Where were you when Kennedy was shot?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

I walked home from my grade two class and was watching the news while eating lunch.

I can still taste the mayonaisse and balogna after all these years while hearing that terrible news

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Loading Video...

inventing what the kid call "twerking".

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Not even close to being alive.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#6  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Crawling around in some Russian jungle.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

My father's nutsack.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I wasn't born yet. So...yeah.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Wow, TC is a geezer.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Not born yet. This is actually pretty weird though, my work has the driveshaft of the car that he was shot in in the lobby for the week.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

I was too busy with non-existence to care.

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

Crawling around in some Russian jungle.

I think you've gotten one too many muzzle flashes in the face, that was in '64, that President was shot in '63.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

I wasn't born yet.

Likely I get to talk to people who were alive at the time and they would recall in vivid detail where were they and what was going during the minutes of the assassination. I don't think no other major event like that have caused so many people to accurately remember what they were doing and tell it like it was yesterday.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
@Jd1680a said:
I don't think no other major event like that have caused so many people to accurately remember what they were doing and tell it like it was yesterday.

I bet almost all Americans remember where they were during 9/11 if they were old enough at the time. I was in 7th grade math class

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#14 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

@deeliman said:

My father's nutsack.

This.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

I was behind the fence on the grassy knoll in Delaney Plaza, Dallas, Texas.

But really though, I was just an egg at the time so... yeah....

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I had just got off of Airforce One, and was riding in my convertible through Texas

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

I was swimming around in my fathers testicles

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

My dad hadn't even hit puberty yet.

@deeliman said:

My father's nutsack.

Actually, sperm dies off on a pretty regular basis. Unless he conceived you later that year (maybe even that same month or week) then you didn't even exist yet as sperm.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Still waiting to cause my mother to ponder abortion a few short months later.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I was 2 years old at the time, so difficult to say.

I can say I was born when Kennedy was president though.

I do remember seeing Robert Kennedy getting shot in 1968. Looked like it was live.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Man, I'll probably kill myself if I'm still posting on OT when I'm 50+.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 GoogleAndroid
Member since 2013 • 162 Posts

I didn't exist. Neither did my parents.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Swimming around in my dad's scrotum.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deeliman

@Aljosa23 said:

Man, I'll probably kill myself if I'm still posting on OT when I'm 50+.

OT would've probably died out by then.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AFBrat77

@JML897 said:
@Jd1680a said:
I don't think no other major event like that have caused so many people to accurately remember what they were doing and tell it like it was yesterday.

I bet almost all Americans remember where they were during 9/11 if they were old enough at the time. I was in 7th grade math class

I remember where I was then, where I was when I heard John Lennon was shot, where I was when I heard Michael Jackson died.

9/11 = at work at QVC, all TV was on that story, even the QVC channel

John Lennon = I was 19 in Air Force tech school watching the news from the dorms. I cried that day. Very much a John Lennon fan.

Michael Jackson = leaving the movie theatre with my nephew from the awful Transformers 2 movie, heard something about it in the bathroom, discarded the thought, then heard it on the car radio. MJ was a monumental talent, he was not a child molester, he was a lost soul who grew up without any childhood. His connection with kids was simply to build some sort of childhood. A private man always in the public spotlight....not a good combo. Tragic.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deeliman

@theone86 said:

My dad hadn't even hit puberty yet.

@deeliman said:

My father's nutsack.

Actually, sperm dies off on a pretty regular basis. Unless he conceived you later that year (maybe even that same month or week) then you didn't even exist yet as sperm.

You must be fun at parties.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

i wasnt even a sperm yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

I'm over 30 and my Dad was only 9 when Kennedy was shot.

Most of the kids on this forum, their parents weren't even born yet, or where still young children.

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

I was driving the car.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

I was wee so I don't remember it, but we were living in Germany and my parents cried (according to my mom).

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

I was the janitor in the building the guy shot him from.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

I was still within the æther. My reckoning had not yet come.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

I was doing some random plinking/target practice on a grassy knoll in Dallas. I suspect I may have gotten a little carried away.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@JML897 said:
@Jd1680a said:

MJ was a monumental talent, he was not a child molester, he was a lost soul who grew up without any childhood. His connection with kids was simply to build some sort of childhood. A private man always in the public spotlight....not a good combo. Tragic.

Umm and you know that how ? Some guy came out and said he was molested by MJ a while ago. He may be lying, but MJ was a weird dude and no one really knows what he did with kids at his ranch.

Wasn't alive when JFK was shot.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@AFBrat77 said:

@JML897 said:
@Jd1680a said:

MJ was a monumental talent, he was not a child molester, he was a lost soul who grew up without any childhood. His connection with kids was simply to build some sort of childhood. A private man always in the public spotlight....not a good combo. Tragic.

Umm and you know that how ? Some guy came out and said he was molested by MJ a while ago. He may be lying, but MJ was a weird dude and no one really knows what he did with kids at his ranch.

Yeah. If it was just some random dude living in your neighborhood, would anybody buy "I had kids in my bed but nothing sexual happened"? I highly doubt it.

And yeah MJ had a messed up childhood but you know who else had a messed up childhood? Most child molesters.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AFBrat77

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@AFBrat77 said:

@JML897 said:
@Jd1680a said:

I said why he was a weird dude, good reason for that......but I'm certain he wasn't a child molester, I don't have any doubt that he was trying to gain a childhood he never had, and when he went into solitude for a long time it was to gain some privacy that he sorely needed and never had.

I could be wrong but I think the guy recanted his story. Besides do you not think it possible he was trying to get MJ's money?

Unlike you I was alive alongside the time of MJ, I don't think he was the monster people make him out to be. He didn't know how to act away from the stage, and thats because he was a private person always in the public eye, a nightmare for a private person.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#37  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

While the prosecution did fail to prove that Michael Jackson molested that kid beyond a reasonable doubt, it's perfectly possible that he actually did do it. Being really good at singing and dancing doesn't somehow preclude him from being a child molester, which is what so many of his fans seem to think.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AFBrat77

@JML897 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@AFBrat77 said:

@JML897 said:
@Jd1680a said:

Yeah. If it was just some random dude living in your neighborhood, would anybody buy "I had kids in my bed but nothing sexual happened"? I highly doubt it.

And yeah MJ had a messed up childhood but you know who else had a messed up childhood? Most child molesters.

I see the situation different from you and I'm far from naive. I certainly don't think MJ was molested himself, theres never been any evidence of that, and generally that is a signature mark of many child molesters.

I stand by what I wrote, I'm pretty sure I'm on the mark.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#39  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@AFBrat77 said:

@JML897 said:
@Jd1680a said:

I said why he was a weird dude, good reason for that......but I'm certain he wasn't a child molester, I don't have any doubt that he was trying to gain a childhood he never had, and when he went into solitude for a long time it was to gain some privacy that he sorely needed and never had.

I could be wrong but I think the guy recanted his story. Besides do you not think it possible he was trying to get MJ's money?

Unlike you I was alive alongside the time of MJ, I don't think he was the monster people make him out to be. He didn't know how to act away from the stage, and thats because he was a private person always in the public eye, a nightmare for a private person.

How can you be certain?

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@AFBrat77: No one knows if he did or not. It wouldn't surprise me though if he did. Your fandom might cloud your opinion, but whatever. I was alive with MJ too and can't question his musical talent.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

My father was three and my mother was four.

I wasn't even a "sparkle in my father's eye" yet.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AFBrat77

@GreySeal9 said:

@AFBrat77 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@AFBrat77 said:

@JML897 said:
@Jd1680a said:

How can you be certain?

Not certain, but neither of us is certain either way. I have a feeling about it and I trust it, I've found that its usually on the mark.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AFBrat77

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@AFBrat77: No one knows if he did or not. It wouldn't surprise me though if he did. Your fandom might cloud your opinion, but whatever. I was alive with MJ too and can't question his musical talent.

I liked some of his music, particularly with the Jackson Five and his solo album "Off the Wall" but I wouldn't say I was a fan, so no clouding there.

It would surprise me if he did, I just don't think that was his way. But its true, we won't know. I was sad to see his death.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

My parents didn't even meet yet.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

In the sea of infinite

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

@GamerForca said:

@deeliman said:

My father's nutsack.

This.

Me too but more specifically his testicle. I believe it was the left one but I could be mistaken.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

MY FATHERS BALLS!!!

Loading Video...

mulalatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mulalatum
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

Just came back from desert storm

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

I wasn't around when JFK got shot, but my parents were. My mother had little memory of it, but my dad was in elementary school at the time. He heard the sad news, and he had to deliver newspapers about JFK's death. Those were sad times. My dad watched the funeral, and so did my maternal grandparents. :(