When you feel cousins are exploiting you? Advise OT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Getting married pretty soon.Lost my parents long back to marry me off. My cousin sister and brother in law have taken responsibility for my marriage and shopping extravagantly for themselves as well. Unable to say anything as i'm dependent on them but its hurting me finacially as i've to bear whole marriage expense by myself as well as to please my cousin sister's demands.

Really don't want to lose them/piss them off as i've already invested a lot in the upcoming marriage and they will abondon me which will end in marriage break. I will be really be unable to marry 2nd time as i dont've much money left.I don't want want to lose my cousins also as i'm not saying they are bad people.

How to get over this problem? Any advise?

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts
@carljohnsoncj said:

Unable to say anything as i'm dependent on them but its hurting me finacially as i've to bear whole marriage expense by myself as well as to please my cousin sister's demands.

How are you dependent on them if you're the one paying for it?

In your shoes I might just say "**** all this" and take what money is left to honeymoon in a country with less silly marriage traditions. <_<

Congrats on your engagement tho.