Which Star Wars Return of the Jedi ending do you prefer Yub Nub vs Victory Celebration?

Edited 12 days, 6 hours ago

Poll: Which Star Wars Return of the Jedi ending do you prefer Yub Nub vs Victory Celebration? (9 votes)

Yub Nub (Original) 67%
Victory Celebration (Special Edition) 33%

I like yub nub so I think they should have kept it in for the ewok ending and just had victory play during the credits or something

#1 Edited by Willy105 (24836 posts) -

Victory Celebration is a lot better. Not only is it written by John Williams (instead of his son), but it's a better piece of music and fits a lot better in the story. Yub Nub, while cute, doesn't have the right tone.

#2 Posted by MirkoS77 (14245 posts) -

Don’t touch my Yub nub, bitches!

#3 Posted by Vaidream45 (1968 posts) -

@MirkoS77: lol agreed

#4 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1616 posts) -

Doesn't matter which sounds better. Shouldn't have been changed. Naboo has no relevance to the original trilogy.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (33717 posts) -

The new one, it's the fall of the Empire who rules everything.

Don't mind much the change with Anakin, as that's when he became Darth Vader.

Only thing I detest, which basically ruins the movie, is the "no" added when Vader is quite clearly communicating to the audience he's internally making a decision. It's so goddamn stupid.

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36347 posts) -

I actually like Victory Celebration better. By that point, the lore for the movies has since expanded and it leaves one to wonder what happened at Coruscant, Naboo, Cloud City, Tatooine, etc. That, and as weird as it is, I've warmed up the to Hayden Christensen cameo because then it has more in common with the novelization of the films, same with the meeting between Han and Jabba in Episode IV.

@ezekiel43 said:

Doesn't matter which sounds better. Shouldn't have been changed. Naboo has no relevance to the original trilogy.

Except for the fact that half of Luke and Leia's parentage was from there.

#7 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1616 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

I actually like Victory Celebration better. By that point, the lore for the movies has since expanded and it leaves one to wonder what happened at Coruscant, Naboo, Cloud City, Tatooine, etc. That, and as weird as it is, I've warmed up the to Hayden Christensen cameo because then it has more in common with the novelization of the films, same with the meeting between Han and Jabba in Episode IV.

@ezekiel43 said:

Except for the fact that half of Luke and Leia's parentage was from there.

Again, no relevance to the original trilogy. It already worked as a completely self-contained story. Now we have this totally random planet that will be foreign to anyone who watches the movies in the right order, IV to VI and then I to III.

Also, people, Hayden Christensen's cameo sucks because he looks nothing like Sebastian Shaw, the face Luke finds behind Vader's mask. Sebastian Shaw's Anakin doesn't look burned enough to appear that different.

I'm so thankful there's Star Wars 4K77, Star Wars 4K83 and soon Star Wars 4K80. I never have to put up with this weird revisionism again.

#8 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15761 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:

I'm so thankful there's Star Wars 4K77, Star Wars 4K83 and soon Star Wars 4K80. I never have to put up with this weird revisionism again.

Is this an official release or a fan project?

#9 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1616 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Is this an official release or a fan project?

Fan restorations using well preserved 35 mm prints.