Which is more likely, McCain dying of health/age or Obama getting assassinated?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slick_Rican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slick_Rican
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts
So which one is more likely if elected to the presidency, McCain dying due to poor health/old age while in office or Obama getting assassinated by white supremacists?
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
2nd, McCain doesn't look THAT old
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
That's a tough one... but I'd have to say the Obama one because if McCain were to take a turn for the worse, he'd prolly step down before dying in office :P
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I guarantee both men will be alive 8 years from now. McCain is a millionaire who is in great health. He has beaten cancer and has access to the best health care in the history of the world. His mother is in her late 90s and is still going strong. Obama would not get assassiniated. The security surrounding the president is outstanding. You're nuts if you think no one tried to shoot Clinton or Bush.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
I would say that there is an equal chance of either event happening.
AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 AlphaRail
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts
I would think both will be alive for the next 4 years, president or not, McCain would get good care and Obama would have good security, and I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to try to assisnate a president over their colour
Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dark-Sithious
Member since 2008 • 3914 Posts
If Obama gets assassinated it's an inside job, not something that some crazy nut jobs would do. Do you honestly think you can just assassinate the president, unless you're on the inside?
NYiVtec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NYiVtec
Member since 2007 • 1422 Posts
idk. racism is still very much alive, but how extreme is the question. having every form of skin cancer can take a toll on you, and hes also a POW if you didnt know
NYiVtec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NYiVtec

If Obama gets assassinated it's an inside job, not something that some crazy nut jobs would do. Do you honestly think you can just assassinate the president, unless you're on the inside?Dark-Sithious

yes it is possible

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts

How ironic would that be if Obama gets assassinated and McCain dies on the same day :lol:

what would happen :?

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts

How ironic would that be if Obama gets assassinated and McCain dies on the same day :lol:

BladeOfHeaven

More Bush? :P

_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 _Ninja
Member since 2004 • 1193 Posts

I guarantee both men will be alive 8 years from now. McCain is a millionaire who is in great health. He has beaten cancer and has access to the best health care in the history of the world. His mother is in her late 90s and is still going strong. Obama would not get assassiniated. The security surrounding the president is outstanding. You're nuts if you think no one tried to shoot Clinton or Bush.famicommander

Obviously you don't know much about McCain.

Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dark-Sithious
I doubt McCain will win now, after his recent slipup. Not sure if you've heard the latest news but apparently McCain bragged about his leadership abilities in conjunction with the approval of the "Bailout". He even stated that he had united his fellow representatives to vote for the proposition. How do you think voters will react when McCain can't even get support from his own?
Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dark-Sithious
[QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"]

zeriva

Actually that is not something to laugh about, I'm not saying that particular event would unfold, but Bush could suddenly be given some sort of emergency powers due to some catastrophic event.

Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dark-Sithious

[QUOTE="Dark-Sithious"]If Obama gets assassinated it's an inside job, not something that some crazy nut jobs would do. Do you honestly think you can just assassinate the president, unless you're on the inside?NYiVtec

yes it is possible

Possible yes, but highly unlikely unless you're a professional Assassin.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

The 2nd scenario is pretty much impossible.

NYiVtec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NYiVtec
[QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"]

zeriva

well if its after the election than the corresponding VP would take office. but what happens if they pass after the election but before they take office?:?

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
[QUOTE="NYiVtec"]

[QUOTE="Dark-Sithious"]If Obama gets assassinated it's an inside job, not something that some crazy nut jobs would do. Do you honestly think you can just assassinate the president, unless you're on the inside?Dark-Sithious

yes it is possible

Lee Harvey Oswald appeared to have no problem killing JFK... :|
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
well if its after the election than the corresponding VP would take office. but what happens if they pass after the election but before they take office?:?

NYiVtec

Then the VP-elect will assume office.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
2nd, McCain doesn't look THAT oldJIT93
this, plus he has more then enough money to keep him alive if something does happen.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
McCain iis one of the oldest people to ever run for president, and if sworn in he will be the oldest serving president in our nations history....I think kinda. I'm not 100% sure on that. With that said, he also has a long history of medical problems like cancer. I wouldn't be all that surprised if he dies in office. Will he? I don't know.
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts
[QUOTE="zeriva"][QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"]

Dark-Sithious

Actually that is not something to laugh about, I'm not saying that particular event would unfold, but Bush could suddenly be given some sort of emergency powers due to some catastrophic event.

im not saying it would be funny, im saying its ironic X]

Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dark-Sithious
[QUOTE="Dark-Sithious"][QUOTE="NYiVtec"]

[QUOTE="Dark-Sithious"]If Obama gets assassinated it's an inside job, not something that some crazy nut jobs would do. Do you honestly think you can just assassinate the president, unless you're on the inside?MattUD1

yes it is possible

Lee Harvey Oswald appeared to have no problem killing JFK... :|

Do you believe everything you're told, everything you see?

halfirishhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 halfirishhomer
Member since 2007 • 550 Posts

I doubt McCain will win now, after his recent slipup. Not sure if you've heard the latest news but apparently McCain bragged about his leadership abilities in conjunction with the approval of the "Bailout". He even stated that he had united his fellow representatives to vote for the proposition. How do you think voters will react when McCain can't even get support from his own?Dark-Sithious

Actually McCain was asked to come back by his fellow republicans, and he never bragged about it. And I never heard that he supported the bill.

Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dark-Sithious
[QUOTE="Dark-Sithious"][QUOTE="zeriva"][QUOTE="BladeOfHeaven"]

BladeOfHeaven

im not saying it would be funny, im saying its ironic X]

hehe, ok :)

Dark-Sithious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dark-Sithious

[QUOTE="Dark-Sithious"]I doubt McCain will win now, after his recent slipup. Not sure if you've heard the latest news but apparently McCain bragged about his leadership abilities in conjunction with the approval of the "Bailout". He even stated that he had united his fellow representatives to vote for the proposition. How do you think voters will react when McCain can't even get support from his own?halfirishhomer

Actually McCain was asked to come back by his fellow republicans, and he never bragged about it. And I never heard that he supported the bill.

Well, I do not know what sources you get your info from. I get mine from a Norwegian newspaper, and I'm well aware of that information may be highly subjective or even false. But can't you say the same thing?

NYiVtec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NYiVtec

[QUOTE="Dark-Sithious"]I doubt McCain will win now, after his recent slipup. Not sure if you've heard the latest news but apparently McCain bragged about his leadership abilities in conjunction with the approval of the "Bailout". He even stated that he had united his fellow representatives to vote for the proposition. How do you think voters will react when McCain can't even get support from his own?halfirishhomer

Bush, McCain, and Obama all supported it:|

DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DeathHeart95
Member since 2008 • 2541 Posts

BladeOfHeaven

Palin versus Biden possibly?

Um... neither is very likely, but McCain dying of old age or health issues is more likely.

halfirishhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 halfirishhomer
[QUOTE="halfirishhomer"]

[QUOTE="Dark-Sithious"]I doubt McCain will win now, after his recent slipup. Not sure if you've heard the latest news but apparently McCain bragged about his leadership abilities in conjunction with the approval of the "Bailout". He even stated that he had united his fellow representatives to vote for the proposition. How do you think voters will react when McCain can't even get support from his own?NYiVtec

Bush, McCain, and Obama all supported it:|

Last I heard he was still looking over all the details but I never heard if he voted for it. I also heard that when Obama came back to washingtion the first thing he did was blame republicans for this, when he knows Barney frank and the democrats started this whole situation. And Nancy Pelosi called republicans unpatriotic for not getting involved on the bill, when she excluded them from the negotiations. Democrats man, I'm telling ya.

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
McCain iis one of the oldest people to ever run for president, and if sworn in he will be the oldest serving president in our nations history....I think kinda. I'm not 100% sure on that. With that said, he also has a long history of medical problems like cancer. I wouldn't be all that surprised if he dies in office. Will he? I don't know.Vandalvideo
Kinda false. If McCain wins, he will be the oldest President to be sworn in for a 1st term, but he won't be the oldest President ever. Reagan was 78 when he left office.
Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Makemap
Member since 2007 • 3755 Posts
Dam Obama should really get bullet proof stuff.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]McCain iis one of the oldest people to ever run for president, and if sworn in he will be the oldest serving president in our nations history....I think kinda. I'm not 100% sure on that. With that said, he also has a long history of medical problems like cancer. I wouldn't be all that surprised if he dies in office. Will he? I don't know.peaceful_anger
Kinda false. If McCain wins, he will be the oldest President to be sworn in for a 1st term, but he won't be the oldest President ever. Reagan was 78 when he left office.

I knew there was something wrong with what I was saying, sounded off. Never-the-less it is still an important factor to consider. His failing health and his age that is.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

If Obama gets assassinated it's an inside job, not something that some crazy nut jobs would do. Do you honestly think you can just assassinate the president, unless you're on the inside?Dark-Sithious

Thats how all assassinations start from. And McCain "death from old age" Comon that has assassination writen all over it. First woman president?!

halfirishhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 halfirishhomer

[QUOTE="peaceful_anger"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]McCain iis one of the oldest people to ever run for president, and if sworn in he will be the oldest serving president in our nations history....I think kinda. I'm not 100% sure on that. With that said, he also has a long history of medical problems like cancer. I wouldn't be all that surprised if he dies in office. Will he? I don't know.Vandalvideo

I knew there was something wrong with what I was saying, sounded off. Never-the-less it is still an important factor to consider. His failing health and his age that is.

Really? I wasn't aware that his health was failing. Maybe someone should inform Senator McCain.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts

[QUOTE="famicommander"]I guarantee both men will be alive 8 years from now. McCain is a millionaire who is in great health. He has beaten cancer and has access to the best health care in the history of the world. His mother is in her late 90s and is still going strong. Obama would not get assassiniated. The security surrounding the president is outstanding. You're nuts if you think no one tried to shoot Clinton or Bush._Ninja

Yes I do... His medical history is public knowledge. He suffered great physical trauma years ago and has battled skin cancer, but all of his vital organs are strong.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
Although McCain dying in office is extremely unlikely (He's a millionaire and in good health), Obama being assassinated is even less likely. After Oswald, there have been tremendous steps forward in the security of the President. Each area where the president is going to visit is surveyed by the secret service weeks in advance, points of possible interest tagged and secured, windows are constantly monitored, manholes are welded shut, if the president ever has their back to a wall with a room on the other side, there are secret service agents on the other side of that wall. Perimeters are kept, and enforced.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vandalvideo
Really? I wasn't aware that his health was failing. Maybe someone should inform Senator McCain.halfirishhomer
Have you taken a look at his medical records? He has had four bouts of cancer and has a long history of medical problems. He isn't exactly getting a passing grade on health. I was reffering to it in the past tense. he has a long history of severe and acute medical problems.
Zentrenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Zentrenius
Member since 2006 • 1593 Posts

I doubt McCain will win now, after his recent slipup. Not sure if you've heard the latest news but apparently McCain bragged about his leadership abilities in conjunction with the approval of the "Bailout". He even stated that he had united his fellow representatives to vote for the proposition. How do you think voters will react when McCain can't even get support from his own?Dark-Sithious

I don't know about that. As far as I can tell, Obama's been spewing self-righteous dreck all throughout his campaign. I doubt this little slip-up of McCain's will do too much.

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 links136
Member since 2004 • 2400 Posts

BladeOfHeaven

HILARY FTW

_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 _Ninja
Member since 2004 • 1193 Posts
[QUOTE="_Ninja"]

[QUOTE="famicommander"]I guarantee both men will be alive 8 years from now. McCain is a millionaire who is in great health. He has beaten cancer and has access to the best health care in the history of the world. His mother is in her late 90s and is still going strong. Obama would not get assassiniated. The security surrounding the president is outstanding. You're nuts if you think no one tried to shoot Clinton or Bush.famicommander

Yes I do... His medical history is public knowledge. He suffered great physical trauma years ago and has battled skin cancer, but all of his vital organs are strong.

I didn't know releasing his medical history to a small group of reporters for several hours is public knowledge. Who knows what other illnesses the reporters didn't have a chance of seeing.

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts

Do you really think a bunch of skinheads are a match for the secret service?

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
McCain dying. Secret service will keep Obama going strong.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

After Reagan being shot while walking down the street, I think it's almost impossible to get close enough to even attempt to assassinate a president. I also think McCain will live for another eight ears at least, regardless of the outcome of the election.
fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts

I would say that there is an equal chance of either event happening.MattUD1

And that seems to be what the poll is saying...

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts

After Reagan being shot while walking down the street, I think it's almost impossible to get close enough to even attempt to assassinate a president. I also think McCain will live for another eight ears at least, regardless of the outcome of the election.Rhazakna

Sarah Palin better get in touch with a hitman then

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

After Reagan being shot while walking down the street, I think it's almost impossible to get close enough to even attempt to assassinate a president. I also think McCain will live for another eight ears at least, regardless of the outcome of the election.Rhazakna

If he loses he may lose his will to live. :P

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think obama getting assassiinated lol.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts

So which one is more likely if elected to the presidency, McCain dying due to poor health/old age while in office or Obama getting assassinated by white supremacists?Slick_Rican

Wow I never thought of it that way :shock:

Lol exactly 50/50 tied!
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
mccain looks is pretty old. its more likely he will die of natural causes soon
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

Both parties bring this up and both act like it's so offensive.

The chances are about equal, in my opinion.

Democrats spew "racist" bull everytime they hear it. They like to think we're all tolerant here except for some grandpas and crazy southerners wearing white bedsheets.

Republicans act like a clean bill of health is sufficient for a formerly cancer ridden and physically abused older man in his 70s.

The fact is there's a chance of both, and I don't think Biden or Palin could do the job better than the other if it DID happen.