When you are driving at night and are blinded by HID lights from the car behind you.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Anyone experience this a lot?

I hate this crap, and it’s usua done hick in a giant truck. They shine their giant spotlights directly in your car and makes it a lot harder for you to see the road, and also cause eye strain to other drivers. These people should be required to shift their lights so they point to the ground, and not into the cars of other drivers; possibly running them off the road.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DEVILinIRON  Online
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

It's usually light reflecting off the rear-view mirror that causes problems. So I just turn it away.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

Are they using Bright Lights on? Most of the times and depending on the height of your car, the lights alone can be a problem if they reflected the rear view mirrors but most of the times, it might be they have the bright lights on which they can be a pain in the butt, but if that happens, just keep your eyes on the road and try to move into another lane if you can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

All rearview mirrors have a tab for that, just flick it and problem solved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
Member since 2018 • 210 Posts

I don't even notice the cars behind me, I'm too busy being blinded by the car lights in front of me. There needs to be some kind of law limiting how powerful of lights you can have because I'm frequently forced to slow to a halt because I can't see the road.

On the topic of driving. %$@# those #!@$#$ that tailgate me when I'm driving the speed limit on a dark highway in moose country. If a moose doesn't end up killing me you will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@lordlobster said:

On the topic of driving. %$@# those #!@$#$ that tailgate me when I'm driving the speed limit on a dark highway in moose country. If a moose doesn't end up killing me you will.

Aw man I hate this. I've found myself on backroads and snowy roads plenty of times where some redneck local comes along and wants to go faster than the speed limit. Like gee, maybe just go around me, you don't seem to want to follow any other rules of the road anyway.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@phbz: exactly. Most people don’t know about that tab but it works wonders.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@vaidream45: Ye. My gf was mindblonwn by it, like I was showing her some kind of alien technology.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

I often contemplate wearing light-tinted sunglasses at night solely because I find the lights from other cars, high-beams or otherwise, too bright. Do we really need them that bright?

Also I don't like the brightness of those fancy argon-sodium-chromium-plutonium-whatever lights, but at least they don't glare as bad as regular lights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Another pro tip, if suddenly you started having problems with lights and in the past you didn't go to a eye doctor. It's nothing serious, it just means you have to update your lenses.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They... should teach people about the prismatic wedge in the rear-view mirror when you go to driving school.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mercenary848

@phbz said:

@KungfuKitten said:

They... should teach people about the prismatic wedge in the rear-view mirror when you go to driving school.

Guys I thinkk we are talking about two different things. I am not talking about light reflecting from your rear view. Im talking about a douch in a massive truck flashing their high beams directly into your car and blindiing you to the point you can barely see the road. To the point where the inside of your car looks like a freakin flashlight.

Have you gentlemen not experienced this? Its really common driving at night in the south.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

Anyone experience this a lot?

I hate this crap, and it’s usua done hick in a giant truck. They shine their giant spotlights directly in your car and makes it a lot harder for you to see the road, and also cause eye strain to other drivers. These people should be required to shift their lights so they point to the ground, and not into the cars of other drivers; possibly running them off the road.

No, and also if someone is to close must modern day cars have a small flip for the mirror or a button you can press that drops the rear view mirror a tad so you don´t get the light directly

But you may have a case of night blindness so I would go get the eyes checked out

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#14 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@Mercenary848 said:
@phbz said:

@KungfuKitten said:

Guys I thinkk we are talking about two different things. I am not talking about light reflecting from your rear view. Im talking about a douch in a massive truck flashing their high beams directly into your car and blindiing you to the point you can barely see the road. To the point where the inside of your car looks like a freakin flashlight.

Have you gentlemen not experienced this? Its really common driving at night in the south.

At first, I thought you meant from the rear mirror. I don't get how else you would get blinded from light behind you, unless it was being reflected back at you from some other source than the rear view mirror...

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Most cars now have auto turning rear view mirror. I don't notice that crap anymore. But I use to flick the little nob on there and shine it back at them.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mercenary848

@JustPlainLucas said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@phbz said:

@KungfuKitten said:

At first, I thought you meant from the rear mirror. I don't get how else you would get blinded from light behind you, unless it was being reflected back at you from some other source than the rear view mirror...

People adjust their mirrors in a way that makes them shine directly into smaller cars. You ever notice those giant hella lights on the top of jeeps?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

All my mirrors have an automatic dim which is pretty awesome. Woot technology.

-Byshop

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

Agree that this new trend of ultra-bright lights is dangerous and annoying.