Which of these Marvel movies is your favorite?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Poll Which of these Marvel movies is your favorite? (40 votes)

X2: X-Men United (2003, Stryker, Magneto) 5%
Spider-Man 2 (2004, Doc Ock, Tobey Maguire) 28%
Iron Man (2008, first movie) 8%
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012, Emma Stone, The Lizard) 5%
Marvel's The Avengers (2012, Loki) 25%
Iron-Man 3 (2013, Mandarin) 0%
Thor: The Dark World (2013, Malekith) 0%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014, Hydra, Robert Redford) 25%
Other (specify, if you would) 5%

I'm sure someone will complain that there favorite isn't here, but i think I got most of the cream of the crop.

Which one is your favorite and why?

While its still fresh in my mind perhaps giving it a bias, I'd still have to say Winter Soldier was my favorite. It felt like a solid James Bond movie in the Marvel universe, and its nice to see The Falcon in action as well. As a kid, the comics were always Captain America and Falcon as I remember them.

Unlike some people i grew to really like The Amazing Spider-Man, and I feel its much more watchable again and again then the first 3 spider-man movies (Also, Kirsten Dunst as MJ was a serious miscast).

• 
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
  • X-Men: 7/10
  • X2: 8/10
  • X3: 7/10
  • X-Men: First Class:7/10
  • Spider-Man: 8/10
  • Spider-Man 2: 8/10
  • Spider-Man 3: 1/10
  • The Amazing Spider-Man: 6/10
  • Iron Man: 7/10
  • Iron Man 2: 1/10
  • Marvel's The Avengers: 5/10
  • The Incredible Hulk: 6/10

I think I would choose Spider-Man 2, it has action/adventure, romance and a good score.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

Spider Man 2.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Spider-Man 2 off to a lead, come on guys get some votes in!

Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Judas_
Member since 2013 • 319 Posts

Spider-Man 2 no contest............................

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Xmen 2 and Spiderman 2.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

The Avengers easily followed by Captain America 2.

Xmen movies sucked and will continue to suck as long as Fox hold the rights.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

The Punisher. I also liked Blade and Blade II.

I will probably get slammed for the choices being as they weren't very well received.

The worst are elektra, daredevil and ghost rider.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I can't vote for a single one so I'll leave a quick leave but I did have to vote for one on your list it would Iron Man 1

Iron Man 1

X-Men 2

Spider man 1 & 2 (Toby McGuire)

Incredible Hulk

The Avengers

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Behardy24

@Master_Live: I so agree with on Iron Man 2, my gosh, that is the worst Marvel to date (Still haven't seen three, but hear that wasn't great either). I can't even baffle on how people thought that movie was okay, let alone watchable. It is one of the few movies that I didn't enjoy in theaters. That is saying something since even if a movie is right horrible you still get some enjoyment out of it. But not Iron Man 2.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AFBrat77

Spider-Man 2 still leading but the race is tightening.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AFBrat77

@bowchicka07 said:

I will probably get slammed for the choices being as they weren't very well received.

No, I'm glad you gave your opinion, The Punisher movie (that starred the guy who was in Season 7 of Dexter) was actually really good in my opinion, I was tempted to add it to the Poll. Haven't seen Blade movies all the way through.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@bowchicka07 said:

No, I'm glad you gave your opinion, The Punisher movie (that starred the guy who was in Season 7 of Dexter) was actually really good in my opinion, I was tempted to add it to the Poll. Haven't seen Blade movies all the way through.

Ray Stevenson, great actor btw did so good in Dexter, is who you are referring to. I was more fond of the first Punisher movie with Thomas Jane and John Travolta.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Probably avengers, but I haven't seen Winter Soldier

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

That's tough. X2 and Spiderman 2 were the movies that really got me into the marvel world, and were two of my favorite movies growing up. Likewise, the Winter Soldier and Iron Man are fantastic movies. That being said, I've got to give it to the Avengers just because of the sheer impossibility of this movie ever getting made. Combining 4 franchises into one mega block buster with Joss Wheadon as director? I never would have believed it could happen. Plus, it was a great movie.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

X1 was the first Marvel movie I saw as a child. Watching the old animated series throughout the 90s my mind was blown away after seeing wolverine and magneto on the big screen so it still holds a special place with me.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

The first Thor, and the latest Captain America have been my favorite movies. My favorite character remains to be Tony Stark for reasons being such smartass.

The latest Cap reminded me how nice it is to have a hero is human and thus far more vulnerable than the rest of the characters. Given Tony's foresight to actually protect himself from gunfire one could argue that Steve should simply be smarter about his action hero ways, but all in all it's nice to have the tension due to vulnerability back in a superhero movie.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AFBrat77

@behardy24 said:

@Master_Live: I so agree with on Iron Man 2, my gosh, that is the worst Marvel to date (Still haven't seen three, but hear that wasn't great either). I can't even baffle on how people thought that movie was okay, let alone watchable. It is one of the few movies that I didn't enjoy in theaters. That is saying something since even if a movie is right horrible you still get some enjoyment out of it. But not Iron Man 2.

I thought Iron Man 2 was truly awful as well. It completely turned my nephew off of Iron Man and me as well (I didn't see IM3 until it was on cable). I think Iron Man 3 was a nice comeback though it had its share of faults as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The Punisher, Captain America: Winter Soldier, and Iron Man are my top three favorite Marvel movies.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Behardy24

@AFBrat77: I am glad I am not alone.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#21  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Spiderman 2. It had all the flash typical of superhero movies, but also some nice material to think about. Still a great movie. My favorite recent one would have to be Winter Soldier because of all the close quarters action and chase scenes. Plus the final battle is pretty epic, and at times it didn't really feel like a superhero movie, but an action thriller with superheroes in it. It actually broke away from the standard formula a bit, which is nice.

But I don't care much for superhero movies as a whole. I mean, they're good for seeing splosions and hot chicks, but the fact that so many people take them so seriously is ridiculous to me. I find The Avengers to be especially overrated. The biggest threat in the movie was the audacity of some of the characters, not the villain. I get that was the point, but it was lame to me. At least the movie looked pretty and had Scar Jo in it.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:
I find The Avengers to be especially overrated.

I'm gonna agree with you. To me, it was a pop corn movie like Transformers, yet critical reception is very different between these two movies.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@one_plum: Might have to do with Joss Whedon. People love to jerk off anything he does. I am not terribly familiar with his work (never watched Firefly or Buffy) but I wasn't impressed with the Avengers. It was spectacle and that's about it. Hell, it wasn't even fantastic spectacle. Most of the action was just the generic stuff. Granted, it was still entertaining, but I can't believe how popular the movie is.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Did anyone else think the boat scene in Captain America 2 was like the Tanker Mission in MGS2 except switching up Solid Snake for Cap?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Captain America: The First Avenger

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I've given Captain America: Winter Soldier the highest rating of any Marvel film so I'd have to say that is my favorite.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm quite partial to Iron Man. One of the most complete and refined comic-to-movie experience ever made. Helps that Robert Downey Jr. is Anthony Stark.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

wolverine in Japan

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Before Marvel's Phase Two began, The Avengers was my favorite. Now that Phase 2 in ongoing and I have seen all the released Avengers films, I choose Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It was an awesome experience to watch in IMAX 3D even though Thor: The Dark World in that theater format had more surprises for me with my glasses on back then. I did not see Iron Man 3 in IMAX or 3D, but it was a comparably enjoyable experience to the other Phase 2 films. Captain America 2 is that much better. It sets the standard for any future Avengers films and the best part is that since Captain America is technically one of the weaker members of the Avengers film roster(leader or not), it made rewatching Avengers with Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk along with the rest of the super-powered beings much more awesome to me. He is an underdog and his two standalone films play that to his benefit as a character because of his eventual success whether it be beating the Red Skull or helping Buck Barnes break free from Hydra's mind control.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

howard the duck :P

i certainly haven't seen all the marvel adaptations, but i probably like spiderman 2 the most from what i've seen. i think it's good source material to begin with. like people always talk about how batman is just a regular guy because he has no "super" powers, but really he's a brooding billionaire with restraint that should be a super power. peter parker is truly a regular guy and the raimi movies get at that. i'd pick the 2nd one as the best in the trilogy because parker is most relatable trying to lead the balanced life we all try for (his just involves shooting webs).

doc oc is probably the best villain of the bunch too. it feels like so many superhero movies all inevitably end with the good guy in a once-and-for-all battle with the bad guy (who is usually a mirror image of the superhero's powers). not only is doc oc's lumbering strength a good foil to spiderman's agility, but spiderman 2 doesn't really have that final showdown. doc oc starts as a human being and ends as one by redeeming himself rather than by getting beat up by spiderman. the whole arc is what makes that classic monster movie reference in the middle more than just a neat moment.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

@bowchicka07 said:

Ray Stevenson, great actor btw did so good in Dexter, is who you are referring to. I was more fond of the first Punisher movie with Thomas Jane and John Travolta.

Same here. Jane was the only redeeming quality from the 2004 Punisher film, and whoever wrote the script to War Zone needs to find a new line of work. They took characters from multiple storylines from Gart Ennis' pre-MAX and MAX storylines and blended them together in a piss-poor concoction, as well as turned Frank Castle into a character with no personality whatsoever.

Thank God Marvel got the film rights back. Maybe somewhere down the line they can do a proper film right. Better yet, maybe a cable series for FX or even Netflix.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Behardy24

@uninspiredcup said:

Xmen 2 and Spiderman 2.

I agree.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Behardy24

@hippiesanta said:

wolverine in Japan

I didn't like that movie at all. It was more of love story than anything. Love stories are fine, but the actual action within the movie is bare minimum. There is like two action scenes in the movie and they weren't good at all.

Plus, no Wolverine killing ninjas scene in the final cut of the movie itself, which was a big disappointment for me because that's what I wanted to see.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup

I tend to have the opposite view. Really liked the story of "the wolverine" and thought the first 2/3 where great, The ending when it becomes a big magical CGI castle with a giant robot and a lizard lady dressed like a power ranger villain was when it became shit.

As far as concept and story goes, I think it's one of the best in the genre. Just the final act, fucking hate it. It's like the writers and director became replaced with Micheal Bay.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AFBrat77

@bowchicka07 said:

@AFBrat77 said:

@bowchicka07 said:

Holy crap, I just found out Ray Stevenson played Titus Pullo in HBO's "Rome" series, he was my favorite character. Wow, didn't even recognize that.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#36 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

Spiderman 2 was my favourite

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AFBrat77

Still a tight race, no clear-cut winner and I'm sure a share of people haven't voted yet.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

I really don't think I have a definitive single favorite. But I voted The WInter Soldier. Not only was it a great action movie. They managed to get in alot of characters from Captain America's comic.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

Did anyone else think the boat scene in Captain America 2 was like the Tanker Mission in MGS2 except switching up Solid Snake for Cap?

Metal Gear Solid 2 did not come to mind while I was watching that scene.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By uninspiredcup

Iron Man 3 was pretty good, enjoyed it more than 1/2. Have to say though, the most pointless character ever.

Mickey Rourkes parrot was more relevant.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AFBrat77

@magicalclick said:

Spidy in general, especially the old cartoon which he talks to himself a lot.

Loved that cartoon, if you mean the original which came out in the 1960's. My first exposure to spider-man, even before reading the comics.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@one_plum said:

Spider Man 2.

This one

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AFBrat77

@SaintLeonidas said:

Captain America: The First Avenger

still haven't seen that one

NVIDIAking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NVIDIAking
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

I'd have to go with (top 5)

1. The Avengers
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man
  3. Thor 2
  4. X-Men First Class
  5. Cap 2
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

@BranKetra said:

@Serraph105 said:

Metal Gear Solid 2 did not come to mind while I was watching that scene.

Never thought of it, but its a cool compairson.

On-topic I would say Winter Soldier. I have not been this hyped for a super hero movie for a long time, and I am actually excited to see the third one. I really hope they play out the winter soldier story like they do in the comics, and based on the contracts of Evans and Sebastian I think they will:D

My follow ups would be Avengers and Iron Man.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AFBrat77

Well right now it looks like this:

1. Spider-Man 2 (Gold)

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Silver)

3. Marvels The Avengers (Bronze)

Anyone else want to chime in?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AFBrat77

How was the first Captain America movie? Is it worth seeing?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Iron Man 3 was pretty good, enjoyed it more than 1/2. Have to say though, the most pointless character ever.

How the hell is she pointless? She invented Extremis...without her, there is no film.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By uninspiredcup

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:

How the hell is she pointless? She invented Extremis...without her, there is no film.

And the invention of this is a big plot point? No. It's piratically non-existent. Aldrich being rejected is the plot point. The movie could have quite happily not bothered to have her in it at all without even bothering who invented it and work just fine. She is a detriment to the movie as a whole.

Her death? Who gives a shit. That's right, nobody.