Where are the most awesome, best tourist destinations in the US?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6588 Posts

My Canadian friend has been asking about tourist trips to different places. AI think the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. But the heat is deadly. Maybe going in the winter will be best idk. What do you think?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4879 Posts

What kinds of things do you like to do? For example, if you are into museums and plays, I would recommend San Francisco or New York. If you like to ski, I'll recommend Tahoe. Natural rock formations tickle your fancy? Utah.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 50537 Posts

Yosemite.

Yellowstone.

Grand Canyon.

I mean....the list goes on, man. US is full of great stuff to see.

Honestly man tell your friend to just rent a car, plan out for a week or two, and do a road trip. There's so much to see in this country. I recommend travelling in the spring. Winter can be rough for driving, and summer can be brutally hot depending on where you are. Spring is perfect. Fall can be nice, too.

Northern California in general is a good trip. Truth be told I'd tell him to fly into SF/Oakland then drive to Yosemite, then head up to Oregon or Washington, stopping at a few places along the way.

Is he a beer drinker? Tons of a great breweries around. You can make a trip out of that alone.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@mrbojangles25: She doesn't drink that much, as far as I know. I agree with you about the road trip, but I think she likes touristy trips which can be safer (large groups). They might have those in the form of a road trip. Idk. But I will suggest a road trip to her. Thanks

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25

@DEVILinIRON said:

@mrbojangles25: She doesn't drink that much, as far as I know. I agree with you about the road trip, but I think she likes touristy trips which can be safer (large groups). They might have those in the form of a road trip. Idk. But I will suggest a road trip to her. Thanks

Ah then in that case I think maybe a whole packaged Grand Canyon-Vegas deal might be a good idea.

Grand Canyon has tons of touristy stuff, from Pink Jeep rides to donkey trips to river rafting and all that stuff.

And Vegas, well....Vegas is Vegas. All the Vegas stuff is indoors and everything there has AC so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18104 Posts

@DEVILinIRON:

Take her to the hood.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DEVILinIRON

@mrbojangles25: Thanks for the help!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25

@PSP107 said:

@DEVILinIRON:

Take her to the hood.

Good BBQ there. Some good bars, too.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9 warmblur  Online
Member since 2017 • 7663 Posts

I wish I could say Niagara Falls but the American side is a dump unfortunately and it is a embarrassment the Canadian side is a billion times better. It's shame to because it wasn't always that bad things really started to go downhill in the 00's.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 16246 Posts

Into ocean sports? Maui. πŸ„πŸ½πŸ€™πŸΌπŸŒ΄

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 37252 Posts

@judaspete said:

What kinds of things do you like to do? For example, if you are into museums and plays, I would recommend San Francisco or New York. If you like to ski, I'll recommend Tahoe. Natural rock formations tickle your fancy? Utah.

for sheer stupid natural beauty utah is pretty stunning.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 14984 Posts

There are two that I can think of. The first one is the Virgin Islands. I went there one time, on a cruise, and I loved it. It's absolutely gorgeous. Puerto Rico is another good one; specifically, San Juan. The people of San Juan love tourists and they're very polite & helpful.