When's the last time you watched a Steven Seagal action movie OT?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

Under Siege was my recent Seagal watch on Netflix and surprising enough, it still holds up to this day even though I watch it back in 1997 and that was it. Beyond the Law which came out almost 2 years ago would've been the latest Seagal watch and enjoy it due to having DMX (R.I.P) in it made it worth the watch.

Despite Steven Seagal is one of the lesser known action star heroes from 80s and 90s. Like Jean-Claude Van Damme, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Chuck Norris, he used martial arts in his films, though he didn't have the staying power as they do, but at least he wasn't far behind.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I couldn't sleep last weekend and watched Under Siege on Netflix at 1 in the morning. Haven't seen any of his movies after Fire Down Below, but I can still enjoy his early movies. I remember cutting school to see Marked For Death, where he took on the Rastas, in the theater.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16873 Posts

I think it might have been either hard to kill, or marked for death, one of those two, and that was about about ten years ago, at least.

I always hated him because he had the EXACT same look & "acting" style in every one of his movies. 30 years later, and it's just sad that he hasn't changed, except the crappy goatee that tries--and fails--to distract people from his double chin.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

I don't know....when was the last time Steven Seagal was cool? Mid 90's?

Only decent movie was Under Siege. I grew up on the great 80's and 90's action movies and frankly I don't consider him really part of that lineage. In a world filled with The Terminator, Rambo, John McClane, Riggs and Murtaugh....we don't need whatever Seagal tries to bring to the table.

Also, he is kind of a terrible person. Give this awesome podcast a listen Behind the Bastards - Steven Seagal is So Much Worse Than You'd Ever Imagine

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14788 Posts

The last one I saw was a shit movie. I can’t stand the dude, but Under Siege is awesome. I liked the second movie too, not as good as the first though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58642 Posts

His newer stuff is utter gash, mainly fun to watch to make fun off.

Out For Justice is dope though.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

There's only one thing I think of when I think of Under Siege and that's cake.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2074 Posts

The story and setting for under siege is hilarious. A chef on a ship who happens to be trained in military combat. Who thinks of this stuff lol.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Not that he was ever great, he made entertaining films in the 80's and 90's and perhaps the early 2000's. His straight to video material is laughable though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Only decent movie was Under Siege. I grew up on the great 80's and 90's action movies and frankly I don't consider him really part of that lineage. In a world filled with The Terminator, Rambo, John McClane, Riggs and Murtaugh....we don't need whatever Seagal tries to bring to the table.

Also, he is kind of a terrible person. Give this awesome podcast a listen Behind the Bastards - Steven Seagal is So Much Worse Than You'd Ever Imagine

Not surprising in the slightest, people been coming out against Steven Seagal for a long time for several bad things he did, including his previous wives. The problem with Steven Seagal is he openly flaunts his narcissism, and it's known he's been the target for lots of sexual harrassments on women.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

@davillain- said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Not surprising in the slightest, people been coming out against Steven Seagal for a long time for several bad things he did, including his previous wives. The problem with Steven Seagal is he openly flaunts his narcissism, and it's known he's been the target for lots of sexual harrassments on women.

Wait what?

Which reminds me that I know nothing about him except for playing the same character in all his movies.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16873 Posts

@horgen: Yeah, he's had a longtime rep of being a creep towards women, and lying about his martial arts "training". At least most of the other action stars from that era evolved and made attempts at proper acting.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup  Online

@robbie23 said:

The story and setting for under siege is hilarious. A chef on a ship who happens to be trained in military combat. Who thinks of this stuff lol.

Die Hard clone.

Air Force One. Sudden Death. The Rock etc...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@robbie23 said:

Die Hard clone.

Air Force One. Sudden Death. The Rock etc...

Good old Sudden Death lol such a fun B movie the ending is so over the top I love it.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uninspiredcup  Online

@warmblur: Haha, yea, that scene is stupid and awesome.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

Long time ago and I'm not missing his movies in the least.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

@horgen said:
@davillain- said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Wait what?

Which reminds me that I know nothing about him except for playing the same character in all his movies.

Did you listen to the podcast? It's pretty nuts.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I haven’t yet.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17637 Posts

@heathen75 said:

I couldn't sleep last weekend and watched Under Siege on Netflix at 1 in the morning. Haven't seen any of his movies after Fire Down Below, but I can still enjoy his early movies. I remember cutting school to see Marked For Death, where he took on the Rastas, in the theater.

“I want….Hatcha DEAD! I want his family….DEAD!! And if you cannot kill ‘em….I go kill ’em! ‘Den I go kill you….”

Basil Wallace was great in that flick.

OT, yeah I just watched Under Siege on NF a bit ago. My favorite Seagal film by far. Before fat man.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I’ve yet to watch one. But perhaps he’ll make one where he protects Putin from a Biden assassination attempt.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#22 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Looking at his IMDb, don't think I ever have.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@MirkoS77: That was a great scene and that's a cool ass pic. My favorite line was, "Stop the blood clot crying!". I used it on my kid a lot when he was growing up.

gonetomars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gonetomars
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

In real life

Van Damme Vs Seagal - Seagal

Patrick Swayze vs the rest of the field - Swayze

Can't defend a throat rip - McGruber

gonetomars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gonetomars
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Thank you for this. Amazing scene!! I know it's acting but it's so macho how can you not like it?

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I was teen when I was watching his movies I think. I watched some scene on YouTube some years ago I think. Great tv.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1378 Posts

Erika Eleniak... i mean... Under Siege.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#28 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

I didn’t like his acting,the fact was he couldn’t act. He’s cocky and an all around a**hole. Hopefully he gets out of Hollywood for good?