Which is creepier, an Alien or a Predator?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

I can't decide. The alien has the little mini mouth that shoots out and the predator has that super ugly ass face. Maybe someday there will be a better AvP. Although I have not seen any of them. What do you think, alien or predator?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34655 Posts

Alien. Predators can at least communicate, and has somewhat human bodies.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Predators have a mostly humanoid body which makes them less creepy. So the alien wins. Not to mention they are born after a face hugger attaches itself on your face and plants a parasite which will eventually grow into a baby and burst out of your innards.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Aliens and their giant melon heads.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23940 Posts

Considering what the Alien is meant to portray. The Xenomorph.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46441 Posts

Alien is more deadly on its own, Predators when working as a team.

But man, I just want to say what a joke this is that they aren't bringing Prey to theatres, what a let down.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56191 Posts

Those Xenomorphs (Alien) are super duper creepier & terrifying. Ever play Alien: Isolation game? Come back and tell me if they are creepier to you.

Is Predator creepier? Yeah right🤭

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38682 Posts

saw the first alien movie when i was waay too young and it scared the crap out of me for a long time. had predator on vhs as a kid too and watched it 100 times and was never once frightened of the thing. i always thought it was really cool. who wouldn't want awesome heat vision and cloaking?

alien 1000x

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6907 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Alien is more deadly on its own, Predators when working as a team.

But man, I just want to say what a joke this is that they aren't bringing Prey to theatres, what a let down.

Lol what? I think you got that reversed. One Predator can wreck multiple aliens.

And Prey looks like "woke" trash.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46441 Posts

@davillain said:

Those Xenomorphs (Alien) are super duper creepier & terrifying. Ever play Alien: Isolation game? Come back and tell me if they are creepier to you.

Is Predator creepier? Yeah right🤭

Dude's creepy as hell

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58370 Posts

Alien, no question.

Predator is humanoid, speaks, is sentient...has a code of honor, laws, and a society.

Alien is an animal created solely to kill and reproduce in the worst way possible.

Also it was designed by Giger, a master of the creepy.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DEVILinIRON

@mrbojangles25 said:

Very true.

Still, someone did a good job on this guy's face.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44589 Posts

I imagine a death by predator would be clean and quick so I would fear it less. Though I probably have no survival chances against one at least it would potentially humor me out of sport. If I knew what was potentially hunting me I'd be safe knowing it probably wouldn't bother if I wasn't armed and could probably avoid confrontation by not being a very opportunistic target.

Aliens on other hand would terrify the shit out of me. Even worse, being host for the facehugger/chestburster life cycle would seem painful. Best case scenario a drone plunges its retractable mouth into my skull for a quick death. Though, they are susceptible to firearms and I might stand a chance against a stray one or two with my basic home defense tools. Though I stand a better chance to survive against one they sure as hell are a lot creepier.

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts

Alien. The whole concept seems to border on an existential nightmare for anyone who is a victim to it, plus the fact that they come off impossible to kill due to how they reproduce.

Predators are only scary initially until one figures out they are just advanced predators of wildlife in a sense. Once you can get into the headspace and learn how to deal with them, much like what we saw in the first Predator movie, you learn how to deal with them. Plus, they can become allies in certain situations. As well, we do have technology that can combat them and a lot of the attacks from Predators have been isolated incidents, so that it is a lot of things like that that make the Predator scary, but only initially.

As well, the first AvP was good. It is a bit silly going back to it, but I find much entertainment from it. I'm not sure about the sequel.

jackleo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jackleo65
Member since 2022 • 5 Posts

Aliens, In the game and films. Who saw alien and predator in their real life?, or I'm getting wrong.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59060 Posts

Never really found Predator creepy, but it is a movie i'd watch, and enjoy more, over Aliens.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I guess it would depend on what their pickup line was. Also the Alien would probably want you to meet the family really soon so there's that. The Predator would just end up leaving your skin hanging from a tree in Central America somewhere so a 2nd date would probably be out.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DEVILinIRON

@fenriz275: Hahaha

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23940 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Alien, no question.

Predator is humanoid, speaks, is sentient...has a code of honor, laws, and a society.

Alien is an animal created solely to kill and reproduce in the worst way possible.

Yeah thius is a huge thing.

A xenomorph will lounge at me and that is it. A Yautja might try to give me a fighting chance before killing me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrbojangles25
@fenriz275 said:

I guess it would depend on what their pickup line was. Also the Alien would probably want you to meet the family really soon so there's that. The Predator would just end up leaving your skin hanging from a tree in Central America somewhere so a 2nd date would probably be out.

Plus the Alien's pickup line is "Hissssss! SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" and I don't know, just doesn't seem that great. I've heard better. I'll take the Predator's clicking purr over a hiss.

@Maroxad said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Alien, no question.

Yeah thius is a huge thing.

A xenomorph will lounge at me and that is it. A Yautja might try to give me a fighting chance before killing me.

Yup. Also, to add to this, I think in Predator 2 the Predator was about to kill the lady detective, but he did a scan and saw she was a pregnant and let her live. Now, you could make the argument that this was a hunter's logic--pregnant prey leads to more prey--but in either case it was an act of mercy, in one way or another.

Also when Danny Glover was at the end and killed the Predator that was hunting him, all the others came out and they actually gave him a gift. They were like "game recognizes game, son" and let him leave haha.

In hindsight, Predator 2 was really an insightful movie into Predator culture.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25
@DEVILinIRON said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Very true.

Oh ya, Predator is insanely well designed. The perma-scowl, the mean eyes, the dreadlocks, the mouth-within-mandibles...just a thing of beauty, in its own way haha.

Man I miss the days of animatronics, guys-in-suits, and practical effects. Some directors still do that stuff but it's mostly CG and frankly I will take practical over CG 9/10 times.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Something that is both can be very scary

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#24 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I've only seen the original Alien film and played a decent amount of Alien Isolation. Judging from those two things alone my choice is Alien. The Xenomorph is absolutely terrifying.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38682 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@DEVILinIRON said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Very true.

Oh ya, Predator is insanely well designed. The perma-scowl, the mean eyes, the dreadlocks, the mouth-within-mandibles...just a thing of beauty, in its own way haha.

Man I miss the days of animatronics, guys-in-suits, and practical effects. Some directors still do that stuff but it's mostly CG and frankly I will take practical over CG 9/10 times.

iirc stan winston's team designed the suit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrbojangles25

@speeny said:

I've only seen the original Alien film and played a decent amount of Alien Isolation. Judging from those two things alone my choice is Alien. The Xenomorph is absolutely terrifying.

It's a little old at this point but if you can get ahold of a copy of Alien vs Predator 2 (the game, not the movie) it's one of the most fun games in history. Playing as the Alien, and the Predator, and the Marines....is just so much fun. I especially loved playing as the Alien, just so much fun playing the ambush predator.

Marines was a terrifying campaign too. Completely channeled the Aliens movie.

And Predator campaign was almost too easy but still fun with all the weapons and gadgets.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

Alien by far, if we're going with the Ridley Scott version and not James Cameron's sequel; which mind you is still a good movie. The Predator looks cool, but definitely not scary. It's even kinda cheesy, like when he mimics people's voices and cusses. XD

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts