which sport is harder Soccer(futbol) or Football

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Peaches1347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Peaches1347
Member since 2007 • 777 Posts

People at my school think soccer is a gay sport just cause in soccer we don't run at each other with helmets and ram each other.

I think soccer is more physically demanding (you don't see to many hefty people playing soccer) we don't short breaks to figure out what were gonna do next and we have to use our feet which takes more skill then hands...

but i want to know what you people think

ThrillTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ThrillTorn
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts
Soccer hands down. you can play an entire Pro game and not score a goal.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Soccer is rated one( if not the most) of the most demanding sports. You run an average of eight miles a game, and burn a **** load of calories more than other sports
Mr_Korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mr_Korean
Member since 2008 • 1622 Posts
Both sports have their own sets of challenges to overcome, given that to most people our hands are much more developed then our legs/feet. I'd have to go with futbol, not saying that american football isn't hard or fun.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I think neither is hard per se. EXCEPT the two most key positions... Goalie and Quarterback (maybe field goal kicker) are the hardest aspects of the sports.

Both are physically demanding (I played for the city league for 14 years), just in different ways.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I think neither is hard per se. EXCEPT the two most key positions... Goalie and Quarterback (maybe field goal kicker) are the hardest aspects of the sports.

Both are physically demanding (I played for the city league for 14 years), just in different ways.

EDIT: TC should have had a "Both are equal" option.

Mr_Korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mr_Korean

sorry for double posting but I play soccer a lot.

That is all

BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#8 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
Well Soccer has always been a bit more tricky since you have to run and keep the ball moving as well as shoot it. So I'll say Soccer is harder to master.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
They're both difficult in different ways. I think soccer players require greater physique, while football players need to be much tougher.
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
Soccer/Football is ranked #1 in the world and i love it. BEST SPORT!!. but you are in a predominately USA site so people will chose football. Soccer aint gay
Avatar image for brightshadow525
brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 brightshadow525
Member since 2006 • 1149 Posts
I don't personally like soccer. It just doesn't appeal to me. Football is a lot more fun to watch, but only on TV. You can easily get a game of soccer going with your friends but it's difficult to play football with your friends unless you plan ahead and get enough people.
villa4europe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 villa4europe
Member since 2004 • 7081 Posts

I don't personally like soccer. It just doesn't appeal to me. Football is a lot more fun to watch, but only on TV. You can easily get a game of soccer going with your friends but it's difficult to play football with your friends unless you plan ahead and get enough people. brightshadow525

in the uk you could literally have a game of soccer anywhere

plus im not certain but im pretty sure americans dont have a social status according to soccer, if you didnt know a thing about saturdays games half of mondays conversations would go over your head at my place

Avatar image for RainandSunshine
RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RainandSunshine
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts

Well, here's the facts.

People who play football have developed a higher tolerance to pain. True.

Football players hit harder than rugby players. True.

Now that's based on scientific research. From my own personal expirence of playing many sports, and preferably football because I find it the most enjoyable. I'd have to say quit biasedly that football is a more physicaly demanding sport, and superior in all regards except perhaps that soccer is more aerobic and football is much more in the line of anaerobic activity.

Avatar image for RainandSunshine
RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RainandSunshine
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts

Well, here's the facts.

Now that's based on scientific research.

From my own personal experience of playing many sports, and preferably football because I find it the most enjoyable. I'd have to say quit biased that football is a more physically demanding sport, and superior in all regards except perhaps that soccer is more aerobic and football is much more in the line of anaerobic activity.

skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts

EDIT: TC should have had a "Both are equal" option.

cametall

Goalie is hard? WTF? Our goalie is a fat bastard.

hockeyjunkie28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hockeyjunkie28
Member since 2004 • 4715 Posts
Ummm.....running 8 miles is great and all but you don't have to worry about colliding with 300 lb men for 60 mins in soccer
Mr_Korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mr_Korean

Well, here's the facts.

Now that's based on scientific research.

From my own personal experience of playing many sports, and preferably football because I find it the most enjoyable. I'd have to say quit biased that football is a more physically demanding sport, and superior in all regards except perhaps that soccer is more aerobic and football is much more in the line of anaerobic activity.

RainandSunshine

that may be true, but we're not talking about rugby, and soccer requires a lot more finess and control over what your body is doing, american football does have it's fair share of finess "moments?" and the main reason you are saying football is a much more demanding sport is because of tackling and being able to tolerate pain. Plus soccer has the demanding aspect of constant creativity and improvistaion.

GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#19 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
Golf!
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pspdseagle
If you go to Mexico you can also play soccer anywhere literraly! just like in the U.K. I think the U.S/CANADA are the only countries that that doesn't apply or am i wrong? Go football
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pspdseagle
If you go to Mexico you can also play soccer anywhere literraly! just like in the U.K. I think the U.S/CANADA are the only countries that that doesn't apply or am i wrong? Go football . Being in Canada it sucks that it doesnt apply
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
They are both physically and mentally demanding of participants, especially at the pro level. As for which is more, I really don't see how you could measure that...
Nshadow23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Nshadow23
Member since 2008 • 416 Posts
Soccer is tough. You got to have good foot skills.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Soccer x10000000

Both are fun sports to play, but soccer beats football without a contest. It just requires more skill and more physical stamina
Xx_CYC756_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xx_CYC756_xX
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
Really depends on what position you are playing, but generally soccer players are conistantly moving. However football players can use up just as much energy, its just in shorter bursts. In the end, soccer tends to require more skill.
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts

both.

Soccer lots of running, no time to rest really,

football - get nailed by huge guys

it's about even, i play Soccer btw.

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
futbol. minimal padding. cleaved shoes that hurt. constant running.
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

If I were forced to play a full game of either soccer or football I would prolly have to go with the football.

The hitting may not look that bad on TV and you may say there are pads to make it easier. You might even say American football is for sissy's.

But whoever did say that has never been hit by 300lbs of pissed off football player who wants nothing more than to hit you so hard you don't get back up.

A lot of pro football players end up with pugilism (I think it is called) from being hit so much. the average career lasts ten years and the player retires a broken man in his mid 30's.

marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

If I were forced to play a full game of either soccer or football I would prolly have to go with soccer.

The hitting may not look that bad on TV and you may say there are pads to make it easier. You might even say American football is for sissy's.

But whoever did say that has never been hit by 300lbs of pissed off football player who wants nothing more than to hit you so hard you don't get back up.

A lot of pro football players end up with pugilism (I think it is called) from being hit so much. the average career lasts ten years and the player retires a broken man in his mid 30's.

kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts
I enjoy both sports, but my performance in american football is noticeably better.
DFan17902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DFan17902
Member since 2006 • 5427 Posts
American Football makes no sense at all to me.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
American Football makes no sense at all to me.DFan17902
the goal is to get the ball to the other side of the field.... :|
Avatar image for ChicaQueenWarGa
ChicaQueenWarGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 ChicaQueenWarGa
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts
Soccer players run the whole match (up to 7 miles in one half). Football players get tons of breaks...
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
i say football. soccer does require more endurance but IMO football requires more skill, toughness and strength. people can say football doesnt require much skill but it really has alot challenges to overcome depending on the position you play. for example there is the cornback(the position i play;)) its really difficult to be able to read the offences plays while covering the wide reciever.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
i grew up playing soccer but now i play football because i think its the better sport. soccer does require more endurance/stamina but IMO football requires more skill, toughness and strength. people can say football doesnt require much skill but it really has alot challenges to overcome depending on the position you play. for example there is the cornback(the position i play;)) its really difficult to be able to read the offences plays while covering the wide reciever.
Robertoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Robertoey
Member since 2005 • 1996 Posts
I'd say that soccer is technically more demanding, but also more physically demanding. All that running, back and forth, back and forth. Not to say that American Footbal is a walk in the park either terms of fitness level, and also in terms of how often you're going to get beat down. I've been tackled in non-padded, full-contant, pick up games and it does not feel good. Now on a professional level, you do have pads, but when the teams are trying to hire massive dudes and then telling them to eat as much fried food as they possibly can so that they get even bigger.. you know that's going too hurt.
D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

I've not played football so don't take my misinformed views as dumping on others' views...

Football has always struck me as even less skilled than our national game (rugby). The one skill that appears - well 2 to be fair, throwing and evasive ability, are camoflaged by the spectacle of constntly running into other dudes.

However, soccer, I cannot count the amount of times I have marveled over the perfect strike, the knowledge that a goal could happen at any time, an amazing run, and myriad other aspects that make it awesome.

bbkd3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bbkd3b
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts
For me, it's soccer. I've tried both and never excelled at either. The day after playing soccer, though, I didn't want to move at all. Football it was more I meh.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

At what level are we talking about? Or are we talking about overall.

I played college football can't speak for soccer...but football is alot more involved than people think.

Average playbooks in the NCAA are around 80-120 pages long with 3-4 variations per play that are dictated by the situation around the player the play focuses on.

I played tight end...so coming out of my stance I have 2 seconds to read 2 linebackers, 2 safeties, and a corner before I have to make my move.

Did the linebacker drop back into deep coverage? If so I run a 5 yard hitch route coming back to my quarterback at no more/less than a 90 degree angle, catch and run for 3-4 before being pummeled.

Does the LB key on me and stay home? Then its up to me to remove him from the play with a go route, streak up-field and look back twice to keep him on my inside hip.

Did he go to the flats? Time for a drag, run across the field and pop out the other side hopefully for a gain of 5-10.

What about the safeties? Do they come up showing blitz? Time for an over route and hang out over the center as a dummy to keep the safety from over-committing and giving my quarterback a second longer to pass.

What if one safety comes, the other falls back into the deep third to monitor our outside reciever and the cornerback closest to me threatens blitz. Well then I have to make a call to shift the offensive line man-down, delay my route by two seconds to offset the corner and have the safety commit to the blitz, pop up over the safety for a 5-10 yard screen pass.

That is just the Tight End position, nevermind positions like quarterback where you have to see 50 horizontal yards at once.

Oh, and people die preparing for the sport...and I had one person in my league become paralyzed from the neck down while playing.

Football is harder.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheSystemLord1

At what level are we talking about? Or are we talking about overall.

I played college football, can't speak for soccer...but football is alot more involved than people think.

Average playbooks in the NCAA are around 80-120 pages long with 3-4 variations per play that are dictated by the situation around the player the play focuses on.

I played tight end...so coming out of my stance I have 2 seconds to read 2 linebackers, 2 safeties, and a corner before I have to make my move.

Did the linebacker drop back into deep coverage? If so I run a 5 yard hitch route coming back to my quarterback at no more/less than a 90 degree angle, catch and run for 3-4 before being pummeled.

Does the LB key on me and stay home? Then its up to me to remove him from the play with a go route, streak up-field and look back twice to keep him on my inside hip.

Did he go to the flats? Time for a drag, run across the field and pop out the other side hopefully for a gain of 5-10.

What about the safeties? Do they come up showing blitz? Time for an over route and hang out over the center as a dummy to keep the safety from over-committing and giving my quarterback a second longer to pass.

What if one safety comes, the other falls back into the deep third to monitor our outside reciever and the cornerback closest to me threatens blitz. Well then I have to make a call to shift the offensive line man-down, delay my route by two seconds to offset the corner and have the safety commit to the blitz, pop up over the safety for a 5-10 yard screen pass.

That is just the Tight End position, nevermind positions like quarterback where you have to see 50 horizontal yards at once.

Oh, and people die preparing for the sport...and I had one person in my league become paralyzed from the neck down while playing.

Football is harder.

Hulkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Hulkness
Member since 2008 • 1271 Posts
Football its more physically demanding in a diffrent way the soccer. Football is very physical and if tho other guy really wants to hurt you can get pinched,bit,nut punched, and other harmfull things.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheSystemLord1

I'd say that soccer is technically more demanding, but also more physically demanding. All that running, back and forth, back and forth. Not to say that American Footbal is a walk in the park either terms of fitness level, and also in terms of how often you're going to get beat down. I've been tackled in non-padded, full-contant, pick up games and it does not feel good. Now on a professional level, you do have pads, but when the teams are trying to hire massive dudes and then telling them to eat as much fried food as they possibly can so that they get even bigger.. you know that's going too hurt.Robertoey

Actually football players aren't fat anymore. Our linemen weren't allowed to get above 23% bodyfat. That is your average sized human being in terms of fat content. They are hard as rocks but their bodies are truly that genetic type.

Plus, they are stronger than the rest of us...the average squat for a lineman on my team was around 450-500. And we were considered weak.