Which Marvel Phase 4 Thing are you excited for the most?

Posted by ProtossRushX (5612 posts) 28 days, 23 hours ago

Poll: Which Marvel Phase 4 Thing are you excited for the most? (20 votes)

Black Widow 5%
Falcon And Winter Soldier 0%
Eternals 10%
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 0%
Loki 5%
WandaVision 0%
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 50%
What If? 10%
Hawkeye 0%
Thor: Love and Thunder 5%
Blade 10%
No Caption Provided

I think Blade/Thor 4/Black Widow are my top 3 and Im gonna go with BLADE love the original trilogy so hope its good.

#1 Edited by watercrack445 (1719 posts) -

I'm looking forward towards Marvel phase 41. When is that going to happen? Any clues?

#2 Posted by BaelNergal (570 posts) -

The segway into Phase 5.

#3 Edited by AFBrat77 (26735 posts) -

If they get the Fantastic Four out .....AND DO IT RIGHT thats what I most want to see. Also, the Surfer, Galactus, Dr. Doom, Annhilus (and the negative zone), the entrance of Warlock and The Inhumans via Fantastic Four. Marvel, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby style! Fantastic Four was Marvels first comic in the Silver Age, and it wasn't called Worlds Greatest for nothing. They need to get them up and running. Reed Richards is a genius for finding solutions to galactic dilemmas, if they go The Eternals route we need The Fantastic Four to chip in.

But if they do it will likely be a later phase or chapter. So, being a big Dr. Strange fan, I'll go with him in those choices. Thor would be my 2nd choice but I'd prefer Thor to stay male no matter how hot Natalie Portman is.

#4 Edited by madrocketeer (6629 posts) -

Eh. None, really. I'll watch them, of course, but not all that hyped about the MCU.

Always been more of a DC person, and now that they seem to be finally finding their feet somewhat, I'm more interested in that.

#5 Posted by Horgen (120889 posts) -

Will Loki be a movie or series?

Anyhow I think Thor as number 1, Doctor Strange as a close second. As for Natalie Portman becoming Thor. Not so surprised that something more happens to Thor. I hope she works out to build some muscle for the role.

#6 Edited by KungfuKitten (26733 posts) -

@horgen said:

Anyhow I think Thor as number 1, Doctor Strange as a close second. As for Natalie Portman becoming Thor. Not so surprised that something more happens to Thor. I hope she works out to build some muscle for the role.

To me it's funny because Thor is a boy's name. It's like saying she is going to play Henry. But I'm sure they'll have it make sense. I enjoyed for instance the men playing as women in Life of Brian.

They were tactically destroying the Thor character in Endgame, so I guess this is their phase 2.

#7 Edited by johnd13 (9771 posts) -

I'm mostly interested in Blade if they can produce a mature movie, Shang Chi (nice change to have an asian hero for once) and Dr Strange. I know very little about the Eternals so they have my attention as well.

The rest don't seem that exciting to me. Black Widow is a prequel of a deceased character, never been a fan of Thor let alone his significant other and the tv shows feature characters I'm not really interested to see on their own.

Falcon is the new Captain America though he seems to be getting the secondary character treatment by being limited to a tv series. It's like Marvel don't have any faith in him.

#8 Posted by BaelNergal (570 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Falcon is the new Captain America though he seems to be getting the secondary character treatment by being limited to a tv series. It's like Marvel don't have any faith in him.

They don't. Replacing main characters with others in their comics typically doesn't work out with them. That's why you don't see many "passing on the mantle" in Marvel comics.

#9 Posted by Horgen (120889 posts) -

@KungfuKitten said:
@horgen said:

To me it's funny because Thor is a boy's name. It's like saying she is going to play Henry. But I'm sure they'll have it make sense. I enjoyed for instance the men playing as women in Life of Brian.

They were tactically destroying the Thor character in Endgame, so I guess this is their phase 2.

The name is a smaller detail. I assume Thor will still be worthy and have his powers even though he might pass on the hammer to someone else. Thor was still Thor even though Captain America wielded Mjolnir.

I hope she will develop as an important character with focus on building an actual character instead of being /getting overpowered and it all being hurr durr I am woman no man can hold me down.

#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (34310 posts) -

They've had a really hard time getting Fantastic Four to work, be interesting to see how they do it this time,

#11 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15780 posts) -
@horgen said:

The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Loki, WandaVision, Hawkeye, and What If...? are going to all be TV shows as part of the Disney+ streaming service.

#12 Posted by Horgen (120889 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:
@horgen said:

The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Loki, WandaVision, Hawkeye, and What If...? are going to all be TV shows as part of the Disney+ streaming service.

I really don't want another streaming service. I guess I am skipping those shows.

#13 Posted by Chutebox (44698 posts) -

i don't trust marvel with Blade.

Only ones I'm looking forward to based on character alone is Thor and Doctor Strange. I have a terrible feeling about Thor based on title alone though...

Phase 4 is garbage following in the garbage Endgame footsteps.

#14 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15780 posts) -

@horgen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@horgen said:

I really don't want another streaming service. I guess I am skipping those shows.

I'm kinda in the same boat, but the main difference with the Disney one is that it's gonna be cheap at seven bucks a month. I might just bite the bullet on it, being that i only have Netflix and Amazon anyway, but I'm still undecided.

#15 Posted by Horgen (120889 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

I'm kinda in the same boat, but the main difference with the Disney one is that it's gonna be cheap at seven bucks a month. I might just bite the bullet on it, being that i only have Netflix and Amazon anyway, but I'm still undecided.

Got HBO and Netflix myself.

Got a son at 6 years old though... So maybe Disney+ will be used. :P Disney Junior channel is his favourite as of now.

#16 Posted by Fuhrer_D (915 posts) -

Eternals followed by Blade.

#17 Posted by jaydan (2389 posts) -

Honestly, all of the movies have me enticed.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness interests me the most. From what's been described, the next Doctor Strange will be the first horror film in the MCU canon, and Scarlett Witch will have a major role in the film as well.

Thor: Love and Thunder takes my next most interested project, as I was a fan of Thor Ragnarok - I am intrigued with where Taika Waititi takes Thor next.

Black Widow I sense will be a very cool movie, possibly in the vein of Winter Soldier? I also have learned that Black Widow will introduce the villain that goes by the name of Taskmaster, and for any fan of the Marvel comics knows that Taskmaster is a pretty major villain. Hopefully his introduction will leave him recurring in the MCU just the same way they did it with Loki.

Honestly, the movie that interests me the least as of current is Eternals. Perhaps it's because I know less about this one, but compared to all the other movies, this one excites me the least.

#18 Posted by Macutchi (6853 posts) -

i'd like to see deadpool 3 please

#19 Posted by foxhound_fox (98011 posts) -

Since I'm such a huge fan of Thanos, I feel obligated to say Eternals, but them announcing Thor 4 complete with Natalie Portman and Taika Waititi, and how well Ragnarok turned out (and how much I laughed) I'm hard pressed not to be extremely excited for it.

#20 Posted by iwilson1296 (2493 posts) -

@Chutebox: agreed on the garbage part

#21 Posted by VFighter (5115 posts) -

All of them.

#22 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79358 posts) -

For me, What If...? I remember I used to read them all the time when I was younger and they presented some really cool scenarios. I hope they do a What If Hulk Killed the Wolverine and What If Silver Surfer Got the Infinity Gauntlet? Those were awesome comics.

#23 Posted by blamix (862 posts) -

Doctor Strange 2 for me. I'm a bit dissapointed that there is no Nova or Adam Warlock. But maybe Phase 5 cause Phase 4 is only 2 years

#24 Posted by sanghelle56 (197 posts) -

None, really. Wanted something with Elsa Bloodstone in the lead over Blade.

#25 Edited by shellcase86 (4478 posts) -

Not sure, but I do love me some Hiddleston as Loki.

#26 Posted by PETERAKO (2164 posts) -

Endgame was endgame. Time to move on.