White House Was Warned About Obamacare Website Problems.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Live
#1 Posted by Master_Live (18815 posts) -

TIME: A report warned in March that Healthcare.gov was heading for trouble.

Huffington Post: Obamacare Report: Obama Administration Knew About Health Care Law's Rollout Risks Last Spring

Avatar image for dave123321
#2 Posted by dave123321 (35329 posts) -

Reminds me of the gta online scandal

Avatar image for Master_Live
#3 Posted by Master_Live (18815 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

Reminds me of the gta online scandal

I guess this was the thread that "pushed you" back in.

Avatar image for dave123321
#4 Edited by dave123321 (35329 posts) -

Air shockers thread did that

Pulled in this case.

Avatar image for dave123321
#5 Posted by dave123321 (35329 posts) -

he reminded me of the good parts of OT. Plus show talk

Avatar image for WhiteKnight77
#6 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12605 posts) -

It's funny that previous stories have stated this, yet quite a few here stated that it wasn't true. That this thread was created shows that it was very true. To make matters worse, the very day that the administration was warned, the HHS Secretary testified in front of Congress that there would be no problems with the roll out.

Avatar image for dave123321
#7 Posted by dave123321 (35329 posts) -

Hopefully people will make an informed decision when it comes to election time

Avatar image for WhiteKnight77
#8 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12605 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

Hopefully people will make an informed decision when it comes to election time

Who are you kidding Dave? Every election cycle, more often than not, people keep reelecting the same people into office time and again no matter what has transpired. When a senator keeps getting elected even though suspected in the death of a young woman, shows that voters vote for shallow reasons no matter how much said politician lies to them.

Avatar image for deeliman
#9 Posted by deeliman (3728 posts) -

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@dave123321 said:

Hopefully people will make an informed decision when it comes to election time

Who are you kidding Dave? Every election cycle, more often than not, people keep reelecting the same people into office time and again no matter what has transpired. When a senator keeps getting elected even though suspected in the death of a young woman, shows that voters vote for shallow reasons no matter how much said politician lies to them.

News flash; every politician lies. If they didn't, nobody would vote for them.

Avatar image for Solaryellow
#10 Posted by Solaryellow (3725 posts) -

@WhiteKnight77 said:

It's funny that previous stories have stated this, yet quite a few here stated that it wasn't true. That this thread was created shows that it was very true. To make matters worse, the very day that the administration was warned, the HHS Secretary testified in front of Congress that there would be no problems with the roll out.

This site has many people who think the government can do no wrong and can run our lives better than we can. Reality says something different though.

Avatar image for dave123321
#11 Edited by dave123321 (35329 posts) -

@WhiteKnight77:

Understand that there are pros and cons to every choice. Your pony may not be people's best option to them based on a good faith evaluation of the issues. The best we can hope for is a more informed public. Which sadly sadly sadly is very lacking as we have seen.

Which brings up the issue of do elections and voting results really represent what is best for the people.

PlanetPluto brought up a point the other day that the will of the people voted certain parties into power again so there was a call for change. A vote to bring back or keep those already there. But gerrymandering was brought up as a potential influencer. Maybe that played a role. Or maybe results are more ignorance then not as you have contended in some cases.

Avatar image for dave123321
#12 Posted by dave123321 (35329 posts) -

@Solaryellow: who in OT trusts the gov to do no wrong

Avatar image for mattbbpl
#13 Edited by mattbbpl (14537 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

@Solaryellow: who in OT trusts the gov to do no wrong

There might be a few, but usually people who make his claim aim it at those who simply believe there's a role for the government that doesn't agree with their perceived role for the government.

Avatar image for Solaryellow
#14 Posted by Solaryellow (3725 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

@Solaryellow: who in OT trusts the gov to do no wrong

Follow the political discussions more closely. You will see people acting as if the government does nothing wrong and is leading us on a path of prosperity and glory. I've been involved in conversation where people advocate for more government involvement, more spending, more intrusion, etc..,

Find some topics regarding Obamacare and you'll witness how you have people honestly believing the government knows what's best for you. The majority of what is touched and run by the government is a mess.

Avatar image for dave123321
#15 Posted by dave123321 (35329 posts) -

@Solaryellow: in that case I will have to go with Matt and say you are misrepresenting or misunderstanding views that you don't agree with. The underlying issue is more nuanced and I am well aware of the kinds of views that people hold when it comes to the aca.

Avatar image for Solaryellow
#16 Edited by Solaryellow (3725 posts) -

@dave123321

The A.C.A. is just one facet though. Keeping opinion out the fray there are many examples of the government being a colossal screw up yet people (as exhibited in OT) continue with the blind support. You don't need to be a member of a certain party, or any for that matter, to acknowledge what is happening but you do have to be a sheep, a horses arse or whatever to continue supporting an entity that regularly screws up without any repercussion and penalty.

Allow me to give an example of the blind trust people seem to have. Notice how many incumbents we have in our government? The people continue electing them although our problems never get solved. Rather, they just compound. In a few months we will have a replay of the last debt ceiling nonsense.

Avatar image for SirWander
#17 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

at least he's trying (or tried) to fix it

source

Avatar image for Crunchy_Nuts
#18 Edited by Crunchy_Nuts (2749 posts) -

Typical cronyism, giving out what should have been something the government should have had a heavy involvement in to the lowest bidder/ or their political pals.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#19 Posted by lamprey263 (34380 posts) -

thing is, money was set aside for states to create their own state exchange websites, Republican politicians refused to set up state exchanges, that meant federal website had to pick up the slack on that with no additional funding, so Republicans purposefully try to make a problem, try to prevent fixing the problem, then go 'oh look this thing is doomed we should get rid of it'

Avatar image for Solaryellow
#20 Posted by Solaryellow (3725 posts) -

And there it is. Blame the Republicans. Don't blame those who pushed this law onto the people (w/o approval) and passed it into law with back room deals. Don't blame it on those who thought they knew best. Don't blame it on those who had sufficient time to get things working.

So damned predictable.

Avatar image for WhiteKnight77
#21 Edited by WhiteKnight77 (12605 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

@WhiteKnight77:

Understand that there are pros and cons to every choice. Your pony may not be people's best option to them based on a good faith evaluation of the issues. The best we can hope for is a more informed public. Which sadly sadly sadly is very lacking as we have seen.

Which brings up the issue of do elections and voting results really represent what is best for the people.

PlanetPluto brought up a point the other day that the will of the people voted certain parties into power again so there was a call for change. A vote to bring back or keep those already there. But gerrymandering was brought up as a potential influencer. Maybe that played a role. Or maybe results are more ignorance then not as you have contended in some cases.

I once mentioned that the US needs to vote incumbents out of office for several election cycles to get new blood into Congress. That idea was met with the statement that it was a bad idea due to the loss of institutional memory (I wish I could remember who stated that, but alas, it slips my memory). See, that is the problem with Congress, that institutional memory. As it stands right now, our Senators and Representatives have no fear of losing their jobs due to incumbency and once reelected, carry on the way they had in the past without needing to show that they are really doing the people's work.

Do some do the people's work? Sure, they try, but due to politics, and partisanship, especially nowadays, it happens less than it used to even 20 years ago. Sadly, there are those who want to keep those in power that will give them everything instead of saying, OK, we need something different to stop the stupidity that keeps happening inside the Beltway.

Avatar image for jimkabrhel
#22 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

He should be impeached. No President is allowed to mislead the public at all.

Avatar image for The-Apostle
#23 Edited by The-Apostle (12195 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

Hopefully people will make an informed decision when it comes to election time

You know they won't... That's why we still have Obama. >_>

Avatar image for deeliman
#24 Posted by deeliman (3728 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

@dave123321 said:

Hopefully people will make an informed decision when it comes to election time

You know they won't... That's why we still have Obama. >_>

Like Romney would've been any better...