself but how it's used

I did think there were several parts where they suddenly had the female vocals interspersed that seemed off. But I did like the industrial feel of the sounds. It gave it some 'agoraphobic' sense to scenes.