Which character would you like to see get their movie next in the MCU?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Which character would you like to see get their movie next in the MCU? (20 votes)

Daredevil 10%
The Punisher 0%
Jessica Jones 0%
Luke Cage 0%
Blade 15%
Ghost Rider 0%
Fantastic Four 25%
Elektra 0%
Immortus/Kang the Conqueror/Nathaniel Richards 0%
X-Men 50%
Inhumans 0%

Marvel nearly owns all of their properties and is free to do what they want with them. With a lot of marvel televisions shows recently ending or getting cancelled it's not unlikely we may see some of these characters recast for a big screen debut. Who do you think will make it first and who do you want to see the most?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Question:

Who owns every gaming rights? I can't imagine Disney owns all Marvel Character gaming rights, and not everything Disney owns is in the MCU. They are clearly slacking in their macking whoever does own all the gaming rights.

So technically speaking X-Men isn't MCU, but yes, the only answer is X-Men.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I said X-men. The issue is apparently Hugh Jackman isn’t going to play that role anymore. Much like Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Hugh Jackman is made for the role of Wolverine. So, idk. Lol

My second pick would have been Daredevil. I didn’t watch the series but I do prefer Ben Affleck as Daredevil instead of being Batman. (I know Daredevil Ben Affleck got poor reviews but I grew up watching it.)

There is definitely potential for the less known franchises too.

I believe Mysterio is going to be in the next Spiderman movie which’ll be great. I was always intrigued by that character. Bruce Campbell was going to cameo him in Spiderman 4 but obviously that got canned so I’m in high hopes for this new one.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@saltslasher said:

Question:

Who owns every gaming rights? I can't imagine Disney owns all Marvel Character gaming rights, and not everything Disney owns is in the MCU. They are clearly slacking in their macking whoever does own all the gaming rights.

No idea. Sony owns Spiderman hence the PS4 exclusive game. I know Activision has made games in the past, such as Xmen Legends and Marvel's Ultimate Alliance.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jcrame10

@speeny said:

I said X-men. The issue is apparently Hugh Jackman isn’t going to play that role anymore. Much like Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Hugh Jackman is made for the role of Wolverine. So, idk. Lol

My second pick would have been Daredevil. I didn’t watch the series but I do prefer Ben Affleck as Daredevil instead of being Batman. (I know Daredevil Ben Affleck got poor reviews but I grew up watching it.)

I believe Mysterio is going to be in the next Spiderman movie which’ll be great. I was always intrigued by that character. Bruce Campbell was going to cameo him in Spiderman 4 but obviously that got canned so I’m in high hopes for this new one.

If/when X-Men gets rebooted, in the MCU or not, they will likely recast every character.

I liked Afleck as Daredevil too. I actually don't think the movie is even that bad despite everyone hating it. I think he is terrible as Batman.

And yes, you are correct, Jack Gyllenhaal is playing Mysterio in Spiderman: Far From Home

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Speeny

@jcrame10: Yep, I agree. Affleck does not make a good Batman in my opinion. Just not suited for the Bruce Wayne role in general. He looks kind of chubby in the suit.

If I’m honest, I really liked Michael Keaton as Batman. Christian Bale was fantastic but there’s just something about the Tim Burton Batman movies that I like. I guess it’s more noir and comical compared to Nolan’s vision.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jcrame10

@speeny said:

@jcrame10: Yep, I agree. Affleck does not make a good Batman in my opinion. Just not suited for the Bruce Wayne role in general. He looks kind of chubby in the suit.

If I’m honest, I really liked Michael Keaton as Batman. Christian Bale was fantastic but there’s just something about the Tim Burton Batman movies that I like. I guess it’s more noir and comical compared to Nolan’s vision.

I was born in 92 and didn't see any of the 80s/90s Batman movies til way after so it's kind of hard for me to take them for what they were at the time compared to movies today. I really liked Christian Bale in the 00s movies.

I think the problem is Ben Afleck sucks as Batman, BvS sucked, Justice League sucked....DC movies in general suck.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Speeny

@jcrame10: Hahaha, true. I am close to marathoning through all of the MCU movies. So, wish me luck. What’s your favourite if you’ve seen them all?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jcrame10

@speeny said:

@jcrame10: Hahaha, true. I am close to marathoning through all of the MCU movies. So, wish me luck. What’s your favourite if you’ve seen them all?

Really like: Avengers Infinity War, Captain America Civil War, Captain America The Winter Soldier, Thor Ragnarok, The Avengers, Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Ok: Avengers Age of Ultron, Thor, Captain America First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3

Did not really care for: Iron Man 2, Doctor Strange, Ant Man, Ant Man and the Wasp, Thor The Dark World, The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman Homecoming

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Speeny

@jcrame10: Yeah I have a feeling I'm not going to like Hulk or Doctor Strange. How do you find Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk? I've only seen a few clips, and there isn't really a chance of a standalone movie apparently. Wish is a shame.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jcrame10

@speeny said:

@jcrame10: Yeah I have a feeling I'm not going to like Hulk or Doctor Strange. How do you find Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk? I've only seen a few clips, and there isn't really a chance of a standalone movie apparently. Wish is a shame.

He's really good. He's featured in:

The Avengers

Age of Ultron

Infinity War

Ragnarok

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@jcrame10 said:
@saltslasher said:

Question:

No idea. Sony owns Spiderman hence the PS4 exclusive game. I know Activision has made games in the past, such as Xmen Legends and Marvel's Ultimate Alliance.

Sony only owns the film rights to Spider-man. Any and all merchandising for the Marvel characters, including game rights, belong to Disney, and they approached Sony to release the game.

Sony sold the merchandising rights back to Marvel in 2011 because the film division --along with Sony's other divisions--was hemorrhaging money at the time.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Thanos

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

The Silver Surfer.....as part of a trilogy with the Fantastic Four

1st movie- Shows his origin as Norris Radd and the origin of his service with Galactus, leads up to and ends with Galactus sending the Surfer out to scout Earth as his prize

2nd movie - becomes a Fantastic Four perspective movie, showing the FF defending Earth from the Silver Surfer and Galactus and ending with the Surfers banishment by Galactus to Earth.

3rd movie - Thanks to Reed Richards, the Silver Surfer is able to locate his love Shalla Bal but she is prisoner to Mephisto, the antagonist of t his movie (a recreation of Silver Surfer #3).

Also I'd like to see a Warlock series with his battles with Magus and encounters with Thanos

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@speeny said:

Personally, while I think that Hugh Jackman did a great job with the role, when the first X-Men came out I thought he was too much of a Hollywood Pretty Man for the character.

And again, don't get me wrong: he did a fantastic job with the role. But he just seemed too "safe" in my first opinion. Like, too much of a Hollywood bad boy.

I'd personally like to see a version of Wolverine who is smaller, meaner, and uglier.

Anyway, I haven't been paying much attention to the Disney/Fox merger/buyout. Does Disney now officially have the rights to incorporate X-Men into the MCU?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@MrGeezer said:

Anyway, I haven't been paying much attention to the Disney/Fox merger/buyout. Does Disney now officially have the rights to incorporate X-Men into the MCU?

Not yet. Shareholders on both sides approved of the acquisition, but the deal is supposed to be finalized January 1st, 2019. Once it happens, I don't imagine Disney is going to be in a rush to shoehorn the X-men into the MCU right away, being that there's already a full slate of projects (both film and TV).

I'm wondering what Disney's plans going forward not with the X-men franchise, but rather, with the 20th Century Fox Studios overall.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

If/when X-Men gets rebooted, in the MCU or not, they will likely recast every character.

I liked Afleck as Daredevil too. I actually don't think the movie is even that bad despite everyone hating it. I think he is terrible as Batman.

And yes, you are correct, Jack Gyllenhaal is playing Mysterio in Spiderman: Far From Home

Affleck was a very good Batman.

Anyway I am getting tired of Marvel movie formula.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
Member since 2018 • 210 Posts

I have very little interest in Marvel post Infinity War 2. If they really started breaking the mold and put out something amazing then that would be one thing but I have zero interest in seeing any of the TV characters get their own movie. I have negative interest in a Black Widow movie.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts

I would like to see an Excalibur movie. Simply because I love Nightcrawler.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Is Blade within that Marvel Universe? He was always a cool character.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#20 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Where's the option for Hulk? Mark Ruffalo's Hulk is great, and deserves his own movie. Marvel and Universal need to get their legal/copyright squabbles sorted, and make that Hulk movie happen.

Other than that, a Blade movie set within the MCU would also be cool. Blade was Marvel's first real success in the movie industry, paving the way for their later success with Spider-Man and MCU. Blade deserves a comeback in the MCU.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@uninspiredcup said:

Kevin Feige said in an interview a few years ago that the film rights to Blade went from New Line Cinema/ Warner Bros. back to Marvel. So a Blade tv show or movie is a possibility.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I thought a Nova movie was in the works a while ago, but I guess not.

The inclusion of the Nova police force people in Guardians 1 made me think it was happening for sure, too. I knew a guy a few years back who was really into the character, and admittedly it might have been cool to see what's up with Nova once and for all. Haven't heard of a movie featuring him since.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Speeny

@Jag85: Yeah, a stand alone Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo is something I definitely want to see.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I gave my vote to Fantastic Four because they need a good movie. What I really want is a Moon Knight movie. Think Batman with schizophrenia.

Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts

Namor the Submariner

Also, I don't think a solo Hulk movie can happen because of something to do with Universal and the rights. He can only appear in Marvel movies, not star in his own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Xmen and not even close.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Crash6:

Be interesting if a Sub-Mariner movie topped Aquaman at the box office. A Sub-Mariner movie could even get the Fantastic Four back in the picture. Reed Richards and Namor have quite a history.

ZakSaturday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 ZakSaturday
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

X-Men and Inhumans.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@zaksaturday said:

X-Men and Inhumans.

Oh hell no........no inhumans after that crap that passed for a tv show.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@LJS9502_basic said:
@zaksaturday said:

X-Men and Inhumans.

Oh hell no........no inhumans after that crap that passed for a tv show.

I think it's safe to say that any use of Inhumans is pretty much DOA. Funny thing was, it was initially proposed as a movie.

europeisgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By europeisgreat
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

No one and no more, the MCU sucks, period.

I only like a few movies but the majority sucks and usually I don't hate on movies but I'm beginning to really hate on them because they are overrated and people praise them as if the are one of the greatest things ever put on film when in reality they nothing more than hack films created by hacks and I still can't believe people eat them up.

Oh and DC sucks more than MCU, for anybody claiming I'm a DC fanboy.

rosieK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rosieK
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Remake the FF sequel please!!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@europeisgreat said:

No one and no more, the MCU sucks, period.

I only like a few movies but the majority sucks and usually I don't hate on movies but I'm beginning to really hate on them because they are overrated and people praise them as if the are one of the greatest things ever put on film when in reality they nothing more than hack films created by hacks and I still can't believe people eat them up.

Oh and DC sucks more than MCU, for anybody claiming I'm a DC fanboy.

Does it? Or this just people hating on it because it's popular.

Because I remember stuff like Batman And Robin, Captian America and a whole slew of crap.

It wasn't really until about Blade and Xmen that we started getting anything remotely resembling good superhero movies, other than DC's animated movies, which to this day don't get enough respect to be anything other than straight to video, with Mask Of Phantasm getting an almost non-existent release, with no marketing, even though it was leagues better than their live action movies.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Richard Rider.

I'm still disappointed he didn't make an appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Definitely Darryl, Thor's roommate.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Kevin Feige said in an interview a few years ago that the film rights to Blade went from New Line Cinema/ Warner Bros. back to Marvel. So a Blade tv show or movie is a possibility.

It's hard to fit Blade into the MCU, though, as it requires a world populated with vampires. Comics do all kinds of silly things so I'm not ruling it out, but it wouldn't be seamless.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jag85

@mattbbpl: It wouldn't be too hard to include vampire secret societies in the MCU. They've already included a ton of shit in the MCU. It wouldn't hurt to include vampires too.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jag85

@uninspiredcup: It's more a case of people getting burnt-out with fatigue from too many superhero movies... But I'd consider the MCU an exception, as they're the only superhero movies worth watching nowadays (and Split, if it lives up to expectations).

I haven't watched DC animated movies though (I'm not usually into DC).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 uninspiredcup  Online

The quality of the animated movies are kind of all over the shit now. But still generally in better shape than the live action catastrophes.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I like thanos because he killed half of the Marvel characters.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Would like to see the X-23 character sort of inherit the crown from Wolverine. That young woman did an amazing job, her ferocity almost matched Jackman's, and she was a great actor on top of that. Not sure how old she is, if she intends to be an actor her whole life, but she could be very good at it.

I think the character would be received well for a lot of reasons. Notably, familiarity to Wolverine; she is more or less the same role (badass mutant with blades), but a new character, so there is also the potential for a lot more interest. You could argue it'd almost be like falling in love with Wolverine all over again.

The actor seemed really into the role, too, so she might be up for playing all the movies too, you never know.

The only issue is continuity; the end of Logan seemed pretty clear that the X-Men and all that were finished, like it was "Hey this is the end of the story". Not sure if Logan was a spinoff or actually part of the whole X-Men universe, though.

But whereas Wolverine, at least in the films, is more on the brute side of things, X-23 could be more ninja-like, which is also pretty cool imo

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Would like to see the X-23 character sort of inherit the crown from Wolverine. That young woman did an amazing job, her ferocity almost matched Jackman's, and she was a great actor on top of that. Not sure how old she is, if she intends to be an actor her whole life, but she could be very good at it.

I think the character would be received well for a lot of reasons. Notably, familiarity to Wolverine; she is more or less the same role (badass mutant with blades), but a new character, so there is also the potential for a lot more interest. You could argue it'd almost be like falling in love with Wolverine all over again.

The actor seemed really into the role, too, so she might be up for playing all the movies too, you never know.

The only issue is continuity; the end of Logan seemed pretty clear that the X-Men and all that were finished, like it was "Hey this is the end of the story". Not sure if Logan was a spinoff or actually part of the whole X-Men universe, though.

But whereas Wolverine, at least in the films, is more on the brute side of things, X-23 could be more ninja-like, which is also pretty cool imo

I can agree on that, she was fantastic.

There is always X-Men 2099 if they need a new continuity. Logan is set in 2029, and if her regeneration powers are like Wolverine's, her appearing to be a young adult in 2099 isn't entirely impossible.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

There is always X-Men 2099 if they need a new continuity. Logan is set in 2029, and if her regeneration powers are like Wolverine's, her appearing to be a young adult in 2099 isn't entirely impossible.

Yeah not sure how canon it is, but I remember in one of the first Wolverine movies they showed him in like all of the American (and other) wars, like Revolutionary, Civil, WWI, WWII, etc.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@Jag85: @mattbbpl: I'm agreeing with Jag on the vampires. They have wizards, aliens, an entirely hidden country, and Gods (sorta). A secret Vampire society wouldn't be too hard. Hell at this point I would argue very little couldn't be fit in to the mcu that would risk its legitimacy.

kingkilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingkilla3
Member since 2006 • 17193 Posts

How about Doop?

PeterQuill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points