Which is the best crisp/potato chip?

#1 Edited by Jackamomo (1239 posts) -

This is a weird one and may surprise some people, but I'm going to give best crisp to Cheese Moments.

One of the strangest recipes for a crisp ever, it includes a soft cheese center coated in a crisp shell which, when it bursts releases the synthetic cheese center into your mouth to dissolve in an explosion of bizzare flavour. No other crisp has the balls to include a soft center so for that reason, it's number one.

Runners up: Monster Munch, Chipsticks, Squares, Nik Naks.

For those who aren't aware, the UK is in a long time love affair with baked maize.

#2 Posted by robert_sparkes (1742 posts) -

McCoys flame grilled steak

#3 Posted by VFighter (4023 posts) -

@jackamomo: Those aren't chips.

#4 Posted by Sevenizz (2192 posts) -

Ketchup, Dill Pickle, or Poutine flavoured Lay’s chips in Canada. Also Sour Cream & Bacon Ruffles.

Sorry All Dressed, I still have no clue what you are.

#5 Posted by Jackamomo (1239 posts) -
@vfighter said:

@jackamomo: Those aren't chips.

Yes I know. Potato potarto.

@Sevenizz said:

Ketchup, Dill Pickle, or Poutine flavoured Lay’s chips in Canada. Also Sour Cream & Bacon Ruffles.

Sorry All Dressed, I still have no clue what you are.

For those who aren't aware, Lays are Walkers Crisps, a Leicester company (where I was born).

#6 Edited by uninspiredcup (29159 posts) -

Roysters is legal heroin.

#7 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42343 posts) -

"Kettle Brand" chips. Just about any flavor is good. They're amazing plain salted chips, but they have some great flavors too. I like Korean BBQ, and their Pepperoncini flavor is great (it's like salt and vinegar but spicy!)

Moscow Mule was also interesting because it was a sweet and salty potato chip with a hint of ginger and lime. Really good!

#8 Posted by Archangel3371 (26420 posts) -

Ruffles Sour Cream & Onion is probably my go to favourite. I also really like Doritos Zesty Cheese and Crunchy Cheetos Jalapeño Cheddar.

#10 Posted by with_teeth26 (9102 posts) -

I have yet to find another brand/flavor I like as much as these

#11 Posted by feed_the_cat (28 posts) -

i don't really like chips...

#12 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25229 posts) -

Doritos Cool Ranch

#13 Posted by DaVillain- (32945 posts) -

I like Doritos Nachos Cheese with Mountain Dew :P

#14 Posted by omegaMaster (1022 posts) -

Walkers Smoky Bacon

#15 Posted by Speeny (593 posts) -

Smiths Cheese and Onion. Or I just like the regular thinly sliced potato chip from them.

#16 Edited by omegaMaster (1022 posts) -

@jackamomo: Where can you get these? Never seen them in Morrisons, Tescos, Asda and Sainsburys.

#17 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78796 posts) -

There was a brand of chip called Colorado Kettle, and they made the best jalapeno flavored chip ever, but I haven't seen them in years. As for now, I love Pringles anything except for salt and vinegar. I swear, I can feel the acid in those chips eating the roof of my mouth.

#18 Posted by Jackamomo (1239 posts) -

@omegamaster: alas, unless you order them in yourself wholesale, the Cheese Flavoured Moment can only be bought in pubs.

#19 Posted by robert_sparkes (1742 posts) -

Frazzles

#20 Posted by brimmul777 (3877 posts) -

Old Dutch in Canada. Prefer salt and vinegar and dill pickle. Like Ruffles salt and vinegar, glad they brought that flavor back to Ruffles.

#21 Posted by omegaMaster (1022 posts) -

@jackamomo: ahh. Well I never go to pubs so I guess I have to rely on Costco or Bestway.

#22 Posted by shellcase86 (4109 posts) -

@crimsonbrute said:

Doritos Cool Ranch

Yes, I'd have to go w/ Doritos -- either Cool Ranch or Nacho. So dang good.

#23 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (24520 posts) -

#24 Posted by Ovirew (8394 posts) -

I grew up on Middleswarth potato chips, and still think they're one of the best potato chips out there. They are sold throughout parts of Pennsylvania, and even in lower New York state, but I'm not sure where else. If you ever find yourself out that way, you owe it to yourself to try 'em, there's not really another chip I've found with the same taste.

Recently, I tried out a pack of Deep River Snacks brand potato chips. It was also one of the best potato chips I've ever had. They're based out of Connecticut, but I think they're a little more common than a lot of brands.

#25 Posted by Heirren (687 posts) -

Cheetos aka hot chips

#26 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (2803 posts) -

I'm partial to Lays kettle chips or cheddar and sour cream chips. The veggie chips are pretty good too.

#27 Posted by newyorkcables (21 posts) -

my favorite cheese and onion walkers crisp

#28 Posted by lisajohny543 (6 posts) -

Ketchup, Dill Pickle are my favorites

#29 Posted by Litchie (22630 posts) -

Lol. We have none of the things posted except Lay's and Kettle where I live. I wouldn't be able to answer anyway. There is no brand / sort I always prefer. I almost never buy the same crisps twice in a row. Same with the dip if I'm having dip. Sourcream & onion is a classic flavor though, and will always be good.

#30 Posted by Crash6 (3348 posts) -

I've had many "crisps" throughout my life, but these are at the top of my list at the moment.