Who has seen Fantastic Four?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Has anyone seen it? I ask because it is sitting at a robust 9% on RottenTomatoes, which if you are curious is lower than Elektra but even with Catwoman.

So who's seen it, what did you think? I ask because I'm legitimately curious of the general consensus among our market (the video gamer, probably nerdier than most market)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@davillain- saw it and calling it pretty mediocre on RC so i'm not surprised this movie fell flat on its stomach as TAS 2 :)

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

It wasn't horrible, but it is nowhere near the quality of other recent superhero movies. If you can only watch one movie this summer at full price, pick something else and wait for Fantastic Four to hit the two dollar cinema or watch it when it makes it home.

Some of the things that may have pissed off fans are making Johnny Storm black and making Sue his adoptive sister instead of his biological one, changes made to Doctor Doom, the fact that the military used the Thing as a combat asset for their first year after the accident and were about to use Johnny as one too, and changing their accident from a space accident to an alternate dimension accident.

If you do decide to watch it, don't waste your time waiting for a post-credits scene. There is none, although as of right now a sequel is planned.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

I wanted to cry the whole time, atrocious movie.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Were the previous Fantastic Four movies so bad Hollywood needed to reboot the franchise because if so, I don't recall that as being true.

The bottom line is the movie industry is completely stale and w/o remakes and/or reboots, there would be a shortage of films. Don't get me wrong, some of these reinventions are not bad, per se, but not needed.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

As someone who is a fan of Silver Surfer and Galactus (the characters) it pains me to see this license abused by shit-poor filmmakers.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Not wasting my money on that crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Were the previous Fantastic Four movies so bad Hollywood needed to reboot the franchise because if so, I don't recall that as being true.

The bottom line is the movie industry is completely stale and w/o remakes and/or reboots, there would be a shortage of films. Don't get me wrong, some of these reinventions are not bad, per se, but not needed.

It's really the blockbuster/summer lineup from Hollywood that gets stale tbh. I don't like superhero films at all but the rest of the year is always solid particularly in the Fall once the film festivals start.

Warriors30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 Warriors30
Member since 2013 • 967 Posts
Loading Video...

Angry Joe saw it... didn't like it very much.