Which of these Social Media platforms do you use the most?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll Which of these Social Media platforms do you use the most? (38 votes)

Facebook 13%
Instagram 18%
LinkedIn 0%
Pinterest 0%
Snapchat 0%
Twitter 8%
WhatsApp 5%
YouTube 55%

Social Media Use in 2018: Pew Research Center.

A majority of Americans use Facebook and YouTube, but young adults are especially heavy users of Snapchat and Instagram.

No Caption Provided

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use Twitter (or to be precise, Twitterdeck) all the time, it is my most used social media platform yet basically no one that I know of use it. I guess Twitter jives with my personality: I can (and basically) lurk by following others account without having to ever interact with them. I don't have to ever post anything about me while receiving information/breaking news and the like while remaining anonymous.

YouTube I don't think of as a social media platform per se. You can visit and interact if you so choose, I don't aside from liking a comment here or there and maybe writing the occasional comment of my own. But who the heck doesn't uses YouTube? If there is a video of anything of importance to be found it (basically) has to be on YouTube.

I have a Facebook account but has been deactivated now for basically at least 2 years if not more.

WhatsApp is interesting, again, because I don't think of it as a social media platform but more as an essential everyday tool. I don't know about you, but I don't text anymore, it is all Whatsapp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So OT, which of these social media platforms do you use the most?

*Yes, I'm aware that these forums are technically social media.

• 
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

None other then a couple of message boards like gamespot or ign. I tried facebook for a month then deleted my account. I got flooded with friend requests from people I hadn't talked to in 20 years and had no interest in talking to them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

Other then Gamespot, I also use Twitter just for getting my news updates and it comes handy.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

YouTube I definitely use the most but I also use Facebook and Twitter occasionally as well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58890 Posts

I use twitter, but it's basically to dump pictures from kindle.

Youtube for random watches and uploading SFV battles to watch over and over like a serial killers trophy with diminishing returns.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#5 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Twitter and Instagram are my main uses but I use them more for news and my hobby aggregation tools, not "social media." I also subscribe to a few channels on YouTube (Being the Elite!), and also watch a lot of Twitch. Facebook is nothing but MLM pyramid schemes and Snapchat was fun for about 6 months.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Youtube for its content, LinkedIn for the online resume and connections and Facebook for some minor socializing.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Out of those I only use YouTube.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Where is the answer none?

I tend to spend more time in "real life" with people, so don´t need social media.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

I watch youtube does that count? I really don't spend much time on social media. Twitter is the worst.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts

YouTube, Facebook, and Pinterest. I try to use Twitter for professional reasons because it feels like every tech worker is always on Twitter.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

I use YouTube. I can like and dislike videos.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#12  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19542 Posts

Personally, I use YouTube and Twitter the most.

But with people I know, WhatsApp. That's how I call and text most friends and family these days. As already said above, it's more of a useful tool than a social media platform.

I have a Facebook account, but barely use it. It lacks the privacy and anonymity you can get from YouTube and Twitter.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Facebook primarily. Not because I particularly like it but because it's actually useful. I travel for work and it's an easy way for my wife to share photos of the kids that week with me when I'm away. Also, I like social media for sort of keeping in touch with extended family/friends who I don't really talk to on the regular basis. Other than that, I just post the occasional amusing item I happen to find that day.

I use Youtube quite a bit, but arguably not exactly as a social media platform so much as a video streaming service. I have some content creation stuff, but mainly just to share a game vid or two with people I know IRL or to track the progress of Tesla Autopilot through road tests.

-Byshop

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34594 Posts

Between those in the poll, only YT. I'm not social there, I only use it to watch videos.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#15 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

YouTube is a social media site? Well, the more you know.

It's also the ONLY one of those I use, and I'm not very sociable on it either. Not even a single "like."

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Probably YT where I have several different accounts, including some for trolling. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#17 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I only really use Facebook. For the past almost 2 years now I've had one, and it let's me stay in contact with friends and coworkers. I think I'll stick with it for the foreseeable future. Also a great option for connecting with female coworkers...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

31 votes in and YouTube is definitely the most used of the "Social Media" platforms which is consistent with Pew Research poll.

Makes sense, YouTube is simply the go to video site in a video watching society. And unlike Facebook, you don't have to interact with others to be a part of the "community".

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10431 Posts

twitter and linkedin for professional reasons. forums for the rest.

always using watsapp / youtube but don't see them (or my use of them) as the same as the others

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Unless you consider forums social media, I don't use it. I do watch Youtube, but I don't interact (have never even subscribed to a channel). I do have Steam, but I use it to launch games.

I'm from the old school, where you keep your personal information offline.

flexomob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 flexomob
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

The thing is I have accounts on all huge social media platforms. However, my favorite platform is Instagram. I like to expose the best part of my life publicly and Instagram is the only platform where I can do it. Many would say that YouTube is also a great website to share the most epic moments of my life. Indeed, but on YouTube, you can post only videos and you can’t be daily active. In addition, is much tougher to become popular on YouTube than on Instagram. Instagram wins from all perspectives. I love to buy Instagram video views or followers that eventually will bring me many replies on my stories and comments.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#23 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

@flexomob:

Mate, don't necro.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@flexomob said:

The thing is I have accounts on all huge social media platforms. However, my favorite platform is Instagram. I like to expose the best part of my life publicly and Instagram is the only platform where I can do it. Many would say that YouTube is also a great website to share the most epic moments of my life. Indeed, but on YouTube, you can post only videos and you can’t be daily active. In addition, is much tougher to become popular on YouTube than on Instagram. Instagram wins from all perspectives. I love to buy Instagram video views or followers that eventually will bring me many replies on my stories and comments.

Please do not bump old threads and this is a 1 year old thread. If you want to discuss this, feel free to make a new thread but right now, I'm locking this.